Hearts Shop

rab obanheartsno1

rab obanheartsno1

Christ sake the tartan scarves are out of stock again, how many did they re-order 10 after all it is Christmas ?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain America

I tried looking for them online but couldn't see them.

Was going to get them for my dad's Xmas but going get him something else now. 

2 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Shocking!

Budge out!

Cancelling my FoH too until there are more scarves in the shop.

See this standard reply is the worst thing about JKB. Sarcastic replies about how anything anyone complains about automatically means its an attack at Budge. 

Folk have said the pies stick to the foil - budge oot.

Theres not enough toilets - Budge oot.

The team is pish - Budge oot.

Its embarrasing. The club can get some things wrong you know and the shop is a joke the selection online is wank some plain t shirts with a badge on are like 45 quid. Budge does delegate jobs and they aren't carried out properly. 

The sarcastic " aww mad budge oot" replies are tragic. And the "cancelling my FoH" I bet its people who don't even contribute that throw that one about. 

Stephane Grappelli
15 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

See this standard reply is the worst thing about JKB. Sarcastic replies about how anything anyone complains about automatically means its an attack at Budge. 

Folk have said the pies stick to the foil - budge oot.

Theres not enough toilets - Budge oot.

The team is pish - Budge oot.

Its embarrasing. The club can get some things wrong you know and the shop is a joke the selection online is wank some plain t shirts with a badge on are like 45 quid. Budge does delegate jobs and they aren't carried out properly. 

The sarcastic " aww mad budge oot" replies are tragic. And the "cancelling my FoH" I bet its people who don't even contribute that throw that one about. 

Crabbit buggers on Kickback who get annoyed about nothing - Budge out!

rab obanheartsno1

Well the reason I put the post up was because I was told I couldn't order one , so they were on the website yesterday but not now as I assume they out off stock again,not a very good way to run a business, as usual you always get 1 ***** who spouts shite on here 

15 minutes ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

Well the reason I put the post up was because I was told I couldn't order one , so they were on the website yesterday but not now as I assume they out off stock again,not a very good way to run a business, as usual you always get 1 ***** who spouts shite on here 

Glad to see someone else is also frustrated with the club shop and the tartan scarf in particular been trying since last Wednesday with no joy either very poor show

6 minutes ago, hthejambo said:

Glad to see someone else is also frustrated with the club shop and the tartan scarf in particular been trying since last Wednesday with no joy either very poor show

The personalised scarfs are now 6 weeks late, and you have to drag information out of the shop about them, and always get the we don't know when they will be in. Why sell them then, add to that the rest of my order has been held up due to the scarves since September, means birthdays have missed etc and now looks like using them as Christmas gifts is a no go too. It is more than a little frustrating that the online shop is so useless and refuse to even send out a courtesy email to people they have took the money from with a simple update. 

My first experience with the online store since leaving Edinburgh and will be my last, will just pick items up when I get back in town.

Pasquale for King

I think they really need to get someone to run the shop that has some sort of successful background in retail. We always run out of stuff well before Xmas, the tartan scarves for instance will be big sellers for years so why not bulk order and save money.

Then you have rows of expensive tshirts with silly slogans from the past that were never going to sell. Maybe they should consult us on what will sell well, like the 78 Umbro strip.

Snoods, Gloves, thermal socks, thermal underwear, Umbrellas off the top of my head.

stirlingcounty
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think they really need to get someone to run the shop that has some sort of successful background in retail. We always run out of stuff well before Xmas, the tartan scarves for instance will be big sellers for years so why not bulk order and save money.

Then you have rows of expensive tshirts with silly slogans from the past that were never going to sell. Maybe they should consult us on what will sell well, like the 78 Umbro strip.

Snoods, Gloves, thermal socks, thermal underwear, Umbrellas off the top of my head.

Also I had a chat with them and they don't stock bigger sizes because they might get left with them

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would expect that they would do some form of "Market Research". Did the club not change the way the shop side was run recently?

