Safety Certificate

8 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Or you could all just sit for a few weeks till it blows over naw ?

Na.

It's the principle, fans stand at grounds across the world.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, been here before said:

"An uproar"?   :facepalm:

There really wont be.

You buy a ticket for an all seated stadium which you know is all seated and that you're not allowed to stand.

You know that by standing not only are you compromising the club but are at best inconveniencing others and at worst blocking the veiw for any disabled, less fit, older or younger fans who may be unfortunate enough be near you.

You know that by not abiding to these rules could result in your season ticket being removed.

But you dint give a fxxk cos you want to stand where you're not supposed to. Now we could argue the toss about safe standing and all the rest of it and personally Id prefer to stand but thats showbiz these days, this is the stadium we now have and the rules that are there for all.

You refusing to sit  to prove some pathetic point makes you something akin to an ignorant arsehole to be honest.

OK I'll take your opinion on board and try my best to rectify the situation around section N.

Why don't you come and tell everyone to sit if your so worked up about it.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What was wrong with that post?

Nothing wrong with it at all, all factually correct.

But just remember, when people outside of this club talk about how difficult a place Tynecastle used to be to visit and how intimidating it was for visiting players, that wasn't down to the people who sat down nicely for 90 minutes and rustled their sweetie wrappers, it was down to the hardy few who stood up, irritated the away fans, the subs warming up in front of them, the poor linesman getting grief for 90 minutes and generally getting into the spirit of what a football fan should be about.

11 hours ago, ramrod said:

And how many Celtic fans do you think will be standing in the Roseburn? And Police Scotland will do what about it ? 

Heehaw that's what , that particular concern from PC plod is laughable, no wonder they are held in such contempt with clowns like that at the helm . 

Surely Budge should be asking that very question of the police commander...and woudn't it be a shame if the inevitably pathetic response was somehow leaked to the press.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nothing wrong with it at all, all factually correct.

But just remember, when people outside of this club talk about how difficult a place Tynecastle used to be to visit and how intimidating it was for visiting players, that wasn't down to the people who sat down nicely for 90 minutes and rustled their sweetie wrappers, it was down to the hardy few who stood up, irritated the away fans, the subs warming up in front of them, the poor linesman getting grief for 90 minutes and generally getting into the spirit of what a football fan should be about.

Correct mate,

Most of the stadium sits with its hands between there lap nowadays, we have little to no song book anymore,no atmosphere, our own fans are now telling us to be seated in a section that has always stood.

What is becoming of hearts fans?

Life and soul is being sucked out of tynecastle on and off the field.

If Ann decides to ban people for standing then so be it, her dream of hearts becoming a total family club will be one step closer.

5 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Correct mate,

Most of the stadium sits with its hands between there lap nowadays, we have little to no song book anymore,no atmosphere, our own fans are now telling us to be seated in a section that has always stood.

If Ann decides to ban people for standing then so be it, her dream of hearts becoming a total family club will be one step closer.

It's the fact that it is our own fans that seem to be leading the call for everyone to sit down.

And yet i bet these same people stroke themselves into a frenzy at foreign football crowds. I wonder if there are people on DortmundKickback complaining at the Yellow Wall standing for 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's the fact that it is our own fans that seem to be leading the call for everyone to sit down.

And yet i bet these same people stroke themselves into a frenzy at foreign football crowds. I wonder if there are people on DortmundKickback complaining at the Yellow Wall standing for 90 minutes.

It will be interesting to see if there is more of an effort from the stewards to make people sit on Saturday,

Thing is they dont have a leg to stand on, theres thousands round the country doing the same. 

Quite frankly embarrassing from the Police officer to point this out as an issue 

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

It will be interesting to see if there is more of an effort from the stewards to make people sit on Saturday,

Thing is they dont have a leg to stand on, theres thousands round the country doing the same. 

Quite frankly embarrassing from the Police officer to point this out as an issue 

You mean Hearts being singled out, while teams like Celtic et al - not a mention?

Surely not!!!

Is Policeman Bob a Hibee?

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

So to sum up.

1. A major (very challenging) construction project has a few snagging issues, none of which are major or unable to be rectified.

2. Someone in either Police Scotland or Edinburgh Council have leaked a confidential document to the press.

I'd say item 2 is of more serious concern than item 1.

Absolutely T, you wonder if people realise the scale of what we have just built, or just being arseholes for a response!

14 hours ago, Ryder said:

Thomaso’s made a ***** of this. Thank **** Levein seems to have got things going in the right direction on the pitch. Helps distract us all from the incompetence. 

:vrwow:   The Club didn't tell me I was the electrical contractor - bit sneaky of them!!! 

5 hours ago, maroonedinoz said:

cant we do anything right?

I thought our daft days were behind us

Nope absolutely nothing!

Thanks for pointing that out.

20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

:vrwow:   The Club didn't tell me I was the electrical contractor - bit sneaky of them!!! 

:D

21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You should know by now we never play anyone in their proper position.

Oh, and you're playing left back on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You should know by now we never play anyone in their proper position.

Oh, and you're playing left back on Saturday.

My old Puma Kings are getting a polish as we speak.......:walk_man:

1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

Correct mate,

I agree that the atmosphere at Tynecastle is pretty pathetic and wonder why we still hear "Tynecastle is an intimidating place to play" from almost every away player/manager when it clearly isn't any longer the same.  
In fact the only intimidation inside Tynecastle these days come from the folks who bemoan our lack of a 'songbook' and not being allowed to stand at the footie.  I ALWAYS sing "The Hearts Song" at the beginning of EVERY game whether or not those around me bother their arse or not.   However, whilst acknowledging there are some sections of our home support who attempt to rouse the fans it is hardly a sustained attempt by those of our support whining and complaining about how bad our atmosphere is.  Instead all I hear and see are fans booing and moaning about this player being fat and lazy or that player not being good enough!
I certainly don't have all the answers nor am I attempting to rile anyone on here.  Just saying that I remember Hearts fans getting behind the players even when, sometimes especially when, the chips were down.  The Shed ain't ever coming back and whilst I think safe standing should be at least trialled I have little faith it would make any difference until our fanbase unite and back the team to help with confidence or as may be preferred unite and force some change?  
Being realistic I think we are stuck with an average squad and do NOT need wholesale changes - hasn't worked in the past - so can't we all just try and accept that we are pish just now but that things WILL get better.  

I don't support Hearts because I expect success at all costs...that's what Sellic and Sevco  zombies do and why thousands in the central belt flocked to Aberdeen and Dundee United in the 80s then disappeared back to the arse cheeks in the 90s!

2 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

I agree that the atmosphere at Tynecastle is pretty pathetic and wonder why we still here the "Tynecastle is an intimidating place to play" still from almost every away player/manager when it clearly isn't any longer the same.  
In fact the only intimidation inside Tynecastle these days come from the folks who bemoan our lack of a 'songbook' and not being allowed to stand at the footie.  I ALWAYS sing "The Hearts Song" at the beginning of EVERY game whether or not those around me bother their arse or not.   However, whilst acknowledging there are some sections of our home support who attempt to rouse the fans it is hardly a sustained attempt by those of our support whining and complaining about how bad our atmosphere is.  Instead all I hear and see are fans booing and moaning about this player being fat and lazy or that player not being good enough!
I certainly don't have all the answers or am I attempting to rile anyone on here.  Just saying that I remember Hearts fans getting behind the players even when, sometimes especially when the chips are down.  The Shed ain't ever coming back and whilst I think safe standing should be at least trialled I have little faith it would make any difference until our fanbase unite and back the team to help with confidence or as may be preferred unite and force some change?  
Being realistic I think we are stuck with an average squad and do NOT need wholesale changes - hasn't worked in the past - so can't we all just try and accept that we are pish just now but that things WILL get better.  I don't support Hearts because I expect success at all costs...that's what Sellic and Sevco  zombies do and why thousands in the central belt flocked to Aberdeen and Dundee United in the 80s then disappeared back to the arse cheeks in the 90s!

I agree mate. 

1 hour ago, MacPhee said:

Correct mate,

The fans react to what they are seeing on the park - if the game is dull and lifeless they reflect that.

Give them something to shout about and the atmosphere cranks up - even Bobby Madden did that last Saturday.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

The fans react to what they are seeing on the park - if the game is dull and lifeless they reflect that.

Give them something to shout about and the atmosphere cranks up - even Bobby Madden did that last Saturday.

I agree with that as well,

the players also react to the fans too though. 

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I'm now working around Port Hamilton / Fountainbridge and have never taken such a keen interest in how the glazing has been designed on existing buildings or currently being put up on the news ones.

51 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

I agree with that as well,

the players also react to the fans too though. 

Totally agree Mac

2 hours ago, MacPhee said:

What's next ? 

An exciting game and you're not allowed to jump up ? Not allowed to stand when a goal is scored ?

If it's an incident packed game you can be up more than down !

Whole thing's laughable.....get Scott Wilson to play the Hokey Kokey instead of the Hearts song....that'll get it up them !

Just now, Boab said:

What's next ? 

An exciting game and you're not allowed to jump up ? Not allowed to stand when a goal is scored ?

Whole thing's laughable.....get Scott Wilson to play the Hokey Kokey instead of the Hearts song....that'll get it up them !

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

What's next ? 

How about standing up to go for a pee Boab??  :rolleyes5:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I can honestly say I have never felt inhibited at Tynecastle in any way.

We lost our own mojo when we expected far too much of a team that had just been promoted. When they should have been lauded they had jibes. Levels of delusion in the Scottish game are incredulous and I am hearing the exact same things coming out of Aberdeen today. No idea what they are on to be honest but probably the same divisive rubbish that has seen us slip rapidly over 18 months

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Colostomy bags....it's the only answer !

Do they sell them in the Club Shop?

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I can honestly say I have never felt inhibited at Tynecastle in any way.

