New Striker?

kimosavi

45 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Hibs didn't employ a manager a short time ago who was allowed to bring in a multitude of inadequate unsuitable players. We did. We are sorting it. Takes time and is not a worry for me. 

Our issues imo ran a bit deeper than what Cathro was and wasn't allowed to do 

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

This will only transpire if we can fill the stadium. There is no evidence to date that we are close to achieving that 

I think the additional couple of thousand fans capacity is secondary to getting the corporate facilities up to standard in terms of extra revenue coming in. 

Yes a capacity of 19,000-20,000 will bring in more cash then when we were at 17,000 but the up-keep on the old main stand along with the much poorer corporate facilities means that our available spend on the team will go up by much more then just what an extra 2,000 fans would bring in.

52 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Rather worrying that Hibs are seemingly in better shape for a top 4 finish than we are given where the respective clubs have been for the past couple of years.  

As for the cup, a good cup run is massive for us. We have made next to nothing out of the cups in the last few years. If we play as we did last Saturday and are as coy in our approach, we could have problems this coming weekend 

Back to your obsession with Hibs.  It makes me wonder who you actually support.

Then you go on about the cup being massive for us: you predicted extinction if we we didn't knock Hibs out.  Why don't you just give it a rest.

The thread is about a new striker.

14 minutes ago, Spencer said:

This will only transpire if we can fill the stadium. There is no evidence to date that we are close to achieving that 

To date our home attendance is over the 20k mark, due to a couple of games at Murrayfield.

Checked it after the weekends game.

Of course the Murrayfield thing was something different for people  so shouldn't really be considered.

I think we will be close to selling out most games in the next 12-18 months, unless it all goes spectacularly wrong.

20 minutes ago, Spencer said:

How long since the stand was opened?

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Then you go on about the cup being massive for us: you predicted extinction if we we didn't knock Hibs out.  Why don't you just give it a rest.

Here is the self styled JKB police. Can you tell me off the top of your head when we last took 7 points from trips to Ibrox and Parkhead in a single season? This place would be a jizzfest if we won twice at Ibrox in a season 

Saturday is massive for us Al. Cup runs are huge given the revenue you generate if you reach the latter stages. That is something our neighbours have done with considerably greater regularity than we have in the period since May 2012 

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

How long since the stand was opened?

I appreciate that. I sit in the Wheatfield and it is very evident from my vantage point that significant empty spaces exist in the new main stand 

Here is the self styled JKB police. Can you tell me off the top of your head when we last took 7 points from trips to Ibrox and Parkhead in a single season? This place would be a jizzfest if we won twice at Ibrox in a season 

Saturday is massive for us Al. Cup runs are huge given the revenue you generate if you reach the latter stages. That is something our neighbours have done with considerably greater regularity than we have in the period since May 2012 

Who cares?

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

The thread is about a new striker though Spencer. Yet you have managed to turn it into a thread about how wonderful Hibs are........

I appreciate that. I sit in the Wheatfield and it is very evident from my vantage point that significant empty spaces exist in the new main stand 

So if you appreciate that, why are you still moaning about empty seats? Either you do or you don't?

I’m not going to disagree with you about the cup. I hope there’s a real boldness about us come Saturday.

That the hunger is building to really do something in the cup like it did in 2012. We can’t afford to be apprehensive.

As for top 4 it’s still wide open. We are on a relatively good run despite the defeat to Celtic. Hibs are still nicking points but there’ll be more pressure to come with 2 derbies and the split fixtures.

If we are in touching distance come the split it’s all to play for.

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Careful, he will go running to the mods if you accuse him of being a hobo. The fact his posts are always praising hibs and slagging Hearts are just coincidence

Just now, Notts1874 said:

The thread is about a new striker though Spencer. Yet you have managed to turn it into a thread about how wonderful Hibs are........

Well, that was a disappointment of a post when I seen that you had just replied :lol:

5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

This is a thread about a new striker. It’s not about Hibs and how well they do against the OF. We know you think cup runs are massive because you pretty much told us throughout December and January that the end was nigh if we lost to Hibs in the cup. Unless our new striker is coming from ER or has a strong connection to them why don’t you just go and start your own new thread about your favourite wee team. 

