• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• LarrysRightFoot

• letsalldothebeattie

Connor Sammon didn't score for Partick which seems unusual. 

But unlike most league games when he scores and they lose they drew with Aberdeen a crucial point. 

Edited by Mikey1874

RenfrewHearts
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Aidan Keena's goal from yesterday.

Encouraging. Outstanding vision.

Sligo won 2-1 at Bray Wanderers tonight.

Ally Roy seems to have had a good game. Sligo had lost 3 in a row and Roy was sub last game. 

Nearly a full fixture card tonight for our players in Championship and Leagues One and Two. 

Just St Mirren not playing. 

24 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Double for Keena. Starting to get high hopes for the kid.

He's certainly been banging them in down there!

Callumn Morrison, Daniel Baur,  Aidan Keena all start today. 

Nikolay Todorov, Dario Zanatta, Alex Petkov on bench

Angus Beith still out for Stranraer and Harry Paton not in Stenhousemuir squad today. 

Sligo Rovers with Ally Roy play tonight. 

40 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Todorov scores!!

Good lad! Had a £10 treble, draws with QOS v Livi, Dundee Utd v Pars and Morton win. 90 mins +1

:munny:

letsalldothebeattie
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Callumn Morrison, Daniel Baur,  Aidan Keena all start today. 

Nikolay Todorov, Dario Zanatta, Alex Petkov on bench

Angus Beith still out for Stranraer and Harry Paton not in Stenhousemuir squad today. 

Sligo Rovers with Ally Roy play tonight. 

Stranraer tweeted earlier in the week Beith loan is finished as he injured for rest of the season 

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Stranraer tweeted earlier in the week Beith loan is finished as he injured for rest of the season 

Could be the end of his hearts career. Much like Carrick and El Hass we can't keep players on the wage who can't stay injury free.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Good lad! Had a £10 treble, draws with QOS v Livi, Dundee Utd v Pars and Morton win. 90 mins +1

:munny:

Well done Rudolf!!

Hungry hippo
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Could be the end of his hearts career. Much like Carrick and El Hass we can't keep players on the wage who can't stay injury free.

Think it was already decided he was moving on anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
LarrysRightFoot
29 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

A goal for Harry Paton and Aidan Keena yesterday and a clean sheet for Liam Smith

Does anyone know Paton’s contract situation?

I have mentioned before my Stenny supporting mate said that the chat going round there is we have told him he is free to go - Ross County have apparently scouted him.

But a couple of posts on here suggest we will offer him a new deal?

TyphoonJambo
6 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Does anyone know Paton’s contract situation?

I have mentioned before my Stenny supporting mate said that the chat going round there is we have told him he is free to go - Ross County have apparently scouted him.

But a couple of posts on here suggest we will offer him a new deal?

From all the feedback I have read it seems Paton is the new Messi, can’t see us letting him go but best ask FF, he seems to have the real info on the kids

Zanatta has scored for Raith and Paton for Stenny.

Liam Smith starts again for St Mirren as well.

Edited by andrew

A bit of a mix in terms of final results though of course these are secondary. 

Liam Smith certainly has helped St Mirren get promoted. 

Harry Paton of course is leaving. But he's helped Stenhousemuir get to play offs instead of fighting relegation. They play Queens Park who looked like being relegated till they won today. Aidan Keena played again. But this meant Albion Rovers with Daniel Baur are relegated 

Dario Zanatta will also be in the play offs for Raith.

Conor Sammon could still be too.  

Edited by Mikey1874

Futurejambo1

Well done to Liam Smith, Cammy Smith, Lewis Morgan, Gavin Reilly and Stephen McGinn on their place in the PFA Scotland Championship Team of The Year ??

From St Mirren twitter - well done to Liam Smith championship winner and pfa team of the year. Looks like he’s had a good season. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Liam Smith move to St. Mirren permanently. He'd have 3 other right backs to contend with here and he'd be playing every week for them in the top flight. 

Just now, King prawn said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Liam Smith move to St. Mirren permanently. He'd have 3 other right backs to contend with here and he'd be playing every week for them in the top flight. 

Could be good to keep him though, must be on peanuts along with Brandon and Godinho, all 3 can probably cut it at this level so having such depth could keep our RB's on their A-game

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Could be good to keep him though, must be on peanuts along with Brandon and Godinho, all 3 can probably cut it at this level so having such depth could keep our RB's on their A-game

I always thought he did the basics well when played in his proper position. Brandon and Godinho are both 20 and Smith is 22 so that's the reason that I thought he would be away, if he can play week in week out elsewhere. 

Futurejambo1

Don’t think Hearts would let him go for nothing and St Mirren unlikely have money available for transfer fees. 

Im sure your right in that he’d want regular games having played 34 games this season.

Edited by Futurejambo1

Take out any names and affiliations and put it this way. A 22 year old who was a constant for the Scotland under 21s, ran away with the championship And made it into the team of the year. You’d be absolutely delighted if we signed that player. 

