Billy Graham and the Hearts song

DVB

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:44, Section G The Place To Be said:

I can give you a few examples, although I’m not interested in your “context” answers in trying to justify any of it. I’m quite capable of reading myself and deciphering how wrong they are. 

Where do you stand on Homosexuality. ?

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

Only two verses but the bible including the NT is full of verses against homosexuality.

What about raping woman? 

(Judges 21:10-24 NLT) (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT) (Deuteronomy 20:10-14) (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB) (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB) Just a few examples.

What about woman being allowed a Position of authority? & Where do you stand on woman preaching your “Good book” to anyone other than children and other woman. 

EPHESIANS 

5:22-24 Wives must submit to husbands in everything.

1 CORINTHIANS

14:34 Women must be silent in churches.

1 TIMOTHY 

2:11-15 Woman must not have authority, she must be silent. 

Where do you stand on abortion?

Pro-life groups and anti abortionists including Christians commonly use biblical scriptures to try and justify abortion is wrong and “evil” though there are no specific verses in the bible that state this.

What about sex before marriage? 

Literally hundreds of passages about how sex before marriage is “Immoral” “Wrong” and “punishable”

How do you feel about your book saying murdering babies is ok? 

(Hosea 9:11-16 NLT) (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT) (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT) (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

What about out your feelings on slavery? According to your God slavery is good. 

(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT) (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT (( A lovely “how to” list of how to treat your slaves very thoughtful of God)) 

(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB) Thought this one merits being written out so people can read just how nice this great God of yours is.

“When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.  If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. “

Do you often eat children ?

"And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...." (II Kings 6:28-29)

Above are just a few examples for each one. Im not going to indulge you with more as I’m sure your capable of looking them up for yourself.

Anyone happy to believe in and follow any of that needs locked up.

I could go further and ask questions about Gods commands that his followers must obey. How he commands that anyone that does not believe must be killed. Even if one person in a town does not believe that the whole town should be killed. How anyone that believes another religion or god must die. How it is the duty of Gods servants to spread the word and make more followers. 

Slavery has been dealt with and refuted.

WRT to 2Kings 6:28 – God much earlier had made consistent warnings to the people the depravity that they would fall into if they abandoned God’s statutes. Here, rather than turning to God for help, they embarked on cannibalism during a war and siege of their city.

Nothing has changed over the centuries, the depravity of mankind knows no bounds.

So what is your point?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:44, Section G The Place To Be said:

I can give you a few examples, although I’m not interested in your “context” answers in trying to justify any of it. I’m quite capable of reading myself and deciphering how wrong they are. 

Where do you stand on Homosexuality. ?

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

Only two verses but the bible including the NT is full of verses against homosexuality.

What about raping woman? 

(Judges 21:10-24 NLT) (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT) (Deuteronomy 20:10-14) (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB) (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB) Just a few examples.

What about woman being allowed a Position of authority? & Where do you stand on woman preaching your “Good book” to anyone other than children and other woman. 

EPHESIANS 

5:22-24 Wives must submit to husbands in everything.

1 CORINTHIANS

14:34 Women must be silent in churches.

1 TIMOTHY 

2:11-15 Woman must not have authority, she must be silent. 

Where do you stand on abortion?

Pro-life groups and anti abortionists including Christians commonly use biblical scriptures to try and justify abortion is wrong and “evil” though there are no specific verses in the bible that state this.

What about sex before marriage? 

Literally hundreds of passages about how sex before marriage is “Immoral” “Wrong” and “punishable”

How do you feel about your book saying murdering babies is ok? 

(Hosea 9:11-16 NLT) (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT) (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT) (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

What about out your feelings on slavery? According to your God slavery is good. 

(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT) (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT (( A lovely “how to” list of how to treat your slaves very thoughtful of God)) 

(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB) Thought this one merits being written out so people can read just how nice this great God of yours is.

“When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.  If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. “

Do you often eat children ?

"And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...." (II Kings 6:28-29)

Above are just a few examples for each one. Im not going to indulge you with more as I’m sure your capable of looking them up for yourself.

Anyone happy to believe in and follow any of that needs locked up.

I could go further and ask questions about Gods commands that his followers must obey. How he commands that anyone that does not believe must be killed. Even if one person in a town does not believe that the whole town should be killed. How anyone that believes another religion or god must die. How it is the duty of Gods servants to spread the word and make more followers. 

The first five books of the Bible are full of stories of the conquest of Caanan. But one story that sometimes stands out in the minds of skeptics is the one found in Numbers 31, where God seemingly gives no reason for killing defenseless women and male children. In addition, it has been suggested that the young girls mentioned in the account were spared so that the Israelite men could rape them. Such accusations are baseless, however, as is evident when they are viewed in light of other related passages.

The most widely questioned section of Numbers 31 is verses 17-18: “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women-children, that have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.” To understand this passage, one must realize that Numbers 25 is the “prequel” to the events recorded in Numbers 31. Numbers 25 tells how the Midianites, specifically the women, led the Israelites astray into worshiping the Baal or Peor. The Lord’s anger burned against Israel, and He struck them with a plague. The plague ended when Phinehas, the grandson of Aaron, killed an Israelite man and the Midianite woman he brought into his family (Numbers 25:6-9). The relations with Midianite women were in direct violation of God’s commands in Deuteronomy 7:3-4: “[N]either shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For he will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of Jehovah be kindled against you, and he will destroy thee quickly.”

