New Striker?

kimosavi

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

HOLY CRAP ARE WE ABOUT TO RE-SIGN TONY WATT?

That would be a very odd signing. If Levein thinks he can get him playing then I'll trust him.

But it will be very weird.

My money is on Hibs signing him though. Fits the bill for them being ex-Celtic and ex-Hearts.

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

More likely to be St. Johnstone or Ross County

He is still, according to wikipedia, still at a club. Maybe they terminated his contract like so many other clubs have or wanted to ... such a frustrating player.

I am done with greedy players. Like that Spanish idiot or even Isma. We need team players who won't waste opportunities trying to do everything on their own.

1 minute ago, JJ93 said:

He is still, according to wikipedia, still at a club. Maybe they terminated his contract like so many other clubs have or wanted to ... such a frustrating player.

I am done with greedy players. Like that Spanish idiot or even Isma. We need team players who won't waste opportunities trying to do everything on their own.

The infuriating thing about him is that he can play when he puts his mind to it. That does not happen to often though.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

The infuriating thing about him is that he can play when he puts his mind to it. That does not happen to often though.

I dont remember seeing him play well after Celtic. He can do a trick or two but that’s not the same as playing well. I knew the world keepy up champion but he wouldn’t have got a game for a decent side.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

With one alone in the middle up front, a greedy striker is maybe the answer? HIbs surely don't need another one, Ross County would be my guess

8 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

His club have announced today that they have mutually parted company. 

StevenNaismith

He cannot play for anyone until the summer as he was still at a club when the transfer window closed. At least that’s how I understand the rule?

1 minute ago, Manny1874 said:

His club have announced today that they have mutually parted company. 

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I'll put my money on that he's Scottish so just coming home to Scotland.

That answers that then!!

Another club binning him... 

And we don't want a greedy striker because he won't make passes to other players in better positions and will ultimately cost us the game. Plus he scored once in 16 games for us according to wiki? No thanks. I'd rather have Nade.

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

He cannot play for anyone until the summer as he was still at a club when the transfer window closed. At least that’s how I understand the rule?

Apparently was just released from contract (see above post)

StevenNaismith
Just now, JJ93 said:

Apparently was just released from contract (see above post)

You didn’t read my post properly.

6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I dont remember seeing him play well after Celtic. He can do a trick or two but that’s not the same as playing well. I knew the world keepy up champion but he wouldn’t have got a game for a decent side.

Probably right. He looked ok without being a standout in his first couple of games for us. Downhill at a fast rate of knots thereafter.

Absolute stick on for Hibs 

Ex hearts and ex Celtic 

He was born to play for them 

Delighted with that him and Scott Allan Must have around 40 clubs between the two of them 

Hopeful Hibs Hater
54 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Would take.

As @StevenNaismith has correctly pointed out, Tony Watt has been released from Leuven but the transfer window as all of you are aware in Scotland. Therefore he can’t be registered to play with a new Scottish club until the summer. 

Players need to to be released or free agents before our window closing in order to sign them to play this season.

He’s not a bad footballer by any means. Played far too deep at hearts to be effective and his decision making is poor. He’d be a good option to come on when we are winning the game and he’d be a good option to start at places like Parkhead, Ibrox, Aberdeen and ER where teams aren’t sitting in and defending against us. Basically, I think if he played off the last defender in games or at particular times in games where there is space in behind the defence he would be effective. 

Bazzas right boot

Good player, just very ineffectual v his ability.

Would be better at futsol or 5's.

If he can get a position and be disciplined he could be a really good player , big ask now at his age, tho.

The Lennon history makes him a stick on for hibs.

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Good player, just very ineffectual v his ability.

Would be better at futsol or 5's.

If he can get a position and be disciplined he could be a really good player , big ask now at his age, tho.

The Lennon history makes him a stick on for hibs.

I’m pretty sure him and Lennon don’t like each other.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Tony Watt reminds me of the best player in the primary school team.  He wants to dribble round everyone twice and hit the ball in the top corner.

36 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Tony Watt reminds me of the best player in the primary school team.  He wants to dribble round everyone twice and hit the ball in the top corner.

Id of said the one at school who thinks hes the best player tries to dribble round everyone twice and lash it in and instead gets put on his ass and loses the ball. My opinion of him is he had potential but never lived up to it and could of done well at us but for whatever reason fell away

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Levein seems to get consistency from guys though. Compare Souttar from before to now. Even Djoum and Walker (before going) have looked better.

Wouldn't say no to Watt. Think there is a player in there.

47 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’m pretty sure him and Lennon don’t like each other.

Believe this to be the case. Partly why after his Barca goal he was loaned out I believe.

letsalllaughathobos

The way we are playing Tony watt would fit much better, 

We where not a good unit the last time but this time he would do a job, 

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

I disagree. He would play his own game, head down and not part of the team like he did last time

3 hours ago, JJ93 said:

If he's predicting seethe it would surely be Hibs or Rangers he's signing for. After that, us, although I don't think our fans got on his back much. Signing for any other Scottish club wouldn't really wind anyone up.

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I disagree. He would play his own game, head down and not part of the team like he did last time

Levein wouldn't stand for that. He likes pretty reliable players who do what they're asked or try to at least, eg Bauben.

6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

My concern is he's just one of those players no manager can get through to.

I really liked Watt. His movement over the pitch is of a level players toil to handle in Scottish football but as pointed out he doesn't use it efficiently as he should.

His finishing wasn't the best either but most see him as a carrier from deep. Is that what we need right now? 

Would rather see a forward coming in who's natural style is to get in and around the box trying to look for chances.  

More importantly I just think Watt lacks mentally. We're building a solid attitude, resilience and a will to win. Last thing we need is an unpredictable player and wonder what one is going to turn up.

Seethe implies the Hun.

Hearts to Hibs given he was only with us for 6 months and the Celtic - Hibs love in would hardly create a rumble.

Next seethe would be back to us IMO - he would expect us to be grumpy after failing last time

I’d happily see what’s a Levein could

do with him for 4 months. We’ve had much less talented attackers play for us.

Golf clubs, new stand at the ready!

I'm pretty sure the general opinion was last chance saloon time for him when he signed on loan wasn't it ?!

23 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Cant see it sorry.

Team currently have a great work ethic and togetherness that CL and his team have worked hard to instill.

Watt would wreck that in about 5 minutes, with his selfish play and attitude

A definite no from me.Better at Fester Road.

Last time he was with us he wasn’t a very good role model for our young players, let’s just say his attitude to training left a lot to be desired!!

with all the young guys around the first team at the moment I’d pretty much guarantee Craig Levein won’t want him anywhere near!!

id be amazed if he were to return to us.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Cant see it sorry.

Team currently have a great work ethic and togetherness that CL and his team have worked hard to instill.

Watt would wreck that in about 5 minutes, with his selfish play and attitude

A definite no from me.Better at Fester Road.

I think that's harsh. My take was he was genuinely trying to make things happen for the team when others weren't.

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

I think that's harsh. My take was he was genuinely trying to make things happen for the team when others weren't.

Possibly but...

Is his rumoured poor attitude to training etc something we want to expose (ok Jonno I know) our young impressionable players to.

Just now, socrates82 said:

It would be astonishing if he waited until just after the window to get his contract cancelled, thus meaning he can't earn any money for the rest of the season!

Its says they agreed to part ways but mutual consent.....they may well have agreed a severance package.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Its says they agreed to part ways but mutual consent.....they may well have agreed a severance package.

Possibly but then why not do that before the window shuts so he can get a club? The club loses money and a player and the player loses income and fitness.

Archived