Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

Unknown user

Some interesting movement in the last day or two, looks like the dugs no died yet!

Of particular interest to me is TokenPay, the ICO I went with last year. 

They're in talks with a German bank about offering a branded banking service among other things and the price has doubled since it's exchange debut on Qryptos last week. 

They're being very careful to be above board, fully compliant and cooperative with financial authorities as they strive for legitimacy. 

As I refuse to put big money into crypto I only bought the minimum amount, but at least some weak hands sold cheap on day one so I picked up a few more with some bitcoin change I had lying about.

56 of them won't make me rich, but they might give me a bit of excitement if I'm lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A much better month for the Cryptos all starting to make decent recoveries.

Bitcoin: up 34%

Ethereum: up 74%

BTC Cash: up 124%

LTC: up 38%

XRP: up 83%

NEO: up 60%

XLM: up 94%

Still probably below where many people bought them at, but anyone who had serious losses should be starting to feel a wee bit better about things.

Edited by Ray Gin

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

A much better month for the Cryptos all starting to make decent recoveries.

Bitcoin: up 34%

Ethereum: up 74%

BTC Cash: up 124%

LTC: up 38%

XRP: up 83%

NEO: up 60%

XLM: up 94%

Still probably below where many people bought them at, but anyone who had serious losses should be starting to feel a wee bit better about things.

Tokenpay up about 250% since listing :D

HeartOfWestLothian

This is more like it. 

I am glad I got some OmiseGo last month when the price was around $8! 

Now lets pay that mortgage off....

On 21/04/2018 at 11:54, graygo said:

My XRP seems to be doing a Lazurus.  :pleasing: 

Fine choice. Seems to be a lot going on behind the scenes just now. Reckon XRP's got a bright future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
William H. Bonney

I keep getting told how my ethereum classic is 'going to the moon'. I'm going to be rich, blah blah blah. 

As soon as I break even I'm ****ing done with this pish. 

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

All my crypto practically worthless these days :sob: 

Anybody else still have any funds in?

Still holding on for dear life. Not much point selling now as it can't really go much lower.

However, the fundamentals are still strong (maybe not with BTC or ETH), and there does appear to be a lot of investment from large institutions, so perhaps too early to read the last rites just yet...

jack D and coke
Just now, Craig_ said:

Still holding on for dear life. Not much point selling now as it can't really go much lower.

However, the fundamentals are still strong (maybe not with BTC or ETH), and there does appear to be a lot of investment from large institutions, so perhaps too early to read the last rites just yet...

Aye I was in for the long term anyway tbh but my Ether is dropping like a stone just now. Others like VeChain, Cardano and TNT have also went down like a burning spitfire last few months. 

No choice but to HODL now then :lol: 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Yeah, there's really no point getting out now

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who would have thought that it was all a load of complete pish?

It’s not going away but the speculators have had their money. There’s a future in crypto without a doubt imo. There are too many and loads were pish but things like Ethereum will be used more and more. 

You should want it to work crypto was basically invented to stop arseholes in financial markets crashing economies and currencies. To protect the little mans money. 

Toxteth O'Grady
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who would have thought that it was all a load of complete pish?

What is it they say about a fool and their money? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s not going away but the speculators have had their money. There’s a future in crypto without a doubt imo. There are too many and loads were pish but things like Ethereum will be used more and more. 

You should want it to work crypto was basically invented to stop arseholes in financial markets crashing economies and currencies. To protect the little mans money. 

Isn’t it just like F.C. United of Manchester though? Starts out backing the man on the street but grows to the point where it becomes as political and messy as the thing it’s trying to replace?

jack D and coke
20 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Isn’t it just like F.C. United of Manchester though? Starts out backing the man on the street but grows to the point where it becomes as political and messy as the thing it’s trying to replace?

Yeah could be mate. I think with it being decentralised governments have done their best to undermine it and make people think it’s a load of pish. 

Be interesting to see where it goes. 

Unknown user
20 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I understand why people say that but crypto really is a different beast. It's all based on blockchain technology and that's the key, blockchain is a good solution to a lot of problems. 

It'll be very interesting to see where it goes, the technology certainly isn't done and there are still a LOT of people furthering the idea

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hugh Phamism

XBT Heading northwards again. Up from £4K three months ago to >£10K today. Has shot up from £6K this time last week, and has jumped about £3K alone today. 

Unfortunately, I’m not an investor...

8E303A26-769E-4726-8F99-71D08FBCAACC.png

Edited by Hugh Phamism

jack D and coke

I don’t have much bitcoin anymore, got some ether, litecoin and a couple of other altcoins but wish I’d bought in again a few weeks ago it’s went up nearly 50% in the last month alone. 

HeartOfWestLothian

Anyone on here use Coinbase? 

They have started a new incentive programme where you can earn crypto by watching a few 2 minute videos and doing a quiz at the end. 

Even if you don't want or like that particular crypto you can convert it on Coinbase to another such as BTC anyway!

