John Leslie Cleared of Sexual Assault

milky_26

Maroon Sailor

The man appears to be a menace. Too many allegations against him relating to the same offence for there not to be something sinister.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Maroon Sailor

• jambo1961

• Shanks said no

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The man appears to be a menace. Too many allegations against him relating to the same offence for there not to be something sinister.

I’ve seen him in action, MS.

34 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

11 year old allegation. C'mon, the guy might be a dodgy mofo but where's she been the past decade?

Does that matter?

Just now, Boris said:

Does that matter?

If she has some compelling evidence then no and she should have him charged. If its just his word against hers from 11 years ago, then it's pointless case. 

Just now, JackLadd said:

If she has some compelling evidence then no and she should have him charged. If its just his word against hers from 11 years ago, then it's pointless case. 

Well he has been charged, so suggests the CPS are happy to proceed?

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Well he has been charged, so suggests the CPS are happy to proceed?

Sexual assault can mean anything from touching and insertion of fingers/objects to an unwanted hand on the knee. The legal definition is based on consent and reasonable belief it wasn't consensual.  It's a pretty low bar regards being charged which is why less than a third of cases lead to a conviction.  

2 hours ago, been here before said:

In number 69 there lives a transvestite who's a man by day but a woman at night. In number 18 there lives a big butch queen who is bigger than Tysonand twice as mean then in 666 there lives a Mr Miller, he's our local vicar and a serial killer and finally in In 999 they make a living from crime.
The house is always empty 'cause they're all doing time

But none of them would be happy with celebrity Hibs fan John Leslie moving in.

Sounds like a beautiful neighbourhood.

33 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sexual assault can mean anything from touching and insertion of fingers/objects to an unwanted hand on the knee. The legal definition is based on consent and reasonable belief it wasn't consensual.  It's a pretty low bar regards being charged which is why less than a third of cases lead to a conviction.  

I doubt someone's waited 11 years to say he put his hand on their knee, or anything like that.

The allegedly sleazy **** probably thinks he's bulletproof, I hope this is the one that does for him. 

14 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I hope this is the one that does for him. 

Me too.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Enjoying Bensons?

Still on the a no. 1 bus as Mrs F was late and needed to get changed. ETA 1820 ! 

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Still on the a no. 1 bus as Mrs F was late and needed to get changed. ETA 1820 ! 

First two pints downed by 18.30 then?  :lol: 

He is technically (well, not just technically, he IS) an innocent man at the moment. 

People writing things along the lines of there's no smoke without fire, could potentially be on a jury which is a bit concerning to me. 

Ultimately he's due to face trial but as I have mentioned, at this moment he is completely innocent.

I don't like him and think he's an utter tw*t but justice must take its course. There's been plenty of false allegations in the past, and I'm sure there will be in the future, to emphasize how important a fair trial is.

It's sometimes confusing to me what equates to sexual assault charge in present times? As someone has said, if a person is flirting with another person, and puts their hand on his/her knee, is that classed as sexual assault? Or trying to kiss someone (with the understanding that they feel the same but perhaps a miss-read situation)?

I'm genuinely asking btw - any sexual assault is of course, horrendous, but I just wondering in the situations above is that what can be considered as breaking the law?

I hope I don't cause offense - and I'm not intending to trivialize the severity of the crime and the impact it has on victims.