Jump to content
kimosavi

New Striker?

Recommended Posts

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m sure they have had a few breaks along the way over the last four years. Very rich owner helps as well. 

I didnt know they did have a rich owner, apologies. Didn't read that in any of the articles about that. Do you know how much they've spent? I was under the impression they hadn't spent any money at all. All seemed very organically grown. However one interesting reference point for us. Their turnover is less than ours, so there is hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnmitchell
46 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I didnt know they did have a rich owner, apologies. Didn't read that in any of the articles about that. Do you know how much they've spent? I was under the impression they hadn't spent any money at all. All seemed very organically grown. However one interesting reference point for us. Their turnover is less than ours, so there is hope!

 

The story of Ostersund, definitely not a rich club by any stretch of the imagination. 

 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11960/11166789/who-are-ostersunds-the-story-of-arsenal8217s-europa-league-opponents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalstonjambo
1 minute ago, johnmitchell said:

 

The story of Ostersund, definitely not a rich club by any stretch of the imagination. 

 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11960/11166789/who-are-ostersunds-the-story-of-arsenal8217s-europa-league-opponents

Thanks. To be fair I was trying to be polite to the other poster as I'd read a lot about them, and completely disagreed with the points he was making but wanted to give him a  chance to prove his points. The guardian feature on them a while back also excellent.

They aren't rich, it's not a rich owner buying success, and they certainly aren't lucky. We should be looking at how we can replicate elements of it though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoGwash
10 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

This: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-recall-on-loan-youngsters-for-spain-trip-1-4657715

 

Unless I am reading this wrong, we recalled them for the spain trip (unless their initial loans all expired)

That's because it was January and during the transfer window. We can't recall any loanees outside a window so Keena, Zanatta etc are away for the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
50 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I didnt know they did have a rich owner, apologies. Didn't read that in any of the articles about that. Do you know how much they've spent? I was under the impression they hadn't spent any money at all. All seemed very organically grown. However one interesting reference point for us. Their turnover is less than ours, so there is hope!

Daniel Kindberg - real estate magnate. When he came in their turnover was £300k, today it’s £5.5m and it’s not come from gate receipts. Don’t know how much they have spent on players but their striker is much sought after so they will be in good shape financially without any further help from him. 

Edited by soonbe110

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalstonjambo
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Daniel Kindberg - real estate magnate. When he came in their turnove4 was £300k, today it’s £5.5m and it’s not come fr9m gate receipts. Don’t know how much they have spent on players but their striker is much sought after 

That's my point though. It's not from spending. It's from growing through the leagues. They average 4,500 now. We average 16k and our turnover was £9m in the championship. They won the swedish cup. As a previous poster has pointed out. Read up on them. This is nothing to do with a rich owner spending. 

Edit - they averaged 6,000 last season. Sorry.

Edited by Dalstonjambo
fact change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Daniel Kindberg - real estate magnate. When he came in their turnover was £300k, today it’s £5.5m and it’s not come from gate receipts. Don’t know how much they have spent on players but their striker is much sought after so they will be in good shape financially without any further help from him. 

 

Thats incredible! I wonder if any of it could be replicated over here? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EIEIO
3 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

It’s a bit more than luck tbf to these guys. They beat galatasary in the qualifiers and got through a group with athletic bilbao in it. We are more than a bit of luck away from that. 

Read an article about this mob they were in the Swedish 4th division in 2010 even last year when they won the Swedish cup their turnover was £5 million ie half of ours. Probably like dundalk  before them a one off but it gives me hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
11 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

That's my point though. It's not from spending. It's from growing through the leagues. They average 4,500 now. We average 16k and our turnover was £9m in the championship. They won the swedish cup. As a previous poster has pointed out. Read up on them. This is nothing to do with a rich owner spending. 

Edit - they averaged 6,000 last season. Sorry.

That’s my point as well. Over the course of Kindbergs time their average home attendance has been in the 60-70,000 per season. It’s now about 120,000 per season. That doesn’t fund much. I didn’t say he has spent lots of money on transfer fees. However the growth in their turnover from £300k to £5m in 2016/17 is what’s enabled them to continually build their team and infrastructure and keep climbing leagues. The turnover increase was driven not by gate receipts but by commercial deals and equity injections. Guess whose business interests and business associates were behind the commercial deals? And guess who has made the bulk of the equity injections? 

