Safety Certificate

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:wow:

That escalated quickly. Pity the leak had little to no impact! :laugh:

That said, presumably we got some proper sparkies in to sort things out. As for the directors box, why is that an issue in the first place? They aren't exactly royalty.

T Clarkes ? What a shambles

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

30 odd standing is easier to deal with than 3500 standing. I imagine they'll deal with the easy issue and ignore the hard one.

The police use that excuse for the singing too, and the midsole throwing and pie stand robbing (and abusing and spitting at staff, mostly teenaged girls).  

Wonder if the McKinnon incident when he was subbed and sat in the stand exchanging verbals with some fans had anything to di with it . 

To be fair could see that being a problem with Celtic , Hibs etc if it's not addressed although I must confess I didn't see the incident only what was reported. 

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Wonder if the McKinnon incident when he was subbed and sat in the stand exchanging verbals with some fans had anything to di with it . 

To be fair could see that being a problem with Celtic , Hibs etc if it's not addressed although I must confess I didn't see the incident only what was reported. 

Given what went on, his manager could have ensured he got a dugout seat but chose not to.

19 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Only a temporary problem until the players use the new stand tunnel...which won't be that long.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Planning application wouldn’t cover that level of detail I think. 

Would the Police not have to agree to aspects of the planning application though or on consultation before it was presented and i’d assume the plans included directors area placement and you’d see exits / entrances etc. I don’t personally see the issue with the directors area or the seats behind thwndug outs etc. Common place in football stadiumss nowadays.

Thomaso’s made a ***** of this. Thank **** Levein seems to have got things going in the right direction on the pitch. Helps distract us all from the incompetence. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

You have to admire the professionalism running through the club now. Everything runs so smoothly :rolleyes4:

6 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Queueing for the Wheatfield was really bad last season, and I am talking about more that doubling back on itself, so  why is that an issue being raised now. 

Queues at the Wheatfield became an issue when they put a couple of barriers up on the path beside the turnstiles and we all became far to polite and began forming an orderly single file queue along Wheatfield Place. Why? There must be a dozen turnstiles so no queues should form like that until at the actual turnstile area. I sometimes use the Gorgie Stand turnstiles despite walking in from the Wheatfield side of the stadium as its so much quicker. No one queuing in single file along the Gorgie Road! ha

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Only a temporary problem until the players use the new stand tunnel...which won't be that long.

Why will that make a difference,subbed players don’t go straight up the tunnel,the problem seems to be he sat in seats behind dugout instead of sitting in dugout.He was looking to stir things imo.

3 minutes ago, obua said:

Why will that make a difference,subbed players don’t go straight up the tunnel,the problem seems to be he sat in seats behind dugout instead of sitting in dugout.He was looking to stir things imo.

Sorry, that was wishful thinking on my behalf regarding McKinnon, was thinking of players sent off.

Subbed players is easy rectified. dugout or stand !

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, that was wishful thinking on my behalf regarding McKinnon, was thinking of players sent off.

Subbed players is easy rectified. dugout or stand !

Yes they need to be kept in dugout area and not allowed into stand.

been here before
2 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Maybe so yeah, but there will be an uproar against the club and the police for banning paying fans for standing.

"An uproar"?   :facepalm:

There really wont be.

You buy a ticket for an all seated stadium which you know is all seated and that you're not allowed to stand.

You know that by standing not only are you compromising the club but are at best inconveniencing others and at worst blocking the veiw for any disabled, less fit, older or younger fans who may be unfortunate enough be near you.

You know that by not abiding to these rules could result in your season ticket being removed.

But you dint give a fxxk cos you want to stand where you're not supposed to. Now we could argue the toss about safe standing and all the rest of it and personally Id prefer to stand but thats showbiz these days, this is the stadium we now have and the rules that are there for all.

You refusing to sit  to prove some pathetic point makes you something akin to an ignorant arsehole to be honest.

14 minutes ago, obua said:

Yes they need to be kept in dugout area and not allowed into stand.

It really is that simple. McKinnon and his welt manager just like to stir. He should of been in the dugout. 

