12 unbeaten ( edited )

Bazzas right boot

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Quality, yes but also balance.

Very unbalanced side.

Absolutely. 

Patchwork team who have given 100% the last 8 games. 

Credit to Levein.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current domestic unbeaten runs in Scotland;

Albion Rovers 2

Alloa 2

Rangers 2

Aberdeen 2

Clyde 3

Stenhousemuir 3

Queen's Park 3

Falkirk 3

Hibernian 3

Airdrieonians 4

St Mirren 4

Celtic 4

Peterhead 5

Raith Rovers 5

Annan Athletic 8

Heart of Midlothian 9

4 top-6 opponents in our last 4 games, 0 goals conceded in those 4.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to 11 unbeaten ( edited )

My only gripe about it is, 11 game draws would have been 11 points, 11 wins with more goals scored than lost per game  would be 33 points  ( theory of course)

So the fact of a great defence ( tick)  is not as great a thing as a great attacking force.  

I realise that Craig had to build from the back up of course!  

5 minutes ago, Alva-Jambo said:

My only gripe about it is, 11 game draws would have been 11 points, 11 wins with more goals scored than lost per game  would be 33 points  ( theory of course)

So the fact of a great defence ( tick)  is not as great a thing as a great attacking force.  

4 v Celtic and 3 last night and 1 on Sunday..........8 goals against 2 top 4 teams and a traditionally hard away game....its getting better man! 

N Lincs Jambo

Just read this thread from page 2 to the end tonight. Thank God the boys on the park have kept doing what they are doing and have managed to get the thread back on track. Really looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season pans out and if we get past Albion Rovers/St Johnstone we're in a cup 1/4 final. We tend either to go deep in the cup or get bundled out early doors. We've overcome an irritant from Lochend for the first time since we gave them it dry on 19.05.12 (in the Cup that is) and I've got a sneeky feeling that we're due a really good run this year. The 4-0 v the jungle jims says we should fear absolutely no-one in this country and that should be the same league or cup.

Tbh I can't see us going undefeated between now and the end of the season but for those of us old enough to remember, there are some similarities between how this season is with 85-86. We started that one with 5 away defeats against the dross of the division and were looking like relegation fodder. Fortunately Tynecastle Park was a fortress and we went the entire season undefeated at home. We are still undefeated at Tynecastle this season and the confidence is rising rapidly.

A couple of months or so ago I asked on here if our problems were due to a lack of confidence or ability. The general concensus then was ability. I thought then and hope I will be proved right that it was down to confidence.

Onwards and upwards!!

10 hours ago, Alva-Jambo said:

6dded811-6b5f-4c63-8677-e97d8fffd225_560

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Alva-Jambo said:

Or great attack and lost every game 4-3?

Clean sheets mean you can't lose a game.

Great attack, you can still lose.

Ofc it's better to win than draw, that's football 101, if we're pointing out the obvious, a draw is better than a defeat ?.

21 hours ago, Alva-Jambo said:

We were such a shambles after Cathro, CL had to make us solid and competitive again.

I think the signing of Naismith is massive in terms of our goal scoring threat, both in terms of him scoring them and also assists - not to mention that Lafferty will be right up for it with his old mucker along side him.

• redm changed the title to 12 unbeaten ( edited )

Way to many draws. We are getting there and we played a lot better today than on Wednesday but a stupid foul and loss of concentration wasted all the good work today. 

Terrific run. Well done lads.

Draw feels like a defeat but we move on.

Should focus us for the next game and it's a big one. 

Congratulations to the team for achieving a run of 8 games without once letting the ball cross our goal line. An absolutely outstanding achievement. Always going to come to an end at some point, and now that it has, it's time to say take a bow lads. Well played.

4 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Congratulations to the team for achieving a run of 8 games without once letting the ball cross our goal line. An absolutely outstanding achievement. Always going to come to an end at some point, and now that it has, it's time to say take a bow lads. Well played.

Or as the hobos claimed theyre one stopped our run should we not claim Motherwells didnt so its 9 now ?

Very much echo your statement though. For one of our great teams to have achieved this would of been impressive as but for this team to do it from where we were for most of 2017 is an unbelievable achievement.