As a result of these events, God instructed the Israelites to “Vex the Midianites, and smite them; for they vex you with their wiles, wherewith they have beguiled you in the matter of Peor, and in the matter of Cozbi, the daughter of the prince of Midian, their sister, who was slain on the day of the plague in the matter of Peor” (Numbers 25:17-18). When, in Numbers 31, the army brought back the women, it was in direct violation to God’s order in Numbers 25 to destroy the Midianites, who would lead the Israelites into apostasy.

But how can we explain the destruction of the young boys? Why were they not spared along with the young girls? Skeptics read of events such as the conquest of Canaan, and contend that no God could be so cruel as to call for the destruction of an entire nation. The mere idea of the God of heaven ordering the death of women and innocent children so outraged infidel Thomas Paine that he said such a scenario was sufficient evidence in and of itself to cause him to reject the divine origin of the Bible (1795, p. 90). In fact, he condemned the Bible for its alleged moral atrocities, and even went so far as to blame the Bible for virtually every moral injustice ever committed. He wrote:

Whence arose the horrid assassinations of whole nations of men, women, and infants, with which the Bible is filled; and the bloody persecutions, and tortures unto death and religious wars, that since that time have laid Europe in blood and ashes; whence arose they, but from this impious thing called revealed religion, and this monstrous belief that God has spoken to man? (p. 185).

However, to allege that the God of the Bible is some sort of “monster” for ordering Israel to destroy the inhabitants of Canaan exhibits an ignorance of biblical teaching. Those inhabitants were destroyed because of their wickedness (Deuteronomy 9:4; 18:9-14). They were so evil that their Creator no longer could abide their corruption. That they had numerous opportunities to repent is evident from the prophetic books (Nineveh did repent, for example, and for a time stayed the day of destruction). Complaining about Jehovah’s order to destroy innocent children is a vain gesture when one realizes that the children were spared an even worse fate of being reared as slaves under the domination of sin. Instead of having to endure the scourge of a life of immorality and wickedness, these innocents were ushered early into the bliss of Paradise. If the male children had been allowed to mature, they most likely would have followed the pagan ways of their forefathers, and eventually would have taken vengeance on the Israelites. Killing the males not only prevented them from falling into the same abominable sins as their parents, but also kept Israel from having to battle them later.

Man hardly can blame God and His Word for the awful consequences of sin; rather, he has only himself to blame (Romans 3:23; 5:12). A parent who warns a child of the consequences of disobedience, threatens an appropriate punishment, and then is true to his word at the event of infraction, generally is considered to be a firm-but-loving parent by clear-thinking people. Yet, critics ask us to view God as some type of ogre for following the same course of action. The discrepancy is not with the Almighty, but with His cowering critics.

The allegation that the Israelite men spared the young girls in order to rape them is nothing but baseless supposition predicated upon a lack of biblical knowledge. In the custom of the time, marriages were conducted at a young age. Therefore, the reference to the young girls who had not “known man by lying with him” would indicate that they were very young, likely under the age of twelve. These girls were too young to be able to lead the men of Israel away from Jehovah; therefore, these girls were allowed to live. As to raping them, it is more logical to assume that they wanted these girls for servants. This would be similar to Joshua 9, where Joshua allowed the Gibeonites to live in compelled servitude to the Israelites. Moreover, it would have been sinful for the Israelite men to rape the Midianite girls because rape was (and still is) abhorrent to God (Deuteronomy 22:23-28, esp. 25).

The simple answer to the questions surrounding Numbers 31 is that God ordered the Midianites to be killed in Numbers 25:17-18. When the army did not carry out this order at the time of the Midianite defeat, it was carried out in a delayed fashion when the army returned with the captives. As to Moses allowing the young girls to remain alive, that was a judgment call from the man with God’s authority over the Israelites.

God is the omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and all-righteous “I Am” Who is over all things—so He may do whatever He wishes, so long as it is not in violation of His character. However, God does everything for a reason. Sometimes that reason may be unclear to us. In the case of the destruction of people like the Canaanites, God’s reasoning had to do with His justice. Deuteronomy 32:3-4 records: “For I will proclaim the name of Jehovah: Ascribe ye greatness unto our God. The Rock, his work is perfect; For all his ways are justice: A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, Just and right is he” (emp. added). Men may not always understand God’s justice, or His reasons for exercising it as He does. As Job 4:17 asked: “ Shall mortal man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his Maker?” (emp. added). The fact is, God does condone killing—in the name of justice (whether it be justice in regard to one person, or a whole nation). Even in modern times, the death penalty is an acceptable means of administering justice (Romans 13:1-7; cf. Genesis 9:6). While God is all loving, He also is a God of justice, and He will execute that justice in the most propitious manner—including by means of death.  [CAP]

6 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Everything i have posted is taken directly from your bible. Nothing is made up diatribe as you describe it. 

I dont give two two shiny shits what you say on here about other religions and faiths or non believers. You are a bullying hypocrite. Your books and religion preaches intolerance regarding homosexuality, intolerance towards woman, intolerance towards other faiths, intolerance towards non followers, intolerance towards non believers. 

Preachers like Graham a man this thread is about whom you hold in such high regard have been caught and proven to be openly homophobic, he was a zionist and supporter of some horrific wars Vietnam being one. Exactly the kind of things I have been talking about.

Now I don’t really care if you want to believe in some fictional superhero and live your life from a book of fairy tales and bigotry. That’s your choice. But don’t pretend for a second your different from any other bullying preacher. Your posts and how you respond to people with your arrogance and patronising ways certainly show you for the religious hypocrite you really are. 

I am not being disrespectful, but may of your comments are generated from a base of ignorance.

It seems that you are not interested in commenting on individual matters of concern, but rather just throw paint on the ground and rant and stamp.

Archived