Attendances this season

Gorgiewave

All Out Attack
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dunfermline and Falkirk have done well

Top 12 are city centre or traditional grounds

The is a distinct possibility Livi could come up. It may not help the overall league attendances much, but it is brilliant for getting to. The support we took there a few years ago was incredible. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• All Out Attack

• i wish jj was my dad

• Spencer

17 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

The is a distinct possibility Livi could come up. It may not help the overall league attendances much, but it is brilliant for getting to. The support we took there a few years ago was incredible. 

That would be incredible. League One to the Premiership in one season. 

Edited by Rudolf

17 hours ago, Spencer said:

The only clown spouting such spurious shite is you 

Surely every Hearts fan wanted the gubbed this year like everytime we play them? Do you know different?

For the avoidance of doubt - and I know you have difficulties on this front, I wanted Rangers to bust them in 2016. Hibs beat everytime for me - no exceptions 

Now repeat that back to me so I know you understand 

Me to ALWAYS

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

As a manger at that time he was fine, but we weren't the most exciting team to watch. 

Levein himself bailed out when he saw what was coming but he got a good move for himself to Leicester. 

For excitement I loved the 5-1, Stampy and happy graham weir games against the shite. Some decent European performances too while said shite were bobbing around portobello with Boaby and Suazee. 

28 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

For excitement I loved the 5-1, Stampy and happy graham weir games against the shite. Some decent European performances too while said shite were bobbing around portobello with Boaby and Suazee. 

He’s a ****ing Hibby ffs.

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Ryder said:

He’s a ****ing Hibby ffs.

Well I never. I for one am truly shocked at this revelation. And here was me thinking this creepy obsession with criticising all things Hearts was just the act of a concerned PHM. At least that's what we get told on here.

10 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Yes, and adult Hibs fans are buying up the cheap seats allocated for kids so it's not really doing what it was meant to achieve.

Pound to a penny it's a ploy to generate a full ground, they take the hit and then bring in better checks for next season so those who got a freebie this time can't again - and then hope they renew.

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Pound to a penny it's a ploy to generate a full ground, they take the hit and then bring in better checks for next season so those who got a freebie this time can't again - and then hope they renew.

Probably. Although the guy I used to work with who used to buy a kids season ticket every year, never bought an adult ticket in the six years I knew him.

Pasquale for King
On 21/02/2018 at 20:50, All Out Attack said:

I think if you take away the inflated away fan figures from Murrayfield is pretty close between ourselves and Hibs. Our home figures were also inflated due to some of the deals we had on during that spell. 

I don't think anyone can deny that Hibs have had a good a season and have kicked on, playing attacking football. The bottom line is goals and wins keep crowds coming back. Hibs will hit a slump sometime, so we'll see what happens to their crowds then. 

Our own season ticket sales next season are going to be intesting as we won't have the uniqness of the new stand as a draw. I think we may need a cup win or some genuinely exciting signings this time, to maintain our upward attendance trajectory. 

Definitely, they have fallen in love with their club again after winning the cup and the Championship. We will need to start playing more entertaining football and win more games to attract the fans that aren’t attending and new ones. There are so many season ticket holders around us in Section N that either don’t come or have moved, maybe my fault. 

On 21/02/2018 at 19:00, neiljb said:

St Johnstone are the real enigma.

What about Ross County?!

Population of Dingwall 5491

Average Ross Co attendance 4657 ?!

On 21/02/2018 at 21:24, All Out Attack said:

I thought it might be interesting to look at attendances the last  time Craig Levein was in charge, back between 2000-2004. 

1997-98 22 16642

1998-99 22 13966

1999-00 19 14115

2000-01 24 12346

2001-02 21 11974

2002-03 20 11758

2003-04 24 12219

2004-05 26 13030

2005-06 23 18155

2006-07 22 18604

2007-08 21 15566

Craig Levein was in charge between December 2000 and October 2004, so you have highlighted the wrong seasons when it comes to 'his' season ticket sales. 

01-02 - 11974

02-03 - 11758

03-04 - 12219

04-05 - 13030

So barring a slight dip of 216 in his 2nd season, he actually increased season ticket sales year on year as manager.

As has also been pointed out, we were top scorers outside the Old Firm, unbeaten at Tynie against all but the Old Firm, qualified for Europe 2 seasons in a row (getting to the group stage of the UEFA Cup) and he repeatedly bent it up the Leith scum. 

All this while having his budget cut every season by the Pieman. 

How this vermin piece of shit is still free to spout such pish on our forum is an absolute mystery to me. 

On 21/02/2018 at 21:24, All Out Attack said:

I thought it might be interesting to look at attendances the last  time Craig Levein was in charge, back between 2000-2004. 

1997-98 22 16642

1998-99 22 13966

1999-00 19 14115

2000-01 24 12346

2001-02 21 11974

2002-03 20 11758

2003-04 24 12219

2004-05 26 13030

2005-06 23 18155

2006-07 22 18604

2007-08 21 15566

Craig Levein was in charge between December 2000 and October 2004, so you have highlighted the wrong seasons when it comes to 'his' season ticket sales. 

