***Official Hearts v Ross County Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I'll go 2-1 to us. Papering over the cracks a bit, but we have a few players who are much better than they're letting on. They have to show it eventually.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forever the optimist I think a 3-0 win but I have absolutely nothing to back this prediction up. A draw or worse I can’t start to think about. 

23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

To be honest I don’t see him missing as a minus. His form has been poor of late and (can’t believe I’m saying this) a break may give him a boost. Very poor from his distribution to his corners (which he should not be taking given his position and his ability).

hughes everytime at the moment

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

To be honest I don’t see him missing as a minus. His form has been poor of late and (can’t believe I’m saying this) a break may give him a boost. Very poor from his distribution to his corners (which he should not be taking given his position and his ability).

hughes everytime at the moment

I thought that until Hughes let Storey clean through last weekend. 

Just now, Texia said:

I thought that until Hughes let Storey clean through last weekend. 

He did but that was his only mistake to be fair. 

I see this as a must win game.  We need a lift, the players need to get confidence levels back up.  Another bad result and we are starting to look behind us instead of ahead.  Not to mention this place will be in meltdown.

2-0 Hearts, PLEASE FFS.

13 hours ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Taking the wee man to his first game so hopefully a goalfest for us. Expecting a no score bore unfortunately.

We'll have to take his strength as well as yours for this game :smile:

County have signed a winger , Chris Eagles, probably targeting our weakness at full back. Still let's not worry about them , 3-0 Hearts Isma, Lafferty and Berra. 

Watched the RC last game, Celtic managed 1 goal, and County came close a few times, Craig  Levein v Owen Coyle, I think Coyle will walk away with all 3 points. But IF! we win, it will be a really good result! No easy games these days.

considering the best Hearts Player v Kilmarnock  was Lewis Moore (2nd Half anyway) was surprised he did not feature thought in that game he gave us a little bit extra  which we required during Partick Game

1 hour ago, samcdonald22 said:

Watched the RC last game, Celtic managed 1 goal, and County came close a few times, Craig  Levein v Owen Coyle, I think Coyle will walk away with all 3 points. But IF! we win, it will be a really good result! No easy games these days.

Totally agree with all you said - but really at this stage of the 5 year Levein plan we should have built a team that can beat the RC of this world at home comprehensively.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He did but that was his only mistake to be fair. 

It was but it was an absolute shocker of a mistake that a guy with his experience should not be making.

Living in the real world and realising miracles do not happen, we will perform as we usually do.  I therefore predict a draw.

Can't see a home win here, couple of goals would be nice. 

Their keeper having to make a few saves would also be good (not making them would be better of course)

58 minutes ago, Arry said:

Hard fought 3-1 in front of a nervous 16,255 spectators.

Hard fought - that's a goal fest Arry!!  :thumb:

Have a good feeling about this. Saturday, 3pm, no pregame dramas or hoopla about the new main.

Two early goals, Laff and Isma, then cling on for dear life for a 2-1 win. 

I usually get some unexplained optimism by this time on a Friday but it's not appearing this week. I'd love to scrape a win, any win , but it looks like another draw to me. 1-1 again!

We're surely due a win this week.  

Hoping to see a bit more football from us.  Last week without Souttar's long hoofs was marginally better.  We look a better side when the likes of Djoum carry the ball rather than it being belted from the back.

I’m feeling like this could be a loss of 3-2 to RC, a boring draw or a very very sneaky 1-0 win. My heads got the first scenario as most fitting. 2 goals in the first half and we’ll all be feeling quietly optimistic. A sucker punch after half time due to being overly defensive or a slip up and then another 2 late in the game after all the subs etc just to knock the wind back out of us, cause meltdown on here and have welts like myself questioning why we never ousted 3/4 coaches and a manager and used the wages to bring in someone like Sergio.

My heart hopes for that very very sneaky 1-0 win in front of a good crowd, with a Hamilton win and then a similar scenario next weekend just to let us know normal service is up and running again. 

20 minutes ago, Coco said:

We're surely due a win this week.  

Hoping to see a bit more football from us.  Last week without Souttar's long hoofs was marginally better.  We look a better side when the likes of Djoum carry the ball rather than it being belted from the back.

Agree. It made such a difference to see a player take on a man last week, get's things moving. Some of the senior players should take a look at Brandon's willingness to run with the ball. Seems like simply a lack of confidence from them.

Good chance we will see Keena starting up front as I have heard a certain flute playing striker will not be making it. 

2 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

2-0 Isma And laff to actually score in same game.

I was beginning to wonder if they were both the same person :laugh:

Archived