Increasing My FoH Pledge

David McCaig

When things are going wrong, people are quick to play the "I'm cancelling my pledge" card.

However, what about when things are going well?

As a sign of appreciation of how well the club is now being run, I am doubling my monthly pledge with immediate effect.

Even if we all just pledged an extra £10 each imagine what the club could achieve with that extra revenue.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

People are quick to claim they are cancelling but figures show they rarely do.

When I get my inflation busting nhs payrise I shall increase my pledge!

Well done for doubling your pledge mate!

Wish more people would do this at the end of the day it's about keeping on when the times get tough ain't it my pledge is for life or at least as long as I can afford to do it. I started it when the club was on its knees I'm not going to stop now that it's on its feet HHGH 

It's incredibly easy to do online and also let's you see how many maroon points you have earned... Still a fair bit to go before I get lunch with Craig Levein - lol.

5 minutes ago, 18colin74 said:

Wish more people would do this at the end of the day it's about keeping on when the times get tough ain't it my pledge is for life or at least as long as I can afford to do it. I started it when the club was on its knees I'm not going to stop now that it's on its feet HHGH 

I was actually inspired to increase my pledge after reading a thread on Hibs.net of all places.

Basically, they were discussing what they could do to increase revenue and as always they were bitching about FoH, suggesting that contributions would eventually drop.

For me the FoH contribution is for life and will only increase as years go by.  In many ways it will only be once the stand is paid for and the purchase from Ann Budge is complete that we will see the full benefit of FoH.

Even at present FoH is raising almost £1.5m more per season than the equivalent HSL.  That equates to 3 Steven Naismith type players per season!!!

Increased mine when Craig was made manager.

Like many others have said and I totally agree with, my monthly contribution to FoH is as far as I'm concerned a lifelong commitment, and indeed it will continue after my death, until the wife figures out how to cancel direct debits, as she leaves all that kind of stuff to me, so it could be still going on for months or years after I'm gone. :laugh:

I get it that situations do change. People lose their jobs and are in hard times etc so have no other option to cancel.

However, imagine cancelling your pledge on the basis of form, managerial appointment etc. What utter clowns would do such a thing?! 

Ive increased a couple of times and give what my disposal income can afford. Happy to contribute and if my financial position improves ill consider upping it again.

Love FoH and happy to be helping pay for the new stand/players/youth academy.

When FoH has paid back the stand and Budge we should buy up some Hibs scum shares and send CL along to there AGM's to noise them up :-)

I'm stuck as I still have 2 accounts and can't seem to get foh to sort it. One has the right points but says I don't pay anything. Other has no points but the right monthly amount. 

Fantastic reading guys 

????????

Was at the plot ceremony last year and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Gary Hallidays speech was quite something and really pulled at the strings.

HHGH

❤️

Really good thread, current members increasing is excellent, what would be even better is if some of the rest that go to tynie started pledging. Even a tenner, about 8k(ish) pledgers just now, imagine we had 12, 13 or 14,000. Which isn’t too hard a target when you consider the attendances. Maybe a token amount of loyalty points for a full year of pledges would help drum up new members. 

1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

Really good thread, current members increasing is excellent, what would be even better is if some of the rest that go to tynie started pledging. Even a tenner, about 8k(ish) pledgers just now, imagine we had 12, 13 or 14,000. Which isn’t too hard a target when you consider the attendances. Maybe a token amount of loyalty points for a full year of pledges would help drum up new members. 

David's a good lad so back him on this thread. 

Re. Loyalty Points for cash ?

No then, no now, no ever !

Open to all sorts of chicanery !

3 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

I don't take a wage now, the whole lot goes directly to FOH and any small change to JKB. PHM AND arsehole.

being an arsehole is part and parcel of being a PHM

How about just being consistent with pledges irrespective of form of the team or disatisfaction with how the club is being run (unless it's being run very badly as I suppose our pledges can effectively be a vote of no confidence). I'm all for people increasing though (slight contradiction I know....).

