Safety Certificate

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

It doesn't say in our release what concessions we had to make or what action we're being asked to take. I don't imagine they just had a cup of tea and Ms Budge raised her butt cheek and farted loudly in the general direction of the letter and they all had a jolly good laugh and decided it amounted to nothing.

Please let it be that that is what happened  :rofl:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't say in our release what concessions we had to make or what action we're being asked to take. I don't imagine they just had a cup of tea and Ms Budge raised her butt cheek and farted loudly in the general direction of the letter and they all had a jolly good laugh and decided it amounted to nothing.

Not that it matters but each issue would have been addressed and the resolution explained. 

2 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

I anticipate a step up from stewards to make us sit in N this weekend.

Good luck to them 

You don't think they'll make an example of a few ? Not at the time because that's just asking for trouble, but the CCTV is pretty good these days and they can easily ban half a dozen retrospectively  if they are so minded

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not that it matters but each issue would have been addressed and the resolution explained. 

The standing issue has clearly not been addressed, though. 

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

It doesn't say in our release what concessions we had to make or what action we're being asked to take. I don't imagine they just had a cup of tea and had a good laugh at the letter and decided it amounted to nothing.

I'm sure they didn't.  But as I said before, most of the issues in the letter - queues at the Wheatfield, floodlights, turnstiles, false fire alarm, have all been investigated and dealt with by the Club.

The location of the Directors is an issue, but one that can be resolved with more stewarding, leaving vacant seats around Directors, etc.

That leaves some Hearts fans standing. That will be sorted by the Club insisting that fans sit or face ejection by the police. Now - after the Police Superintendent making a formal issue of that - how will he deal with standing Celtic fans.......

2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

We have NO standing areas - end of.   So just sit down (between goals/incidents) or face ejection. Simple.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

That leaves some Hearts fans standing. That will be sorted by the Club insisting that fans sit or face ejection by the police. Now - after the Police Superintendent making a formal issue of that - how will he deal with standing Celtic fans.......

30 odd standing is easier to deal with than 3500 standing. I imagine they'll deal with the easy issue and ignore the hard one.

30 odd standing is easier to deal with than 3500 standing. I imagine they'll deal with the easy issue and ignore the hard one.

Yes we know this will be the case - but the Police Superintendent has set himself up if he now just ignores Celtic fans standing - mob rule in other words!

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We have NO standing areas - end of.   So just sit down (between goals/incidents) or face ejection. Simple.

Fans always stand at Ibrox, Parkhead, Hampden etc etc, why should our fans be treated differently?

And will the Hibs, Rangers & Celtic fans standing at Tynecastle be ejected? Or just our own? 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes we know this will be the case - but the Police Superintendent has set himself up if he now just ignores Celtic fans standing - mob rule in other words!

Yes he has set himself up for criticism. But, if your hauled up in front of some process at Tynecastle and they want to ban you, your not going to escape by saying' Well they did it tae'

No one on either side will be ejected for standing at the Celtic or Hibs games. They'll pick a much lower profile game to act on that.

Celtic fans standing is the least of the worries. If that's all they did they wouldn't be a problem. I'm far more concerned about damage, assaults and threats and thefts that they do every time they are through in large numbers.

Wonder if the police will have a presence in the Roseburn to monitor these clowns ? Yeah thought not , absolutely hopeless as usual  focusing this wrong targets as always . 

3 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Fans always stand at Ibrox, Parkhead, Hampden etc etc, why should our fans be treated differently?

And will the Hibs, Rangers & Celtic fans standing at Tynecastle be ejected? Or just our own? 

We have no standing areas at Tynecastle, and now that the Police have made a song and dance about Hearts standing in the new stand then the Club have no option but to enforce it.  Sad but there you have it.

The Police do not have the bottle to enforce this with OF fans - equally sad!

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Celtic fans standing is the least of the worries. If that's all they did they wouldn't be a problem. I'm far more concerned about damage, assaults and threats and thefts that they do every time they are through in large numbers.

Which, of course, we are inviting, due to the new stand (chosen) overspend. 

Just now, Thomaso said:

We have no standing areas at Tynecastle, and now that the Police have made a song and dance about Hearts standing in the new stand then the Club have no option but to enforce it.  Sad but there you have it.

