Mexican green chile in Edinburgh?

Justin Z

Any idea where I can find some of this? Even canned I would be 1,000% okay with, as well as green enchilada sauce. Basically whatever I can find, any help much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Any idea where I can find some of this? Even canned I would be 1,000% okay with, as well as green enchilada sauce. Basically whatever I can find, any help much appreciated.

Lupe pintos at tollcross your best bet mate. 

6 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Lupe pintos at tollcross your best bet mate. 

Cheers, that is pretty convenient to get to, too.

I love Edinburgh--and Scotland generally--as I've said many times. The lack of actual Mexican food kills me though, I always binge when I visit my family in Arizona. :lol:

Just now, Barack said:

Still hasn’t got the hint.

:cornette:

:clyay:

I'm just doing my best to rise above the fray. Mr. Prez. :wink:

5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Cheers, that is pretty convenient to get to, too.

I love Edinburgh--and Scotland generally--as I've said many times. The lack of actual Mexican food kills me though, I always binge when I visit my family in Arizona. :lol:

Chilli Heatwave Doritos, the real taste of Mexico are widely available in this country !!

Just now, Paul Shark said:

Chilli Heatwave Doritos, the real taste of Mexico are widely available in this country !!

:rofl: I'm still laughing at this!

You can even get a train through to Glasgow for some Taco Bell now, and rumour has it one is coming to Edinburgh! The wonders of the modern world.

1 minute ago, Macros said:

Like the fact this thread is labelled hot but there's a shed load of reasons for it not being here.

True. I have no idea how I managed to put this in the Terrace :lol:

Lupe's is your answer pal.  I usually go there, buy a few things [daft sauces and some top freshly made burritos] and walk home via Bennett's, The Golf, Montpeliers, Merlin, [no Canny's], Wee Bennetts, Hermy, Waiting Romm.. etc ..etc ..  what was the question again? :(

There, that's better in the Shed. Heh, sorry about that.

4 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm confused. You cannae move for burritos and Mexican street food places these days. 

It's true, but I can't stress strongly enough how badly they miss the mark. It's just nowhere near close to the same as what's on offer in the southwest US.

8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

There, that's better in the Shed. Heh, sorry about that.

It's true, but I can't stress strongly enough how badly they miss the mark. It's just nowhere near close to the same as what's on offer in the southwest US.

It can be a bit tricky getting served, Mexicans in Cali seem to have a problem with the Scottish accent. I remember stopping at a real proper working mans type Mexican cafe in San Diego and trying to buy a beef burrito. The guy couldn't work out what I wanted, in the end I told my wife to get ready to run in case my next idea went wrong. So I ordered it in my best spaghetti western bandit Mexican accent and he understood the order 1st time!! 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It can be a bit tricky getting served, Mexicans in Cali seem to have a problem with the Scottish accent. I remember stopping at a real proper working mans type Mexican cafe in San Diego and trying to buy a beef burrito. The guy couldn't work out what I wanted, in the end I told my wife to get ready to run in case my next idea went wrong. So I ordered it in my best spaghetti western bandit Mexican accent and he understood the order 1st time!! 

Hah that's brilliant! Bet the burrito was fantastic as well.

5 hours ago, pablo said:

I'm confused. You cannae move for burritos and Mexican street food places these days. 

As said, most of them are shite compared to what you get in the US (or in some cases, decent but more like actual Mexican food, rather than the Tex-Mex you get in the US). 

8 hours ago, Peebo said:

As said, most of them are shite compared to what you get in the US (or in some cases, decent but more like actual Mexican food, rather than the Tex-Mex you get in the US). 

Plus, important to note that Tex-Mex New Mexican Arizona/California Mexican. Serious business, you understand. :wink:

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Plus, important to note that Tex-Mex New Mexican Arizona/California Mexican. Serious business, you understand. :wink:

And complicated...   :(

21 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I know you asked for Edinburgh but try Trader Joes by mail order for these hot beauties.

EEE0E18F-EE63-489E-B22B-CE0C4BC5DCAE.jpeg

125102CD-DD43-43C8-8CB7-3B83F23281F8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Old El Paso not up to standard then?

Danny Trejo you lying *******. :(

Haha Old El Paso gets made fun of even in the US for being total Gringo Mexican food. Had a laugh when I saw that it was basically the one brand available here.

On 2/22/2018 at 09:24, Justin Z said:

I didn't realise Spanish is SO widely spoken in Arizona, even the non Hispanics spoke it commonly.  As for the food , Oakhurst CA, on a trip to Yosemite. In a family run Mexican place , it was the best Mexican food I've ever had. British attempts at Mexican restaurants are terrible. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Been craving a Chipotle for about 4 years now :rofl: 

Unreal.

My goodness that's a long gestation period! :ninja:

J.T.F.Robertson

Supposed to be going to Ixtapa in late April and will happily pick some up for you. Pay my fare back to Scotland, we can meet up and I'll sort you out with the goods. Fair exchange being no robbery. :thumbsup:

27 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Supposed to be going to Ixtapa in late April and will happily pick some up for you. Pay my fare back to Scotland, we can meet up and I'll sort you out with the goods. Fair exchange being no robbery. :thumbsup:

Justin is like :bolt:and :getout:

Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You think? :(

Probably.

But it was worth a try on your part :robbo:

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

Justin is like :bolt:and :getout:

And someone is desperate to use the new emoticons (or whatever they're called this week) in every post! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And someone is desperate to use the new emoticons (or whatever they're called this week) in every post! :laugh:

:robbo:

20 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

:unsure2:

Archived