Who wants a Scottish team to do well tonight?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

two  goals, surley...:rolleyes2:

One.correction my mistake away goal only kicks in when level on goals scored.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
Just now, sairyinthat said:

One.

ehh, they got beat 3-0

would have had to be 3-2 on the night for them to go through?

3-1 to the pesky Russians last night and they still go through.

am I missing something?

So Zenit spent 80 million on their team?

Ok.

Celtic valued Dembele at 30 million, Tierney at 20 million, Sinclair at 12-15 million. 

They have a defender they paid 5 or 6 million for. Griffiths is probably worth 5 in current market. Roberts is valued at 12 million by city. They have others valued in the millions as well and if you add all Celtics own valuations up they probably value their first team at close to or over 100 million. 

So they can **** off.

Celtic are a complete embarrassment in Europe. I actually hope they chuck the league as well...its just a shame that would likely mean the Rangers winning it. However too see that prick Rodgers face it might just be palatable.

Next round

RB Leipzig v Zenit

Lazio v Kiev

Athletico Madrid v Lokomotiv Moscow 

CSKA Moscow v Lyon

Marseille v Bilbao

Sporting Lisbon v Viktoria Plzen

Borussia Dortmund v Salzburg

AC Milan v Arsenal 

maroonnicky63
Just now, Rudy T said:

Celtic are a complete embarrassment in Europe. I actually hope they chuck the league as well...its just a shame that would likely mean the Rangers winning it. However too see that prick Rodgers face it might just be palatable.

Hard to disagree with this, glad they are out 

Lucille's Thirsty
4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The commentator mentioned that and in fairness Sutton refused to use it as an excuse.

Funny how they never trot out that line when sellik are playing the likes of Hamilton where the relative gap in resources is far bigger

I like Chris Sutton very fair but has annoying voice. Celtic do play some nice stuff don’t get me wrong but never once in Scotland, all the pundits fail to mention the financial disparity between the clubs. But whe roles are reversed in Europe, it’s like their comfort blanket and I’m just not having it. 

Scotland - Big fish in a fish bowl.

Europe - Small fish in an ocean.

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Next round

RB Leipzig v Zenit

Lazio v Kiev

Athletico Madrid v Lokomotiv Moscow 

CSKA Moscow v Lyon

Marseille v Bilbao

Sporting Lisbon v Viktoria Plzen

Borussia Dortmund v Salzburg

AC Milan v Arsenal 

Big famous clubs left - they wont be missed .

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Big famous clubs left - they wont be missed .

Agree. Good tournament.

At most 1 or 2 Celtic would have had any chance against. Pundits saying they could get to final as well last week. 

3 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I like Chris Sutton very fair but has annoying voice. Celtic do play some nice stuff don’t get me wrong but never once in Scotland, all the pundits fail to mention the financial disparity between the clubs. But whe roles are reversed in Europe, it’s like their comfort blanket and I’m just not having it. 

Scotland - Big fish in a fish bowl.

Europe - Small fish in an ocean.

Forget all the big fish small fish stuff, their results are an utter embarrassment. Any other smaller team would've tried to defend deep against these teams and hit on the break, accept a 2 nil defeat if it happened, however the football genius that is Rodgers decides to try and go toe to toe with these teams and gets a new arsed ripped for him and his team. You'd think after the first hammering he'd maybe learn something, but no still the same wide open game plan. Two victories all season and both against teams who did learn and returned in the second fixture and wiped the floor with them. Rodgers should be laughed out of town. Instead the media pander to him and give him a platform to spout his pish and consistently talk down our game...can't wait for the joker to get sent packing so I dont have to listen to him anymore.

8 hours ago, bigcoll said:

If you took the Satire, even with 'Glasgow Celtic' across it, into the jungle or whatever they call it, what would be the consequences? 

Witty retorts back? 

Tynecastlesmychurch
20 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

He better hope the board's not bored or he might be told to :bolt:.

Haha please forgive my poor grammar and spelling! 

44 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Forget all the big fish small fish stuff, their results are an utter embarrassment. Any other smaller team would've tried to defend deep against these teams and hit on the break, accept a 2 nil defeat if it happened, however the football genius that is Rodgers decides to try and go toe to toe with these teams and gets a new arsed ripped for him and his team. You'd think after the first hammering he'd maybe learn something, but no still the same wide open game plan. Two victories all season and both against teams who did learn and returned in the second fixture and wiped the floor with them. Rodgers should be laughed out of town. Instead the media pander to him and give him a platform to spout his pish and consistently talk down our game...can't wait for the joker to get sent packing so I dont have to listen to him anymore.

If that had been Ronny Deila he would have been totally slaughtered  

48 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Indeed. Rogers can't help himself. It's not indicative of a well-rounded football manager. Easy to play against if you have enough quality in your team.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Spot on.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Haha please forgive my poor grammar and spelling! 

Nothing to forgive. ☺

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. Rogers can't help himself. It's not indicative of a well-rounded football manager. Easy to play against if you have enough quality in your team.

Not just Delia....any other manager but for some reason  they treat Rodgers differently. Guy was a laughing stock in England after he bottled with Liverpool..coincidentally with the same thoughtless approach. Then we have our own manager who gets panned for trying to be defensively sound and win games....a plan that put Rodgers team to shame at Tynie. Rodgers will blow this league I'm sure of it.

chester copperpot
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

That is a fabulous post and a very knowledgeable football one

Getting found out a bit this season & coupled with that they believed all the hype about the invincible nonsense, its pleasing to see ! I really was hoping they would have been pushed harder by Aberdeen this season ( no way we were going to push them at the top this season).  Hopefully next season, their grip on the premiership will be over, as Hearts become the dominant force after a fantastic summer transfer window ( OK I can dream). Aberdeen seem to have reached  the summit of their progress , which IMO was made to look better than it was, due to status of Hearts & Rangers over the last couple of years.

Archived