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Who cares?

About what? Generating much needed revenue from a cup run? That lot taking 7 points from their trips to a Glasgow and sitting coincidentally 7 points above us? 

I care tbh. I would rather like to finish above them this and any season for that matter. Given the level they've played at for the last 3 years I did have aspirations that we might finish above them year

Just now, Spencer said:

About what? Generating much needed revenue from a cup run? That lot taking 7 points from their trips to a Glasgow and sitting coincidentally 7 points above us? 

I care tbh. I would rather like to finish above them this and any season for that matter. Given the level they've played at for the last 3 years I did have aspirations that we might finish above them year

Did you like losing to Hearts in the cup?

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

This is a thread about a new striker. It’s not about Hibs and how well they do against the OF. We know you think cup runs are massive because you pretty much told us throughout December and January that the end was nigh if we lost to Hibs in the cup. Unless our new striker is coming from ER or has a strong connection to them why don’t you just go and start your own new thread about your favourite wee team. 

If we progress deep into this competition it will allow recruitment to be facilitated 

It's all inextricably linked 

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT A NEW STRIKER. IT HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WHAT HIBS HAVE OR HAVENT DONE IN GLASGOW.

You're obsessed man..........

5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You say that like you expected several thousand ‘sleeping’ supporters to just suddenly rush to Tynecastle again overnight. It’s going to take years of numerous combined factors to persuade that extra few thousand bodies to turn up every other week.

3 hours ago, Locky said:

We’ve proven before the January transfer window that we can go toe to toe with the best. This team could win the cup but as we all know it’s a bit pot luck sometimes.

As for the league, there’s not much to aim for. I’d love to finish 4th ahead of Hibs, but that could involve qualifying for Europe which we’re not ready for.

Indeed we can, but with Lafferty or Naismith, or even both out the side we are going to be sadly lacking in striking options.

We might get away with it this Saturday but if we progress past this round we will need alternatives for when the likely suspensions and injuries hit.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT A NEW STRIKER. IT HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WHAT HIBS HAVE OR HAVENT DONE IN GLASGOW.

You're obsessed man..........

I ignored you the first time. Thanks for the capitals though :thumbsup:

Any news on a new striker keeping it strictly on topic? 

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

If you read what I put I also said previous to the Celtic game at home. Each to there own but I'm not overly impressed with Lafferty up till now.

You are correct, each to their own, whilst I don't think Lafferty has set the heather on fire, more to do with how we play him in my opinion, I think his work rate is good and his goals to appearances ratio is pretty good. Anyway this new striker?

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think we need to chip in and get Spenny a ride! 

I'm just fine my friend. Just looking forward to hopefully being in the pot for the next round ckme Saturday at 17.00

It will require a better performance than last Saturday I sense 

I ignored you the first time. Thanks for the capitals though :thumbsup:

Any news on a new striker keeping it strictly on topic? 

Glad I eventually got your attention.

Big time. 

On topic - any news? 

Nope. I will let you get back to talking about your favourite subject now.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

It would appear that the coaching staff don't share your opinion and Zanatta is out on loan (again) for a reason.  I have never seen anything from him that makes me think he will be a first team player for us. 

I don’t want to take anything away from Antony Macdonald, because he is a very exciting player reminds me very much of Ryan Gauld, however I have watched Dario at Raith & Queens Park much lower standard but been the best of a poor bunch good with both feet developed more physically can cross a ball and can certainly drive past players. In all honesty we can’t really say he’s been given the same chance to prove himself this year as the others have and with the attack being very thin I beleive he would of been a very positive option from the bench better player than Euan Henderson & Lewis Moore, for sure Anthony still very raw but showing all the right signs. Dario has had more experience than them all deserves a run of games.

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Nope. I will let you get back to talking about your favourite subject now.