01-02 - 11974

02-03 - 11758

03-04 - 12219

04-05 - 13030

So barring a slight dip of 216 in his 2nd season, he actually increased season ticket sales year on year as manager.

As has also been pointed out, we were top scorers outside the Old Firm, unbeaten at Tynie against all but the Old Firm, qualified for Europe 2 seasons in a row (getting to the group stage of the UEFA Cup) and he repeatedly bent it up the Leith scum. 

How this vermin piece of shit is still free to spout such pish on our forum is an absolute mystery to me. 

And as for the pish that 'we can't count Murrayfield cos it skews the figures' - sounds like the same kind of nonsense that we couldn't count our 10-0 against Cowdenbeath in our record breaking Championship season because it 'wasn't normal'! What a pile of utter nonsense!!

michael_bolton

I find it incredible that anybody could question whether Levein did a good job first time around as Hearts manager. As others have pointed out, the club was a shambles. Protests, the prospect of moving, budget cut every year. Also, he inherited a side from JJ that had basically chucked it. Turning it around to make us clearly a step above the rest two seasons running was great.

And we weren't nearly as bad to watch as is often made out. I attended the vast majority of games in his first spell and there were lots of top moments. Only downside was our poor cup record. 4-0 at Falkirk being a real low when we should have had a good pop at the cup that year, also the League Cup semi when we lost 1-0 to Rangers without really showing up.

Overall, very good though. And those of us who remember that and are not drama queens were always confident he'd do well this time too.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, andyscott82 said:

01-02 - 11974

02-03 - 11758

03-04 - 12219

04-05 - 13030

As has also been pointed out, we were top scorers outside the Old Firm, unbeaten at Tynie against all but the Old Firm, qualified for Europe 2 seasons in a row (getting to the group stage of the UEFA Cup) and he repeatedly bent it up the Leith scum

Which is the reason for the all out attack on our gaffer.  They don't just hate him.  They are terrified of him.

Edited by i wish jj was my dad

41 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Which is the reason for the all out attack on our gaffer.  They don't just hate him.  They are terrified of him.

Correct, time for another clean up on this site, or I suppose we can just keep him as yet another pet hobo 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
16 hours ago, Rudolf said:

That would be incredible. League One to the Premiership in one season. 

Livingston are 2nd in the Chanpionship.

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think they feel they will be okay as long as Lennon is there as he clearly knows what he is doing, and he can call on his celtic chums if he needs a player. He is certainly no Calderwood or Fenlon or Butcher or etcetc

When he goes,I’m not so sure. I wonder if Strachan will be tempted. 

21 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Nice

I think you will find that when you reach your 50's, whatever the dross that's gets spouted on Hibs.net, is really not that important. There is enough on here for me to deal with. 

What’s your take on the “previous Levein era”? Before getting dragged down by the whole Pie man and eventual takeover stuff we finished 3rd twice in a row which is rare, firmly established ourselves as “best of the rest” and had a groundbreaking european run. Pretty decent, no?

All Out Attack
2 hours ago, socrates82 said:

What’s your take on the “previous Levein era”? Before getting dragged down by the whole Pie man and eventual takeover stuff we finished 3rd twice in a row which is rare, firmly established ourselves as “best of the rest” and had a groundbreaking european run. Pretty decent, no?

Following the Jeffries era and the monumental cup win was never going to be easy and the constant money issues were clearly dragging the club down, but we were clearly a force to be reckoned with. 

His teams were always big, solid and difficult to beat and at Tynecastle, few teams got the better of us. 

Away from home was one of my bugbears and the safety first policy was pretty dull to say the least. Up at Dingwall last weekend I had a distinct feeling of dejavu, which I highlighted here.  Glasgow was a problem for us back then, although both arse cheeks were formidable teams then. 

I remember being disappointed when he left, although you could not blame him to be honest. 

He was always one of my favourite players, although Dens does seem a bit murky still. 

20 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Following the Jeffries era and the monumental cup win was never going to be easy and the constant money issues were clearly dragging the club down, but we were clearly a force to be reckoned with. 

His teams were always big, solid and difficult to beat and at Tynecastle, few teams got the better of us. 

Away from home was one of my bugbears and the safety first policy was pretty dull to say the least. Up at Dingwall last weekend I had a distinct feeling of dejavu, which I highlighted here.  Glasgow was a problem for us back then, although both arse cheeks were formidable teams then. 

I remember being disappointed when he left, although you could not blame him to be honest. 

He was always one of my favourite players, although Dens does seem a bit murky still. 

Does it, aye? Bit murky.

27 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

It's like Hibs fan pretending to be a Hearts fan bingo! Dens, big, solid, dull... all in reference to one of our most consistent periods in recent memory, even if we didn't get a trophy during it.

