Increasing My FoH Pledge

David McCaig

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Just re-subscribed.  I shamefully cancelled under Cathro so I have re-subscribed and went £15 pm when I was previously £10.

Really chuffed you've decided to do that I8.  I recall reading that you were cancelling your subscription and it gutted me that there was the potential for others to follow at such a critical time for the club.  As I see it, barring a Kenny Waugh style regime change, this is a lifetime commitment through thick and thin.  I know that FoH will Hearts will be grateful of the uptick in commitment from all.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

This is the link if anyone wants to increase their pledge.

https://foundationofhearts.org/my-account/

I've forgotten my password and the email account i used when i joined is no longer usable, so can't use the forgotten password tab to resend my password. 

Any idea who I could contact (either via email or phone) so I can gain access to my account?

6 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Hearts should put contactless points at hip level in the turnstiles - take £30 from every card they catch going through.

Aye, because offering supporters attending matches the opportunity to pledge is the same as robbing them right enough? 

I'm planning to give an additional £1 per month with each passing year (so an additional £12 per year) for life (that is, until it gets to a ridiculous level). That's the plan anyway. I reserve the right to not do this if I'm dead. Or too poor.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Increased mine when Craig was made manager.

Like many others have said and I totally agree with, my monthly contribution to FoH is as far as I'm concerned a lifelong commitment, and indeed it will continue after my death, until the wife figures out how to cancel direct debits, as she leaves all that kind of stuff to me, so it could be still going on for months or years after I'm gone. :laugh:

Haha. Set up a DD from your wife's bank account before you croak it.

Increased my pledge and in the "Pledge Pals" draw as I convinced someone to sign up.  I think the op should be in the draw for getting more pledgers to increase. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Amazing that this still has to be explained.. 

Indeed, must think everyone that goes to games is an adult and has no relations that go to games with them :lol: 

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

We should have a pledge zone somewhere outside the new main stand on match days. Be it for one off payments or subscriptions. I think there's an untapped number of supporters who simply don't know how to go about doing it.

Sure I read that's happening tomorrow at the Motherwell game as part of the Foh ceremony for the new stand. Great chance for people to get others involved ?

1 hour ago, bajthejambo said:

We should have a pledge zone somewhere outside the new main stand on match days. Be it for one off payments or subscriptions. I think there's an untapped number of supporters who simply don't know how to go about doing it.

Sure I read that's happening tomorrow at the Motherwell game as part of the Foh ceremony for the new stand. Great chance for people to get others involved ?

18 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Indeed, must think everyone that goes to games is an adult and has no relations that go to games with them :lol: 

What, you mean our crowd isn't solely made up of 16,000 in work singletons?

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What, you mean our crowd isn't solely made up of 16,000 in work singletons?

Afraid not haha .

Yeah its not hard to grasp that 8,000 pledgers probably makes up around 10,000/12000 of our match day numbers when you take into account families/kids of those that pledge.

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Yeah its not hard to grasp that 8,000 pledgers probably makes up around 10,000/12000 of our match day numbers when you take into account families/kids of those that pledge.

I’m sure there will be a sizeable number of pledgers who don’t go to matches. People living far away, elderly etc..

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure there will be a sizeable number of pledgers who don’t go to matches. People living far away, elderly etc..

Dave any idea who I can contact to change the pledge date? Everytime I try to do it , it ends up setting up another pledge which much as Id love to be able to do isnt very feasible ??

As an aside I think peoples circumstances change and you never know randoms who attend may take us to heart , students/professionals moving to Edinburgh or indeed youngsters coming up to working age who feel they want to contribute. If there was pledge stations on match days then it might pick up these people aswell. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dave any idea who I can contact to change the pledge date? Everytime I try to do it , it ends up setting up another pledge which much as Id love to be able to do isnt very feasible ??

As an aside I think peoples circumstances change and you never know randoms who attend may take us to heart , students/professionals moving to Edinburgh or indeed youngsters coming up to working age who feel they want to contribute. If there was pledge stations on match days then it might pick up these people aswell. 