Edited by Dayman

LarrysRightFoot

Not sure what our thinking with Liam Smith will be as I personally wouldn’t be surprised if Michael Smith was one of those to leave in the summer.

davie1980
On 4/30/2018 at 17:13, LarrysRightFoot said:

Not sure what our thinking with Liam Smith will be as I personally wouldn’t be surprised if Michael Smith was one of those to leave in the summer.

To be fair, a few of M Smith's more recent appearances have come in central roles anyway.

So it might be a case of having Godinho, Brandon and L Smith fighting it out for the right back role.

I know L Smith will be hoping to have a first team place but so does every player and you have to fight for that place wherever you play.

If he isn't up for the fight to dislodge two twenty year olds, one of whom is returning from long term injury, I'd be disappointed in his attitude. 

He'll want to play at the higher level and even if they have been promoted, we are the bigger club. 

3 players fighting for one slot is hardly excessive.

I hope to see Liam back fighting for a place next term

13 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

To be fair, a few of M Smith's more recent appearances have come in central roles anyway.

So it might be a case of having Godinho, Brandon and L Smith fighting it out for the right back role.

I know L Smith will be hoping to have a first team place but so does every player and you have to fight for that place wherever you play.

If he isn't up for the fight to dislodge two twenty year olds, one of whom is returning from long term injury, I'd be disappointed in his attitude. 

He'll want to play at the higher level and even if they have been promoted, we are the bigger club. 

3 players fighting for one slot is hardly excessive.

I hope to see Liam back fighting for a place next term

If we start next season with Michael Smith anywhere near our midfield we are absolutely fu*ked.

davie1980
31 minutes ago, bistokid said:

If we start next season with Michael Smith anywhere near our midfield we are absolutely fu*ked.

If he is still under contract and stays at the club, I wouldn't have him as a starter, no.

But he is a utility player who can be used in other positions was the point I was trying to make.

Godinho is first pick for me at Right back and will hopefully continue to improve. L Smith and Brandon give us 2 very good options and competition for Godinho and M Smith provides further cover and someone we can use as a third centre back or midfielder if we are really stuck.

All in, the 4 of them combined will not be massively impacting the wage budget so we are in a  good position with them providing cover/competition for places

People are suggesting Liam Smith (still not proven as anything more than a first division standard player) may not want to return due to competition for places.

We need these kind of guys as squad players, you can't expect a 28 man squad to be first team quality and all capable of improving the starting line up

On 30/04/2018 at 16:43, Dayman said:

Take out any names and affiliations and put it this way. A 22 year old who was a constant for the Scotland under 21s, ran away with the championship And made it into the team of the year. You’d be absolutely delighted if we signed that player. 

I never looked at it that way......

Nailed-It-Meme-Maker..jpg

Saint Jambo

I wasn't a massive fan of Smith when he was playing first team football, but surely this is exactly why we loan players out. Give them a taste of first team football. Loan them out at a (crucially) decent level, either upper Championship or lower Premier, and then put them back in the first team. I'd like to see the two Smiths competing for the 1st team slot next season. Try to persuade St Mirren to take Godinho on loan for a year and put Brandon out to an upper Championship team.  Then when Michael Smith is out of contract in 2019 you would have Liam Smith and Godinho to take those two spaces in the squad.

Futurejambo1

Godinho to have surgery on his knee and will miss the remaining fixtures. Hope Demi is fit for Sunday. Got a feeling Celtic will want to avenge the 4-0. 

franko1874
On 30/04/2018 at 15:23, Futurejambo1 said:

Don’t think Hearts would let him go for nothing and St Mirren unlikely have money available for transfer fees. 

Im sure your right in that he’d want regular games having played 34 games this season.

St mirren might have a bit of coin to play with if j mcginn is sold, do they not have a 33% sell on clause? 

Saint Jambo
10 hours ago, franko1874 said:

St mirren might have a bit of coin to play with if j mcginn is sold, do they not have a 33% sell on clause? 

Imagine they will want to spend any windfall on wages rather than significant transfer fees.

letsalldothebeattie
12 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Jamie Brandon’s future will be as a midfielder

My thoughts as well. Especially if come next season it’s going to be Smith(s) & Godinho battling it out before Brandon returns from injury. Make sense to return Jamie to his midfield role

• 2 months later...

Ally Roy has signed for Derry City in League of Ireland (the South) on a permanent deal. Sligo Rovers released him from his loan deal when he told them he didn't want to sign permanent deal. He returned to Hearts for pre-season but deal has now beem done and he made his debut earlier in week. 

Kenny Shiels ex Kilmarnock manager is the manager there. Dean Shiels his son also signed this week. 

Edited by Mikey1874

letsalldothebeattie

Good luck to Ally on the move. Obviously not going to get the chances with us so makes sense to take a decent move for first team football. Hope it works well for him

franko1874

Harry Paton signed for Ross County on a permanent deal also, read some decent match reports on him last season and highly rated by some on here.