The only real problem is the directors / sponsors using the same exits. That really should of been thought of and will create nothing but problems. Hopefully they will sort that one out as it really is an important one.

Also It’s an all seated stadium so if folk complain about not being able to see because folk are standing then just sit down. Failure to do so and it really is asking for trouble. I do hope that we get a standing area in the future so people can stand if they want to.

at the games at Easter Road for instance we always stand but this season I had an elderly bloke behind me and therefore I sat so he could see. Simple.

Stephane Grappelli

The fire alarm at Murrayfield still goes off quite a lot with a squad of fire appliances being summoned each time.  I wonder if the council have been made aware of that.

Also, with regards to the opposition manger being sent off, Mark McGhee didn't have much protection when he got sent off at Pittodrie last season.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Standing in seated areas is a UK wide problem. Even Scot Squad would know this 

The Future's Maroon

Mountain/molehill springs to mind, this stuff goes on all the time....but, as a "non-Hearts persuasion" seen this letter it suddenly appears in public.

Personally, nothing wrong about the genuine concerns raised, however....the person who leaked it, mmmmm could be a hard new year ahead.

Bungalow Bill
4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

We have NO standing areas - end of.   So just sit down (between goals/incidents) or face ejection. Simple.

Spot on. Should be simple enough to punish those too given they are all season ticket holders. 

1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

Spot on. Should be simple enough to punish those too given they are all season ticket holders. 

And how many Celtic fans do you think will be standing in the Roseburn? And Police Scotland will do what about it ? 

Heehaw that's what , that particular concern from PC plod is laughable, no wonder they are held in such contempt with clowns like that at the helm . 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A bizarre episode this one. The police gone in two footed and been made to look like twats

Par for the course when it comes to Football.

If standing at football is a “health and safety” concern then all the police commander had to do is ask the referee to stop the game until everyone is seated. 

Lets see how that pans out. 

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

If this was such an issue, why did the 'police concern' letter omit the McKinnon situation ?????

Stop raising non issues.

3 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

If this was such an issue, why did the 'police concern' letter omit the McKinnon situation ?????

Stop raising non issues.

It's an issue and could still be going forward if it's not nipped in the bud which I'm sure it will be . 

34 minutes ago, ramrod said:

And how many Celtic fans do you think will be standing in the Roseburn? And Police Scotland will do what about it ? 

Heehaw that's what , that particular concern from PC plod is laughable, no wonder they are held in such contempt with clowns like that at the helm . 

Spot on.

Can't wait to see the 'Bob Paris' letter to the council, SFA, SPFL, and the media in regards to the Celtic and Hibs fans behaviour after both they teams visit Tynecastle Patk

1 hour ago, been here before said:

There really wont be.

You buy a ticket for an all seated stadium which you know is all seated and that you're not allowed to stand.

You know that by standing not only are you compromising the club but are at best inconveniencing others and at worst blocking the veiw for any disabled, less fit, older or younger fans who may be unfortunate enough be near you.

You know that by not abiding to these rules could result in your season ticket being removed.

But you dint give a fxxk cos you want to stand where you're not supposed to. Now we could argue the toss about safe standing and all the rest of it and personally Id prefer to stand but thats showbiz these days, this is the stadium we now have and the rules that are there for all.

You refusing to sit  to prove some pathetic point makes you something akin to an ignorant arsehole to be honest.

Good post mate ?

Would actually be a bonus if we lost our safety certificate for a couple of weeks and next three home games were rescheduled into February when we will have added to to squad. Budge/Leveins masterplan maybe?

Nelly Terraces

You'd think the bumbling incompetents at Police Scotland would wish to concern themselves more with the cultural bullying & harassment within their own organisation rather than a few minor safety issues & people standing at a sporting event (take it they write to the SFA in regards this issue after every Scotland fixture at Hampden?)...

Chief constable Phil Gormley is on "special leave" after allegations of gross misconduct, while assistant chief constable Bernard Higgins and two other officers have been suspended as part of an investigation into criminal and misconduct allegations.

Oh dear. Hypocrites. 