The Police do not have the bottle to enforce this with OF fans - equally sad!

Will they enforce it in all areas of the stadium? 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Wonder if the police will have a presence in the Roseburn to monitor these clowns ? Yeah thought not , absolutely hopeless as usual  focusing this wrong targets as always . 

They will be nowhere to be seen - but if there's a flashpoint at a Celtic match, two of them appear at each exit of the Wheatfield eye balling Hearts fans and looking for a victim!!

Will they enforce it in all areas of the stadium? 

All Hearts areas no doubt.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

They will be nowhere to be seen - but if there's a flashpoint at a Celtic match, two of them appear at each exit of the Wheatfield eye balling Hearts fans and looking for a victim!!

This all comes back to selling them far too many tickets. That many determined to cause trouble in a confined space are too hard to manage without hundreds of cops

16 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

How do you know it's not been addressed?  

Just now, Thomaso said:

All Hearts areas no doubt.

That is precisely my issue. You said that the club would have no option but to enforce it, why would they choose to ignore an entire stand doing it? Surely safety is just as important in the Roseburn as the other stands? 

This all comes back to selling them far too many tickets. That many determined to cause trouble in a confined space are too hard to manage without hundreds of cops

Indeed - mob rule as I said. These scum get away with it all over Scotland - and further afield!

Goldstone Wonder
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Anything that raises the possibility of crowd disorder/H&S is a legitimate police concern. In isolation, most of the listed items would just be raised as a matter of concern. Taken together, it's obvious they felt it had to be addressed formally.

Evening officer. 

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

How do you know it's not been addressed?  

Because people are posting on here that they will continue to stand in N, Celtic fans will stand when they visit, as will Hibs fans. 

That is precisely my issue. You said that the club would have no option but to enforce it, why would they choose to ignore an entire stand doing it? Surely safety is just as important in the Roseburn as the other stands? 

Read the last few posts

Goes back to the attack on Lennon when celtic fans rioted . The only report [that I saw] was a 2-3 line paragraph in the Scotsman quoting Lothian & Borders [?] spokesman saying there was so many people involved they couldn't arrest anyone

Expert on the subject

The level of complaint seems to trivial to be impartial,  it will Interesting to know if the same criteria will be applied to exciting safety certificates across Scotlands grounds,  haven't seen this being raised against worse facilities at Partick for example. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Read the last few posts

I know, Thomaso, but I would hate it if Hearts fans were, once again, judged by completely different standards and have to follow completely different rules. The derby on the 27th: the entire Roseburn standing and being allowed to do so, while 50 fans are ejected from N. Serious potential for crowd trouble right there, especially if we dont win. 

57 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Whilst accepting the Directors Box at Tynecastle Park situation is not "ideal", pray tell me a "secure" Directors Box anywhere in Scotland?!!

My most recent experience of being seated near a Directors Box is when The Rangers visited East End Park for a Division 1 League match**. A Pars fan sitting less than 5 seats away from the "away" Directors spent the whole match shouting/laughing at them "How much is he costing you every week?":laugh:

In truth the only "security" is a 3 foot high wooden dividing panel which could be scaled by anyone with an inclination to cause trouble or in the case at Hamilton match or as noted above, get close enough to shout abuse.

So in reality, the only issue at Tynecastle is the access/exit when fans outwith Directors Box are restricted for a short period of time.

With regards to the letter, what has happened to "confidentiality"? & I hope the source of leak is investigated as thorough as the details contained within it.

** Section Q Main (New & Old) ST Holder & slum it in "away" section well remote from Directors outwith Tynecastle:thumbsup:

Surely if the directors area was going to be classed as a concern that wouldz of been raised at the time of planning applications? 

9 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Because people are posting on here that they will continue to stand in N, Celtic fans will stand when they visit, as will Hibs fans. 

That doesnt mean that haven't addressed it though. I'm sure the stewards will be instructed to enforce and ensure that people are seated.

The police will deploy tazers on the great unwashed when they refuse to sit down. 

The game against Sevco at Imbroke all the Hearts fans stood the stewards just ignored us. Personally I really doubt it was a major issue. 

