Attendances this season

Gorgiewave

No-one has mentioned the 2 occasions in our history when we have played them at Hampden.  Both entitled to a 50:50 split and we hammered them both on and off the park in 2006 and 2012. They have never beaten us at Hampden and won't be doing so this season either.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• All Out Attack

• i wish jj was my dad

• Spencer

11 hours ago, martoon said:

You can't "take Murrayfield away". We played there, got the att's, end of story. The posts of tears and rage about averages are typical of the loons on Hibs.nut; didn't expect to read one on JKB. 

Sadly that’s how it goes nowadays. Agree with you completely.

A_A wehatethehibs

The hibs do have a good side at the minute tbf, which is why folk are interested, their midfield is really good. I mainly say that as ours is absolutely shocking - probably part of the reason fans aren’t that bothered about Hearts this season, we just don’t have a strong enough team and hibs are well clear of us. The cathro effect really had a huge impact and you feel we’ve still never really got going. Thankfully at least we’re hard to beat now, that’s something to go on. Not going to attract fans with that though. All about the cup for us now

Great irony that one of the best ever hibs sides can’t overtake Hearts for attendence s because we had the big murrayfield crowds ?

10 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

So why didn't we do that

Why should we have done?

Our u-12 season tickets are already fantastic value at £50. That's less than  £3 per game. If h1b5 want to practically give them away, they can get on with it. 

34 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Not two seasons ago, we were getting double their numbers. 

:naturalorder:

Yes. Then we capitulated against them in the Scottish cup and the rest is history 

12 hours ago, Jenks said:

How do Aberdeen continue to be able to pay more with these figures?

I know, they used to be a big team, not now, great away support but toil to get folk at home.

The Hibernian myth that their crowds are bigger than us, again delusion involved.

Hibs count the free tickets they give away to kids at every game regardless if they are used or not.

I post this a few times but recently some of their games have been on ALBA and the gaps are very noticeable but they announced a sizeable attendance.

At it. 

jack D and coke

9 hours ago, Spencer said:

The only clown spouting such spurious shite is you 

Surely every Hearts fan wanted the gubbed this year like everytime we play them? Do you know different?

For the avoidance of doubt - and I know you have difficulties on this front, I wanted Rangers to bust them in 2016. Hibs beat everytime for me - no exceptions 

Now repeat that back to me so I know you understand 

The fact every hearts fan on the planet didn’t want the same blows me away. 

I still can’t quite get my head around any so called Hearts man that hoped for what actually happened. 

I will say though they’ve a right to bum up their crowds as we’ve had bigger attendance morons for ever that don’t seem to like it now theirs are decent. 

33 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Yes. Then we capitulated against them in the Scottish cup and the rest is history 

But we beat them this season in the cup which is all that matters,  at least it was according to you. 

7 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

There is a massive difference when they are winning and when they are not - pathetic bunch of fair weather fans.........  

IMG_1310.JPG

27042014785.jpg

27042014786.jpg

27042014788.jpg

27042014789.jpg

Simple true fact is, without that big cup win would still be getting 10000 or less at home, glory hunters to the core.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Simple true fact is, without that big cup win would still be getting 10000 or less at home, glory hunters to the core.

Every club has the same fans that turn up when things are going well Hearts are the same. Hearts and Hibs have a hard core of about 8-10k and the rest come and go. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Every club has the same fans that turn up when things are going well Hearts are the same. Hearts and Hibs have a hard core of about 8-10k and the rest come and go. 

You will find Hearts have a far bigger hard core support, anyway is it true that 6000 hobos are glory hunters.

And if Hearts won the league we would need more seats in the stadium , at least 5000 and a lot more.

18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

But we beat them this season in the cup which is all that matters,  at least it was according to you. 

We had to beat them this year. We couldn't keep losing to them in SC could we. That doesn't change the part that we played in 2016 outcome though. 

Their crowds have evidently materially improved since winning SC. Whether they have overstated some attendances or not, fact remains that their crowds are well up. SC galvanised their support 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The hibs do have a good side at the minute tbf, which is why folk are interested, their midfield is really good. I mainly say that as ours is absolutely shocking - probably part of the reason fans aren’t that bothered about Hearts this season, we just don’t have a strong enough team and hibs are well clear of us. The cathro effect really had a huge impact and you feel we’ve still never really got going. Thankfully at least we’re hard to beat now, that’s something to go on. Not going to attract fans with that though. All about the cup for us now

Great irony that one of the best ever hibs sides can’t overtake Hearts for attendence s because we had the big murrayfield crowds ?

