Motherwell Cup Tickets - Selt Oot!

August Landmesser

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Paolo said:

Good prices.  We and St J probably should have done similar our game.   The crowd, although decent for a cup game these days, may have been bigger.    

That one wasn't televised though, great work from HMFC and MFC regarding sensible approach to potential customers.

20 uid for the train too, all good, wife can't get the monday off as she's off the week after (for 3 freaking weeks!)but I'll persuade her :D

What’s  the transport situation from Livingston to fir park anyone know? Can’t see a direct train, might get a lift through but wondering what options there are if anyone knows? 

...a bit disco

Livingston North will get you to Motherwell with 1 change.

Fozzyonthefence

Good price for adults however it’s actually only £1 cheaper for me to take my two boys than the St Johnstone cup game (£18 + £8 + £8 compared to £25 + £5 + £5) and that’s before you factor in transport costs. I was looking forward to going through for a 3pm Saturday game but think I’ll just watch on tv now.

Edit. Just saw there is a family ticket for £30. But might be an excuse to go out myself for a couple of pints first with mates instead. 

...a bit disco
13 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Where do I change bud?

Sorry.

No idea!

On 16/02/2018 at 23:30, JamboJen said:

Be interesting to see if it goes straight to a general sale. Regardless of it being on tv, it's a Scottish Cup quarter final at excellent prices at a ground where we usually take decent numbers.

What's the capacity of their away end? You'd think the vast majority of those going to Easter Road would want to go to this, with some less frequent attendees interested as well due to the price/occasion.

I'd probably start a sale for those with 35+ points and take it from there.

Capacity is 4,856. I'm guessing 50 points as initial threshold :thumbsup: 

11 hours ago, Dunks said:

Capacity is 4,856. I'm guessing 50 points as initial threshold :thumbsup: 

At the rate it's going they're not going to have much time to deal with phases! Hopefully we'll finally get an announcement today. Since Easter Road dropped to 50 for 1,000 fewer seats I'd guess Fir Park will be less than that. There may be a very small loyalty point window though, given the match is 11 days away. If they can announce it today maybe a loyalty point threshold until Monday and then general sale.

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

At the rate it's going they're not going to have much time to deal with phases! Hopefully we'll finally get an announcement today. Since Easter Road dropped to 50 for 1,000 fewer seats I'd guess Fir Park will be less than that. There may be a very small loyalty point window though, given the match is 11 days away. If they can announce it today maybe a loyalty point threshold until Monday and then general sale.

At this rate, they'll need to drop the 'post' option!

12 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Where do I change bud?

Coatbridge Sunny side for Coatbridge Central. Or stay on and change at Partick.

Forget Partick and Coatbridge. You can change at Airdrie.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I wish they would hurry up and announce when these will go on sale.

Really looking forward to it!

#upforthecup

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

At this rate, they'll need to drop the 'post' option!

You have to wonder why it's taken so long. TV announcement was made a week ago.

1 minute ago, JamboJen said:

You have to wonder why it's taken so long. TV announcement was made a week ago.

Is it not something to do with awaiting tickets to arrive from Motherwell?

However, got a feeling it'll be a free for all at this rate.

Just now, neilnunb said:

Maybe wanting to get Hibs tickets mostly done first. 

...a bit disco
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe wanting to get Hibs tickets mostly done first. 

Should be pretty much done by now.

Wasn't much left when I bought mine yesterday.

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Coatbridge Sunny side for Coatbridge Central. Or stay on and change at Partick.

Forget Partick and Coatbridge. You can change at Airdrie.

Thanks John that sounds like a plan ??

33 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Oh yeah, sorry, my post was completely aimed at the Motherwell end of operations but I stopped short of typing "maybe they've delayed it as long as possible to try and minimise the away support" because that's probably a bit unfair on them. Don't blame our TO at all for this, as they've tweeted, they're still waiting on the tickets arriving from Motherwell. That's the delay I'm questioning.

chester copperpot
35 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Thanks John that sounds like a plan ??

No trains go from Airdrie to Motherwell mate. Need to get off Coatbridge Sunnyside and do a min walk to Coatbrige Central and get the train heading to Wishaw

Don't head into Weej as will take you ages and you will need to walk from Queen st to Central and that's a much bigger walk than the Coatbridge one.

You're welcome

P.s home match for me almost so Cannae wait

14 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

What’s  the transport situation from Livingston to fir park anyone know? Can’t see a direct train, might get a lift through but wondering what options there are if anyone knows? 