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

That doesnt mean that haven't addressed though. I'm sure the stewards will be instructed to enforce and ensure that people are seated.

The police will deploy tazers on the great unwashed when they refuse to sit down. 

The game against Sevco at Imbroke all the Hearts fans stood the stewards just ignored us. Personally I really doubt it was a major issue. 

I dont think standing is an issue at all: dont most fans stand at Hampden, for example?

My concern is that the club do all they can to show they are enforcing it for Hearts fans, whilst completely ignoring the away support. For me, this is the most likely outcome. 

It puzzles me why standing at a match is a police matter as it's not breaking any laws, it's breaking the ground rules but is that a police matter?

2 hours ago, SpikeDudley said:

so in total we have:

- no trackside gates (a minor temporary problem. As if it's hard to jump over and get onto the pitch anyway)

- directors' box location (minor issue)

- craig levein got sent to the stand (police issue? - wtf)

- ticket scanners in the wheatfield went on the blink (this has happened how many times ever, and was related to the new stand how exactly?)

- floodlight issues against Ross County (because no other ground has ever had a floodlight go out before)

- section N standing up (just like they have for the past umpteen seasons? - why is it suddenly a problem?)

- a fire alarm went off (so what)

- lighting problems

- no water in the toilets (again, police issue? - wtf)

So in summary, a bunch of non-issues

police scotland, wank wank wank

Great post

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Surely if the directors area was going to be classed as a concern that wouldz of been raised at the time of planning applications? 

Planning application wouldn’t cover that level of detail I think. 

2 hours ago, The Merse said:

JKB at it's absolute best :rofl:

Anything negative is either posted by a Hibs fan or the rumours have been created by a Hibs fan.

Having read the letter there was very little in it that did not ring true. There is work to be done, and I'm sure we'll sort it in due course.

Yup.  

There were also concerns over Maddens safety at full time at the Wheatfield tunnel with fans rushing down and banging on tunnel roof. 

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

It puzzles me why standing at a match is a police matter as it's not breaking any laws, it's breaking the ground rules but is that a police matter?

Does it puzzle you why the lack of separate entrances for club directors, at a derby or a Celtic game, is a police matter?

The level of delusion and paranoia on this thread - right from the start - is quite unnerving.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, redm said:

Yep. Wouldn't want to get all finger pointy but out of those two organisations, I might feel fairly safe making assumptions about which it was. 

I'd go with plod! How often do they manage to have the TV cameras present when they are making embarrassing high profile "busts" that end up being false accusations?

I'm not reading the whole thread just the OP but I was under the impression our current safety certificate was a temporary one to allow us to move in. I am sure I read that it was only temporary when it was first granted.

I suspect we'll get another upon full completion of the works.

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

There were also concerns over Maddens safety at full time at the Wheatfield tunnel with fans rushing down and banging on tunnel roof. 

Is tunnel roof cockney rhyming slang for something???

Good read and kudos to whoever released the letter.

Most interesting to see the Police bypassing the club with justified concerns and going straight to the Council stirring up a right hornets nest in the process.

Need a big SPFL sized broom to sweep this one under the carpet.

38 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Does it puzzle you why the lack of separate entrances for club directors, at a derby or a Celtic game, is a police matter?

The level of delusion and paranoia on this thread - right from the start - is quite unnerving.

No that doesn't puzzle me and neither did I say that it puzzled me.

Swing and a miss from you there I think.

So STV lead story at 6pm! Started by bigging up problems only to finish with nothing's wrong it all sorted. Jamie Borthwick will be summoned to Ann's office tomorrow for an explanation and hand his press pass back :Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Change the title to......

Budge puts shit stirring ******* back in his box

2 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

You don't think they'll make an example of a few ? Not at the time because that's just asking for trouble, but the CCTV is pretty good these days and they can easily ban half a dozen retrospectively  if they are so minded

Maybe so yeah, but there will be an uproar against the club and the police for banning paying fans for standing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:wow:

That escalated quickly. Pity the leak had little to no impact! :laugh:

That said, presumably we got some proper sparkies in to sort things out. As for the directors box, why is that an issue in the first place? They aren't exactly royalty.

Archived