We lost our own mojo when we expected far too much of a team that had just been promoted. When they should have been lauded they had jibes. Levels of delusion in the Scottish game are incredulous and I am hearing the exact same things coming out of Aberdeen today. No idea what they are on to be honest but probably the same divisive rubbish that has seen us slip rapidly over 18 months

So this 18 month demise is all down to the fans then?  Funny I can't remember fans appointing Cathro or signing a pile of pish players over the last 18 months.

Coburg Hearts

We could borrow that well known Aberdeen catch phrase..........................Stand Free. Or maybe not.^_^

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Wearing and using one as I type. Comes free with a pair of Hearts jammies. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

One thing is for sure I will be watching Scot Squad as a serious documentary on Police Scotland from now on !

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Could do the trousers like the Billy Connolly sketch...everyone staggering oot at the end with two gallons down each leg !

I guess we took the heat off Sevco again. An absolutely nothing story. Waste of taxpayers money by the police and not for the first time.

32 minutes ago, Boab said:

Could do the trousers like the Billy Connolly sketch...everyone staggering oot at the end with two gallons down each leg !

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Scot Squad is not nearly as hilarious as Police Scotland.

This. Scot Squad is total horseshit. I’ve had more laughs during a rectal examination. Police Scotland however are unintentional comedy geniuses that could rival Laurel and Hardy or Mr Bean.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, MacPhee said:

Correct mate,

The atmosphere at Tynecastle hasn't changed that much in 50 years (possibly longer for all I know). It is good when there is something worth getting excited (or even just to get hopeful) about, poor when there isn't.

The whole standing thing is just a question of common sense, decency, and respect for others. Those who don't want their view blocked by people standing should long ago have  moved from areas where standing in Section N or Section G can interfere with their view. Equally those who want to stand should have moved by now to Section N or G. The club and authorities should turn a blind eye (save for the occasional routine appeal to satisfy the law) to standing where it has become the norm, as happens at every ground

Problem solved for everyone except those who feel the need to impose their preferences on others.

Had a season ticket in G lower for the last 5 years and stand every game, we were asked for the first time I can remember during this period at 2 separate occasions during the Hamilton game to sit down. It was pretty pathetic tbh as the standers just looked at them in a way as to say good luck with that one, have a horrible feeling they'll be back with more numbers at the Motherwell game. Not blocking anybody's view as the steepness of the wheatfield means the disabled view is different from section N I think? Truly bizarre why people who want to stand and deplore sitting down at the football like me can't organise to move to G and N and the others who prefer to sit, e.g old, young disabled and those who just prefer sitting can be spread around the rest of the ground.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The atmosphere at Tynecastle hasn't changed that much in 50 years (possibly longer for all I know). It is good when there is something worth getting excited (or even just to get hopeful) about, poor when there isn't.

The whole standing thing is just a question of common sense, decency, and respect for others. Those who don't want their view blocked by people standing should long ago have  moved from areas where standing in Section N or Section G can interfere with their view. Equally those who want to stand should have moved by now to Section N or G. The club and authorities should turn a blind eye (save for the occasional routine appeal to satisfy the law) to standing where it has become the norm, as happens at every ground

Problem solved for everyone except those who feel the need to impose their preferences on others.

Isn’t that what happens in practice anyway? 

4 hours ago, Boab said:

Hearts Incontinence knickers?

:yas:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

So this 18 month demise is all down to the fans then?  Funny I can't remember fans appointing Cathro or signing a pile of pish players over the last 18 months.

I think you have taken that too black and white Thomas

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Isn’t that what happens in practice anyway? 

With all but maybe 1% or 2% but there are always a few who think they can stand wherever they want or sit wherever they want no matter how it affects other people. Even in the upper main stand, which hasn't been a standing area for over a century, people occasionally have to be told to sit down. (I am not talking about standing to celebrate a goal or express outrage at a decision or anything like that)

scott herbertson
12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Where's the uproar ? 

Where's the council?

Where's the Vernon Sollis ?

Here he is

Has Dundee had their safety certificate revoked yet, for they let 2000 aberdeen supporters stand for the entire 90 mins last night.

1 hour ago, scabber said:

Has Dundee had their safety certificate revoked yet, for they let 2000 aberdeen supporters stand for the entire 90 mins last night.

Be rather nice if our club asked that question, publicly. 

Nelly Terraces

Police Scotland priorities explained:

1. Someone might trip on a step = 2 page letter.

2. Someone lying bleeding to death in agony for days after a car accident = feet up & 'stick the kettle on, Sarge, there's a good chap.'

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/10/police-scotland-call-handling-hmics-review-lamara-bell-m9-crash

59 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Police Scotland priorities explained:

1. Someone might trip on a step = 2 page letter.

2. Someone lying bleeding to death in agony for days after a car accident = feet up & 'stick the kettle on, Sarge, there's a good chap.'

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/10/police-scotland-call-handling-hmics-review-lamara-bell-m9-crash

This should be on the “**** the Police” thread. 

You are right though. 

3 hours ago, scabber said:

Can’t oost the link but I read Norwich city are being threatened with stand closure if their fans stand during the game 

Archived