New Striker?

kimosavi

Take it we are done in the transfer market?

CL said the best of the crop off free agents get snapped up 2/3 days after the window shuts

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely believe that we are borderline with wholesale changes now and that is a road I never want to go down again.

Think we have a pretty decent pot to piss with now.

Are we the completed article? Hell no, we have some hard work to do over the summer but these things must be gradual as continuity is vital.

If we have any aspirations at all then of winning the Cup then he better get his finger out.

There is not a cats chance in hell that Naismith and Lafferty are both going to remain either fit or suspension free through a full cup campaign.

5 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

If we have any aspirations at all then of winning the Cup then he better get his finger out.

There is not a cats chance in hell that Naismith and Lafferty are both going to remain either fit or suspension free through a full cup campaign.

Berra and Souttar at risk now from suspension. Booked against Hibs. 2 bookings = 1 match ban. 

Striking options are shocking. We taking a massive gamble with only one striker. Still not calling naismith a striker.

7 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Exactly, seems we missed the chance in January and thats us set till summer now

Injuries and suspensions and we are very light indeed especially up top

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Berra and Souttar at risk now from suspension. Booked against Hibs. 2 bookings = 1 match ban. 

Would like another CH too,  but not the priority for me.

We have Hughes and Smith who can both play there if either Berra or Souttar are out.

Thought Smith was outstanding playing that role against racellic.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Sometimes I really don’t understand CL whatsoever. We have Conor Sammon, at Partick thistle paying his whole wage.. why not recall him for at least back up. Let Dario Zannata go back on loan he in my opinion is far more ready than Irving, Macdonald, and the more inexperienced players Dario, could be important from the bench & again back up Calum Morrison another player I would of liked to see recalled. Instead CL loans everyone of our strikers out? or releases them and as I said a couple weeks ago priority should of been to replace Isma & stockton ridiculous descion making and seriously could cost us at some stage this season when Lafferty & Naismith are injured who comes in if they are injured? feel this slightly tarnishes some of the good business done in this window.

Did he not say the BEST get snapped up in 2/3 days and everyone else then fights over the rest? As uninspiring as it may seem, perhaps we are still fighting for someone. I'd like to hope there is a Zeefuik type in there somewhere that we have at least fought for.

Rory Currie is a striker. I'd imagine he'll be getting some more game time soon. 

The fact that Levein didn't recall Sammon and let Zannata go back on loan tells me he's going to get someone else in.

Hopefully he didn't make those decisions before his deal for a striker fell through though.

5 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Sometimes I really don’t understand CL whatsoever. We have Conor Sammon, at Partick thistle paying his whole wage.. why not recall him for at least back up. Let Dario Zannata go back on loan he in my opinion is far more ready than Irving, Macdonald, and the more inexperienced players Dario, could be important from the bench & again back up Calum Morrison another player I would of liked to see recalled. Instead CL loans everyone of our strikers out? or releases them and as I said a couple weeks ago priority should of been to replace Isma & stockton ridiculous descion making and seriously could cost us at some stage this season when Lafferty & Naismith are injured who comes in if they are injured? feel this slightly tarnishes some of the good business done in this window.

The Fish is cup tied now anyway.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

It's to do with the player as well tho.

Sammon, given the abuse he taken, he probably wants to stay at Patrick. Be cup tied today.

Zannata, likley had a choice, be a bench warmer or play regularly. Likley the club and himself thought it was best if he play regularly.

How do you k ow we are paying Damon’s whole wage? We may have agreed a season long loan, which is why he hasn’t been recalled. 

1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Rory Currie is a striker. I'd imagine he'll be getting some more game time soon. 

The fact that Levein didn't recall Sammon and let Zannata go back on loan tells me he's going to get someone else in though. 

Hopefully he didn't make those decisions before his deal for a striker fell through though.

Currie out injured fro the season

1 minute ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

This season is a total work in progress, look where we were when the first game kicked off, Levein has steadied the ship and very quickly got things moving forward again.  All this going on whilst we have built big brand new shiny stand.  Sammon face didn't fit at Hearts, he is playing at Partick where he has next to no pressure, its completely different to playing for Hearts.  If we brought him back it would be 3 games without a goal before the fans would be baying for his blood.  I agree we should bring him back as a back up but can see the reasons for him not coming back, if we want him off our wage bill then a good season at Partick will help our chances in the summer, there also may be an agreement in the loan deal that there is no recall clause. 

With the youngsters, feel that Dario and Calum will gain alot more game time out on loan which will be better for development in the long run than a the odd game here and there, we also have a lot of young boys in the first team, so finding the balance is important. 

Best solution would be to find a striker in the free market area and give him 5 month contract to prove himself.

1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

Jeez, really?

We really are screwed then lol

I'd imagine there's even more chance of getting a free agent in now at least. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

This season is a total work in progress, look where we were when the first game kicked off, Levein has steadied the ship and very quickly got things moving forward again.  All this going on whilst we have built big brand new shiny stand.  Sammon face didn't fit at Hearts, he is playing at Partick where he has next to no pressure, its completely different to playing for Hearts.  If we brought him back it would be 3 games without a goal before the fans would be baying for his blood.  I agree we should bring him back as a back up but can see the reasons for him not coming back, if we want him off our wage bill then a good season at Partick will help our chances in the summer, there also may be an agreement in the loan deal that there is no recall clause. 

With the youngsters, feel that Dario and Calum will gain alot more game time out on loan which will be better for development in the long run than a the odd game here and there, we also have a lot of young boys in the first team, so finding the balance is important. 

Best solution would be to find a striker in the free market area and give him 5 month contract to prove himself.

