Gaffer looking for out of contract midfielder

Clerry Jambo

15 minutes ago, Ryder said:

The online equivalent of someone running a current through your baws.

Insightful as ever eh pal 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Howdy Doody Jambo
7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Give me a break man - Amankwaa has been taken out of first team squad for a 2 week intensive fitness program!! 

He is very evidently unfit! 

Realistically it will take him 6/7, 90 minute games to get match fit to see what he is all about, he can train all he likes but it is only games that will get him fit Players risk picking up knocks if they are not match fit 

The club should arrange some friendly games for him and other trialists 

1 minute ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Realistically it will take him 6/7, 90 minute games to get match fit to see what he is all about, he can train all he likes but it is only games that will get him fit Players risk picking up knocks if they are not match fit 

The club should arrange some friendly games for him and other trialists 

Aye. Probably next year though before he is seen to full effect. FC Copenhagen are a decent side and IIRC he has played Champions league

I'm hopeful he will turn out to be a more effective player than Walker 

Howdy Doody Jambo
6 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Aye. Probably next year though before he is seen to full effect. FC Copenhagen are a decent side and IIRC he has played Champions league

I'm hopeful he will turn out to be a more effective player than Walker 

Yeah I think so, he's no mug and has played at the highest level, given a good pre season we could have a diamond 

Mr Brightside

Just thinking back to when we signed Perry Kitchen. There might be an opportunity to sign someone who’s MLS contract has expired and they could be match fit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 hours ago, Spencer said:

Forgive me, I was dealing with some of the mundane matters that day to day life presents. However I'm highly cognisant the JKB attack dogs are circling and thirsting for blood, be assured therefore that you have my full undiluted attention 

You wanted my thoughts on January recruitment:-

Mitchell - very good player.  Given us proper balance after goodness knows how many cluster****s in that area. Replacing him in the summer is a major ask 

Adao - Looks the part. Combative in style yet still understandably searching for fitness. Just part of a midfield that needs completely reshaped imo. Whether he is still here come next season is debatable 

Amankwaa - seen very little. Clearly unfit and therefore until such time as he reaches required level of fitness to be deemed available for selection it would be impossible to comment.  Probably won't be seen to any meaningful extent until next season. If he is as quick as he is said to be he will shine in our squad which is horribly devoid of pace 

Naismith - The genuine article.  A proper football player. However...... if he only plays say 10 games has it been a worthwhile transaction, one in which will not have been without financial outlay. If there is a chance we can manage to retain him then it changes the complexion somewhat. Levein understandably wanted him in for Hibs cup tie as that was a must win game. Levein knew that and thankfully delivered.  

Any comparison I have made with Hibs was in context given their our neighbours and rivals. To trail them at this stage by 9 points given they are promoted is worrying. Clearly not a worry shared by all on here - I get that. All about opinions.

We have managed to sit where we do having done so through a peerless defensive record in our history. This has been necessary as we need clean sheets due to the lack of goals scored - 3rd lowest in the league. We are also where we are with arguably the best central defensive pairing in the league, best keeper and Lafferty is IIRC the 3rd highest scorer in the league. Take Mitchell and McLaughlin out of that side and there are two big gaps to fill before we address a lack of creativity and pace.

The emergence of some fine young players is a real positive. I do worry they might have been introduced before their readiness due to a real lack of depth of experienced players 

The level of squad overhaul required this summer once again means that we could see yet further indifference next year again. I'm not sure that is really where we ought to be in our 4th season back in the top flight but it is what it is 

I appreciate that you and countless others will wholeheartedly disagree with my thoughts. All about opinions I guess 

So sorry I have taken so long to respond, since sleep and working commitments, let alone family life have got in the way.

Not at all disagreeing, this is a far more balanced post and one that you should read back to understand things are significantly better than the general aura of your writing style purports.

Bridge of Djoum
On 2/22/2018 at 03:28, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Lewis McGugan was always decent on Champ Man. 

Am I doing this right?

What’s the situation with Mark Kerr and Cherno Samba?

Archived