Paulo Sergio felt betrayed

graygo

His presence is certain to trigger a rendition of his song and the 49-year-old admits hearing the fans sing his name is very special.

He said: “It’s fantastic. Last time I was in Edinburgh, I was in the stadium and they were singing it. 

“For me, I want to cry – it’s very, very emotional for me. 

“Sometimes when some friends meet here and drink some beers, they start singing that and send me videos to my phone. It’s great for me. 

“I just have to say thanks for everybody because I really, really appreciate the way everyone treats me here. I hope one day I can return.”

:sergioyay:

54 minutes ago, graygo said:

The great man will be in town this weekend to watch us pumping the wee team :pleasing: 

Be good to get a song going for him seeing as it means so much to him it almost brings him to tears.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/01/17/former-hearts-boss-paulo-sergio-loves-returning-to-edinburgh-despite-being-betrayed/

Any time that song is on the radio i give a wee rendition to which i just get this ffs not again look from the mrs

edit: it wasnt as bad as the look i got when i woke her up to show her the goals again cause i came in smashed singing it and thought she’d appreciate being made to watch them and here a commentary of each one 3 hours before she had to get up for an important meeting. But she chose jambolife 

Well if you read social media, Sergio, you'll always be a legend at Hearts. That will never change.

The financial state of the club was another story and is something that had to change. 

We were on a rocky road and the fans saved the club. All the best for the future, wherever that may be.

No wonder. We replaced him with John McGlynn.

Seriously though, going into the era we went into, keeping a guy like Sergio as manager could’ve helped us maintain stability on the park as much as possible.

However, it’s the previous ownership who betrayed him, not the club.

He'll always be a hero but some detail would be needed before forming an opinion.

I mean, if they were wanting to pay him 5k a week instead of 10k, then that's hardly surprising given the way that the club was being run.

If they were wanting to pay him 2k a week instead of 4k a week then he's every right to feel like that.

I'm sure I can remember him being on a pretty hefty wage. Maybe we just couldn't afford him.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I'm sure I remember reading at the time that his previous club was effectively paying half his wages by means of a severance deal and that was coming to an end. We couldn't afford the shortfall left from that hence Paulo being offered half his current wages.

If true I guess it's an example of the harsh realities of Scottish football finances.

I like Sergio, and wish he was here for longer, but we simply had to slash costs big style, so we had no option.  

Sergio and his assistants would not have been cheap, so sadly a parting of ways was inevitable. 

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Paulo really shouldn’t have been so naive....the world and his granny knew we were potless.

Yeah think he he should have seen it coming, but a great man and a legend forever for that day alone

manaliveits105

Hobbit journalist writes muck raking story for the hobo evening news shock - imagine we will get more negative exlusives on run up to game - dont buy the rag 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Strange way to reward success by halfing wage 

Ehhh..You do know what happened next, financial wise?

Paulo is part of our History, and led us to a famous cup win with very limited resources as the Romanov empire was falling apart around him and we were heading into the dark days of administration, no manager would have survived that time. I was proud to have Paulo Sergio as our manager, even for that short time, the guy had class even in the very difficult circumstances he found himself in. Would like to see him presented to the crowd before the kick-off on Sunday as he is in Scotland I believe, I wish him well, top man. 

12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Yeah think he he should have seen it coming, but a great man and a legend forever for that day alone

Absolutely.

I hope he’s on the pitch at HT on Sunday and the team are in a comfortable enough position for him to give a big 5-1.

I may be wrong here but were we not only paying half of his salary that season as he was still under contract with a Portuguese side but had been placed on gardening leave. 

34 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

He would been more of a 'legend' if he hadn't told the team 'not humiliate the opponent' at 4-1. One of my memories of the second half was being so disappointed that we completely took our foot of the gas. Revenge for 7 was there in our hands and Paulo Sergio voluntarily ignored it to save their 'dignity'. 

Over dramatic twaddle.

They lied to him, he should have seen it coming, they where lying to everyone else Ffs.

Top man for the Cup win and will be loved and worshipped for ever.

He felt betrayed by that regime but he knows exactly what he means to us. That is why he loves Hearts. Because we love him.

Legend.

9 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Love that guy :wub:

:sergioyay:

Legend indeed!

100%, would love to see him back at the club, If Craig ever decides he would like to move back upstairs.

Actually said on STV News last night that he applied for the manager's job but joked he didn't think the position was open. He then said something like "Craig is the manager so now WE support him".

