New Striker?

kimosavi

Clark Griswold
Just now, davemclaren said:

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a loan signing. 

I didn't mention a loan. What I meant was, we'd perhaps be better off waiting 3 months and signing someone we really want instead of signing someone with the next 3 months in mind til the window opens for cover.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Portable Badger

Slight aside but I wonder if the young lad at Wolves, Joe Mason, now regrets not signing for us in the January window? 

Can't see he went anywhere else so just making up the squad numbers there it would seem

Jambof3tornado
35 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

I didn't mention a loan. What I meant was, we'd perhaps be better off waiting 3 months and signing someone we really want instead of signing someone with the next 3 months in mind til the window opens for cover.

This is where I'm at. 

RustyRightPeg

I'd give the lad Keena a shot. Seems very impressive for the 20s, scored at the weekend and recently called up for ROI 19s. Could learn from Laff & Naismith as well.

32 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Slight aside but I wonder if the young lad at Wolves, Joe Mason, now regrets not signing for us in the January window? 

Can't see he went anywhere else so just making up the squad numbers there it would seem

If he has a quick chat wi Doherty least he’ll know he was looked at by the right side of Edinburgh 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Although it's a risk. And even more so with Lafferty almost certainly bound to pick up another suspension. I'd be happy going with Henderson and Currie when he's back fit as our back ups in that area. If worst comes to worst I suppose we could move Milinkovic, Amankwaa or even McDonald up top. I hope I'm not tempting fate. But I do think we'll be fine!

Ohh forgot about Keena! 

Yeah I think we'll be fine till the end of the season.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Although it's a risk. And even more so with Lafferty almost certainly bound to pick up another suspension. I'd be happy going with Henderson and Currie when he's back fit as our back ups in that area. If worst comes to worst I suppose we could move Milinkovic, Amankwaa or even McDonald up top. I hope I'm not tempting fate. But I do think we'll be fine!

Ohh forgot about Keena! 

Yeah I think we'll be fine till the end of the season.

He's not gonna return from injury this season. He got a dull knee injury.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'd give the lad Keena a shot. Seems very impressive for the 20s, scored at the weekend and recently called up for ROI 19s. Could learn from Laff & Naismith as well.

Speaking of Keena, just stumbled across this short interview with him at QP.

I think subtitles are needed though, for both men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vzbtf-L7Og

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We took Kitchen in from the MLS after the window. Any decent options from that avenue?

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We took Kitchen in from the MLS after the window. Any decent options from that avenue?

Bradley Wright Philips

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Bradley Wright Philips

decent scoring record in the MLS, has his green card no, so cant see him being in any rush to leave New York.

Do you love a youtube vid :) 

Shite version of the Beattie at 3:48

I hope the players seen more in him than the you tube clip displayed. Looks like he was playing in a shite, no contact, slow as a week in Peebles league. lets see how he does against some of the more "physical" players in our league. In CL, and this time the other players, I trust though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Dazo strikes again,

Well done!

Well not really. I said yesterday I do love a guessing game and he said there were no guessing game. Set up on a plate for the lad :whistling:

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I hope the players seen more in him than the you tube clip displayed. Looks like he was playing in a shite, no contact, slow as a week in Peebles league. lets see how he does against some of the more "physical" players in our league. In CL, and this time the other players, I trust though.

Can only hope a more competitive environment actually sparks the player.

If he’s got the ability and mindset I think he will.

It can be the case that sometimes players need a motivation to see what they can produce under more pressure. For example, I never really felt Isma enjoyed or fully grew into the frenetic, competitive edge our game has.

He didn’t have the mindset for it overall.  

Seems like he can take the physical side, quick and not afraid to shoot. He always seemed to have time and space to do his stuff and he won't get that here. It'll be down to his attitude really.  I can also see why its only on trial. Oshiniwa was in my mind watching the video.

47 minutes ago, Ryan Jarman said:

Do you love a youtube vid :) 

Shite version of the Beattie at 3:48

Is this the guy we have dropped our interest in then? Or is it the guy we have training with us? Cant keep up here.

Edit: Just clocked the other thread.

34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Well not really. I said yesterday I do love a guessing game and he said there were no guessing game. Set up on a plate for the lad :whistling:

Well done also.

Few would have picked up on the pun I guess.

Assume the chat about Paraguayan or Iraqi players was pure guessan...

(That would’ve been funnier if I was the first to make the joke)

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Assume the chat about Paraguayan or Iraqi players was pure guessan...

(That would’ve been funnier if I was the first to make the joke)

(Doubt it)

Can people not get it into their heads that the development loans cannot be cut short? As far as I’m aware the young guys can only play u-20 football for Hearts until summer. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Can people not get it into their heads that the development loans cannot be cut short? As far as I’m aware the young guys can only play u-20 football for Hearts until summer. 

Can we bring Sammon back though ?

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Can we bring Sammon back though ?

