• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, the_jailer said:

Looks decent on YouTube 

Stats look terrible on wiki

The duality of online player scouting

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

He could be recommended by Danny our new winger?

It is a very interesting first name....

Our resident bigots and racists will have a field day with this guy.

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

I wouldn't say terrible. He's had a few loans spells where he's been less than prolific but averaged a goal roughly every 3 games in his first spell at Molde and a goal every 2 games in his loan at Odd. Averages about 1 in 4 throughout his career. Bearing in mind we aren't going to pick up goal a game strikers for free in mid February I think he'd do fine to flesh out the squad until the end of the season then go from there. 

4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Thought the same when seen the stats. Then had a look for him on YouTube and he looks like he could do a job

That's the beauty of siting on our computer chairs judging players.

Scoring stats on wiki tell you virtually nothing about his other attributes

Youtube highlight reels, don't show you that time he failed to trap a slow 5 yard pass or hit row Z with a shot

Just now, Dazo said:

Because a player said so. 

Excellent. That's certainly encouraging then. Glad to hear things are happening ?

5 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/oddbjorn-skartun/profil/spieler/61894

There's also this guy, Oddbjorn Skartun, decent scoring record albeit in Norway's second tier. 

Deary me.  I thought the last name was a stoater but this is the real deal.  Oddbjorn, but we're not finished improvising yet....Skartun!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Ooh a guessing game. Goody.

Was the player commenting an international?

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Ooh a guessing game. Goody.

Was the player commenting an international?

No guessing games if I had a name I’d say and I’m not commenting on who said so. Several players thought he looked decent. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

No guessing games if I had a name I’d say and I’m not commenting on who said so. Several players thought he looked decent. 

What about the other players? Did any not fancy him?

Italian Lambretta
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What about the other players? Did any not fancy him?

Who cares what the players think it will be the fans who will ultimately decide if he’s any good ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Who cares what the players think it will be the fans who will ultimately decide if he’s any good ?

Fair and valid point :)

32 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yea often in about 3 minutes

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Sometimes you must wonder why you bother mate, ****ing zoomers on here! 

6 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

Sometimes you must wonder why you bother mate, ****ing zoomers on here! 

Really doesnt bother me John we are all entitled to voice an opinion. I remember getting mocked when I posted about how the players felt about Cathro and his training. We all know how that ended.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Really doesnt bother me John we are all entitled to voice an opinion. I remember getting mocked when I posted about how the players felt about Cathro and his training. We all know how that ended.

Any idea why its taking so long to bring someone in?

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Fair and valid point :)

Surely it will be Levein who decides if the fans can Be in s position to find out if he is any good ;)

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No idea mate the info comes from players so regarding what you asked I’d expect them to be the last to know such things. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

No idea mate the info comes from players so regarding what you asked I’d expect them to be the last to know such things. 

Fair enough mate. Glad they think the guy could add to the squad if we decide to go for him.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Fair enough mate. Glad they think the guy could add to the squad if we decide to go for him.

My personal thoughts are we have two international players up top and it’s hard to improve on that with what’s left in the wage bill. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

There are threads upon threads complaining about the quality of our signings.  I think taking a little time is for the best, all things considered.  We seem to have 3 good signings this window - Mitchell, Adao and Naismith.  Compared to what, 1 out of 9 in previous windows?

One of the problems of being low payers in football terms is that if guys fail with us, it's very hard to move them on. 

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

My personal thoughts are we have two international players up top and it’s hard to improve on that with what’s left in the wage bill. 

I said to my son this morning that we likely pushed the boat out with naismith so didnt really think we had the budget for another player. 

See what happens though.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, naeclue said:

There are threads upon threads complaining about the quality of our signings.  I think taking a little time is for the best, all things considered.  We seem to have 3 good signings this window - Mitchell, Adao and Naismith.  Compared to what, 1 out of 9 in previous windows?

One of the problems of being low payers in football terms is that if guys fail with us, it's very hard to move them on. 

Totally agree but given the status of players currently available I had thought if we were going to get someone it would have been done quicker. Thats why I assumed we were just not going to bother now.

16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I said to my son this morning that we likely pushed the boat out with naismith so didnt really think we had the budget for another player. 

See what happens though.

I was chatting to a friend last night and we got to thinking if out of contract players that are in the 20k per week wage bracket would be take be willing to take 5k week? Do players think taking a short term contract with a lesser pay bracket means they then belong to that pay bracket and makes negotiating their next contract harder. 

I would think that Hearts would be a great place for any out of contract player to come for 6 months to get match fit, be in the shop window, and get a bit of money. But maybe they are worried that why will only be seen as SPFL level player. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I was chatting to a friend last night and we got to thinking if out of contract players that are in the 20k per week wage bracket would be take be willing to take 5k week? Do players think taking a short term contract with a lesser pay bracket means they then belong to that pay bracket and makes negotiating their next contract harder. 

I would think that Hearts would be a great place for any out of contract player to come for 6 months to get match fit, be in the shop window, and get a bit of money. But maybe they are worried that why will only be seen as SPFL level player. 

I know what you mean but out of contract player arent in the 20k a week bracket, they are earning F all!

Footballers probably dont think like us commoners when it comes to contracts and salaries though.

12 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

I agree with you on most of your post, but the season has only got just over 3 months to go (less if we don't reach the cup final) so I would assume that we would not be wanting to give anyone a 6 month short term contract when they would only play for 3 of these months.

It is a difficult situation signing players outwith the January window.

Don't think we will see anything this week. We have opted out of our "main" target. Still interest in the other one, but reaching out to agents also so I wouldn't expect anything done this week.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Yeah

the guy mentioned looks plausible as his record suggests he would be third choice but a good supporting player and not too expensive.

thanks for the snippet, it’s frustrating waiting and information genuinely given is always welcome

Clark Griswold

meh. I'd sack it now and recall Zanatta from his Loan and then worry about a Striker in the Summer.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

We don’t need to improve on KL and Naismith....we only need to improve on Henderson. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Good point.

Anyone we get in will Unlikely improve us, but it will give us opshunns!

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

meh. I'd sack it now and recall Zanatta from his Loan and then worry about a Striker in the Summer.

Yip, or any of the young lads.

The only thing is, are these players better of playing regularly or sitting on our bench.

Maybe by playing regularly, we'll have loads of options in a year or two.

Cl always sees the bigger picture.

Jambof3tornado
51 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Don't think we will see anything this week. We have opted out of our "main" target. Still interest in the other one, but reaching out to agents also so I wouldn't expect anything done this week.

Can the main target be named now?

Beginning to think its just not worth bringing someone in now. 

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The only thing is, are these players better of playing regularly or sitting on our bench.

We can’t recall them this season. 

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Can the main target be named now?

Beginning to think its just not worth bringing someone in now. 

Why not? 3 more bookings and Lafferty will miss 2 league games. We need someone decent as back up. Good chance if we go all the way in the cup he’ll miss one of the games too.

Clark Griswold
5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I can't see both Laff and Naisy playing 90 mins every game from now to end of season - injuries, rest etc so they'd be guaranteed a game at some point. 

You're right though, needs to be a measured approach, but with 3 months left of the season, I'm beginning to think youth may be the only viable option.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

We can’t recall them this season. 

We can do what we want!

As  i said, the players will benefit.

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

I can't see both Laff and Naisy playing 90 mins every game from now to end of season - injuries, rest etc so they'd be guaranteed a game at some point. 

You're right though, needs to be a measured approach, but with 3 months left of the season, I'm beginning to think youth may be the only viable option.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a loan signing. 

Archived