Worry not. I've been well and truly put in my place 

Subservient as they come me :thumbsup:

Just now, Spencer said:

Worry not. I've been well and truly put in my place 

Hibs as they come me :thumbsup:

FTFY

Again as someone has said goalkeeper is not a position to feck around with we all know the importance of having a good keeper Gordon, Niemi ect so why the club would only offer Jon ( if true) an extension to his contract with no increase in salary is baffling.

1 minute ago, sam? said:

brilliant thread !!!!!!

Hearts fans complaining about only having Lafferty and Naismith upfront !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's more about recognising the problems we'd have if we lost one or both of them for a crucial cup tie.

3 minutes ago, micole said:

Again as someone has said goalkeeper is not a position to feck around with we all know the importance of having a good keeper Gordon, Niemi ect so why the club would only offer Jon ( if true) an extension to his contract with no increase in salary is baffling.

Sorry meant to be in the Jon McLaughlin thread ?

5 minutes ago, sam? said:

brilliant thread !!!!!!

Hearts fans complaining about only having Lafferty and Naismith upfront !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be silly.

3 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

I think it's more about recognising the problems we'd have if we lost one or both of them for a crucial cup tie.

And I'm fairly certain it's something Levein has considered too.

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

And I'm fairly certain it's something Levein has considered too.

Hope so.

23 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'm just fine my friend. Just looking forward to hopefully being in the pot for the next round ckme Saturday at 17.00

It will require a better performance than last Saturday I sense 

I think we all are hoping we progress to the quarter finals of the cup. 

We were awful at the weekend but we still won. 

What are you complaining about now? 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

The 6 additional points that Hibs have taken away from trips to Parkhead and Ibrox this season will most likely be pivotal. They have played twice at each venue whilst we have only been to Ibrox once (and parked the bus big time) 

Can't see us being anything other than 5th this year. 

Could be.

I wouldn't give up just yet tho.

All to play for, a new striker vill help.

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I think we all are hoping we progress to the quarter finals of the cup. 

We were awful at the weekend but we still won. 

What are you complaining about now? 

I'm not complaining :thumbsup:

Need to be better on Saturday though 

8 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Could be.

I wouldn't give up just yet tho.

All to play for, a new striker vill help.

A couple of months ago some thought we were about to fall into a relegation battle and had very little, if no, chance of top 6. Now we are in a good position for top 6 and 4th is a possibility.  Still a good chunk of the season to go and, while we undoubtedly lack depth up front, I’m looking forward to the rest of the season to see what we can achieve. Obviously, I expect some bumps on the way but will hold on to my hat. 

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'm not complaining :thumbsup:

Need to be better on Saturday though 

I enjoy your different point of views. However you seem far too intelligent to just state the bleeding obvious a lot of the time. 

59 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Aye, the 11k to 12k currently turning up, for run of the mill games, must be a worry for the Club hierarchy in regards to next years Season Ticket sales. They might have to go some during the summer transfer window to reach 14k again, especially considering the number of loanees we now have in the squad.

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I doon't give a sh*t about about Ibrox or Parkhead on this thread nor is it relevant what Hibs have done on a regular basis.  You seem to be a prophet of doom re Hearts and will try anything to move threads towards your dismal dreary negative views

This thread is about a new striker.  Take your dross elsewhere.

Not sure why there seems to be a pant wetting session going on about a lack of strikers.  We only play one up front and have Naismish as back up. If the right player was available in January, I'm sure we'd have made an enquiry. There is no point in panicking about getting in a bench warmer.

If we lose Laff and Naismith there are plenty attacking players still in the squad.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Not sure why there seems to be a pant wetting session going on about a lack of strikers.  We only play one up front and have Naismish as back up. If the right player was available in January, I'm sure we'd have made an enquiry. There is no point in panicking about getting in a bench warmer.

If we lose Laff and Naismith there are plenty attacking players still in the squad.

I think the issue arose because CL was quoted as saying we hoped to have an out of contract striker in within 2 or 3 days and while the lack of cover may not be terminal it gives options in team selection and from the bench.

At the risk of being shut down, I still think we should have kept at least one of our loaned-out strikers at Tynecastle as back up.

The chances of us now signing a free agent who is of higher quality and fully match fit seem vanishingly small based on recent experience.

Archived