I'm not sure CS would want to come back. On the face of it he's sorted himself out in front of less demanding supporters and is probably quite happy there. Why don't we just accept that he's just another John Sutton who wasn't suited to Hearts either but could do it elsewhere. Forget him (CS) I say.

Clark Griswold
6 hours ago, HoGwash said:

Is recalling the loan players the new fill the corners in?

5 hours ago, Homme said:

Looks like it.

It’s not though is it. One is fantasy, the other is realistic.

Portable Badger

Couple of the Ostersand players look not too bad against Arsenal 

Commentator mentioning the few top guys in their team are only on £4k per month. Wonder if Craig's watching on?

6 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Commentator mentioning the few top guys in their team are only on £4k per month. Wonder if Craig's watching on?

they have an english manager and iirc billy reid the former hamilton manager is his assistant 

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

they have an english manager and iirc billy reid the former hamilton manager is his assistant 

Yeah. 4-5 players who didn't cut it in England playing.

Doing pretty well after the first 20 mins where they were like rabbits in the headlights.  Once they got over that period they've pretty much match them and been unlucky not to get a couple of goals themselves.   3-0 Arsenal sort of flatters the Arse

43 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

They have just knocked back a £5m bid for one of their players. Out of our league. 

Portable Badger
58 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They have just knocked back a £5m bid for one of their players. Out of our league. 

Having got this far in the Europa that shouldn't be too surprising though I hadn't heard that news.  Just shows that picking up out of contract players and giving them the stage to play on..........

42 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Having got this far in the Europa that shouldn't be too surprising though I hadn't heard that news.  Just shows that picking up out of contract players and giving them the stage to play on..........

Exactly. Just need a bit of luck and a run in Europa League. 

4 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

It’s not though is it. One is fantasy, the other is realistic.

Ok I'll play. Which one is possible.

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly. Just need a bit of luck and a run in Europa League. 

It’s a bit more than luck tbf to these guys. They beat galatasary in the qualifiers and got through a group with athletic bilbao in it. We are more than a bit of luck away from that. 

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

It’s a bit more than luck tbf to these guys. They beat galatasary in the qualifiers and got through a group with athletic bilbao in it. We are more than a bit of luck away from that. 

I’m sure they have had a few breaks along the way over the last four years. Very rich owner helps as well. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m sure they have had a few breaks along the way over the last four years. Very rich owner helps as well. 

I didnt know they did have a rich owner, apologies. Didn't read that in any of the articles about that. Do you know how much they've spent? I was under the impression they hadn't spent any money at all. All seemed very organically grown. However one interesting reference point for us. Their turnover is less than ours, so there is hope!

The Old Tolbooth
46 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I didnt know they did have a rich owner, apologies. Didn't read that in any of the articles about that. Do you know how much they've spent? I was under the impression they hadn't spent any money at all. All seemed very organically grown. However one interesting reference point for us. Their turnover is less than ours, so there is hope!

The story of Ostersund, definitely not a rich club by any stretch of the imagination. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11960/11166789/who-are-ostersunds-the-story-of-arsenal8217s-europa-league-opponents

1 minute ago, johnmitchell said:

The story of Ostersund, definitely not a rich club by any stretch of the imagination. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11960/11166789/who-are-ostersunds-the-story-of-arsenal8217s-europa-league-opponents

Thanks. To be fair I was trying to be polite to the other poster as I'd read a lot about them, and completely disagreed with the points he was making but wanted to give him a  chance to prove his points. The guardian feature on them a while back also excellent.

They aren't rich, it's not a rich owner buying success, and they certainly aren't lucky. We should be looking at how we can replicate elements of it though. 

10 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

This: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-recall-on-loan-youngsters-for-spain-trip-1-4657715

Unless I am reading this wrong, we recalled them for the spain trip (unless their initial loans all expired)

That's because it was January and during the transfer window. We can't recall any loanees outside a window so Keena, Zanatta etc are away for the season.

50 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Daniel Kindberg - real estate magnate. When he came in their turnover was £300k, today it’s £5.5m and it’s not come from gate receipts. Don’t know how much they have spent on players but their striker is much sought after so they will be in good shape financially without any further help from him. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Daniel Kindberg - real estate magnate. When he came in their turnove4 was £300k, today it’s £5.5m and it’s not come fr9m gate receipts. Don’t know how much they have spent on players but their striker is much sought after 

That's my point though. It's not from spending. It's from growing through the leagues. They average 4,500 now. We average 16k and our turnover was £9m in the championship. They won the swedish cup. As a previous poster has pointed out. Read up on them. This is nothing to do with a rich owner spending. 

Edit - they averaged 6,000 last season. Sorry.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Daniel Kindberg - real estate magnate. When he came in their turnover was £300k, today it’s £5.5m and it’s not come from gate receipts. Don’t know how much they have spent on players but their striker is much sought after so they will be in good shape financially without any further help from him. 

Thats incredible! I wonder if any of it could be replicated over here? 

Archived