New Striker?

kimosavi

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Levein said that he's looking for a striker that knows the scottish game or a league similar. 

Can we narrow this down? Can't be too many known free agent players that have played regularly in Scotland (to a decent level). We should start there. 

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Irish striker with a bit of a rep I'm hearing.

No,  not Anthony Stokes but Shane Annigans.

Sounds promising but what if he's only coming here hoping to get up to no good in the big city.

Just now, Greedy_Jambo said:

Levein said that he's looking for a striker that knows the scottish game or a league similar. 

Can we narrow this down? Can't be too many known players that have played regularly in Scotland. We should start there. 

as long as its no Stokes!

Connor Sammon has just rattled the post. "how on earth did that stay out!!"

Have we made Partick Thistle an offer? lol

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

4 pages of absolute chronic drivel 

Just opened up the thread hoping that there might be some news and see our resident doom monger is back to his worst.  He must have got his mojo back after the disappointment of us kicking the vermin's arse in the cup tie.

2 minutes ago, bazman said:

Zeefuik, Michael higdon, Dominique malonga are a few free agents who have played in scotland

It's got to be Higdon. 

That was the name i was trying to remember. 

Edit: he's 34... 

Hope it's no him now!

Stupid Sexy Flanders
7 minutes ago, bazman said:

Zeefuik, Michael higdon, Dominique malonga are a few free agents who have played in scotland

I remember Malonga being quite good for Hibs was he no?

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, Rents said:

Hearing rumours of some boy from Mauritius this will probably be nonesense though.

Mustapha Jambutti?

There' s a post on rumours  site , it mentions Dominique da Silva he's from Mauritania. That may be the source of your whispers

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Mustapha Jambutti?

Doubt he would bring home the bacon 

6 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

There' s a post on rumours  site , it mentions Dominique da Silva he's from Mauritania. That may be the source of your whispers

He looks decent on YouTube get him signed lol

11 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We almost certainly won't be signing anyone from Mauritania (or Mauritius) because they're require a work permit.

Fair point this boy does have 4 caps does that help?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We almost certainly won't be signing anyone from Mauritania (or Mauritius) because they're require a work permit.

Could hold a French passport?

Captain Canada

A new striker would give everyone a boost ahead of Saturday. It would be good to have the option of throwing in an unknown quantity given we just played them last week. 

We still need to provide better service though. Stockton scored a great header for Carlisle at the weekend because the free kick into the box was a quality one. 

23 minutes ago, Rents said:

Fair point this boy does have 4 caps does that help?

4 caps for a poor national team. He has no chance of getting one. Even if he did, the time and effort required would probably put us off.

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Could hold a French passport?

Doesn't look like it.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ill Ray said:

I remember Malonga being quite good for Hibs was he no?

Was ok in the Championship, if I remember correctly he was a thinner version of Isma.

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Just opened up the thread hoping that there might be some news and see our resident doom monger is back to his worst.  He must have got his mojo back after the disappointment of us kicking the vermin's arse in the cup tie.

You taking this off topic my old mucker...

There are people policing matters on here

On topic - sounds like possible progress on incoming striker which is encouraging 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Leon Best maybe

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

An offer has been put in. That's all I know.

Good to know there’s something happening and seemingly quickly, as if we don’t get a striker in on free soon then we’ll have so few games left it’ll seem strange to bring in anyone at all. Here’s hoping we hear more over the next few days, and more so that it’ll be news we’re happy with rather then news that produces a shoulder shrug.

Anichebe has some seriously grim stats. Genuinely would rather have Zeefuik. Its back up we're talking for Lafferty anyway, so why break the bank on a useless striker? Put any free cash to keeping Mclaughlin.

Thankfully its probably nonsense.

rudi must stay
Just now, OTT said:

Anichebe has some seriously grim stats. Genuinely would rather have Zeefuik. Its back up we're talking for Lafferty anyway, so why break the bank on a useless striker? Put any free cash to keeping Mclaughlin.

Thankfully its probably nonsense.

He's a very strong player. He improved dramatically a few years ago for Everton. I would be quite happy if he signed

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

So long as its not that German striker that was linked with H1b5 under Terry Butcher, think he was called Jurgen Doon.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He's a very strong player. He improved dramatically a few years ago for Everton. I would be quite happy if he signed

wasn't he really injury prone?

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Perhaps but he doesn't score goals

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Too many grammar snobs on heer.

Haha indeed you would think that the important think was to remember its a football forum for Hearts fans and weirdies. Maybe its an ocd thing who nose... ?

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe we are at a level he just might. 

Didn't really in China. I know there’s a lot of money being spent over there, but it’s not being spent on defenders or goalkeepers. Saying that, even as recently as when he was with Sunderland he was putting in proper shifts and causing havoc for defences. He’s not really a striker but a supporting forward. Plays with his back to goal to bring others in and not in the slightest bit selfish, which could go down really well at our level. (Whether a forward not scoring goals would go down well with the fans in the stands is another matter...)

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Theres only one resident doom monger on here ??

Anichebe is one of those players I'd watch play and wonder how on earth he was playing in the Premiership. Obviously he's effective as a hold-up player and is strong as an ox. But he is a very limited footballer and was part of some absolutely honking (and attritional) Sunderland sides. Honestly don't think he'd stand out much in our league. 

48 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha indeed you would think that the important think was to remember its a football forum for Hearts fans and weirdies. Maybe its an ocd thing who nose... ?

Too true.

JamboCampbell

If an offer has went in that would suggest buying someone but we are out the window? So are we talking a contract offer to a free agent?

jamboinglasgow
Just now, JamboCampbell said:

If an offer has went in that would suggest buying someone but we are out the window? So are we talking a contract offer to a free agent?

I took it as an offer of a contract. Though I can imagine we would be competing against other clubs.

Contract offer in for 1 player. Notts is ahead of me, I dont have a name yet. Won't be with us before weekend.

Selkirkhmfc1874
56 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Contract offer in for 1 player. Notts is ahead of me, I dont have a name yet. Won't be with us before weekend.

As of other day Craig levein was hopeful of having striker signed in time for Saturdays game , straight from horses mouth 

I'd like it to be that guy there was speculation about in the summer who suffered from irritable vowel syndrome.

Don't care if he's any good.  Just want to hear pundits trying to pronounce his name.

Arthur Morgan

I would take Anichebe. I reckon he would do well at this level. He was part of that shite Sunderland side but that's still a high level he was playing at and he seemed a handful in some of the games he played for them.

The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Two players, both foreign but neither would be available for game at weekend. 

Archived