Jamie Walker

Perth to Paisley

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EH11 said:

Wish the guy well and hope he makes a good account of himself at Wigan. I was pleased to see him back and celebrating in the stands at the Hibs game. 

Rangers game off that day?

maroonnicky63
Just now, It should have been ten said:

As usual?  Oh ma sides :rofl:

You must have failed to see the troll emoji at the bottom of my post

P.s As you’re being serious and “as usual” you jump to Walker’s defence at every opportunity, wonder what “mince” you’ll come out with when he finds himself back up the road in no time ?

Wonderful support , this is why we are getting such a shite reputation. The guy leaves the club, makes us money and we still can't let it go

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Wonderful support , this is why we are getting such a shite reputation. The guy leaves the club, makes us money and we still can't let it go

Was you that kept it going by biting. 

Don't twist the reputation shite with light hearted banter, got nothing to do with the stuff being spoken of lately.  You need to chill out where Jamie Walker is concerned. As you say he's left the club. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 2/19/2018 at 17:01, Morgan said:

Indy is to Jamie what Mars was to Robbie.

I’m sure it’s all tongue in cheek and with no malice aforethought.

Whatever happened to mars? Finally realized he was of no use or relevance whatsoever and buggered off?

On 2/19/2018 at 17:01, Morgan said:

Indy is to Jamie what Mars was to Robbie.

I’m sure it’s all tongue in cheek and with no malice aforethought.

1 hour ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Whatever happened to mars? Finally realized he was of no use or relevance whatsoever and buggered off?

No idea NWMoT.

Haven’t heard a sausage from him in about two months.

maroonnicky63

Was you that kept it going by biting. 

Don't twist the reputation shite with light hearted banter, got nothing to do with the stuff being spoken of lately.  You need to chill out where Jamie Walker is concerned. As you say he's left the club. 

like it or not it's true , light hearted banter my posterior

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

No idea NWMoT.

Haven’t heard a sausage from him in about two months.

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

like it or not it's true , light hearted banter my posterior

Totally bored with you and your Jamie Walker loving creepiness now so away and see if you can find someone who actually gives an excrement! 

:bolt:

If it doesn’t work out for Jamie down south I can see him returning to us. Can’t see that happening until he’s given it a real go at Wigan.

5 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

If it doesn’t work out for Jamie down south I can see him returning to us. Can’t see that happening until he’s given it a real go at Wigan.

If he changes his agent it might be worth talking about. Otherwise I can see Levein telling him to

I just wanted to use the emoji :D 

maroonnicky63

Totally bored with you and your Jamie Walker loving creepiness now so away and see if you can find someone who actually gives an excrement! 

your bored because I wont join in on attacking players who leave Hearts to further their careers which is part and parcel of football.Why you can't just wish the lad good luck and hope he does well is beyond me , before you harp on about my love in with Walker I am the same with any player who has left Hearts, once they go that's it but it's the constant garbage about how poor he was anyway and how he will soon be back playing for lowly clubs.Get over it , he is not a hearts player now.He is a huge miss as well

SuperstarSteve

Not a Walker hater, actually wish him luck, but he definetly isn’t missed and hasn’t been since he left, he wanted a move to rangers rather staying with us and some fans won’t let that go, I completely understand why they won’t, because we are not and never will be a stepping stone to the neither Celtic or rangers, evidently he ended up at Wigan, all the best and good luck, but I don’t see him reaching higher than a mid table championship team if he’s lucky, he isn’t the same breed of player as Paterson for example, who I believed since his time at us was destined to play in premier league regularly 

Good player on his day when he thought he had something to prove, that's why he'll go nowhere.

The top players are consistent week in week out and have the intelligence to push themselves every time they play.

Jamie Walker is the same as the majority of talented lads, he doesn't have the brain to make the most of his talent.