Don't think he's got a problem with the club, certainly not the current regime anyway.

Son Of Anarchy
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Actually said on STV News last night that he applied for the manager's job but joked he didn't think the position was open. He then said something like "Craig is the manager so now WE support him".

Don't think he's got a problem with the club, certainly not the current regime anyway.

Far from it. He loves the fans,club,city everything. Just the old regime. Make no mistake, Sir Paulo considers himself one of us :)

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

He'll always be a hero but some detail would be needed before forming an opinion.

I mean, if they were wanting to pay him 5k a week instead of 10k, then that's hardly surprising given the way that the club was being run.

If they were wanting to pay him 2k a week instead of 4k a week then he's every right to feel like that.

I'm sure I can remember him being on a pretty hefty wage. Maybe we just couldn't afford him.

We definitely couldn't afford him. The banking collapse hit Romanov's business interests hard. It's why our players were continually being paid late.

He talks about having sold 4 or 5 players in the January of the 11/12 season.  I remember Ryan Stevenson leaving, but can't remember any of the others off the top of my head.  Who else did we lose in that transfer window?

42 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Far from it. He loves the fans,club,city everything. Just the old regime. Make no mistake, Sir Paulo considers himself one of us :)

And he absolutely is :wub:

He goes down in history as the man that masterminded a 5-1 mauling of our biggest rivals in a Cup Final.   That will take some beating!

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Paolo will always have a special place in our Hearts.

After all, he masterminded the donation of the flint dry diamond cutter right up the vermin chocolate box, while remaining dignified at all times. 

True class and his appearance on Sunday will have the inbred, two heided mutants running for the Sudokrem as they will spend all of next week rubbing it up each other's farters given the pain they will suffer after being reamed.

Gorgie rules.

:fth:

Wonderful poetic turn of phrase sir ;)

Son Of Anarchy
15 minutes ago, tian447 said:

And he absolutely is :wub:

He goes down in history as the man that masterminded a 5-1 mauling of our biggest rivals in a Cup Final.   That will take some beating!

Add to that what he said about a certain Kilmarnock manager that I detest, Paulo can get no higher in my estimation :thumbsup:

Great manager for us. Shame he was one of the last of Vlad's picks rather than the first... However, there was no point keeping him after the cup win. Why pay a fortune for a manager and then slash his budget?

1 hour ago, Forrest said:

He talks about having sold 4 or 5 players in the January of the 11/12 season.  I remember Ryan Stevenson leaving, but can't remember any of the others off the top of my head.  Who else did we lose in that transfer window?

Balogh, Clum, Jonsson, Ogleby, Balatoni, Sutton

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Balogh, Clum, Jonsson, Ogleby, Balatoni, Sutton

Cheers.  So Jonsson and Stevenson the only real misses.  Not sure about Sutton though - did he not play for us in the 2013 diddy cup final v St Mirren?  Edit - just seen from Wiki that he went on loan to an Aussie team.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
13 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Cheers.  So Jonsson and Stevenson the only real misses.  Not sure about Sutton though - did he not play for us in the 2013 diddy cup final v St Mirren?  Edit - just seen from Wiki that he went on loan to an Aussie team.

Kevin Kyle also got released in March I think but he had been injured throughout and had never played for Sergio.

Other than Stevenson we didn't lose players that would have started the cup final but the squad was obviously stretched. Rudi got kept on on another loan deal and we got Beattie in, without those two it would have been a very mediocre season!.

56 minutes ago, Forrest said:

The Cup final huddie you are thinking of is Ngoo.

It should have been ten
3 hours ago, neonjambo said:

100%, would love to see him back at the club, If Craig ever decides he would like to move back upstairs.

Absolutely mate, would love to see him back with us :tt1:

jambo-in-furness

I loved his time at Tynecastle, almost as much as Terry Butchers stint at Easter rd.

Jack Torrance

Happy days. Loved the atmosphere we had when Paulo was here. Good excuse to air this again. Still the best video I filmed on my phone. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
30 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The Cup final huddie you are thinking of is Ngoo.

Sutton played as well

1 minute ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Sutton played as well

Christ, he must have been even more anonymous than he usually was for us, I have no memory of him even touching the ball.

4 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Happy days. Loved the atmosphere we had when Paulo was here. Good excuse to air this again. Still the best video I filmed on my phone. 

Quality!

24 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Romanov: gave with one hand, slashed our throats with the other.

Romanov: gave with one hand, ran out of stuff to give out.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived