Safety Certificate

They should write to the SFA and raise concerns about their corrupt refereeing. If we had fair and proper refs then half the content of that letter wouldn’t be applicable.

and whilst they are at it they could write to Celtic and maybe raise safety concerns over their support singing IRA songs and other contentious ditty’s.

the power issue I can totally get. I also still do not understand how the directors seating was designed with such poor planning regarding exiting at half and full time. Although the problem is the complete idiot(s) who make a fool of themselves by shouting and bawling at stewards. It takes a minute or 2 and they’ve not helped at all. 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as how the safety of people in football stadia is paramount to Police Scotland, can they offer us assurances that they will prevent our teenage kiosk staff being robbed and assaulted at the forthcoming Hearts v Celtic match? :unsure:

If it is Kosha, half the shit in the Police letter are total non-issues!!   Rather than parading their letter all over the media, surely the way forward would be to call an urgent joint meeting with HMFC and EDC to resolve any concerns they may have - none of them are showstoppers FFS!!

I can see a Budge 'Special' being released very soon - and rightly so!

Just now, Longshanks said:

:muggy:

It's actually real. Wtf. 

Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in our police force, does it? :rofl:

Still, on the plus side, I’m itching to hear a certain Levein-hating Walter Mitty give his explanation. Maybe someone involved in the new stand’s construction... 

:gok:

10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Seeing as how the safety of people in football stadia is paramount to Police Scotland, can they offer us assurances that they will prevent our teenage kiosk staff being robbed and assaulted at the forthcoming Hearts v Celtic match? :unsure:

Not to mention the fact that they have allowed a full stand of Celtic fans standing without any complaint!!!!

14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If it is Kosha, half the shit in the Police letter are total non-issues!!   Rather than parading their letter all over the media, surely the way forward would be to call an urgent joint meeting with HMFC and EDC to resolve any concerns they may have - none of them are showstoppers FFS!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wish you’d been so quick to defend onfield issues! 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

exactly.  Police basically covering their backs in the event of something unfortunate happening and they can say "we did try highlight this"

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in our police force, does it? :rofl:

Still, on the plus side, I’m itching to hear a certain Levein-hating Walter Mitty give his explanation. Maybe someone involved in the new stand’s construction... 

:gok:

As long as the "certain Levein-hating Walter Mitty" was the electrical contractor for the new stand's construction then his "explanation" would be worthwhile. 

As for me I know FA regarding turnstile failures, false fire alarms, and floodlights going out - come back to me if any of the glass fall out though!  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Establishment of the national police force counts as one of the Scottish Goverment's major triumphs (not).

I’m a big SNP voting, independence hankering Nat! ... however, I agree with you on this subject. :(

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Rab87 said:

Call my cynical, but the letter seems rather unprofessional in it's tone. 

I smell sh1te.

Don't think anyone would be sad enough to forge a police certificate. Only fair IMO, anyway play the derby at Murrayfield you can get more money

14 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I liked the bit about some supporters standing up. If he wasn't quoted in papers as being match commander for other fixtures I might have assumed that was his first time at a Scottish football game.

Bazzas right boot

Police doing Thier due diligence so if anything goes wrong it's not Thier fault, they can pass blame to the council or Hearts.

Covering your back, it's what half anyone's job is now.

6 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Presumably this clown of a copper is Hibs.

What a prick.

Certainly seems to have an agenda splashing this all over the media!!!!    Totally unprofessional

There's nothing poorly-written about the letter as far as I could see on one reading. What's so wrong with it?

My wife still has ongoing health issues after an accident at Easter road 2 years ago when she was pushed down the stairs after a hearts equaliser .not only were the entire away end supporters standing in their seats but they were allowed to stand on the stairways as well . As far as im aware this issue  still hasn't  been resolved as it happened again on our last visit there, why has nothing been done to stop my wife's accident happening again

so in total we have:

- no trackside gates (a minor temporary problem. As if it's hard to jump over and get onto the pitch anyway)

- directors' box location (minor issue)

- craig levein got sent to the stand (police issue? - wtf)

- ticket scanners in the wheatfield went on the blink (this has happened how many times ever, and was related to the new stand how exactly?)