That aside it is also 9 games without the ball hitting our net so.....

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Or as the hobos claimed theyre one stopped our run should we not claim Motherwells didnt so its 9 now ?

Very much echo your statement though. For one of our great teams to have achieved this would of been impressive as but for this team to do it from where we were for most of 2017 is an unbelievable achievement.

That aside it is also 9 games without the ball hitting our net so.....

:) And, as the history books will show, of our 8 clean sheets, two were against Hibs!  

Disappointing to drop the two points in the last seconds of the game today, we've got to look to bounce back and take the 3 points at Celtic on Tuesday. We rested a few players with Tuesday in mind, just like we done before the last time we beat/played Celtic. Losing the clean sheet record with the last kick of the game is gutting, but it shows we have to fight to keep records like these going, it starts on Tuesday night.

2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Could be a long time before this record is broken by another Hearts team. Phenomenal stuff. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Statto said:

Disappointing to drop the two points in the last seconds of the game today, we've got to look to bounce back and take the 3 points at Celtic on Tuesday. We rested a few players with Tuesday in mind, just like we done before the last time we beat/played Celtic. Losing the clean sheet record with the last kick of the game is gutting, but it shows we have to fight to keep records like these going, it starts on Tuesday night.

Don't think we can realistically expect anything on Tuesday, very tough game. Can as good as write it off

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Don't think we can realistically expect anything on Tuesday, very tough game. Can as good as write it off

Said the same in December...

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Said the same in December...

Even a month ago McGregor was saying they wanted revenge. They're well up for it, really fear the worst 

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not being funny mate but lets hope the players aint got that attitude

The Future's Maroon
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Even a month ago McGregor was saying they wanted revenge. They're well up for it, really fear the worst 

I respect everything people say on here, but the defeatist attitude is just poor, hope the team don't feel that way.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I respect everything people say on here, but the defeatist attitude is just poor, hope the team don't feel that way.

If the players read this site then we're *****

10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Unless they read it and say "**** that shower of pessimistic wankers!"

33 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Nonsense.

What a shite outlook ????

The Future's Maroon
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Some do, including management.

24 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Doesn't matter. They still have to perform.

Words are nothing.

Celtic are grinding out results, as are we or have been.

Celtic can spring out a big performance and I think we all know that, but they were never going to keep up the levels they hit earlier in the season. 

I hope the recent win v them has broadened our belief and cut our fear. We have to be single minded and not think too much about them and how good they can be.

Lets think about how good we can be. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Some do, including management.

Ye Ann Budge probably reads this site. And then spends the next few days confused

The Future's Maroon
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye Ann Budge probably reads this site. And then spends the next few days confused

No need to be pendantic buddy.

Maybe, she has staff who monitor the site - maybe she is a poster herself.

44 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Fcku McGregor! Hearts are well capable of taking something out the game!

55 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Like a guy in a tank going on about seeking revenge against a guy with a revolver who managed to take him out. Embarrassing stuff from Celtic with all their megabucks.

The same Celtic that keep getting hammered in Europe.  Why am I not terrified?

I know we're not exactly PSG but neither are they and the last time we played them, we thumped them.

To be honest I'd rather it was them than Rangers.  I think they might well be on the way up and Celtic the opposite.

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

No need to be pendantic buddy.

Maybe, she has staff who monitor the site - maybe she is a poster herself.

Possibly

August Landmesser

We can start another wee run now, of the games before the split, it's only Ibrox that is a big worry. We can beat the sheep at Tynie, and Hibs at their hovel. Killie might be tricky, but they seem to be a bit inconsistent just now.

8 in a row coming up, plus cup games.

HHGH!

10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

We can start another wee run now, of the games before the split, it's only Ibrox that is a big worry. We can beat the sheep at Tynie, and Hibs at their hovel. Killie might be tricky, but they seem to be a bit inconsistent just now.

8 in a row coming up, plus cup games.

HHGH!

Need to play a ****ing good deal better at Easter Road than we have of late 

A record to be proud of. We take the lumps and move on. Now St Johnstone need to be put to the sword. Let’s go on another run. :)

Archived