Increasing My FoH Pledge

David McCaig

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

I usually increase mine when the spangles decrease theirs after we lost a game. 

Should I cut back now? My kids need to eat. 

In a word.... no , its fine im sure the neighbours will help with feeding the kids. Tho i think you should get them to sign up aswell ?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brauhauser2012
10 hours ago, David McCaig said:

When things are going wrong, people are quick to play the "I'm cancelling my pledge" card.

However, what about when things are going well?

As a sign of appreciation of how well the club is now being run, I am doubling my monthly pledge with immediate effect.

Even if we all just pledged an extra £10 each imagine what the club could achieve with that extra revenue.

I increased mine when they got rid of Cathro.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This is not a boast. Doesn't make me anymore a Hearts supporter than anyone else. From Aug 2013 my contribution has been £51 per month. There have been a few occasions when I haven't been able to afford that amount monthly. On those occasions I went without something else. Most of the time I have been able to afford. Like thousands of others I also have a season ticket and one for my 9 year old son. I have like thousands of others spent a small fortune in the club shop. I've been to several functions and events and managed the POTY dinner last May. I pay what I can afford most of the time. Why? Simple answer really. I love this football club. I've been divorced from two wives(stories for another time). I know I will never get divorced from Hearts. There will be those that will think I'm mad and they could well be right. I genuinely don't care.

Hearts are my and thousands of others football club. We are not the biggest and not always the best but, we are Heart of Midlothian and there truly is no other club like us. Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park.......

Great post and a fantastic contribution to the foundation JF.:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

In a word.... no , its fine im sure the neighbours will help with feeding the kids. Tho i think you should get them to sign up aswell ?

Her next door is 80 and has dementia so between Bosnian pensioners and poppy charities...

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This is not a boast. Doesn't make me anymore a Hearts supporter than anyone else. From Aug 2013 my contribution has been £51 per month. There have been a few occasions when I haven't been able to afford that amount monthly. On those occasions I went without something else. Most of the time I have been able to afford. Like thousands of others I also have a season ticket and one for my 9 year old son. I have like thousands of others spent a small fortune in the club shop. I've been to several functions and events and managed the POTY dinner last May. I pay what I can afford most of the time. Why? Simple answer really. I love this football club. I've been divorced from two wives(stories for another time). I know I will never get divorced from Hearts. There will be those that will think I'm mad and they could well be right. I genuinely don't care.

Hearts are my and thousands of others football club. We are not the biggest and not always the best but, we are Heart of Midlothian and there truly is no other club like us. Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park.......

Top stuff JF.

Excellent thread, David. Every single pledger deserves a massive thanks. I often find myself wishing that I could win the Euromillions and secretly donate a few million quid. Just imagine!

Well done guys. 

giphy.gif

Doctor FinnBarr
8 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/

Easy link for anyone who wants to sign up/increase their pledge.

I get the feeling tonight that donations are getting pumped up so much our chums in Leef are only going to be able to sniff our exhaust fumes for many years to come

FTH

will-i-am-a-jambo

I've just pledged for the first time. Only a tenner but is all l can afford. Thanks to the OP and all the other pledgers for the inspiration!

10 hours ago, kila said:

I often forget all about it.

I don’t increase or decrease (well I did the £1 increase thing).

This for me. £20 a month since the beginning never fluctuated up or down.

1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I've just pledged for the first time. Only a tenner but is all l can afford. Thanks to the OP and all the other pledgers for the inspiration!

Amount doesn't matter. It's the fact you have pledged. Well done. I really don't mean that in the patronising manner it may read.

Doctor FinnBarr
5 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Thats all it takes mate, thanks

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

That aspect of it doesn't bother me much although it is great but I seriously love the idea of text pledging just like you do for charities.  Apart from the SPCA which is our main charity, the text ones do better from us than any others.

Really hope someone from the Foundation picks up on this.

Could well see myself chipping in £10 everytime we win, £50 If it's the OF and £100 If it's another particular club.