- floodlight issues against Ross County (because no other ground has ever had a floodlight go out before)

- section N standing up (just like they have for the past umpteen seasons? - why is it suddenly a problem?)

- a fire alarm went off (so what)

- lighting problems

- no water in the toilets (again, police issue? - wtf)

So in summary, a bunch of non-issues

police scotland, wank wank wank

2 minutes ago, redm said:

I liked the bit about some supporters standing up. If he wasn't quoted in papers as being match commander for other fixtures I might have assumed that was his first time at a Scottish football game.

Indeed. I am all for making sure people are safe at organised events with thousands of people in attendance. I’d absolutely love to hear his opinion on what goes on in the Roseburn Stand when Celtic visit Tynecastle though... 

JKB at it's absolute best :rofl:

Anything negative is either posted by a Hibs fan or the rumours have been created by a Hibs fan.

Having read the letter there was very little in it that did not ring true. There is work to be done, and I'm sure we'll sort it in due course.

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

There's nothing poorly-written about the letter as far as I could see on one reading. What's so wrong with it?

Stand down Constable!

I actually thought the letter contained many valid points.

The directors 'box' is entirely lacking in design, and invites many potential confrontational situations that just should not be possible. 

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wish you’d been so quick to defend infield issues! 

Some things you just can't defend - and that will include the electrical contractor if they have fecked up!

My beef is with the Police releasing this inflammatory, badly written, letter containing some issues now resolved to the media and social network!!!

Have they discussed any of this with the Club before doing so, which surely would be the professional way to go about it, rather than scare mongering.

37 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Talking shite.

No one from the Gorgie or wheatfield walked across To see the new stand on opening day before walking around to Thier own stand. No one.

I'm sure plenty did.  And like me, probably turned up earlier than usual in order to do so.  But that wasn't the cause of the big queues - that was caused by forcing almost half the stadium through 9 turnstiles.

48 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Caused by a numpty security supervisor refusing to let Wheatfield/Roseburm ST holders enter at the Gorgie turnstiles - it won't happen again as confirmed by the Club.

Indeed. :)

7 minutes ago, SpikeDudley said:

so in total we have:

- no trackside gates (a minor temporary problem. As if it's hard to jump over and get onto the pitch anyway)

- directors' box location (minor issue)

- craig levein got sent to the stand (police issue? - wtf)

- ticket scanners in the wheatfield went on the blink (this has happened how many times ever, and was related to the new stand how exactly?)

- floodlight issues against Ross County (because no other ground has ever had a floodlight go out before)

- section N standing up (just like they have for the past umpteen seasons? - why is it suddenly a problem?)

- a fire alarm went off (so what)

- lighting problems

- no water in the toilets (again, police issue? - wtf)

So in summary, a bunch of non-issues

police scotland, wank wank wank

I believe that the Police match Commander has a de-brief with HMFC security after every match.  Was any of these issues raised then???  The only reason I can think that the Police would release this inflammatory letter is that they did raise them and Hearts have done nothing to rectify - which I totally doubt!!!

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I believe that the Police match Commander has a de-brief with HMFC security after every match.  Was any of these issues raised then???  The only reason I can think that the Police would release this inflammatory letter is that they did raise them and Hearts have done nothing to rectify - which I totally doubt!!!

Can't keep anything from the press these days

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Can't keep anything from the press these days

Ken. Mind that time rodent shite was found in the food at Easter Road.

Bazzas right boot

Surprised there is no water, I thought with all the pant wetting, flooding would have been more of a problem.

8 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Aw naw!!!!1!!!1!!

Shouty Daily Record!

More controversy engulfs Hearts’ new main stand as cops raise serious safety concerns #HMFC http://dlyr.ec/oXOCit 

"Cops". What kind of journalism is that?

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The HMFC security cheif is Phil O’Kane who was the old match commander and a bit of a welt.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

:lol:

What do you expect however from a comic with a sub-30k circulation. Our national Police Force can’t even spell ffs! :rofl:

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I'm sure plenty did.  And like me, probably turned up earlier than usual in order to do so.  But that wasn't the cause of the big queues - that was caused by forcing almost half the stadium through 9 turnstiles.

Well, if they all left early like you, then they would have all been queuing at around the same time? 

