Sportscene

Beast Boy

Also, Brendan Rodgers looks like he has a drink problem. Alcoholic’s nose and lips...

As you were...

Would be nice if ‘Thommo’ telt Mickey to shut his hole every once in a while too... you can see he wants to. That wee smirk that Mickey does when he’s just made a sly dig is irritating.

Footballfirst
38 minutes ago, Ryder said:

On just now.

Was that Oli Shaw one of ours?

Yes he was with us until U15, after which he was released and picked up by Hibs.  His younger brother was also at the academy, but he too was released.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes he was with us until U15, after which he was released and picked up by Hibs.  His younger brother was also at the academy, but he too was released.

We seem to let quite a few boys go that go on to do quite well at Premiership level. Is there a reason for this?

Footballfirst
Just now, Ryder said:

We seem to let quite a few boys go that go on to do quite well at Premiership level. Is there a reason for this?

I don't think that there are that many who go on to play at Premiership level.

I'm pretty sure that Oli was released with the change of regime.  The Academy staff may have been told to be ruthless at that point and clear out anyone that they had doubts about. However, I know some of his previous coaches liked him for his work rate and unselfish running off the ball.

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think that there are that many who go on to play at Premiership level.

I'm pretty sure that Oli was released with the change of regime.  The Academy staff may have been told to be ruthless at that point and clear out anyone that they had doubts about. However, I know some of his previous coaches liked him for his work rate and unselfish running off the ball.

Cheers. It’s probably just one of those situations where you notice it more with your own former players.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Cheers. It’s probably just one of those situations where you notice it more with your own former players.

I watch a fair bit of junior, lowland league and EOS leagues and I frequently see ex Hearts youths playing  at a lower level.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

I watch a fair bit of junior, lowland league and EOS leagues and I frequently see ex Hearts youths playing  at a lower level.

Glad to be wrong on this occasion. ?

5 hours ago, Ryder said:

Glad to be wrong on this occasion. ?

I was wondering the same thing to be fair , Cummings and Shaw stand out but from the posts I guess its good to know its 2 out of a large number and they just stand out cause of where they have been successful. Is there any players who they’ve released who weve picked up and they’ve been a success?

7 hours ago, Ryder said:

Also, Brendan Rodgers looks like he has a drink problem. Alcoholic’s nose and lips...

As you were...

overdone the false tan maybe.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

overdone the false tan maybe.

Could be. He really shouldn’t be drinking that stuff. :thumbsup:

rab obanheartsno1

He'll be on it again then after seeing who his teams paired with in the Europa league, can see another drubbing coming???

maroonnicky63
Just now, Ryder said:

yes it happens to every single team , clubs don't have crystal balls to see if a player is going to make it or not it's just a judgment call they do it so can bring in other promising youngster to look at, sometime you get it right and sometimes you get it wrong , nothing new in this at all or unusual either.

20 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Our highlights must be one of the shortest ever shown☺

Reflected the game I am afraid

queensferryjambo

Michael Stewart was pleading innocence last week on his constant trashing of Levein and then chucks in a sly dig at Levein again this week.

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Michael Stewart was pleading innocence last week on his constant trashing of Levein and then chucks in a sly dig at Levein again this week.

I hate that smug wee ‘gulp’/smirk thing that he does after saying something snidey just before the camera switches. Definitely ‘one of those faces’.

14 hours ago, Ryder said:

Releasing a player at that age can be the making of them.

Sometimes it takes a hit like that to give a talented lad the shake he needs to apply that little bit extra to make it pro.

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hibsmythagain Shaw ain’t going to make it - very average youngster

Exactly. He's scored twice against Celtic and he's the next Lionel Messi ffs

He'd be better placed for a career change as Plug fi the Beano's stunt double :D

Dougie Masterton
17 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

He wasn't released because the club didn't think he could make the grade, he asked for his papers as he wasn't getting on with his coach at that level. The hierarchy at the academy were to blame for him leaving. They did nothing to help the lad when he complained, once again a good prospect lost.  

FFS our bit was horrific, even worse if you're a Well supporter.

I mean I was there and came away reasonably content, just shows how any mangled win will gloss over the utter pish you've just taken in.

1 hour ago, Dougie Masterton said:

He wasn't released because the club didn't think he could make the grade, he asked for his papers as he wasn't getting on with his coach at that level. The hierarchy at the academy were to blame for him leaving. They did nothing to help the lad when he complained, once again a good prospect lost.  

Frustrating if true. He’s got a goal scoring instinct - exactly the type of player we need.

Archived