I agree with this AA. If we were playing in the style of the George Burley team of 05/06, going all out to kill the game in the first half, high intensity and pressing , we would fill Tynecastle every week. The present slow-paced, lethargic, cautious style of play , will not attract fans, like it or not. The irony is that every time we have deployed a high intensity style, Aberdeen SC 2016, Rangers 2017 and Celtic 2017 we have had great results and the fans have responded to it. We will certainly struggle imo to match the ST figures of the last couple of years come the summer. A cup win, of course, would change that.

39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The fact every hearts fan on the planet didn’t want the same blows me away. 

I still can’t quite get my head around any so called Hearts man that hoped for what actually happened. 

I will say though they’ve a right to bum up their crowds as we’ve had bigger attendance morons for ever that don’t seem to like it now theirs are decent. 

Beyond my comprehension.  I have and always will operate on the basis that I want Hibs beat regardless of opponent. Full stop 

Thought Police

Hibs fans run for the hills when they aren’t doing great. I give it 18 months until they’re back to 10-11,000 punters 

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

You will find Hearts have a far bigger hard core support, anyway is it true that 6000 hobos are glory hunters.

And if Hearts won the league we would need more seats in the stadium , at least 5000 and a lot more.

We’ve had more relative success pretty much all my life, I’m 44 now and I’d hardly say our crowds dwarf theirs, it’s slightly bigger on average, 2-3k, it’s playground stuff but the cup win has galvanised the entire club. 

The massive problem Hibs have is so called "fans" buying concession season tickets when they shouldn't. Its rife and shows in the fact their turnover is shockingly bad for a club that appears on paper to have decent ST sales.

All well and good having good numbers turn out but when they are ripping the club off its damaging to the finances.

If and when the club clamps down on this (they are aware of it) their ST sales will plummet.

Hearts fans put money in, Hibs fans take money out. 

27 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We had to beat them this year. We couldn't keep losing to them in SC could we. That doesn't change the part that we played in 2016 outcome though. 

Their crowds have evidently materially improved since winning SC. Whether they have overstated some attendances or not, fact remains that their crowds are well up. SC galvanised their support 

Can’ believe you are still going on about the fourth round of the 2016 Scottish Cup. It really damaged you didn’t it? :lol:

Putting aside all the bragging rights of whose better because of attendances it's quite refreshing to see Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeens attendances so strong.

Hopefully the Dundee clubs can get their act together and the same with Killie and Motherwell.

I really think we're building something quite strong with FoH, Budge and Levein and I would much be more than happy if the league became more competitive. Means the quality of player interested in coming into Scotland will be better and the need to leave the league will be less also.

15 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Can’ believe you are still going on about the fourth round of the 2016 Scottish Cup. It really damaged you didn’t it? :lol:

Damaged us and galvanised them 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
37 minutes ago, Spencer said:

hibs were facing potentially serious financial difficulties until that game and their subsequent cup win

no biggie tho

:lion:

5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

hibs were facing potentially serious financial difficulties until that game and their subsequent cup win

no biggie tho

:lion:

They were in the shit big time 

No big deal though eh 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

They were in the shit big time 

No big deal though eh 

"Moneyspinner" rarely a truer word spoken 

13 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

So why didn't we do that   (£25 kids season tickets)

Exactly. That is a fantastic deal. In 'mixed' Edinburgh families (they do exist), it might make all the difference to whether a kid gets taken to Easter Road or Tynecastle. I went often to both as a child (supporting Hearts never in doubt). Or a Hibs kid gets to go to every game whereas his/her Hearts-supporting classmate rarely goes because family cannot afford it.

We are doing great things with the academy, it seems, but we also need to get younger fans along.

3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Exactly. That is a fantastic deal. In 'mixed' Edinburgh families (they do exist), it might make all the difference to whether a kid gets taken to Easter Road or Tynecastle. I went often to both as a child (supporting Hearts never in doubt). Or a Hibs kid gets to go to every game whereas his/her Hearts-supporting classmate rarely goes because family cannot afford it.

We are doing great things with the academy, it seems, but we also need to get younger fans along.

Aren't our U-12 tickets £50?

That's cheap enough for me I reckon. Just over £2.50 a game is great value.

A guy on a return flight from Portugal was telling me that Sporting Lisbon encourage school (etc) tours to their ground/museum by giving the kids a plaque( to say they have been on it), a framed club share and a free ticket to a game.

It seems to be good scheme to adopt in order to  build/increase your support for the future, something  that Hearts could adopt now that we have some spare capacity.

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Speak for yourself. Genuinely couldn’t give a ****. What a weird thing to stew over. :lol:

Regal Kingston

I don’t think the amount of winter home games has helped Hearts attendances. 