God knows how much when we win the league or the Cup but certainly enough to see me comfortably in the divorce court!

Hope this doesn't come across as some arrogant rich git.  Bear in mind that other than chipping in to FoH, I spend nothing on Hearts.  John Findlay's post is truly humbling in that regard.

I could give annual one-off donations to the value of a season ticket and I will seriously consider that now.  

I would however love to make text donations whenever I felt like it and within my pretty modest means.

Doctor FinnBarr

We all know your far away Doug and maybe can't put in as much of the rest of us, doesn't make you any less of a JT, but, not sure if you can do it from NZ the Foundation has a one off payments section on its webpage

Shanghai Hearts

All this positivity is great and just upped mine by a tenner...Keep up the good work, whatever you can afford, it all counts :thumbsup:

will-i-am-a-jambo
14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Amount doesn't matter. It's the fact you have pledged. Well done. I really don't mean that in the patronising manner it may read.

No worries l didn't take it that way. Your story was one of the most inspiring, hats off to you sir!

I like the text to donate idea. Especially when we win, if a simple “text now to donate £5 to FOH” were to flash up on electronic boards around the ground (and pitch when on tv) it would surely encourage a wee bit more? I don’t think there’s any harm about getting in peoples faces about this. Leave people to make their own minds up if they already give enough as it is.

18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hope this doesn't come across as some arrogant rich git.  Bear in mind that other than chipping in to FoH, I spend nothing on Hearts.  John Findlay's post is truly humbling in that regard.

I could give annual one-off donations to the value of a season ticket and I will seriously consider that now.  

I would however love to make text donations whenever I felt like it and within my pretty modest means.

You’ll have plenty spare cash now you’ve given up Carlesberg Doug. 

Send 10 pounds a month via paypal and have done since the beginning.  My small way of helping out when I can only get to a game every few years.  Should have enough points to get a plot ceremony next year, but to be honest I know I'll probably never attend it.

My dashboard on the FOH website says I have no monthly pledge - but my money keeps getting paid and my points keep increasing (I think!), so I am happy enough with that.

13 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

We all know your far away Doug and maybe can't put in as much of the rest of us, doesn't make you any less of a JT, but, not sure if you can do it from NZ the Foundation has a one off payments section on its webpage

Thanks Biker.  Ive been thinking about this a lot today and £100 will be whizzing it's way through cyberspace shortly.  I gave up smoking 10 months ago and have already saved a fortune.  I also gave up Carlesberg 5 days ago and that will be a further saving.

FoH, Save the Children and my bank balance will be the beneficiaries of this emhanced lifestyle.

8 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

You’ll have plenty spare cash now you’ve given up Carlesberg Doug. 

Great minds were thinking alike as you will see.

Loving this thread.

i genuinely think this thread has the potential to increase FoH donations by more than the entire monthly amount going into the HSL.

The text idea is brilliant, end of a match on a big screen, text 5 to 51515 to donate £5 to the Foundation of Hearts. 

MacDonald Jardine
46 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This for me. £20 a month since the beginning never fluctuated up or down.

This for me too.

Just upped mine to £30.

Twice kickback has got me to increase my pledge.

3 and half pints of lager a month i can live without.

Is it worth approaching companies in anyway along a match the pledge type idea. But more if we were to say contribute x amount to save the children then a company would match that to both save the children and FoH. I know it sounds convoluted but these contributions i think are often tax free and allow companies massive free publicity. There will be some who would at the very least consider it

Doctor FinnBarr
30 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks Biker.  Ive been thinking about this a lot today and £100 will be whizzing it's way through cyberspace shortly.  I gave up smoking 10 months ago and have already saved a fortune.  I also gave up Carlesberg 5 days ago and that will be a further saving.

FoH, Save the Children and my bank balance will be the beneficiaries of this emhanced lifestyle.

I've done you a favour with the Carlesberg mate.....unless its a damn site better than what they flog in the UK, its like Tennants, I'd rather have a pint of soda water and lime

Just now, GaHa1874 said:

57 new pledgers tonight , the power of Kickback!!! absolutely fantastic , thanks everyone. 