They are currently doing an incentive where you can earn up to $50 in stellar lumens. 

https://coinbase.com/earn/xlm/invite/1q5z2bst

• 3 weeks later...
HeartOfWestLothian

Coinbase now offering $50 of EOS for anyone for simply completing a few quizzes, EOS would be better than Stellar for investing in imo but again you could earn this $50 and then convert it to whatever crypto you like on Coinbase 

https://coinbase.com/earn/eos/invite/pkrxchfs

Also, for those of you that currently hold crypto do you know you can now partake in crowdfunding with Brewdog and purchase shares in them using your crypto! Very interesting. 

https://efp.brewdog.com/equityforpunks/cryptocurrency

9 hours ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Coinbase now offering $50 of EOS for anyone for simply completing a few quizzes, EOS would be better than Stellar for investing in imo but again you could earn this $50 and then convert it to whatever crypto you like on Coinbase 

Also, for those of you that currently hold crypto do you know you can now partake in crowdfunding with Brewdog and purchase shares in them using your crypto! Very interesting. 

Shares is a pretty loose term for Brewdog. I don't think there is currently anyway to sell them.

Unknown user
11 hours ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

A bit sneaky to post a link that earns you money without saying mate

I've signed up via one of the links above and don't have any $ in any random cryptocurrency. Any idea why that'd be, gents?

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I've signed up via one of the links above and don't have any $ in any random cryptocurrency. Any idea why that'd be, gents?

People from Liberton are barred

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Did you watch the videos and do the quizzes?

12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

People from Liberton are barred

:lol: Sake! Why didn't anyone warn me about this?

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Did you watch the videos and do the quizzes?

I apparently had the mistaken impression that was entirely separate stuff you could also do on top of getting an initial signup bonus of some sort. So I've completely misread the thread then?

Edit: Won't be the last time. 😁 Thanks for the nudge Smithee.

Edited by Justin Z

HeartOfWestLothian
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

A bit sneaky to post a link that earns you money without saying mate

There's similar links been posted before so I thought it would be fine. 

Apologies though mate, I don't actually know if there were other links available to the quizzes that would be non referral.

I won't post any other links for people to get free crypto where a referral doesn't impact how much they would get in the slightest. 

Cheers 

Unknown user
53 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

There's similar links been posted before so I thought it would be fine. 

Apologies though mate, I don't actually know if there were other links available to the quizzes that would be non referral.

I won't post any other links for people to get free crypto where a referral doesn't impact how much they would get in the slightest. 

Cheers 

I have no problem with anyone posting referral links, I just think it's a bit off not to say you'll directly benefit from it.

Anyway, you post what you like, I'll do likewise. Cheers. 

HeartOfWestLothian

What is everyone invested in these days anyway? 

Long term holders? Short term holders? 

What is your general outlook for Crypto currency? 

jack D and coke

Originally I bought bitcoin to pay for an iptv service but I’d always sort of been interested in it. I don’t really have any bitcoin left but have a few others, Ethereum, litecoin, vechain, Cardana and TNT which have all lost some value since I bought them but I was always intending holding for the longer term. 

I believe there is a future in crypto, loads of the pishy ones need to die off though. 

7 minutes ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

What is everyone invested in these days anyway? 

Long term holders? Short term holders? 

What is your general outlook for Crypto currency? 

Jack D has pretty much summed it up. Some great projects out there, some absolute garbage. Can see privacy coins and those trying to circumvent the system getting killed off by the powers that be.

Sometimes difficult to tell the difference between the good ones and the dross given the rabid followings they all seem to have.

HeartOfWestLothian
23 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Jack D has pretty much summed it up. Some great projects out there, some absolute garbage. Can see privacy coins and those trying to circumvent the system getting killed off by the powers that be.

Sometimes difficult to tell the difference between the good ones and the dross given the rabid followings they all seem to have.

I agree, there is a lot of greed in it now and for a normal person how do you separate the good from the bad. 

Personally I hold:

Monero

Bitcoin Cash

Zcash

Ethereum

Two privacy coins in there so I hope you're not right and they survive haha. 

Monero does seem the perfect crypto to use for the darknet etc as transactions are fully anonymous and you can't view peoples balances or transaction history the way you can with Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash etc. 

23 hours ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

Actually they offer $10 for free with a further $40 comi g from referral links...

11 hours ago, HeartOfWestLothian said:

I agree, there is a lot of greed in it now and for a normal person how do you separate the good from the bad. 

Personally I hold:

Monero

Bitcoin Cash

Zcash

Ethereum

Two privacy coins in there so I hope you're not right and they survive haha. 

Monero does seem the perfect crypto to use for the darknet etc as transactions are fully anonymous and you can't view peoples balances or transaction history the way you can with Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash etc. 

Slightly different strategy to myself, I'm going for coins with real-life use cases (XRP, VET, CSC mainly), still remains to be seen how this will affect price.

As for Monero etc, you'll probably be fine if it's just for buying dodgy stuff on the dark web! Doubt you'd be able to convert it back to FIAT though, been some pretty high level guidance coming out from the G20 about money laundering etc which basically states that every exchange transaction will need to be traceable, which could compromise privacy coins.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Massive gains with the Ripple coin and Stellar Lumens coin past few days. I've got some of the latter and it's going up and up. Shame I never invested a considerable amount.

Bitcoin also nearly at £14k as we speak.