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1403804-msps-to-debate-motion-of-no-confidence-in-police-scotland/

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, been here before said:

There really wont be.

Bet you're a laugh at parties. 

That letter looks as if it's been written by a bitter resident of the flea pit in Lochend. 

No water in the toilets .

It's Tynecastle ffs we've been spoiled two games in a row we had hot water?.

Fans wanting to stand at the football.

A fire alarm goes off.

Shut the place down these things never happen elsewhere.?

Can't wait to see the Police reaction when a stand full of Celtic fans want to stand for 90 minutes.

I've actually just joined this thread that letter is a wind up yes ?

15 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You used to be more fun too. :(

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

That letter looks as if it's been written by a bitter resident of the flea pit in Lochend. 

No water in the toilets .

It's Tynecastle ffs we've been spoiled two games in a row we had hot water?.

Fans wanting to stand at the football.

A fire alarm goes off.

Shut the place down these things never happen elsewhere.?

Can't wait to see the Police reaction when a stand full of Celtic fans want to stand for 90 minutes.

I've actually just joined this thread that letter is a wind up yes ?

Bulletproof glass has been completed around the Directors area, and I believe the jail for big bad Levein when he's next sent off will be completed tomorrow, so Saturday will go ahead.

Nelly Terraces
9 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You used to be more fun too. :(

Still am bro.  Just you don't get the invites.

Rave On.???✌

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Still am bro.  Just you don't get the invites.

Rave On.???✌

Thats a bit dull. I’m a ****ing riot at parties/raves/soft play. 

:sob:

A wee chorus of "sit doon or ye'll get flung oot" should be aimed at the visiting support.

Why should we be the only ones to have to obey the rules.☺

been here before
36 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I bet in your head that makes some sort of connective sense.

Do explain.

Wonder when police Scotland are going to worry about the state of the away end at Aberdeen the main stand at partick and don't get me started about the pot holes and mud bath that is the car park at Perth .

Nelly Terraces
6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Thats a bit dull. I’m a ****ing riot at parties/raves/soft play. 

:sob:

" 'Ello 'Ello 'Ello, what have we hear then? Things getting out of hand in the ball pit at soft play Sir eh, tch tch, we can't be having that..." 

Look out for a letter from Police Scotland landing on the mat at Ryder Mansions soon old son!?

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

" 'Ello 'Ello 'Ello, what have we hear then? Things getting out of hand in the ball pit at soft play Sir eh, tch tch, we can't be having that..." 

Look out for a letter from Police Scotland landing on the mat at Ryder Mansions soon old son!?

:lol: Nice.

(you did used to be more fun though)

Nelly Terraces
24 minutes ago, Ryder said:

:lol: Nice.

(you did used to be more fun though)

Oohhh why I oughta! I resemble that remark Ryder you rascal! ?

Badom, tish!

All credit to the police for raising fair and legitimate concerns ...... all of which have been aired by ‘fans’ in this forum.

the fact is there was no real system testing before the first match. What I mean is testing with real simulation eg 50% capacity, a lot of new grounds have first game / testing with less than full capacity.

The concerns raised by the police when addressed will create a long lasting safe environment for many future generations of Jambos.

HHGH

6 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Maybe so yeah, but there will be an uproar against the club and the police for banning paying fans for standing.

Or you could all just sit for a few weeks till it blows over naw ?

This whole debacle is all a bit bizarre to be honest.

Police Scotland essentially coming up with a snagging list for the new stand. Maybe this is perfectly normal, and we're just not usually made aware of such comments as they are passed around internally without us ever knowing..... but it seems unlikely.

Bottom line is that theres nothing really on that list which is of any real concern. Its a bit embarrassing that's its even become newsworthy in honesty.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

What was wrong with that post?

The Treasurer

So to sum up.

1. A major (very challenging) construction project has a few snagging issues, none of which are major or unable to be rectified.

2. Someone in either Police Scotland or Edinburgh Council have leaked a confidential document to the press.

I'd say item 2 is of more serious concern than item 1.

11 hours ago, ramrod said:

100% this. 

Archived