Some oldies might remember this

jambo1961

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fxxx the SPFL

Clerry and Gorgie both used the jungle bit. I remember as a daft teenager sitting in white park giving the Gorgie jungle sign to punters sitting on the top deck of buses if any had made a move to get off I would have disappeared quicker than Usain Bolt 

3 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

Gorgie Jungle ? 

Clerry .

Gorgie Jungle were in place well before Clerry Jungle.

In fact Gorgie Jungle were just known as “The Jungle”

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

Gorgie Jungle were in place well before Clerry Jungle.

In fact Gorgie Jungle were just known as “The Jungle”

Yep

Gorgie Jungle were huge in about 1971-1973, crombies , staprest and doc martens a la Clockwork Orange. Also big gangs at the time were Niddrie Terror and Mental Drylaw

Son Of Anarchy
9 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Can’t remember the OP’s badge but this classic I still have somewhere 

26C7F066-CFA7-4BE6-8F97-409AA793FCB8.jpeg

My very first Hearts patch sewn onto my very first bar scarf. I was so protective and possessive over it I kept it until it actually fell to pieces ?

Fxxx the SPFL
53 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Yep

Gorgie Jungle were huge in about 1971-1973, crombies , staprest and doc martens a la Clockwork Orange. Also big gangs at the time were Niddrie Terror and Mental Drylaw

YLT young leith team, YBT young broomie terror, YNT young niddrie terror, BAROX oxgangs Gorgie Jungle and Clerry Jungle. Harrington jackets etc.

Tokyo Drifter
52 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I remember Clerry Derry and Young Mental Drylaw.  Can't say I recall Clerry Jungle

Pilton Derry isn't it? Could be wrong.

The Bar-Ox were the bane of my young life.

scott herbertson
21 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

YLT young leith team, YBT young broomie terror, YNT young niddrie terror, BAROX oxgangs Gorgie Jungle and Clerry Jungle. Harrington jackets etc.

There were also also smaller ones. I had to run the gauntlet of the Young  Piershill  Fleet on my bike to get my brothers fish and chips at the end of Northfield Broadway (he was too canny to go himself so he used to bribe me)

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Yep

YMD were indeed mental.

19 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Pilton Derry isn't it? Could be wrong.

The Bar-Ox were the bane of my young life.

YPD. Young Pilton Derry.

Young Keir Hardie Terror who hung about Keir Hardie Hall from Dundee Street Fountainbridge Watson Crescent area, TCR from Tollcross and Cal-D from Dalry

12 hours ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Clerry and Gorgie both used the jungle bit. I remember as a daft teenager sitting in white park giving the Gorgie jungle sign to punters sitting on the top deck of buses if any had made a move to get off I would have disappeared quicker than Usain Bolt 

Think Broomhoose did as well at one stage,

7 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Young Keir Hardie Terror who hung about Keir Hardie Hall from Dundee Street Fountainbridge Watson Crescent area, TCR from Tollcross and Cal-D from Dalry

Founding member Sean Connery after he melted the Valdor Gang.

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, farin said:

There’s 2 types of these patches that I have. Used to be a big thing having these on your scarf back in the day. ?

D64568FC-901B-408C-8988-27C317D18433.jpeg

great pic farin.

Not forgetting the GYP (Granton Young Parkie), YMR (Young Mental Royston) and the lesser known YSS (Silverknowes Suicide Squad).

5 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Recall Gorgie “Village” spray painted on the wall at Westfield...I think that was the late 70s 

That would explain the boy who used to go in a full head-dress with his builder pal.

55 minutes ago, farin said:

There’s 2 types of these patches that I have. Used to be a big thing having these on your scarf back in the day. ?

D64568FC-901B-408C-8988-27C317D18433.jpeg

Part of mine.

59345798-4C35-4DD3-8C18-1E2C898EFC36.jpeg

6CFEBA75-49F3-406D-B902-564105F994C6.jpeg

F6D56D01-A343-496F-B95B-ED96C7475FD0.jpeg

30 minutes ago, happyjam said:

Not forgetting the GYP (Granton Young Parkie), YMR (Young Mental Royston) and the lesser known YSS (Silverknowes Suicide Squad).

Who knew there was a soft ‘S’ in Yilverknowes! 

Graham Thomson
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Yep

Being from Clermiston i remember Clerry Jungle about 72 73 

Newhaven had a gang called Toley Beach Mafia. I think there were 4 guys and a dug in it.

The scariest gang I ever encountered was in the early 80's when I made the mistake of going to a Millwall vs Cardiff game. Millwall had a gang called 'The Doctors' in those days. They wore white coats and stethoscopes and those reflective light things on their heads. Their weapon of choice was the surgical scalpel

6 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Yep

Dont forget The YGT, very happy days .

2 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Snap!20180220_145232.thumb.jpg.0082ae529db7fd1e64e2533b88bc3bfd.jpg

I’ve got more to post but the feckin thing won’t upload.

Watch this space!

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Newhaven had a gang called Toley Beach Mafia. I think there were 4 guys and a dug in it.

The scariest gang I ever encountered was in the early 80's when I made the mistake of going to a Millwall vs Cardiff game. Millwall had a gang called 'The Doctors' in those days. They wore white coats and stethoscopes and those reflective light things on their heads. Their weapon of choice was the surgical scalpel

It was "treatment". The only known surviving member was 70 last year.

Anyone remember the surprisingly mental Y-HOH (Young House o Hill)

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’ve got more to post but the feckin thing won’t upload.

Watch this space!

Here's some more20180220_150226.thumb.jpg.ed2869a739c726b8c586c9e05f37c97f.jpg

Ancient :walk_man:

HHGH

6 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I remember Clerry Derry and Young Mental Drylaw.  Can't say I recall Clerry Jungle

Not so young anymore but still mental. 

3 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Loved they cartoon ones, class.20180220_151432.thumb.jpg.0de9a8a1a340d2fa862ecdd6a4f3965e.jpg

I’ve got the Busby one and the Willie ‘Oor Wullie’ Ormond one too but, as I said, the bloody thing won’t upload.

I’ll keep trying, don’t go away!

Archived