Hearts must have a large list of customers home and Email addresses which could surely be used for "Market Research" purposes. I would be amazed if they have not already thought of this.

We are hardly a man Utd or Chelsea .

I doubt very much we pay the people who work there a great deal.

People wanting some kind of gok wan of retail want to have a wee think.

11 hours ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

Christ sake the tartan scarves are out of stock again, how many did they re-order 10 after all it is Christmas ?

**** sake! Hibs tickets gone and now no phone call about the Tartan scarf. 

I have been in and out the shop over the past few weeks because I wanted to get the new scarf for my old man's Xmas. The woman took my number and said they'd be in touch when they were arriving in :(

Not great customer service at all.

If Mike's in the shop you should talk to him, he'll sort out all your merchandising issues. And he kens how to smile, which is nice.

My missus was going to go down on her day off to get the new scarf for my Christmas but I told her to hang fire and save a journey.

Bit of a shame as her response was 'That's a pity because Nicky Campbell was raving about it on 5Live a couple of weeks back'

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

**** sake! Hibs tickets gone and now no phone call about the Tartan scarf. 

I have been in and out the shop over the past few weeks because I wanted to get the new scarf for my old man's Xmas. The woman took my number and said they'd be in touch when they were arriving in :(

Not great customer service at all.

Picked one up 4 weeks ago.

Strolled in, paid, walked out leaving plenty on the hanger.

Must just have been lucky going by this thread.

:sad:

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Picked one up 4 weeks ago.

Strolled in, paid, walked out leaving plenty on the hanger.

Must just have been lucky going by this thread.

:sad:

And you got that wallet, you're oozing luck ;)

I would love a crack at the managers job at the Hibs shop.?

I would sack all the staff and advertise on JKB for replacements.☺

portobellojambo1
19 hours ago, luckydug said:

I have no reason to disbelieve you.

If you recall I started a similar thread to this one the other day.

Basically I was saying the same as the OP on this thread.

There is something far wrong with the way the shop is being run. Lack of stock at this time of year is unforgivable but if you are correct that might go a long way to explaining the malaise. 

I think you are right about the stock levels, it did form part of the discussion I was in on Saturday, a lot of people who have been going into the club shop looking for Christmas gifts with the Hearts name on it, logo etc (the likes of pyjamas, duvet covers and slippers were only three of the things mentioned) were disappointed to be told they weren't in stock.

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I would love a crack at the managers job at the Hibs shop.?

I would sack all the staff and advertise on JKB for replacements.☺

I'd have a buy one get 10 free day cheapest item to pay for.

Then award all the staff healthy pay rises.

Then I'd accuse Petrie of sexual harassment.

...a bit disco
40 minutes ago, smiler said:

And you got that wallet, you're oozing luck ;)

£25 on the lottery on Saturday, tenner on a scratch card last week and you should see my new jammie/duvet/curtain set.

:biggrin:

I remember Hearts advertising for a new retail manager. The job spec was comprehensive.

Sometimes it takes an outsider to shake things up. If there’s low morale then there it could be for genuine reasons but easily it could be “long in the tooth” staff not willing to adapt to something new. 

The job spec looked clear that success would be measured by an increase in revenues. I’d be inclined to reserve judgement for the moment.

6 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I remember Hearts advertising for a new retail manager. The job spec was comprehensive.

Sometimes it takes an outsider to shake things up. If there’s low morale then there it could be for genuine reasons but easily it could be “long in the tooth” staff not willing to adapt to something new. 

The job spec looked clear that success would be measured by an increase in revenues. I’d be inclined to reserve judgement for the moment.

Well the new retail manager will not increase revenues if there is such a limited amount of stock.

Especially at Christmas time.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, 7628mm said:

I would expect that they would do some form of "Market Research". Did the club not change the way the shop side was run recently?

