Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a stag do?

I am looking for a location that had a bit more to offer than just boozing (although that's obviously important).

There will be about 10-15 of us, all over the age of thirty, so not looking for anything too hedonistic. Aiming for July. Going to a football game would be great but hard to plan for until fixture lists come out.

2 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Either would be fine.

We went to prague last year for my mates. 

Was amazing. Affordable enough for flights and accommodation. 

Very cheap beer. We done footgolf which was great. 

there was a rake of other activities to choose from. 

If your looking to stay homeland then a day at the races is always great. 

Krakow!

Got wisla or cracovia for the football. Easy to get to and get tickets. Standard is not great but atmosphere superb.

Three course dinner and a beer around £15. Great value in some nice restaurants

There's plenty to see and do. Just generally a beautiful city.

We done some escape rooms (puzzle games for groups. Google it. It's way more fun than you think even if your not that way inclined groups work well having a few literal thinkers)

Cracovia also have an ice hockey team.

1 hour ago, Carl Weathers said:

I am looking for a location that had a bit more to offer than just boozing (although that's obviously important).

There will be about 10-15 of us, all over the age of thirty, so not looking for anything too hedonistic. Aiming for July. Going to a football game would be great but hard to plan for until fixture lists come out.

Get rat arsed.

Never actually been but as an away from the norm uk destination. Bristol was high on my list. Great transport links. Cheap. Lots of accommodation and bars . Loads of activities from white water rafting to go karting or even football.

There's even a strippers art class. Bit of fun doing life model drawing but with a " glamorous babe" depending on the group it might tick the boxes without being too seedy and could be a good laugh

Carl Weathers

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'll look into these and be sure to make sure there are plenty small people strippers.

My mates have suggested Valencia or Lisbon and both sound great. Anyone been to either?

manaliveits105

Madrid is a great City - flights might be ok 

Lisbon good too

Bucharest - flights from Glasgow direct

Budgie's Boyfriend

Liverpool is decent , they welcome big groups into the boozers and pretty reasonable priced too , hire a coach to take you there and back  , ours was pretty cheap.

michael_bolton

Norway, Sweden, Ireland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Finland all play through the summer so should have games on in July.

34 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Norway, Sweden, Ireland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Finland all play through the summer so should have games on in July.

world cup doesn't finish until 15th July i think, so might not be football on in these places.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

I’m off to Berlin in April for a stag. Heard nothing but good stuff from others who have been. 

2 hours ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

I’m off to Berlin in April for a stag. Heard nothing but good stuff from others who have been. 

Wee city break for me in June :)

Recommend Cardiff for UK do

You're probably cheaper going to eastern Europe these days but if you are staying in the UK then I can vouch for Liverpool being great for a stag. A real party city and a few racecourses nearby if you want to do that. I'm sure the usual go-karting and paintball options will be available.

Mr Brightside
10 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'll look into these and be sure to make sure there are plenty small people strippers.

My mates have suggested Valencia or Lisbon and both sound great. Anyone been to either?

I have been to Lisbon and really enjoyed it but not sure if it’s the right place for a stag.  If you do go there the Barrio Alto area is best for bars.

2 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

I have been to Lisbon and really enjoyed it but not sure if it’s the right place for a stag.  If you do go there the Barrio Alto area is best for bars.

Same with Valencia.

Beautiful city and plenty bars but not for a stag.

12 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Have I ever mentioned the amazing smelling stripper I experienced in Hamburg???

Once or twice.

23 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Something not too dear! 

This. I'm best man three times and of the age where myself and wife have had lots of stag/hen does. 

It's a huge factor. Folk won't want to seem tight with this sort of thing but everyone will be thinking about the cash!

Under £200 is my recommendation.

21 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Have I ever mentioned the amazing smelling stripper I experienced in Hamburg???

"Not looking for anything too hedonistic"

Ruled my Hamburg recommendatuon right out!

Someone (maybe on here?) Described Hamburg as the best weekend of your life but one you will want to try and forget as quickly as possible! :laugh:

It's great but it's pure Carnage haha

16 hours ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

What area are you staying? Organising one to Berlin in April too, for my best mate.

Recommendations welcome (bars,clubs, accomodation, activities etc)

It's not a stag do for "P.S" is it?

Bridge of Djoum
On 1/19/2018 at 04:44, Carl Weathers said:

July fitba'?

Birds?

Booze?

Russian 2018.

2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

"Not looking for anything too hedonistic"

Ruled my Hamburg recommendatuon right out!

Someone (maybe on here?) Described Hamburg as the best weekend of your life but one you will want to try and forget as quickly as possible! :laugh:

It's great but it's pure Carnage haha

He did say "too hedonistic".

I wouldn't class motor boating that fragrant German goddess as hedonistic as i had to pay for that pleasure.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

What area are you staying? Organising one to Berlin in April too, for my best mate.

Recommendations welcome (bars,clubs, accomodation, activities etc)

It's not a stag do for "P.S" is it?

No idea what area or what we are up to. I’ve just booked flights and leave it up to the best man. 

Not P.S. 

Co-organised a stag do in Budapest a couple of years ago and without wanting to big myself up too much it was quality :lol:

Nice city, cheap booze, one of the 2 strip clubs I've been in which didn't feel creepy/sleazy as **** :rofl:

We organised activities (food and drinks with a show during the meal and a "treat" for the groom, go karting, shooting guns and a day at the races but there's various options) through I think it was 'Stag Heaven'. Was a bit sceptical but very reasonable and we even got a local (fit) girl who spoke perfect English as tour guide. Would def recommend at least having a look. Think flights, 4 nights decent hotel and 3 days activities was about £300 all in.

Closer to home Newcastle. Great fun, friendly locals, trebles bars... Cheap and easy to get to and not hard to get tickets for a match. Oh and they ****ing love Edinburgh/Scotland. Fish in a barrel... 

The Geordies down here are apparently mad for a night out in Liverpool too although never been myself so couldn't comment on that one. 

Archived