Some cracking players - Ricardo Fuller for one doesn't exactly fit the dull, solid profile. Some great results home and away. Lots of goals.

I think we all know why Hibs fans can't stand Levein and it's not because of big, solid teams and dull football... his record against you/them as a player and manager is incredible.

5 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I think we all know why Hibs fans can't stand Levein and it's not because of big, solid teams and dull football... his record against you/them as a player and manager is incredible.

I couldn’t understand the seethe and headlines Leveins ‘natural order’ comment created.

For Craig Levein, Hearts beating them IS the natural order. No bluster, no bravado, no bullshit. Just fact.

Craig Levein has very very rarely lost to Hibs as player or manager.

On 21/02/2018 at 19:31, martoon said:

You can't "take Murrayfield away". We played there, got the att's, end of story. The posts of tears and rage about averages are typical of the loons on Hibs.nut; didn't expect to read one on JKB. 

Tbh though he’s got a point. It’s hard to read into ‘our’ crowds when you consider that in those 2 matches, the opposition both were given roughly 4x their usual allocation.

...a bit disco

Some individuals allegiances are coming across as 'a bit murky' on this thread, that's for sure.

We all know the attendance gap between the top two and 3, 4 and, 5 is large but, the gap between 3-5 and 6 downwards is quite large too.

All Out Attack
25 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

It's like Hibs fan pretending to be a Hearts fan bingo! Dens, big, solid, dull... all in reference to one of our most consistent periods in recent memory, even if we didn't get a trophy during it.

Some cracking players - Ricardo Fuller for one doesn't exactly fit the dull, solid profile. Some great results home and away. Lots of goals.

I thought you were better than this... 

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, All Out Attack said:

Big, solid. 

Lazy media sh*te.

i wish jj was my dad
36 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I thought you were better than this... 

Can't see much wrong with what he said.  

Would you like discuss Craig's absolutely fantastic record against H15s?  I can't think of one sister fister in living memory with a record that stands up to the gaffer's over such a prolonged period as player and manager.  If you can think of any I'm happy to debate the merits of your argument.

And by the way, FTH!

1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

Just waiting on ‘how many medals did he win’ for a full house...

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

At the time two 3rd place finishes in sucessive seasons under Craig Levein was highly unusual and a notable feat. 

Indeed. As were our European results.

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Just waiting on ‘how many medals did he win’ for a full house...

In comparison to Neil Lennon.

9 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

In comparison to Neil Lennon.

Yep. Then we can move on to ‘inferior steel’ and ‘robbing charities’ to end the game on a different and fresh sound.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yep. Then we can move on to ‘inferior steel’ and ‘robbing charities’ to end the game on a different and fresh sound.

There might be a way to tie in Levein's place on the board with the delay in the seat for the stand arriving.

2 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Explain. 

13 hours ago, Highways and Byways said:

I couldn’t understand the seethe and headlines Leveins ‘natural order’ comment created.

For Craig Levein, Hearts beating them IS the natural order. No bluster, no bravado, no bullshit. Just fact.

Craig Levein has very very rarely lost to Hibs as player or manager.

A lot of hibs fans are deluded though  they actually think they are bigger than us.

• 2 months later...

It wasnt that long ago that Hibs were getting gates of 8000. Winning The Scottish Cup has obviously brought fans back to Easter Road and they have had a decent season for their standards.

What amazes me is the loyalty of our fans. We have had a crap season yet we have still sold 11-12 thousand season tickets and counting.

Its very obvious though that both clubs anounce the attendance on tickets sold rather than people inside the stadium.

Jambo, Goodbye
 Inside The SPFL Retweeted
PeG_3vL-_bigger.jpgInside The SPFL @AgentScotland 13h13 hours ago
More
#SPFL 2017-18

Hibs highest average att: since 57-58

Hearts highest average att: since 60-61

Aberdeen's highest average att: since 84-85

Celtic's highest average att: since 08-09

Motherwell & Kilmarnock's highest average att: since 11-12

The Rangers highest average att: ever

As I said on a previous thread.

Fans of non OF teams especially Hearts,Hibs and Aberdeen are due enormous credit for turning out in such healthy numbers.

Imagine what could be achieved if we had decent investment coming into our game thus opening the door to a league that more than one team can win.

24 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

It wasnt that long ago that Hibs were getting gates of 8000. Winning The Scottish Cup has obviously brought fans back to Easter Road and they have had a decent season for their standards.

What amazes me is the loyalty of our fans. We have had a crap season yet we have still sold 11-12 thousand season tickets and counting.

Its very obvious though that both clubs anounce the attendance on tickets sold rather than people inside the stadium.

and tickets given away or sold a vastly reduced prices as in the case of Hibs.

On 2/21/2018 at 18:57, Jenks said:

How do Aberdeen continue to be able to pay more with these figures?

Other sources of income which is what we are aspiring to emulate now we have the new stand and better hospitlity options.