Hearts must have a large list of customers home and Email addresses which could surely be used for "Market Research" purposes. I would be amazed if they have not already thought of this.

You would hope so, have you had an email as I haven’t and considering I’m on nearly all their lists I think I would’ve had one.

i sent three emails to different departments and left a voicemail recently about old folk and people with sticks struggling down the stairs in the lower part of the new stand, didn’t get a reply. Thankfully hand rails have now been installed.

The weegie guy called John Paul (bit dodgy) has been there for years, his job is probably safe then if these rumours are true. 

Had a poor experience myself with the club shop last week.

I made an order online on the Sunday and on Wednesday noticed I had a missed call off of a number I didn't recognise, so I phoned it back and it was the club store. When I said I was returning a missed call the girl said do you know what for?  I replied no and she just said oh well must be a stupid mistake. Didn't attempt to find out why someone had phoned me and hung up. 

I am still waiting on my order arriving over a week later and they haven't replied to my email. 

Never had any issues with the shop before always been first class especially the guy Peter. 

mulleted_jambo

I've been in quite a few times to pick up tickets in the past year or so and always look to see if they have any tartan scarves in stock and they never seem to have them.   Maybe they can only order a limited amount at at time as the company can't make too many?

Hearts n Hibs half n half scarves ..... stock them and they’ll never sell out!!!

Always available I hope ........

.... and never stocked again!!

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Hearts n Hibs half n half scarves ..... stock them and they’ll never sell out!!!

Always available I hope ........

.... and never stocked again!!

We already have them. They're in alternating stripes- maroon for Hearts, white for them.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We already have them. They're in alternating stripes- maroon for Hearts, white for them.

..... like it!!

Wife ordered my Christmas presents from the store three weeks ago, she is still waiting for any notification.

No tracking number for overseas customers so no idea if it is customs - tbh a little concerned as I know she spent quite a large sum.

The shop policy of if your package doesn't arrive within 30 days and you have not contacted us so tough. is a little harsh.

rab obanheartsno1

Replying to a earlier reply, we don't all stay in Edinburgh pal and when I'm at every home game I go in and check, doesn't really bother me now as they've just lost another sale ?????

special agent oso

Off topic a little so forgive me

I went for the click and collection option for the limited edition top, cant find anything online or had any correspondence as to when its available to collect, does any know when its available?

On my receipt it said 2 days after placing order which was 22/11/17, but heard nothing.

6 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Wife ordered my Christmas presents from the store three weeks ago, she is still waiting for any notification.

No tracking number for overseas customers so no idea if it is customs - tbh a little concerned as I know she spent quite a large sum.

The shop policy of if your package doesn't arrive within 30 days and you have not contacted us so tough. is a little harsh.

I ordered something mid week but wanted it delivered as a gift to my brother in order for him to wear it in the lounge at the weekend. Therefore, to ensure it got there on time, I took the expensive £7.50  1-2 day delivery option. Needless to say it didn't get there, in fact I got an email confirming it's dispatch 3 days after the order was placed. What's the point? A call to the shop was answered with the reply that " we can't really tell when it's dispatched as it's  done by another company and to be honest mate, you would be better sticking to the normal cheaper delivery option as they all get posted in batches" How the hell is that a professional service?

it was too late by then and it eventually arrived, now wrapped as an extra Christmas present, and I didn't want to push for the delivery cash back as I felt it was the club being punished but I feel I would have been entirely within my rights to do so as an advertised service was paid for and not provided.

All pretty amateurish and not a level of service  which I think Ann is be pleased with.

The Treasurer

The lack of stock and the poor range of goods on sale is not a new thing.

I find it incredible that, apart from actual strips, there is very little in the way of t-shirts, polo shirts etc that are actually maroon.

The lack of choice aside, to not have extra stock of what limited merchandise they have available at this time of year is shocking and must cost the club a fair amount in lost revenue.

