Potential signings in January

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Thought it would be good to put the rumours for January in one place. Seen chat about Niall McGinn, Nathan Ralph, Scott Fraser (ugh) today.

I've got one based purely on my own speculation rather than ITK: why not Jonny Hayes? He's not getting his game for Celtic, they have plethora of young attacking options ahead of him, and boy do we need an attacking threat with pace and trickery out wide.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonny , I know you’ve only just got here and we’re the best paying biggest club in Scotland and we win stuff but how do you fancy going to Hearts instead.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Thought it would be good to put the rumours for January in one place. Seen chat about Niall McGinn, Nathan Ralph, Scott Fraser (ugh) today.

I've got one based purely on my own speculation rather than ITK: why not Jonny Hayes? He's not getting his game for Celtic, they have plethora of young attacking options ahead of him, and boy do we need an attacking threat with pace and trickery out wide.

Johnny (would) be good...

Unlikely tho.

Scott Allan.....

19 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

JH wouldnt be a bad shout but we do not seem to have a particularly good relationship with Celtic, so it is unlikely. 

1 minute ago, HillmanHearts said:

Lee Wallace, O'Halloran and some dosh for Walker.

I'd bite your hands off for that deal.  In fact, I'd be happy with a swap deal Wallace & o Halloran for Walker as Walker would only have 6 months left on his contract.

Bazzas right boot

Mcginn

Wallace

O  Halloran

Minimum, that's with walker leaving.

If Martin, Randall, greizlak Sammon get punted then another 2 as well

Two things about Wallace. Hasn’t played for over two months and still isn’t fit. Contracted until summer 2019 so they will want money for him. 

No way will TheRangers let Wallace go, he is still their best player and will command a hefty fee... Would love to see himself back though 

Ali Crawford
Mark O'Hara
Murray Davidson
David Templeton
Niall McGinn
Steven Lawless
Craig Conway
Kevin Holt
Paul McGowan

If by the end of January we could have a team looking something like this I'd be relatively happy,

McLaughlin

Smith Souttar Berra Russell

Davidson Cowie

McGinn  Djoum Templeton

Lafferty

Probably need to spend a bit of cash but if we can sell Walker and agree a sell on fee with Morton I think its very much achievable? Not the best team but would get us through to the end of the season imo.

rudi must stay
36 minutes ago, jamtartslover said:

Add Murray Davidson to the list. Just the aggression we need in midfield. 

A maverick player. Very talented, worth a gamble for nothing

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

A maverick player. Very talented, worth a gamble for nothing

A physio table player.  Plays a few games injured a few games. Made of glass.

33 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Ali Crawford
Mark O'Hara
Murray Davidson
David Templeton
Niall McGinn
Steven Lawless
Craig Conway
Kevin Holt
Paul McGowan

McGowan? We are truly stuffed if that is the quality we are after.  Same for Lawless and Crawford.  Out of the rest Temps is good shout and Mcginn would be great but cant see it happening.

rudi must stay
28 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

A physio table player.  Plays a few games injured a few games. Made of glass.

So's McGeogh at Hibs. Have to gamble on these sort of players

2 minutes ago, RENE said:

O'Hara from Dundee is one I would go for.   Looks a great prospect.

Yeah he looks good to. 

15 minutes ago, RENE said:

O'Hara from Dundee is one I would go for.   Looks a great prospect.

Quite frankly my dear I couldn't give a damn.....

only the old gits will get that one.....!!!

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Paul McGowan

You’re not serious surely, the boy is ****ing scum. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Neil Lennon to replace Levein and take his Banjo player with him.

Well..........op started it

1 hour ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Ali Crawford
Mark O'Hara
Murray Davidson
David Templeton
Niall McGinn
Steven Lawless
Craig Conway
Kevin Holt
Paul McGowan

I like your approach. Sign every player who has played well against us recently.

Neverforgetfiveone
1 minute ago, King prawn said:

I like your approach. Sign every player who has played well against us recently.

If you're going on that basis you could include Alex Schalk. Cracked the post and scored a legit goal against us for Ross County.

1 hour ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

If you're going on that basis you could include Alex Schalk. Cracked the post and scored a legit goal against us for Ross County.

No he didn't. 

Samuel Camazzola

Purely based on knowing what they can achieve in this league, Graham Carey, Ryan Edwards and Lyle Taylor. 

Mark o'Hara certainly is one that I've always liked the look of. He started of as a right back/centerback and Hartley transformed him into an attacking midfielder, so he has both halves to his game and is only 21. Big strong runner, technically good with an eye for goal, can be developed, with sell on potential. 

The boy who was at Dundalk, poor man's Damien Duff, Horgan, went to Preston? Don't think he's getting his game, never really hit the ground running there. I'd look at his situation as well as Jonny Hayes. 

McGinn, but only on a year and a half deal max.

I have to admit I totally wrote of O'Halloran when people suggested him. Complete U turn on that, he's rapid, runs the channels and gets in behind defences, something Lafferty, Isma and Stockton don't do. 

Can't think of any Left Backs. Greg Taylor at Killie maybe? He's young, but I'd prefer us signed someone with experience in that position to solidify our defence. 

With Murray Davidson, he is pretty much guaranteed to miss a few games a season through injury but its worth it IMO. Manage him correctly and don't 'waste' him in winnable games with the rest of the squad. He's exactly what we could do with in midfield. 

3 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Heard a rumour we are looking at Benjamin Mokulu as his loan is being cancelled

I wonder if we do this sort of stuff in the gym?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, King prawn said:

Lol.

Temps is a must, he is now at a good age and has lots to prove.  He would be a great signing.

i always liked Ryan Edwards at Thistle, he looks like he could step up

Each to their own but I just do not get the clamour for Davidson.

I wonder if we've maybe got a deal for McGinn sorted already, not exactly much speculation around him going anywhere else.

Aside from him it'll hopefully be more going out than coming in.

Italian Lambretta
25 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Each to their own but I just do not get the clamour for Davidson.

I wonder if we've maybe got a deal for McGinn sorted already, not exactly much speculation around him going anywhere else.

Aside from him it'll hopefully be more going out than coming in.

He'll go to Rangers with McInness

McGinn, Templeton, Scott Allen and Lee Wallace would transform us. O'Halloran, Davidson would also be fantastic additions although I have a feeling we will see 1 well known signing to please the fans and a couple loan deals to see us through to the summer. Levein has a lot of contacts and I'm sure he'll use them to sort a couple loan deals.

Levein will make us a far better team given time.

letsalldothebeattie

Heard rumours that a deal isn’t too far off for us to bring Scott Bain to Tynie in January. The issue between him and McCann still ongoing and McCann wants shot of him and Levein is a fan of his apparently. 

Would love to go see us go for the left back Russell from Morton & Jai Quitongo as well both fantastic players who can bring a lot to the team. Templeton would be a must as well has really impressed me at how quick he’s hit form again following his terrible injury problems. 

And of course Niall McGinn too

13 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

Quite frankly my dear I couldn't give a damn.....

only the old gits will get that one.....!!!

OK Rhett...

30 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Heard rumours that a deal isn’t too far off for us to bring Scott Bain to Tynie in January. The issue between him and McCann still ongoing and McCann wants shot of him and Levein is a fan of his apparently. 

Would love to go see us go for the left back Russell from Morton & Jai Quitongo as well both fantastic players who can bring a lot to the team. Templeton would be a must as well has really impressed me at how quick he’s hit form again following his terrible injury problems. 

And of course Niall McGinn too

I just find it odd that we are looking at another keeper. McLaughlin has been great.

Archived