New Striker?

kimosavi

3 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

It’s a bit more than luck tbf to these guys. They beat galatasary in the qualifiers and got through a group with athletic bilbao in it. We are more than a bit of luck away from that. 

Read an article about this mob they were in the Swedish 4th division in 2010 even last year when they won the Swedish cup their turnover was £5 million ie half of ours. Probably like dundalk  before them a one off but it gives me hope.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

That's my point though. It's not from spending. It's from growing through the leagues. They average 4,500 now. We average 16k and our turnover was £9m in the championship. They won the swedish cup. As a previous poster has pointed out. Read up on them. This is nothing to do with a rich owner spending. 

Edit - they averaged 6,000 last season. Sorry.

That’s my point as well. Over the course of Kindbergs time their average home attendance has been in the 60-70,000 per season. It’s now about 120,000 per season. That doesn’t fund much. I didn’t say he has spent lots of money on transfer fees. However the growth in their turnover from £300k to £5m in 2016/17 is what’s enabled them to continually build their team and infrastructure and keep climbing leagues. The turnover increase was driven not by gate receipts but by commercial deals and equity injections. Guess whose business interests and business associates were behind the commercial deals? And guess who has made the bulk of the equity injections? 

Dont get me wrong, I think it’s a great story and the similarities to Hearts under Budge are  pretty eerie to be honest. His goal is Champions League (almost typed CL) by 2020. Will they beat us to it?

The Old Tolbooth

It's one of those rare success stories that is genuinely awe inspiring, their increase in turnover is purely down to natural growth and comes with the territory of natural growth, it's brilliant to see! 

I always used to chuckle at the thought of approaching Ostersund for their manager before Levein took over, because then we would have Graham Potter and Harry Potter :D 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s my point as well. Over the course of Kindbergs time their average home attendance has been in the 60-70,000 per season. It’s now about 120,000 per season. That doesn’t fund much. I didn’t say he has spent lots of money on transfer fees. However the growth in their turnover from £300k to £5m in 2016/17 is what’s enabled them to continually build their team and infrastructure and keep climbing leagues. The turnover increase was driven not by gate receipts but by commercial deals and equity injections. Guess whose business interests and business associates were behind the commercial deals? And guess who has made the bulk of the equity injections? 

Dont get me wrong, I think it’s a great story and the similarities to Hearts under Budge are  pretty eerie to be honest. His goal is Champions League (almost typed CL) by 2020. Will they beat us to it?

Understood.  I wasn't aware he'd put any extra money in at all.

With regards to your question, hopefully not, almost certainly yes. They will probably double their turnover from their europa league adventure this year. Don't see us beating galatasary, hertha berlin and bilbao unfortunately. 

Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

Understood.  I wasn't aware he'd put any extra money in at all.

With regards to your question, hopefully not, almost certainly yes. They will probably double their turnover from their europa league adventure this year. Don't see us beating galatasary, hertha berlin and bilbao unfortunately. 

And player sales that will more than double it again. Their big challenge is retaining Potter. Never thought I’d see the day when I could excited about Billy Reid being in a key position at Tynie but I’d take Potter and Reid when Levein decides to go back upstairs. 

Clark Griswold
2 hours ago, HoGwash said:

That's because it was January and during the transfer window. We can't recall any loanees outside a window so Keena, Zanatta etc are away for the season.

My bad then mate if that's the case, apologies. 

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

And player sales that will more than double it again. Their big challenge is retaining Potter. Never thought I’d see the day when I could excited about Billy Reid being in a key position at Tynie but I’d take Potter and Reid when Levein decides to go back upstairs. 

Why should Levein go back upstairs. He's young enough to go on for years. I don't want another gamble on another inexperienced Head Coach. Hearts are too big a club for another CATHRO disaster.

15 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Why should Levein go back upstairs. He's young enough to go on for years. I don't want another gamble on another inexperienced Head Coach. Hearts are too big a club for another CATHRO disaster.

Are you comparing potter to Cathro? 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Potter ? Who's Potter ?

2 hours ago, brux said:

Never heard a hearts fan calling CL potter before

1 hour ago, EreWeG0.. said:

Potter that's in charge of the Hertz?

:vrface:

On 2/16/2018 at 05:38, soonbe110 said:

As you lot can’t read here is the quote that Mitch replied to. “Soon be” stated he’d take potter and Reid at tynie. Mitch stated that he doesn’t want another gamble on an inexperienced head coach like cathro. (bearing in mind he’s replying to a post about potter replacing Levein so im assumming he’s calling potter inexperienced and comparing him to cathro) . You literally replied to a post about graham potter and then asked who potter was after I questioned you about it. Did you quote the wrong person or something?! 

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Hope this guy is decent and ready to go!!! We are seriously short in this department 

Now short with Djoum out also 

Archived