He no longer wears a Hearts shirt so i don't give a Shiny one what he's up to.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Not a Walker hater, actually wish him luck, but he definetly isn’t missed and hasn’t been since he left, he wanted a move to rangers rather staying with us and some fans won’t let that go, I completely understand why they won’t, because we are not and never will be a stepping stone to the neither Celtic or rangers, evidently he ended up at Wigan, all the best and good luck, but I don’t see him reaching higher than a mid table championship team if he’s lucky, he isn’t the same breed of player as Paterson for example, who I believed since his time at us was destined to play in premier league regularly 

2 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Good player on his day when he thought he had something to prove, that's why he'll go nowhere.

The top players are consistent week in week out and have the intelligence to push themselves every time they play.

Jamie Walker is the same as the majority of talented lads, he doesn't have the brain to make the most of his talent.

He no longer wears a Hearts shirt so i don't give a Shiny one what he's up to.

Good posts 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

your bored because I wont join in on attacking players who leave Hearts to further their careers which is part and parcel of football.Why you can't just wish the lad good luck and hope he does well is beyond me , before you harp on about my love in with Walker I am the same with any player who has left Hearts, once they go that's it but it's the constant garbage about how poor he was anyway and how he will soon be back playing for lowly clubs.Get over it , he is not a hearts player now.He is a huge miss as well

I wish all Hearts player’s the very best when they move on from our club. If he hadn’t been acting as blatantly disrespectful towards us as he did when the Rangers came knocking trust me it would be a completely different story!

As for him being a huge miss for us?? :laugh:

He’ll never be a miss for us, he hadn’t kicked a ball for months. His performances were absolutely woeful.  Played when he could be arsed, usually depending on who were facing that day. 

When and not if he ends up back in Scottish football he is certainly not one player I will fear us playing against, not one bit.

You seem to only have have a problem with my posts whenever there’s a negative comment made about Jamie Walker, you do realise there’s a huge section of our support that feel the same way? ?

(No doubt you’ll ignore the posts above. Posts which I wholeheartedly agree with) 

I’m not bored because you disagree with my opinions on him, I’m bored because he’s long gone and means absolutely nothing to me. Couldn’t give two shiny shite’s about the laddie - just like he couldn’t give any about us when he was desperate for a move to Ibrox.

In a nutshell - you care for him, I don’t!

scott herbertson

A big miss for us (the fit and confident Jamie Walker not the poorer version of the last 12 months or so). I’m not sure he would ever have produced it again for us, or will for Wigan.

But on form he provided us wish something we still desperately need, a creative attacking spark from midfield. It does look as if Cochrane and Mcdonald can more than make up for that, but they still have a bit of development to go and we could do with a more mature player who could deliver in attacking mid (oh t find another Cameron, Hartley or Colquhoun!)

I wish him well 

been here before
56 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

....I’m bored because he’s long gone and means absolutely nothing to me. Couldn’t give two shiny shite’s about the laddie - just like he couldn’t give any about us when he was desperate for a move to Ibrox.

But yet you click on a link to a thread called "Jamie Walker".

3 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Considering our shortage of attacking players right now, especially with Djoum out, a fit Walker would be very useful to still have on our books.

Tokyo Drifter
On 2/19/2018 at 19:53, Perth to Paisley said:

Is Jamie

》 Injured 

》 Just not good enough

》 Rested as Wigan have a big game at the weekend

He played a couple of weeks before the Man City game but wasn't even on the bench for it, guessing either injured or, er, rested. Plus ca change, eh?

maroonnicky63

I wish all Hearts player’s the very best when they move on from our club. If he hadn’t been acting as blatantly disrespectful towards us as he did when the Rangers came knocking trust me it would be a completely different story!

He’ll never be a miss for us, he hadn’t kicked a ball for months. His performances were absolutely woeful.  Played when he could be arsed, usually depending on who were facing that day. 

When and not if he ends up back in Scottish football he is certainly not one player I will fear us playing against, not one bit.

You seem to only have have a problem with my posts whenever there’s a negative comment made about Jamie Walker, you do realise there’s a huge section of our support that feel the same way? ?

(No doubt you’ll ignore the posts above. Posts which I wholeheartedly agree with) 

I’m not bored because you disagree with my opinions on him, I’m bored because he’s long gone and means absolutely nothing to me. Couldn’t give two shiny shite’s about the laddie - just like he couldn’t give any about us when he was desperate for a move to Ibrox.