Thats awesome even an average of £10 thats an extra 7k a year straight of the bat

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, GaHa1874 said:

57 new pledgers tonight , the power of Kickback!!! absolutely fantastic , thanks everyone. 

I'm one mate, no thanks needed I just love my club

PS. Had already been donating via the wife, just upped our donation through my account

2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Superb, well done to all new pledgers and those who have increased. Link below for any more potential pledgers...

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/

Not including the pledgers who have upped their pledges. Unbelivable effort.

10 minutes ago, GaHa1874 said:

Brilliant, hopefully more to follow at Tynecastle tomorrow.

J Cheever Loophole
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Take a bow, Jock, Sen!

Due to holidays and the weather I've had 1weeks pay in 4. (self employed)

I'll never cancel my DD, even if I had to sit cross-liggit, up at the Regents Center in Lithgae, asking passers-by, "Alms for Allah"

Seriously, when things get back to normal for me I'll double my score a month.

10 minutes ago, GaHa1874 said:

That's brilliant news! Hopefully along with this thread and tomorrow's foh day, that total keeps rising significantly by the end of the weekend! ????

Things were a bit tight last year, so the 20 pound pledge for myself and my son was to be reduced to ten pound each per month,  I am somehow now pledging an extra 10 from my account and not being able to log in to my sons account it remains unchanged,so instead of 20 per month I am 50 haha, Thank feck for overtime. FTH

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, hellokello said:

Just upped mine by £5,every little helps.

It does mate, cheers, lets really piss off the maggots on .net looking in here

This thread has given me the shake to do something I have thought about for a while..

So I'm going to double my pledge..

However.. I'm on the site. How can I update my pledge if I am overseas and pay by paypal? When I click on update pledge it takes me to a screen for a direct debit.

1 minute ago, RussAsia said:

This thread has given me the shake to do something I have thought about for a while..

So I'm going to double my pledge..

However.. I'm on the site. How can I update my pledge if I am overseas and pay by paypal? When I click on update pledge it takes me to a screen for a direct debit.

https://foundationofhearts.org/paypal-payment-option/

You can cancel your old PayPal recurring payment in your PayPal account and then set up a new one from that link.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

That aspect of it doesn't bother me much although it is great but I seriously love the idea of text pledging just like you do for charities.  Apart from the SPCA which is our main charity, the text ones do better from us than any others.

Really hope someone from the Foundation picks up on this.

Could well see myself chipping in £10 everytime we win, £50 If it's the OF and £100 If it's another particular club.

God knows how much when we win the league or the Cup but certainly enough to see me comfortably in the divorce court!

Imagine pished folk after the 4-0 Celtic game.

After every derby or of win.

Paper headlines- "Hearts bid £1.2 m for xxxxxx"

Every poor result'-

"Hearts cannae afford the leccy bill"

Ann Budge would be like

:wtf:

J.T.F.Robertson

I've done a tenner a month since day one, would like to do more but having recently become an OAP and never having planned for the "occasion", unless I snuff it shortly, have no idea what will be required to "see me out". Anyway, for what it's worth, my tenner is there for as long as I am.

Well done to all contributors. Keep it up!

What a brilliant thread.  57 new pledgers and many others who have increased the amounts they pledge.

And s reminder to all of us that you can make one off donations any time you like.

I know people have been suggesting ways to up pledges here and I had thought of one the other day when I saw the following at a petrol station raising funds for the air ambulance.

Now that we are accept card payments at the kiosks in the ground could there be an option included on the card machines to round up the price of your pie and drink to the nearest pound with those extra pennies going to FOH? Is this something that could be realistically done?

Does anyone know if you have to cancel your old direct debit when you increase your pledge? 

ie I’ve increased mine from £20 to £25 pcm on the FoH website but it doesn’t say what happens to the old DD? Will a payment of 20 and 25 come out my account next month or just the 25 payment? Cheers 

• davemclaren pinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic

Archived