5 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

It would be good for FoH to focus on a target such as getting annual contributions up from £1.51m to £2.012m ?

Lucille's Thirsty

I’d love to see us get to 10K subscribers. 

I see people all the time on here after a big defeat, I’m cancelling my DD when in my case and many other guys, it hardly registers in my mind the DD, I’ve grown accustomed to it and hardly notice it when £30 goes from my account. It’s for a good cause.

Son Of Anarchy
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

being an arsehole is part and parcel of being a PHM

Amen to that. Wife tells me all the time and gets really upset when I say "thanks babe, means a lot to me" :thumbsup:

steinbeckjambo1874

After reading this bumped my contribution up too - great thread. Seems to have been made easier to do since the last time I looked, which is only a good thing. 

Looked at increasing my pledge previously a year or two ago but it seemed like a hassle as I had to cancel my direct debit and then set up another one.

FoH have obviously improved the process as I just clicked on the link above and managed to increase my pledge in less than 5 mins?.

Great thread by the OP

Just re-subscribed.  I shamefully cancelled under Cathro so I have re-subscribed and went £15 pm when I was previously £10.

GorgieRulesApply

recently got a new job and pledged, pals called me daft and laughed at the fact I gave my club money. I for one couldn't be any prouder to be a part of my club going forward. what's £20 anyway? 5 pints?

i've just increased mine although its still annoying that it cancels down one DD and sets up another but at least the process is quicker.

Italian Lambretta

How about the other 50% of our support that pledge **** all becoming pledgers and taken the pressure of the fans who already pledge to the FOH?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As ever with these things, do what you can afford. Great that so many are able and willing to do so

:thumbsup:

2 million pounds per year as a gift from us fans to our club.  What truly amazing *******s we are.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Increased mine when Craig was made manager.

Like many others have said and I totally agree with, my monthly contribution to FoH is as far as I'm concerned a lifelong commitment, and indeed it will continue after my death, until the wife figures out how to cancel direct debits, as she leaves all that kind of stuff to me, so it could be still going on for months or years after I'm gone. :laugh:

Ditto.

10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

How about the other 50% of our support that pledge **** all becoming pledgers and taken the pressure of the fans who already pledge to the FOH?

Bit harsh, no?

I'd imagine of the 14,000-16,000 we get each week to Tynecastle, a decent % will be kids, families & pensioners.

11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I buy 4 STs... I will tell my 14, 13 and 10 year olds to pull their fingers out!!!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I buy 4 STs... I will tell my 14, 13 and 10 year olds to pull their fingers out!!!

Amazing that this still has to be explained.. 

It is an interesting point.  

I rather suspect the numbers that reduce or cancel are less than the number of people who claim they will do it, and most that have would have done for financial reasons more than footballing ones. 

For the same reason, I suspect when things are going well, not many will increase their contribution, as many will be contributing as much as they can afford, and perhaps more in some cases. 

JKB should display our FoH pledges (as a percentage of monthly salary) under our usernames - work out who the PPHM are.

We should have a pledge zone somewhere outside the new main stand on match days. Be it for one off payments or subscriptions. I think there's an untapped number of supporters who simply don't know how to go about doing it.

18 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I would suggest there are season ticket holders, who through the cost of their season ticket (and perhaps their kids’), who are not contributing to FoH, are possibly still contributing more than FoH members with no season ticket   

Your comment is therefore rather unfair. 

3 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

We should have a pledge zone somewhere outside the new main stand on match days. Be it for one off payments or subscriptions. I think there's an untapped number of supporters who simply don't know how to go about doing it.

Hearts should put contactless points at hip level in the turnstiles - take £30 from every card they catch going through.

Hackney Hearts
21 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

How about the other 50% of our support that pledge **** all 

If you're referring to 8,000 being half of our match day attendance - I think it's fair to assume a good number of the others will be kids of pledgers?

• davemclaren pinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf unpinned this topic

Archived