Gaffer looking for out of contract midfielder

Clerry Jambo

17 minutes ago, Finny1981 said:

Based on that Youtube he would seem to be a tremendous signing but there is no way he could hit the ground running, given his recent history.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Portable Badger

Has Craig not signed a midfielder yet?

What's he been doing all morning?????:mellow: 

It's been bad enough hanging on to see if Guessan's getting another game  :happy:

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I'm trying to figure out what it is that has sent Spencer spiralling into full meltdown mode. Was it our draw at Ross County? Or Scott Robinson scoring for Livingston at the weekend? 

:levein_interesting:

Default mode.

Still harping on about the past. 

Tiresome.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Oshinawa still a free agent. 

Staggered by that. 

3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Malaury Martin obviously well out of the picture.

The day is surely nigh when players in their position announce they're transitioning to a woman in an attempt to get regular first team football.

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Still only 1 defeat in 16 games despite all the bad luck and indeed we only ever trailed in those 16 games at Parkhead. Somebody knows what he is doing

:verysmug:

Smug about sitting 5th with Killie on our tail and top 4 well above us 

OK then :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

The day is surely nigh when players in their position announce they're transitioning to a woman in an attempt to get regular first team football.

I8 can help them on their way with some funny suggestions for female names.

Sometimes you can pick up a player considered too old for a longer contract but who has loads of (sometimes very decent level in England) experience. 

3 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

We were tricked, no way he's a real player.

He wouldn't get a game at my fives.

Always just makes me think of George Weahs cousin ?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Djoum gets injured then Craig looks to get in some cover. Surely has to be a positive thing. ??‍♂️

Well, aye... unless you’ve been sitting about the house in a pure rage waiting for something to whine about for the last couple of months...

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I wouldn't say we were tricked. He's had 17 caps for Nigeria. 

He's just not very good.

We were duped.

I fail to believe he's a player.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Smug about sitting 5th with Killie on our tail and top 4 well above us 

OK then :thumbsup:

Considering the immense hurdles to overcome, and the Killie who you disrespect so often have recorded positive results with regularity against some of the better sides, I take your comments and disregard them on this occasion.

Go and take a look at what Kilmarnock have done, that should not detract from what we have done, other teams too are allowed to succeed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Like the Australian punter. Think he was a rugby league player, became a she, and is now looking to play Aussie rules? Disclaimer: Might not be 100% factually correct, got sent a text the other week from my Aussie mate who was in despair

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

That was a name that caught my eye

When I googled him he's been out with cruciate injuries.

Not sure if he has recovered from them but even if fully fit he looks like a massive gamble

Ah I hadn't seen the injury. However, we should let him train and use our facilities. See how he shows up until summer. Only 30, terrific experience abd might be after a huge amount. Would be an upgrade on callaghan, prince and cowie. 

3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Kieran Richardson is without a club. Still only 33 years old. Think he’d still be good enough for the SPFL.

Indeed. Would be a great short term signing 

52 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Considering the immense hurdles to overcome, and the Killie who you disrespect so often have recorded positive results with regularity against some of the better sides, I take your comments and disregard them on this occasion.

Go and take a look at what Kilmarnock have done, that should not detract from what we have done, other teams too are allowed to succeed.

We are succeeding big time 

Heady heights of 5th and only 9 points off 4th 

3 hours ago, MrB1to4 said:

We should bring mark davies for a trial. Could be type we're needing. 

A match fit and injury free Mark Davies would still be playing lower EPL or championship. Unfortunately he has been neither for last 18 months or so. 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Are you a Hibs fan?

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Djoum gets injured then Craig looks to get in some cover. Surely has to be a positive thing. ??‍♂️

Not if your Spencer. Just another golden opportunity to have a go at the clubs signing record. Talking about records the complaints about signings made in the past sounds just like broken old  records. Recent  signings, Berra, Lafferty, Naismith, Adao, McLoughlin, Mitchell  all look value for money. 

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Are you a Hibs fan?

I love on this place how any suggestion that things could be improved gets sideswept with Hibs infiltrator inferences 

Like I said - all is great. Minor changes in summer and we are ready to mount serious challenge 

3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I love on this place how any suggestion that things could be improved gets sideswept with Hibs infiltrator inferences 

Like I said - all is great. Minor changes in summer and we are ready to mount serious challenge 

Genuine question. You just seem to think everything they do is marvellous, whilst desperate to lay in to Hearts for often **** all.