We don't miss his goals from midfield , aye right.

9 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Just imagine where we would be if we still had Walker and Paterson scoring for fun. With that defence and goalkeeper, and those two plus Lafferty banging them in we’d be absolutely flying.

12 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Do we though?

We got 2 goals in 17 league starts from him this season

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do we though?

This! I was glad to see the back of Walker. In my opinion he was one of the most overrated players in Scottish football.

Was no surprise to me that our 2 best performances and results this season came without Walker in the team.

His final performance against Hibs at Tynecastle just summed things up. He had gone stale and his attitude stank. Spent half that match on his backside.

I don’t wish Walker any ill but he is not good enough or anywhere near consistent enough to make it in England. Will be back up here again soon enough.

40 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do we though?

What about the 15 or whatever it was last season, and the 7 and 11 before then? I get the way he left has soured people's opinion of him but I'm not sure half of last and half of this season defines Walker's career with us. We really miss his directness and ability to have a pop from distance and often get it on target. Milinkovic looks good in fits and starts but doesn't yet carry the same sort of threat Walker did when on form. 

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

What about the 15 or whatever it was last season, and the 7 and 11 before then? I get the way he left has soured people's opinion of him but I'm not sure half of last and half of this season defines Walker's career with us. We really miss his directness and ability to have a pop from distance and often get it on target. Milinkovic looks good in fits and starts but doesn't yet carry the same sort of threat Walker did when on form. 

But these are two different Jamie Walkers, sure we miss the high scoring exciting talent but that's not the Walker we sold, that guy left a year ago. This season's Walker had stopped performing and wanted out - what's to miss?

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

But these are two different Jamie Walkers, sure we miss the high scoring exciting talent but that's not the Walker we sold, that guy left a year ago. This season's Walker had stopped performing and wanted out - what's to miss?

Depends whether that was down to fitness or attitude or if both what the proportions were. And if fitness, whether he will ever recover 100%.

Only he will know that’s fully, our management team will have a good idea, as fans we’re just speculating. Time will tell. My personal guess is he has lost the edge in fitness and may never fully recover that. With regard to attitude I think the cheat stuff had a big impact , the Rangers transfer stuff a bit too. Both of those have gone so it is all down to his fitness and what desire remains.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's my take on it.Never seen a player go down hill as much as Walker did,shame really.

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I get that. We're obviously missing different Jamie Walkers :) For me 2 or 3 very decent seasons aren't cancelled out by two poor half seasons, especially considering the stuff going on at the time with Cathro. There's still a good player in there. Confidence always seemed his problem sometimes though.

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Depends whether that was down to fitness or attitude or if both what the proportions were. And if fitness, whether he will ever recover 100%.

Only he will know that’s fully, our management team will have a good idea, as fans we’re just speculating. Time will tell. My personal guess is he has lost the edge in fitness and may never fully recover that. With regard to attitude I think the cheat stuff had a big impact , the Rangers transfer stuff a bit too. Both of those have gone so it is all down to his fitness and what desire remains.

All this is true but the guy I replied to said we miss his goals from midfield - I'm just saying we've been missing that for a year now, it's not as a result of him leaving the club

scott herbertson
Just now, Smithee said:

All this is true but the guy I replied to said we miss his goals from midfield - I'm just saying we've been missing that for a year now, it's not as a result of him leaving the club

I agree - though I’m fairly sure Cathro and Levei;hoped he would get his mojo back and we wouldn’t have to pay for it or develop it.  If you look at players like Amankwa and Milinkovic they have probably bee;brought in to plug that gap. We need to find a gem somehow though. Not an easy position to fill.

He is a great player on his day .. when he started out in the team you could see he had something, technically excellent and Most definitely a threat 

then as time went on he became more inconsistent ... mentally he would pick and choose his games and his moments .. that's frustrating for us as supporters especially when he could do much better 

the rangers thing was what it was ... I think we all had forewarning that he was being tapped up (it's always been the way with that shitehouse of a team ) - 

not a big loss ... wish him all the best though 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

What goals are these? How many did he score this season?