Even by hititng the "MANAGE" option?

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

No idea I’m afraid. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

I did thinking I was a fly bugger when we made the initial pledge, now she gets invites to plot ceremonies, name on shirt etc etc.

Off to set up my own now

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Even by hititng the "MANAGE" option?

Yeah iv tried that it still keeps setting up a second one on my bank account and not changing it to the new date

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yeah iv tried that it still keeps setting up a second one on my bank account and not changing it to the new date

Think they may have an issue with that.  I set up for 1st of the month but on my confirmation it says the 5th.  It matters not really what day to me but some people may live with tight budgets and the uncertainty could cause them to go overdrawn etc.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Think they may have an issue with that.  I set up for 1st of the month but on my confirmation it says the 5th.  It matters not really what day to me but some people may live with tight budgets and the uncertainty could cause them to go overdrawn etc.

No worries. Thanks for the heads up. 

Had a ‘brilliant’ idea. How about a system set up that works like sending a text. The text you send costs a fiver a shot and is displayed on an electronic sign at the game. Obviously we would need some kind of filters in there. Would be good fun for mentions. The clever bit of this would be that it would be open to abuse from the opposition fans and we would have to take the abuse along with their lovely fivers! 

Interesting to hear how ‘brilliant’ this idea is to others! Tin hat on as always.

2 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Had a ‘brilliant’ idea. How about a system set up that works like sending a text. The text you send costs a fiver a shot and is displayed on an electronic sign at the game. Obviously we would need some kind of filters in there. Would be good fun for mentions. The clever bit of this would be that it would be open to abuse from the opposition fans and we would have to take the abuse along with their lovely fivers! 

Interesting to hear how ‘brilliant’ this idea is to others! Tin hat on as always.

Love it. Now if someone could nick Lennons phone? ;)

2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Joint account I'm afraid, but I like your train of thought.

Would be good to see a ‘pledgepoint’ set up somewhere around the plaza / reception. One in the club shop too.

just a small machine where people can stick their card in and choose an amount to hand over electronically.

Would be great for one-off donations to keep the FOH funds topped up every fortnight / home match. 

4 hours ago, David McCaig said:

It would be good for FoH to focus on a target such as getting annual contributions up from £1.51m to £2.012m ?

I agree 100%.  Would love them to set us a target, £2,051, and give us examples of what it would take on an individual basis to get there.

25 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

I would love to know if this is a goer and if it could work from abroad.  I would text all the money I'm now saving on Carlesberg.

Seriously think this is a great idea.

Jambo19811874

How do i pledge to foh? Never done it yet but i'am financially better off and would like to pledge but don't know how to do it

Doctor FinnBarr
45 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

I did thinking I was a fly bugger when we made the initial pledge, now she gets invites to plot ceremonies, name on shirt etc etc.

Off to set up my own now

Doubled our pledge.......might get my name on a shirt at some point

:pleased:

chester copperpot

Remember the bird being a bit pissed off at me doing a donation as an early christmas present to myself in December.

**** her ???

I review mine before the start of every season, and usually bump it up if I can afford to.

Hopefully we get a lot of new or increased pledges as a result of Foundation Day tomorrow.  It can only help that there is a real buzz about the place again, after the dismal period we've been through recently.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Jambo19811874 said:

How do i pledge to foh? Never done it yet but i'am financially better off and would like to pledge but don't know how to do it

Just go to the Foundation website and hit the pledge button mate

Just now, Jambo19811874 said:

Cheers bikerjambo ?

There's a sticky thread in The Terrace that has the link to the pledging page

3 minutes ago, Jambo19811874 said:

Cheers robnox but been on and pledged £50 a month 

Mon the jambos

FTH

Well done buddy, but should have been £51

:)

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, Jambo19811874 said:

Cheers robnox but been on and pledged £50 a month 

Mon the jambos

FTH

:thumbsup:

jambo-in-furness

One thing for sure that'll get right up the noses of those docksiders is, if FOH donations and donators rise, I am loathe to change my donation of £51,  but since we're here mine is going up to £60. 