9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Paul Paton would make the most sense short-term.

Not the most glamorous of signings but would definitely do a job for 4 months or so. Probably be cheap too.

15 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You did not answer the question he asked which was

Are you a Hibs fan?

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not the most glamorous of signings but would definitely do a job for 4 months or so. Probably be cheap too.

Not really imo. We need a creative midfield player not a clogger. Paton would get yellow/red nearly every week in a maroon jersey. 

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Paul Paton would make the most sense short-term.

I wouldn't take Paton,  he isn't a player with Djoum drive and energy (yes some weeks, not all) but ideally you want a similar player to Djoum

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I wouldn't take Paton,  he isn't a player with Djoum drive and energy (yes some weeks, not all) but ideally you want a similar player to Djoum

I'm not really sure what Djoums role is tbh. It seems to be been diluted from an out and out attacking midfielder to more defensive minded. I don't think we saw the best of Djoum since that happened and maybe we need to go for one or the other. Either an attacking mid who can compete with Cochrane, Naismith and McDonald or a defensive mid that can compete with Adao and possible Cowie (we're really light here). 

I think 'complete' midfielders who can do both effectively are outside our price bracket.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We are improving all the time.

I see you are a person who fails to be able to look beyond black and white. Or you just like to play the miserable ogre.

I really do sympathise for your plight.

26 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not really sure what Djoums role is tbh. It seems to be been diluted from an out and out attacking midfielder to more defensive minded. I don't think we saw the best of Djoum since that happened and maybe we need to go for one or the other. Either an attacking mid who can compete with Cochrane, Naismith and McDonald or a defensive mid that can compete with Adao and possible Cowie (we're really light here). 

I think 'complete' midfielders who can do both effectively are outside our price bracket.

He was being asked to do more defensive stuff before Adao cane in. 

kieran richardson, ex man u and Sunderland player is out of contract seems to have lost his way a bit. 

31 so should still have ability and if has kept himself in shape could make a good addition. 

rudi must stay
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

kieran richardson, ex man u and Sunderland player is out of contract seems to have lost his way a bit. 

31 so should still have ability and if has kept himself in shape could make a good addition. 

Very meh player. Big wages too, wouldn't take him

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Was he not on trial at Hibs ore-season, on January?

Just now, Ryder said:

Was he not on trial at Hibs ore-season, on January?

was that not Pennant ?  

1 minute ago, gorgieheart said:

was that not Pennant ?  

Could be... How racist am I? :rofl:

Im sure they had some ex EPL boy who was good in the early 2000s on trial. Guy with big hair.

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Could be... How racist am I? :rofl:

Im sure they had some ex EPL boy who was good in the early 2000s on trial. Guy with big hair.

Jason Lee...  he has a Pineapple on his... supposedly !

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You did not answer the question he asked which was

Are you a Hibs fan?

Happy to PM you with seat details. I've sat in same seat in section D since it was built in 94 

Trust that clarifies 

There's players out there, and very decent players too.  Look at Mulumbu at Killie for example, that signing has turned their fortunes around, some fresh blood into team is always good to give a lift.

53 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We are improving all the time.

I see you are a person who fails to be able to look beyond black and white. Or you just like to play the miserable ogre.

I really do sympathise for your plight.

OK.  Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Happy to PM you with seat details. I've sat in same seat in section D since it was built in 94 

Trust that clarifies 

Cheers, do that if you want to me. :thumbsup:

You do prefer Hibs to Hearts though... certainly when it comes to your ‘content’ on here. 

20 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Trust that clarifies 

Just answer yes or no

Are you a Hibs fan?

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

Absolutely, this team are really ripping up the record books. At this rate we could possibly, maybe even get 3rd place in the league by say 2025/26 season.

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Ideally yes but we're really not dealing in ideals just now.

Paton would be a reasonable squad player, who'll be fairly match fit and won't break the bank.

I wouldn't be anywhere near him as a summer signing but he'd do for now.

As for Keiran Richardson, he's a winger/wing back who's filled in at CM...we've had enough square pegs over the last few seasons.

Archived