Dont get me wrong, I think it’s a great story and the similarities to Hearts under Budge are  pretty eerie to be honest. His goal is Champions League (almost typed CL) by 2020. Will they beat us to it?

Edited by soonbe110

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnmitchell

It's one of those rare success stories that is genuinely awe inspiring, their increase in turnover is purely down to natural growth and comes with the territory of natural growth, it's brilliant to see! 

 

I always used to chuckle at the thought of approaching Ostersund for their manager before Levein took over, because then we would have Graham Potter and Harry Potter :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalstonjambo
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s my point as well. Over the course of Kindbergs time their average home attendance has been in the 60-70,000 per season. It’s now about 120,000 per season. That doesn’t fund much. I didn’t say he has spent lots of money on transfer fees. However the growth in their turnover from £300k to £5m in 2016/17 is what’s enabled them to continually build their team and infrastructure and keep climbing leagues. The turnover increase was driven not by gate receipts but by commercial deals and equity injections. Guess whose business interests and business associates were behind the commercial deals? And guess who has made the bulk of the equity injections? 

Dont get me wrong, I think it’s a great story and the similarities to Hearts under Budge are  pretty eerie to be honest. His goal is Champions League (almost typed CL) by 2020. Will they beat us to it?

Understood.  I wasn't aware he'd put any extra money in at all.

With regards to your question, hopefully not, almost certainly yes. They will probably double their turnover from their europa league adventure this year. Don't see us beating galatasary, hertha berlin and bilbao unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

Understood.  I wasn't aware he'd put any extra money in at all.

With regards to your question, hopefully not, almost certainly yes. They will probably double their turnover from their europa league adventure this year. Don't see us beating galatasary, hertha berlin and bilbao unfortunately. 

And player sales that will more than double it again. Their big challenge is retaining Potter. Never thought I’d see the day when I could excited about Billy Reid being in a key position at Tynie but I’d take Potter and Reid when Levein decides to go back upstairs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clark Griswold
2 hours ago, HoGwash said:

That's because it was January and during the transfer window. We can't recall any loanees outside a window so Keena, Zanatta etc are away for the season.

My bad then mate if that's the case, apologies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

And player sales that will more than double it again. Their big challenge is retaining Potter. Never thought I’d see the day when I could excited about Billy Reid being in a key position at Tynie but I’d take Potter and Reid when Levein decides to go back upstairs. 

Why should Levein go back upstairs. He's young enough to go on for years. I don't want another gamble on another inexperienced Head Coach. Hearts are too big a club for another CATHRO disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoGwash
8 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

My bad then mate if that's the case, apologies. 

No probs CG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dayman
15 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Why should Levein go back upstairs. He's young enough to go on for years. I don't want another gamble on another inexperienced Head Coach. Hearts are too big a club for another CATHRO disaster.

Are you comparing potter to Cathro? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
5 hours ago, Dayman said:

Are you comparing potter to Cathro? 

Potter ? Who's Potter ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brux
5 hours ago, Dayman said:

Are you comparing potter to Cathro? 

Never heard a hearts fan calling CL potter before

Edited by brux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EreWeG0..

Potter that's in charge of the Hertz?

 

:vrface:

 

Edited by EreWeG0..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dayman
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Potter ? Who's Potter ?

 

2 hours ago, brux said:

Never heard a hearts fan calling CL potter before

 

1 hour ago, EreWeG0.. said:

Potter that's in charge of the Hertz?

 

:vrface:

 

 

On 2/16/2018 at 05:38, soonbe110 said:

And player sales that will more than double it again. Their big challenge is retaining Potter. Never thought I’d see the day when I could excited about Billy Reid being in a key position at Tynie but I’d take Potter and Reid when Levein decides to go back upstairs. 

As you lot can’t read here is the quote that Mitch replied to. “Soon be” stated he’d take potter and Reid at tynie. Mitch stated that he doesn’t want another gamble on an inexperienced head coach like cathro. (bearing in mind he’s replying to a post about potter replacing Levein so im assumming he’s calling potter inexperienced and comparing him to cathro) . You literally replied to a post about graham potter and then asked who potter was after I questioned you about it. Did you quote the wrong person or something?! 

Edited by Dayman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1874robbo

Hope this guy is decent and ready to go!!! We are seriously short in this department 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Hope this guy is decent and ready to go!!! We are seriously short in this department 

Now short with Djoum out also 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×