7 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Im willing to bet you we don't have a midfielder in the next 10 years that scores as many in a season as walker did last season?

To say he'll not be missed is a load of crap

Out of the last batch of players from the academy to come through he's the only one we sold 

The rest chose to run down their contract's or were helped to leave

15 hours ago, ford donald said:

That's my take on it.Never seen a player go down hill as much as Walker did,shame really.

Nicholson's demise was worse.

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Section Q said:

Nicholson's demise was worse.

Andy Driver much the same - all guys whose early promise was only partially fulfilled

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Yeah I get that. We're obviously missing different Jamie Walkers :) For me 2 or 3 very decent seasons aren't cancelled out by two poor half seasons, especially considering the stuff going on at the time with Cathro. There's still a good player in there. Confidence always seemed his problem sometimes though.

Good post. I loved Jamie to bits and felt he had the potential to either become aa legend or make us an awful lot of money.

But i can't get over him downing tools no matter how disillusioned he was under Cathro or hitching his skirt at at The Rangers. The stories about the derisory pay offer didn't reflect well on him either.

I suspect he will have regrets in later life.

13 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

I would have Skinny everyday of the week over Walker

Personally don’t think skinny has got anywhere near what walker produced during his Hearts tenure. 

Hopefully he can but some judgements being clouded out of hatred for walker it seems 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
12 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

This. For me a promising career ruined through injury or perhaps fear of injury.

14 hours ago, socrates82 said:

The goalscorer we miss is in England right enough and it aint Walker.

6 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

The goalscorer we miss is in England right enough and it aint Walker.

We miss Paterson too. Walker lost form but so did Djoum and Souttar. Levein got both playing well again, no reason Walker couldn’t have been the same. Anyhow it’s all moo.

It should have been ten
19 hours ago, been here before said:

But yet you click on a link to a thread called "Jamie Walker".

Another Walker sympathiser 

:clyay:

It should have been ten
12 hours ago, jambocub said:

Im willing to bet you we don't have a midfielder in the next 10 years that scores as many in a season as walker did last season?

To say he'll not be missed is a load of crap

Out of the last batch of players from the academy to come through he's the only one we sold 

The rest chose to run down their contract's or were helped to leave

Aye whatever, he'd been a passenger for months. Isn't and won't be missed at all.

It should have been ten
18 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Nope, even Milinkovic has contributed more in the time he's been here than Walker had contributed for months 

30 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye whatever, he'd been a passenger for months. Isn't and won't be missed at all.

Could've used him at County last week. Milinkovic and Cowie were absent and we were left with nothing of quality up top. Laff's a good striker if supported - he wasn't.

He was superb up till Cathro. By the summer I think he was done in with Hearts after the previous 6 months. Early Levein games he showed a lot of the Walker of old - Aberdeen at home he was kept out by the superb Lewis in their goal.

Few wee knocks before leaving didn't help. He'd shine in that team right now. Improvements from Souttar, Djoum, Randall and others since Levein took over are there to see.

Wish the guy well. But would take him back. Folk on here want Temps back... a guy who totally bombed at Rangers in the lower leagues only to wash up at relegation candidates Hamilton... Walker's career won't be similar to that imo. 

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Could've used him at County last week. Milinkovic and Cowie were absent and we were left with nothing of quality up top. Laff's a good striker if supported - he wasn't.

He was superb up till Cathro. By the summer I think he was done in with Hearts after the previous 6 months. Early Levein games he showed a lot of the Walker of old - Aberdeen at home he was kept out by the superb Lewis in their goal.

Few wee knocks before leaving didn't help. He'd shine in that team right now. Improvements from Souttar, Djoum, Randall and others since Levein took over are there to see.

Wish the guy well. But would take him back. Folk on here want Temps back... a guy who totally bombed at Rangers in the lower leagues only to wash up at relegation candidates Hamilton... Walker's career won't be similar to that imo. 

I agree - and you just need to read the Q+A with Gary Locke to see he's still held in respect by people at the club who actually know him

Archived