And, ofc the chap refusing access also didn't help at all.

The letter does make reference to the people who insist on standing in front of the elderly and the disabled. I witnessed a bunch of them doing this last week in lower Section T. One of them, a boy in a union flag hat, just about knocked over a disabled fan on the walkway when he suddenly performed a bizarre and hyper-active dance routine in front of his mates when he arrived at the area. Despite walking towards him, he didn't even become aware of the man with walking sticks making his way along the walkway. 

The bunch then proceed to stand for the entire game, with disabled and elderly fans sitting behind them. One of them even insisted on standing facing away from the pitch, staring up at the stand wearing an inane grin, presumably doing so for the attention he thinks he's getting from the crowd. It worsened when he and his mates even appeared to be mocking and laughing-at a chap sitting nearby on his own who occasionally shouted towards the ref. 

These people continually ignored requests from the stewards, seemingly arguing that it was their right to stand up. 

I don't think Tynecastle or Hearts needs the kind of fans who not only do not give a toss about those around them, but actively seek to ridicule them.  

Walter Bishop
24 minutes ago, The Merse said:

JKB at it's absolute best :rofl:

Anything negative is either posted by a Hibs fan or the rumours have been created by a Hibs fan.

Having read the letter there was very little in it that did not ring true. There is work to be done, and I'm sure we'll sort it in due course.

Was just thinking the same!! Superintendent Bob is a hobo, a hobbit, vermin blah blah blah.

Pathetic. 

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Was just thinking the same!! Superintendent Bob is a hobo, a hobbit, vermin blah blah blah.

Pathetic. 

Good job nobody listens to you though mate. :lol:

AFD5555C-D722-4053-B328-A88CBE1F4D4D.png

17 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

They have to keep the 'wurds' simple for their readers!!

Quality thread. Classics material.

If the Record had a sense of humour they could used Bobbys instead of cops. Chance missed !

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Good job nobody listens to you though mate. :lol:

AFD5555C-D722-4053-B328-A88CBE1F4D4D.png

Wow. Not concerning at all you have saved a post of mine from 7 years ago?? 

Pretty sure if i remember this was on the back of the John Wilson incident v Celtic? Many of the concerns then are similar to whats been raised now, also im sure my comment was based segregation, standing, parking, matchday experience etc etc

36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Some things you just can't defend - and that will include the electrical contractor if they have fecked up!

My beef is with the Police releasing this inflammatory, badly written, letter containing some issues now resolved to the media and social network!!!

Have they discussed any of this with the Club before doing so, which surely would be the professional way to go about it, rather than scare mongering.

I doubt it was released by the police, or by the council either. Not officially, anyway. It'll be an unauthorised leak by someone with mischief in mind.

2 minutes ago, redm said:

I doubt it was released by the police, or by the council either. Not officially, anyway. It'll be an unauthorised leak by someone with mischief in mind.

By someone IN the police or someone IN the council.

The phone number on that letter didn't appear to be public knowledge.......until now that is. ^_^

56 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The new stand is being criticised: absolutely guaranteed that Ann will come out fighting. 

Another opportunity to criticise the fans, as well, so every cloud and all that.... 

7 minutes ago, redm said:

Very poor lack of confidentiality at the Police or Council.

Anyway as I said, surely the less inflammatory way forward was to raise these issues with the Council and Hearts in top level discussions?

Just now, Thomaso said:

Very poor lack of confidentiality at the Police or Council.

Anyway as I said, surely the less inflammatory way forward was to raise these issues with the Council and Hearts in discussion?

This cannot be the first the club knew about these concerns, surely? 

10 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Wow. Not concerning at all you have saved a post of mine from 7 years ago?? 

Pretty sure if i remember this was on the back of the John Wilson incident v Celtic? Many of the concerns then are similar to whats been raised now, also im sure my comment was based segregation, standing, parking, matchday experience etc etc

Its from a thread on page one of the Terrace mate. :)

2 minutes ago, D'Jambo said:

By someone IN the police or someone IN the council.

The phone number on that letter didn't appear to be public knowledge.......until now that is. ^_^

Yep. Wouldn't want to get all finger pointy but out of those two organisations, I might feel fairly safe making assumptions about which it was. 

Archived