Hibs are tellingly porkies with those figures. Aberdeen was meant to be a sell out and there were rows empty. 

Lets beat them a week on Friday and see what happens then. 

All Out Attack
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Why should we have done?

Our u-12 season tickets are already fantastic value at £50. That's less than  £3 per game. If h1b5 want to practically give them away, they can get on with it. 

Reality check required here. 

As long as we have empty seats in Tynecastle, we are losing money. More than anyone, kids also tend to spend a fortune on food and drink at the games which is also being lost.

Believe it or not, everthing the club does, is not automatically the best way and needs defended. Sometimes, there are better ways to do things. Filling your stadium with the next generation, like Hibs are doing,  is one of them. 

More importantly, if kids don't come to Tynecastle at a young age, they could end up veering to the dark side, then we could lose them for life. 

Before you go raving about how good kids prices are, Hearts also treat 15 and 16 year olds as if they are in employment. This is pretty distasteful and the bigger stadium means the is simply no reason to do this anymore. 

Little bit vision is required sometimes for a longer term view. 

36 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Aren't our U-12 tickets £50?

That's cheap enough for me I reckon. Just over £2.50 a game is great value.

You are correct for last season, they went up to £55 for U-13's this season, get two for my grandkids every season, I see that as very good value especially as we sit in the new main stand. 

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Speak for yourself. Genuinely couldn’t give a ****. What a weird thing to stew over. :lol:

Huge disappointment not to win at 2-0 up, then lose the replay. Also annoying that they went on to win the Cup but I was over it long before they were, eventually, presented with the trophy. 

Totally agree. The persistent hand wringing, particularly 2 years and a Cup derby win of our own later, is weird. More so as we've thrashed them twice at Hampden on the way to winning it ourselves in recent years. 

The Old Tolbooth

This is a bounce season for Hibs, they're all wanting to see their first season back in the big time after being so long in the lower leagues, once they start to realise they're going to win nothing like the rest of us, their crowds will disappear back to what they used to be. 

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Why should we have done?

At Hearts, do they have to be accompanied with an adult paying the full whack, these days?

chester copperpot
15 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Hibs attendance figures and the number of people who attend are not closely related.

Unlike a Leith marriage

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

But but but....i was assured that a cup win would mean nothing for them AND it would destroy Sevco for generations to come !!!

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But but but....i was assured that a cup win would mean nothing for them AND it would destroy Sevco for generations to come !!!

Who told you it would mean nothing for them?

Sevco, may well not affect generations to come.  Seems they may not get beyond this generation.

52 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Reality check required here. 

As long as we have empty seats in Tynecastle, we are losing money. More than anyone, kids also tend to spend a fortune on food and drink at the games which is also being lost.

Believe it or not, everthing the club does, is not automatically the best way and needs defended. Sometimes, there are better ways to do things. Filling your stadium with the next generation, like Hibs are doing,  is one of them. 

More importantly, if kids don't come to Tynecastle at a young age, they could end up veering to the dark side, then we could lose them for life. 

Before you go raving about how good kids prices are, Hearts also treat 15 and 16 year olds as if they are in employment. This is pretty distasteful and the bigger stadium means the is simply no reason to do this anymore. 

Little bit vision is required sometimes for a longer term view. 

Hibbie in my office told me he knows dozens of adults who've bought these cheap tickets as Hibs have no system to check.

Believe it or not, everything Hibs do is not automatically the best way and needs defended...

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Hibbie in my office told me he knows dozens of adults who've bought these cheap tickets as Hibs have no system to check.

Believe it or not, everything Hibs do is not automatically the best way and needs defended...

The conversation was about getting kids to games, they are the future support base after all

Just now, All Out Attack said:

The conversation was about getting kids to games, they are the future support base after all

Yes, and adult Hibs fans are buying up the cheap seats allocated for kids so it's not really doing what it was meant to achieve.

5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I used to work with a guy who had a kids ticket for ER. Went every home game and nobody ever checked.

4 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Theres loads of kids at Hearts games. What are you slavering about? :lol:

6 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

You are right in that we need to encourage kids. I think we handed out free tickets previously but that seems to have stopped now. There is a balance to be had though and a kids ticket for £50 a season ( if that is correct ) is great value imo. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You are right in that we need to encourage kids. I think we handed out free tickets previously but that seems to have stopped now. There is a balance to be had though and a kids ticket for £50 a season ( if that is correct ) is great value imo. 

Of course it is. You won’t get much change out of a fifty-spot for two adult tickets.