Yeah I agree with all of your points however I feel with us being so short for back up it may be better to sacrifice 5 months of either Dario, or Calum’s development to stay on the bench for back up never know laff or Naismith May get injured and then they have a good run of games in the SPL. Because what are we going to do if say Naismith gets injured and Lafferty is suspended.. no proven striker in the squad very concerning I fear also the best of the free agents are now gone.

23 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Because the fans would boo him. There was grumbling in the stands when Bauben came on at the weekend. Fantastic support! 

there is a finite number of decent strikers that may be in our price range and no doubt there are a number of clubs looking at them. it may take a few days or so for us to make headway with the targets we are after. yes the best ones go quickly, usually to clubs who can offer a lot morebthan we can, it's the next traunch that we will be looking at and there will be fierce competition.

the quote said that the best go within 2-3 days but was also followed up with that we were hopefull of getting someone in within the next week or so.

I would rather we didn’t just sign someone for the sake of it. Levein obviously doesn’t think anyone available is suitable. Have we any youngsters that can step up if needed? I noticed Keena scored at the weekend. Have we options to recall our loan players in an emergency?

GorgieRules22

We need a striker in asap for me. We have Lafferty who is underperforming then nobody else so it's as clear as day we need one in.

20 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Put a bloody question mark after a thread title like that please. 

Snap !  Thought we'd signed somebody !

43 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Real pity for Currie.  He can shift which would make him stick out like a whippets baws in amongst the assortment we have assembled 

August Landmesser

If we continue to keep clean sheets, we only need to score three more goals to win the cup.

Funtime Jambo
Just now, Spencer said:

Real pity for Currie.  He can shift which would make him stick out like a whippets baws in amongst the assortment we have assembled 

Exactly what i was thinking.

Whippets baws :laugh::thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Thistle are paying some of Sammon wages. £700 per week i believe. We need someone up front that Lafferty and/or Naismith can play off. None of the others you mention are out and out strikers so no point in asking youngsters to play out of position. We would all just start moaning at them. 

56 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

How do you k ow we are paying Damon’s whole wage? We may have agreed a season long loan, which is why he hasn’t been recalled. 

It was a season long loan and  they are making a contribution.  

50 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Yeah I agree with all of your points however I feel with us being so short for back up it may be better to sacrifice 5 months of either Dario, or Calum’s development to stay on the bench for back up never know laff or Naismith May get injured and then they have a good run of games in the SPL. Because what are we going to do if say Naismith gets injured and Lafferty is suspended.. no proven striker in the squad very concerning I fear also the best of the free agents are now gone.

Morrison is a winger and is currently behind Skinny, Danny, McDonald and Zanatta. So he is fifth choice wide player at best at the moment. Great potential but Brechin for four months is better for him in my opinion. 

Any idea why we recalled Dario Zanatta for one game then sent him out again? Did we just do that due to Lafferty being out and him as backup? What happens if Lafferty gets injured/suspended again? Are we able to recall Dario?

hereford_hearts
Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Any idea why we recalled Dario Zanatta for one game then sent him out again? Did we just do that due to Lafferty being out and him as backup? What happens if Lafferty gets injured/suspended again? Are we able to recall Dario?

I think he was brought back to attend the winter training camp in Spain.

CL knows we need another striker and was close to bringing one in during the window but it fell through.

Fairly confident we will get one in pretty soon.

I always think it's pot luck what type of player you get in January but strikers it's even more hit or miss. 

If they are any good why is their club letting them go?

Ngoo, McCallum, Zeefuik, Dauda, - it always feels like a 50/50 chance of getting anyone decent.

4 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Ngoo, McCallum, Zeefuik, Dauda, - it always feels like a 50/50 chance of getting anyone decent.

That looks more like a 25% success rate to me - unless you're judging it by weight ! :laugh:

We really are desperately short up front.  I just checked the weekend results to see how are loaned out players got on.  I then noticed that Keena scored for Queens Park against Raith Rovers.  That is another striker I didn't even know had been loaned out.  We really do need to get someone else in till the summer.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

We need a striker in asap for me. We have Lafferty who is underperforming then nobody else so it's as clear as day we need one in.

Sorry I do not agree at all

Lafferty is one of the top goal scorers in the league

He is definitely not underperforming. remember he was out for 3 big games for us.

I think we’ve got one in the pipeline: just based on not recalling the fish and sending others out

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry I do not agree at all

Lafferty is one of the top goal scorers in the league

He is definitely not underperforming. remember he was out for 3 big games for us.

He was hopeless on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Because the fans would boo him. There was grumbling in the stands when Bauben came on at the weekend. Fantastic support! 

Aye and it was explained 2 mins later when he somehow managed to batter the ball between two Hearts players and out for a throw in.  It was quite something.

Its about quality over quantity, years gone by we have had 2/3 players for a position who are average at best. Now we have a strike force of Naismith and Lafferty and not much in reserve, we're building a solid quality core of a team and will slowly but surely add quality in reserve.  Patience is required.  

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Its about quality over quantity, years gone by we have had 2/3 players for a position who are average at best. Now we have a strike force of Naismith and Lafferty and not much in reserve, we're building a solid quality core of a team and will slowly but surely add quality in reserve.  Patience is required.  

Damn!

if only we had some....

It’s worth remembering that getting players is bloody difficult! Given the club have been slated for bringing in average players it’s understandable we’ve found ourselves light.

Hopefully the club will get something done but it’s not easy, especially in the January window. 

11 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He was hopeless on Saturday.

He never has been a lone target man. Needs someone to play off or with. Just a pity that Isma wanted to play on his own. 

19 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Levein hopeful we'll have another striker signed before weekend , straight from horses mouth 

For real?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lafferty is a bit flaky for me. Great player to have but its something different he offers every week. 

Archived