Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't think of many ball playing centre backs who can defend, are composed & comfortable coming out with the ball, dribbling up field and have as good a range of passing as Souttar for under 10million. 

Celtic paid 1million plus for Hendry, Aberdeen value McKenna at 1.5million plus and Liam Lindsay is valued at 6million. Souttar is a much more rounded player than all of them and crucially, more experienced.

He will still improve a lot, sometimes gets too tight to his man and gives away daft fouls, needs to be even more attacking imo, get forward and have a dig more often, still needs tested at International level but he's pretty damn good for a young guy. 

It will be an absolute travesty if he isn't capped before the start of next season. 

As for Callum Paterson, targetman striker for me, either wide targetman or playing behind or alongside Griffiths. He's mobile, powerful, great in the air, can score volleys, headers, from distance, his attributes are massively wasted at Right back and only succeeded there when he was with us because he was physically superior. Of course he's always handy defending set pieces but that is the only time he should be defending. 

i wish jj was my dad

He's come on leaps and bounds this season. A combination of benefitting from working with the best centre half in the country, a fantastic coach and a great personal determination to improve himself. 

Another season at this rate of progression and he could well be on his way to a big, big move.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Considering who we play at the weekend, it's a wonder there isn't a story in one of the shitty red tops about Sevco wanting him.

joondalupjambo
8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Has more than a touch of the levein's about him.

Yes he has to an extent but not a patch on CL in my view, sorry.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Can't think of many ball playing centre backs who can defend, are composed & comfortable coming out with the ball, dribbling up field and have as good a range of passing as Souttar for under 10million. 

Celtic paid 1million plus for Hendry, Aberdeen value McKenna at 1.5million plus and Liam Lindsay is valued at 6million. Souttar is a much more rounded player than all of them and crucially, more experienced.

He will still improve a lot, sometimes gets too tight to his man and gives away daft fouls, needs to be even more attacking imo, get forward and have a dig more often, still needs tested at International level but he's pretty damn good for a young guy. 

It will be an absolute travesty if he isn't capped before the start of next season. 

As for Callum Paterson, targetman striker for me, either wide targetman or playing behind or alongside Griffiths. He's mobile, powerful, great in the air, can score volleys, headers, from distance, his attributes are massively wasted at Right back and only succeeded there when he was with us because he was physically superior. Of course he's always handy defending set pieces but that is the only time he should be defending. 

On callum pee, I reckon with most teams playing a 3 upfront, Id like to see CP on the right of that. An attacking wide target man. Just unleash um physically. Could score, could assist probably majority of games, but if he didn't you can be sure he'll cause all teams some trouble. Caused man city problems behind the striker but more on the right for me letting him swing right legs and run onto cross. 

P.s I love Souttar 

The Future's Maroon
36 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Considering who we play at the weekend, it's a wonder there isn't a story in one of the shitty red tops about Sevco wanting him.

Where would they find even an eighth of what he is worth!

Probably not stop the media making up a story about mega rich Ra People!

Ricardo Shillyshally
4 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Where would they find even an eighth of what he is worth!

Probably not stop the media making up a story about mega rich Ra People!

They are selling Morelos for 10m lol.

Thing wae soapy if he signed for either weegie teams tomorrow you know he would be straight in Scotland team!!

Another season minimum with us then maybe big money move

Archived