Djoum

Clerry Jambo

The manager thought he was “excellent” last week. I thought he made a difference but excellent is a bit of a stretch. 

If CL can get the best out of him he can be quality 

A_A wehatethehibs

We need him to find form as on his day he’s one of our best, a great athlete who was dominating midfields. Been a long time since then. Maybe the injury was a blessing in disguise for him, long rest and eased back in recovery. Be great to see him have a good game this weekend 

we need you big man, give it 110% 

40 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The manager thought he was “excellent” last week. I thought he made a difference but excellent is a bit of a stretch. 

Certainly playing better, can be a big difference when on form.

All roads lead to Gorgie
38 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He had a reasonable game but " excellent " makes me worry what Levein sees through those specs . I think his standards might be a bit less than the fans would like to see regarding performances. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He had a reasonable game but " excellent " makes me worry what Levein sees through those specs . I think his standards might be a bit less than the fans would like to see regarding performances. 

I didn't think Djoum did too much last week, but assumed levein is trying to build djoum's confidence. 

With Souttar being back and going back to three at the back. He could be asked to push a bit more forward tomorrow hopefully.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I didn't think Djoum did too much last week, but assumed levein is trying to build djoum's confidence. 

I get that but " a much better display and closer to what he is capable of" would have been more accurate, excellent just seems too much of an accolade after a game where he didn't really over run the Thistle midfield. 

Deserves a chance under the new manager just like every other player. Would be like a new player if he recaptured his pre-Cathro form. Getting a bit sick of waiting for players to find form though, wish they would just man up and do their jobs.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I get that but " a much better display and closer to what he is capable of" would have been more accurate, excellent just seems too much of an accolade after a game where he didn't really over run the Thistle midfield. 

I'll see how he gets on tomorrow. I certainly won't expect too much, based on the last 18 months. 

Tokyo Drifter
15 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I'm guessing he meant "excellent" relative to everyone else on the park (with the honourable exception of Jambie Brandon).

TBH, I think if we can get three or four good home games under our belt, with Levein consistently fielding our strongest possible team - a core of Berra, Hughes, Djoum, Cowie, Walker, Lafferty and Isma - then we'll all be feeling a lot more positive come Christmas. In which case: bring on the Hibees.

15 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Was good last week. Really doing the job of two players as Callachan was anonymous.

Correct 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I'm guessing he meant "excellent" relative to everyone else on the park (with the honourable exception of Jambie Brandon).

TBH, I think if we can get three or four good home games under our belt, with Levein consistently fielding our strongest possible team - a core of Berra, Hughes, Djoum, Cowie, Walker, Lafferty and Isma - then we'll all be feeling a lot more positive come Christmas. In which case: bring on the Hibees.

I hope that is the case and with the thought of places in the team under threat soon we may get the collective finger out.

21 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I wouldn't take what managers say about players literally after a match - probably just trying to boost his confidence

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, weegiejambo8 said:

I wouldn't take what managers say about players literally after a match - probably just trying to boost his confidence

I just hope CL thinks he is " fantastic" tomorrow and by the time of the derby he is " tremendous".:thumbsup:

Thought Police

Yeah when he isn’t great, you could tell that we had a better hold on midfield last week. He has a lot more composure than most in the team.

Bazzas right boot

He made a difference last week, first time in a few weeks we've had an element of control in the game.

First game back in a while, he'll get better.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I worry far more what some fans see through Thier peepers as opposed to what cl sees through his "specs".

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I worry far more what some fans see through Thier peepers as opposed to what cl sees through his "specs".

Hopefully what we witness through those peepers will be more pleasing on the eyes soon. Here's hoping!

44 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Callahan got in his way a few times. Was not helping much. Drop him for Souttar.

Souttar is out of tomorrow, had dizziness relating to his concussion so won’t be risked

Made a massive difference in midfield last week, which wouldnt be difficult, but even just his positional sense helped so much.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Did well considering he hadn't played for 6 weeks. Added some much needed composure.

The only player we have with any degree of skill in the midfield. Getting him back to his best would help enormously. I cant help thinking our management of him and Walker has not helped to get the best out of them both.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

The only player we have with any degree of skill in the midfield. Getting him back to his best would help enormously. I cant help thinking our management of him and Walker has not helped to get the best out of them both.

To be fair, Djoum himself outlines the reasons for his poor form since February in the article. 

I don't think management can help that much when the player himself is knackered.

Anyway, although he wasn't fantastic on Sunday, he made a big difference and it really highlighted how weak we've been in midfield recently especially in the games against Hibs and Sevco.

Hopefully he'll kick on from here and we can start creating and taking chances.

Only the blind or just born dumb could argue against Djoum having had a good game last week.      He was by miles the best player on the park.       He wasn't even at his best.

Our trouble is that we do not have another player near his quality.      It's blindingly obvious that his value can only be maximised by having good players beside him.      But he is still more than capable of bringing others into the game,   which he does. 

Hoping as his match fitness builds he can get back to his best for us, on his game he is a huge player for us. He is the midfielder most capable of creating and scoring goals for us at the moment. Confident Levein will get the best out of him

We will see a few good/awesomegames out of him then in January.... oh wait back to square one! Get rid!!! A really good player but we could get someone with more consistency on a lesser wage...

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Did well considering he hadn't played for 6 weeks. Added some much needed composure.

Not excellent though mate. I'd have saved that for Berra or Brandon

When he first signed he was played further forward and that’s when we seen the best of him. Since being played deeper which is baffling he has been shite.

13 minutes ago, Chaps said:

When he first signed he was played further forward and that’s when we seen the best of him. Since being played deeper which is baffling he has been shite.

Largely agree with this. Played as a number 10, he is our best player by some distance.

He is wasted when played in a deep midfield role. And normally pretty ineffective. 

Overall a a very good player for us, who gets a lot of undue criticism. That said, he has been very disappointing for most of this calendar year...although that is true of pretty much everyone! 

Personally can't wait for him to leave. He seems too preoccupied trying to play for Cameroon in friendlies than playing for his employer.  I think his attitude is indicative of everything thats been wrong with the club since Levein took over and hopefully once he eventually ****s off we can bring in players with more heart and desire. I don't think he's taken to the club in the same way Ozturk, Kitchen, Skacel or any of the other countless foreign players have. I think it's that 'stepping stone' mentality and he's ended up stuck here because he's not as good as he thinks he is. 

I think him getting international caps was the beginning of the end of him as a player. His hunger was to achieve that, now he has and its gone. Punt him at the first opportunity pls. 

1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

Thought he was excellent today. More of that please. 

Agreed. Both him and Walker had good games today.

31 minutes ago, kila said:

He played well today, much more like the Djoum we used to know

Getting better with every game and making those around him better.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Miles better with real midfielders, thought Cowie was decent when he came on. 

Was a big mistake playing Cochrane over Cowie against a physical County mudfueld  . Levein has questions to answer over that one . 

Best player over the last 2 games by far.

Hoping he turns in a performance one of these days that just exhibits the skill and swagger of a player who has won an international accolade, putting whoever is unlucky enough to come up against it to the sword.He'll probably still get booed mind, but even just one absolutely class performance I think could turn his form and the fans relationship with him around for the better.

47 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Our best player today by a distance.

Easily. Glad to see it and more of the same please. 

Archived