HHGH

I signed up 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

Great idea. Would work well if we have TV screens but also on the electronic advertising screens - lot of people would like to see their name rolling along the length of the pitch during a game.

5 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Aye, because offering supporters attending matches the opportunity to pledge is the same as robbing them right enough? 

Aye, Ann Buj is getting rich off us proper H men.

24 minutes ago, Homme said:

Great idea. Would work well if we have TV screens but also on the electronic advertising screens - lot of people would like to see their name rolling along the length of the pitch during a game.

That aspect of it doesn't bother me much although it is great but I seriously love the idea of text pledging just like you do for charities.  Apart from the SPCA which is our main charity, the text ones do better from us than any others.

Really hope someone from the Foundation picks up on this.

Could well see myself chipping in £10 everytime we win, £50 If it's the OF and £100 If it's another particular club.

God knows how much when we win the league or the Cup but certainly enough to see me comfortably in the divorce court!

scott herbertson
36 minutes ago, Homme said:

With a big screen we could also ‘welcome’ pledgers who have pledged or increased since last match. It’s all a bit Billy Graham but I think it would work. Good thinking from the op

79033DED-B501-4E8B-97A7-67F27C59ADCE.jpeg

14 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

With a big screen we could also ‘welcome’ pledgers who have pledged or increased since last match. It’s all a bit Billy Graham but I think it would work. Good thinking from the op

79033DED-B501-4E8B-97A7-67F27C59ADCE.jpeg

I never knew he was a Leeds United fan!

This is not a boast. Doesn't make me anymore a Hearts supporter than anyone else. From Aug 2013 my contribution has been £51 per month. There have been a few occasions when I haven't been able to afford that amount monthly. On those occasions I went without something else. Most of the time I have been able to afford. Like thousands of others I also have a season ticket and one for my 9 year old son. I have like thousands of others spent a small fortune in the club shop. I've been to several functions and events and managed the POTY dinner last May. I pay what I can afford most of the time. Why? Simple answer really. I love this football club. I've been divorced from two wives(stories for another time). I know I will never get divorced from Hearts. There will be those that will think I'm mad and they could well be right. I genuinely don't care.

Hearts are my and thousands of others football club. We are not the biggest and not always the best but, we are Heart of Midlothian and there truly is no other club like us. Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park.......

Coburg Hearts
9 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Increased mine when Craig was made manager.

Like many others have said and I totally agree with, my monthly contribution to FoH is as far as I'm concerned a lifelong commitment, and indeed it will continue after my death, until the wife figures out how to cancel direct debits, as she leaves all that kind of stuff to me, so it could be still going on for months or years after I'm gone. :laugh:

Till death do us part.........................unless you're a Jambo.:smile:

I usually increase mine when the spangles decrease theirs after we lost a game. 

Should I cut back now? My kids need to eat. 

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This is not a boast. Doesn't make me anymore a Hearts supporter than anyone else. From Aug 2013 my contribution has been £51 per month. There have been a few occasions when I haven't been able to afford that amount monthly. On those occasions I went without something else. Most of the time I have been able to afford. Like thousands of others I also have a season ticket and one for my 9 year old son. I have like thousands of others spent a small fortune in the club shop. I've been to several functions and events and managed the POTY dinner last May. I pay what I can afford most of the time. Why? Simple answer really. I love this football club. I've been divorced from two wives(stories for another time). I know I will never get divorced from Hearts. There will be those that will think I'm mad and they could well be right. I genuinely don't care.

Hearts are my and thousands of others football club. We are not the biggest and not always the best but, we are Heart of Midlothian and there truly is no other club like us. Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Park.......

£51 pm is a great effort.

Well played Sir.

????????????????????

• davemclaren pinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic

Archived