We can only hope that once they move the shop to the new stand, things will improve, but I'm not holding my breath

I've not been in for a few years due to living down South but I have been unimpressed with the online store. But tbf I don't think there is much demand for Hearts thermal underwear. However I do believe this is an issue that is still to be addressed. Don't forget we were a mess when Ann took over and I am sure once the New Main Stand is fully up and running the club can address the other issues. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

Can't recall when the role was advertised (it was Head of Retail rather than Shop Manager,) but assuming say a month to do applications and another for current work notice period, I wouldn't be convinced stock levels at this stage are necessarily the new Head of Retails direct input.

Notwithstanding negative comments are about the Shop Manager and roles which may or may not be advertised publicly via the club website.

9 hours ago, Marvin said:

I've not been in for a few years due to living down South but I have been unimpressed with the online store. But tbf I don't think there is much demand for Hearts thermal underwear.

IMG_1563.JPG

Maroon Sailor
8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Is the older gadgy with the grey hair not the manager. He usually does the serving.

I think you are thinking of JP

20 hours ago, rab obanheartsno1 said:

There is also the main reason for bringing this facility back into the Club's control and the franchise taken away and that was to make more money.

It's hard to do that when you don't have enough stock. Ok you don't want to have thousands of pounds sitting in a warehouse in the form of dead stock but in the lead up to Xmas then they should be making sure supplies are plentiful.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You would hope so, have you had an email as I haven’t and considering I’m on nearly all their lists I think I would’ve had one.

i sent three emails to different departments and left a voicemail recently about old folk and people with sticks struggling down the stairs in the lower part of the new stand, didn’t get a reply. Thankfully hand rails have now been installed.

The weegie guy called John Paul (bit dodgy) has been there for years, his job is probably safe then if these rumours are true. 

I an unaware of receiving any "market research" from the club regarding the shop stock and what I would like to be able to buy or another "ideas". I would say that I may have missed it and just filed any Email in its HMFC folder. 

Captain America
3 hours ago, special agent oso said:

Off topic a little so forgive me

I went for the click and collection option for the limited edition top, cant find anything online or had any correspondence as to when its available to collect, does any know when its available?

On my receipt it said 2 days after placing order which was 22/11/17, but heard nothing.

Has been discussed on this thread 

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/173536-iconic-78-shirt-for-pre-order/&page=7

15th December is date given on that thread.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, bam95 said:

IMG_1563.JPG

These sold well, no idea if thermal underwear would sell I was just thinking on the spot about how cold it is at most games and the demographics of our support. I would buy them anyway hahahah.

On 11/12/2017 at 09:47, rab obanheartsno1 said:

I wish I had seen this thread yesterday as I went round at lunchtime only to be told they had sold out and they didnt know when they were getting them back in.

The shop is a total shambles. Coming up for Christmas time and knowing that this scarf was going to be a big seller they should have loads of them in.

My Mum was looking for a traditional maroon and white bar scarf but the ones they have in stock are really cheaply made. The quality of them are that poor that I might just say to her to go to one of the street sellers before the game tonight.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

The quality of them are that poor that I might just say to her to go to one of the street sellers before the game tonight.

That's not a bad shout tbh

Francis Albert

Shop has been awful for about 5 years. Used always to find something to buy (good quality Pringle jumpers for example)  but even simple things like umbrellas, mouse mats and coasters rarely if ever available now. I've been looking to buy a new tartan scarf for ages. This is a classic that will never go out of fashion or not be in demand, so there is no excuse for being regularly out of stock.

The photo book which was a perfect memorabilia item for the old stand sold out in about two hours despite it being blindingly obvious it would be in great demand.

The decision to site the temporary shop in the Wheatfield undercroft so it wasn't accessible before and after the games was also a bit bizarre.

My mate just called and was told it shuts at 5pm tonight. Surely not on a game night unless due to safety I suppose. 

Archived