You would be far quicker coming into Haymarket and going direct to Motherwell. Train from Haymarket at 12.21 gets to Motherwell at 12.59. 

What's Motherwell like for pubs?

Not much of a drinker so don't usually bother but my two mates I'm going with are pissheads. Been a while since I was through there.

2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

No trains go from Airdrie to Motherwell mate. Need to get off Coatbridge Sunnyside and do a min walk to Coatbrige Central and get the train heading to Wishaw

Don't head into Weej as will take you ages and you will need to walk from Queen st to Central and that's a much bigger walk than the Coatbridge one.

You're welcome

P.s home match for me almost so Cannae wait

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You would be far quicker coming into Haymarket and going direct to Motherwell. Train from Haymarket at 12.21 gets to Motherwell at 12.59. 

Thanks for the info lads, will try livi Hearts bus but not holding out much hope as expecting it to be full, will do one of they options above if it’s full, cheers ??

Hearts still haven't received tickets from motherwell as of 2pm this afternoon!!!

Guy at the ticket office didn't seem to think there would be an announcement until they got them from Motherwell.

5 minutes ago, ceefax said:

Hearts still haven't received tickets from motherwell as of 2pm this afternoon!!!

Guy at the ticket office didn't seem to think there would be an announcement until they got them from Motherwell.

It's cutting it fine, I reckon they will have to fire them right on general as they are running it close to phase them.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Thanks for the info lads, will try livi Hearts bus but not holding out much hope as expecting it to be full, will do one of they options above if it’s full, cheers ??

I've even done year job for ya. Return is about 14quid off peak 

Screenshot_20180221-155350.png

31 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Didn’t realise you were a fan of curling ?

been here before
2 minutes ago, ceefax said:

Maybe just getting all Michael Gardyne about the result.

chester copperpot
19 minutes ago, ceefax said:

Errr it Was for the Winter Olympics thread. Honest :peepwall:

August Landmesser
23 minutes ago, ceefax said:

Oh, Canada...

:ruiner:

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

You are some man ? cheers for that buddy ?? Now who is Rachel Homan ? (off to google I go) ?

edit, no bad I must say but prefer Eve Muirhead ?

I'm hoping the tickets are released soon, planning on going into Haymarket from Livi North and going back out the other way to Motherwell if i train it, though i may drive.

What's the pubs like through there? That's probably the dealbreaker. 

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

You are some man ? cheers for that buddy ?? Now who is Rachel Homan ? (off to google I go) ?

edit, no bad I must say but prefer Eve Muirhead ?

Its sometimes cheaper to buy a return to haymarket and a return from haymarket to motherwell

2 hours ago, Fandango said:

It's cutting it fine, I reckon they will have to fire them right on general as they are running it close to phase them.

Just Hibs games been loyally points recently

General sale it will be 

chester copperpot
53 minutes ago, KnightyJambo said:

I'm hoping the tickets are released soon, planning on going into Haymarket from Livi North and going back out the other way to Motherwell if i train it, though i may drive.

What's the pubs like through there? That's probably the dealbreaker. 

Normally go to the bowling club just next to the ground but will be taking the car with me this time with it being a Sunday kick off sadly

I seem to remember waiting for the ticket announcement when we went there in August or September only for them to decide pretty late on that it was cash at the gate for everybody. Surely they have to issue tickets this time given the probable higher demand. How long does it take to print tickets, would have thought it would only need somebody to press a button once they had selected 'Whole Stand' and made sure there was enough tickets loaded into the printer.  

7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

What's Motherwell like for pubs?

Not much of a drinker so don't usually bother but my two mates I'm going with are pissheads. Been a while since I was through there.

Try their own social club just over the road from the ground, very welcoming and if you keep your raffle ticket you can get back in after the game. Mind you might be different for the cup tie as opposed to league games. 

46 minutes ago, john5698 said:

Try their own social club just over the road from the ground, very welcoming and if you keep your raffle ticket you can get back in after the game. Mind you might be different for the cup tie as opposed to league games. 

Cheers :)  will mention it to the others.

On 20/02/2018 at 22:36, jamtartan74 said:

Livi South gets you to Motherwell changing at Bellshill. 

Motherwell have had their tickets on sale since last Saturday for this game. Strange they haven’t sent our allocation over sooner. 

Archived