Repetitive Arse Covering by Levein

Tasavallan

1 hour ago, GloriousHeartz said:

Can we not just stand the guy who is probably our greatest ever Captain. Blaming CL for all of our woes, hahahah the man is a Hearts man through and though. He only has what's best for the club in mind. Let him get on with the job, football and football at the moment is full of liars, cheats and yes men. We have a guy that isn't any of them and we're treating him like he is a nobody! 

I missed this post, well said! The disrespect shown to a guy who's dedicated so many years of his life to hearts is appalling

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GloriousHeartz
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I missed this post, well said! The disrespect shown to a guy who's dedicated so many years of his life to hearts is appalling

Granted it is frustrating but do people honestly the CL isn't hurting. He will be giving nothing short of 110% as he always has done. Let's stand behind him and let him know we're with him. The players will come good.

21 hours ago, amadjambo said:

I’m encouraged by that article. Levein wants a LB, width and pace, and a goalscorinv midfielder. Exactly what we have been needing for ages. At least we now have a manager that can spot the obvious and will hopefully address these areas.

Well he must be the last person at Hearts to finally admit what has been missing for ages. Every single fan could see the weakness's.

Do you really think as Director of Football - the man with the vision, could not identify the problem until now?

GloriousHeartz
32 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well he must be the last person at Hearts to finally admit what has been missing for ages. Every single fan could see the weakness's.

Do you really think as Director of Football - the man with the vision, could not identify the problem until now?

Do you honestly think this is the first CL has noticed this requirement? Do you really honestly think that he has just stumbled over this. 

18 minutes ago, GloriousHeartz said:

Do you honestly think this is the first CL has noticed this requirement? Do you really honestly think that he has just stumbled over this. 

Well if he knew about it, he has done nothing to resolve it - that is even worse!

2 hours ago, GloriousHeartz said:

Can we not just stand the guy who is probably our greatest ever Captain. Blaming CL for all of our woes, hahahah the man is a Hearts man through and though. He only has what's best for the club in mind. Let him get on with the job, football and football at the moment is full of liars, cheats and yes men. We have a guy that isn't any of them and we're treating him like he is a nobody! 

Not even close!!

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, sac said:

Things will obviously improve now Levein is clearly reading KB.

We're bang in trouble if he does. 

Coburg Hearts
43 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well if he knew about it, he has done nothing to resolve it - that is even worse!

Sorry, I didn't realise the transfer window was open in September, October, and November. 

10 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Sorry, I didn't realise the transfer window was open in September, October, and November. 

He has been the Director of Football for the past 3 years. The obvious weakness's in the team have been apparent since then. He is responsible for all Football matters, and has been negligent in the extreme for not having a proper Left Back, Winger and Midfield.

This is not a new problem, and every fan (apart from you obviously) has seen us struggle with these positions. The very fact he has now admitted we require this to be addressed, prompts the question - what has he been watching???

On 23/11/2017 at 11:26, JAMMY1980 said:

Bit like the repetitive moaning and impatience of certain `hearts` fans.

And what do you suggest Hearts fans who dislike the shambles our team has become do ? What more is there than moan ? Do you want us to protest or get abusive ? We go along to the games and get behind the team and what happens.......the team let us down for more times than i care to remember. The team let's the fans down not the other way around so we moan. We moan because we're not happy in fact we're sick to the back teeth. Is it enjoyable watching Hearts NO !  Do we want change, YES  ! Do we want more excuses, NO ! Do we want more promises, NO !

We only want action that will get Hearts to where we belong up the top of the league, challenging for cups and playing good attacking football. Until then i for one will moan unless i see a big improvement.

52 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

It is actually. Do you not recall Hearts saying that you often get better deals after the window closes because players wage demands etc reduce. So provided the player is a free agent then you can sign a player outwith the transfer window.

Killie just signed someone recently who was in this situation. The issue would be how fit they are.

20 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Can you tell me the role Levein has him playing because it's a bit difficult to fathom in most games?

Our players are over-coached and it is holding them back, our state of the art methods do not improve any player, the opposite is nearer the truth. We do not need our ''new expensive performance school'' to give us that data, we are watching it week in week out., I have nothing against Craig Levein but I do not share his vision. Nobody is going use HMFC as a model. Ian Cathro was all the proof anybody would need. We do not need patience, we need to get back to basics in most aspects. I am all for youth development, (  We are mid-table in the development league and are using players in the first team ) but it must go hand in hand with astute recruitment preferably of ambitious players with potential and not so many over thirties. Our city and club can attract players. If we have decent players out on loan get them back, they will have had better coaching in the real world. This would not take a lot to sort out, 3 or 4 signings maybe, but we need to get back on the rails, football is a simple game, the practical side is more important than the theory.

On 23/11/2017 at 11:32, Cut The Crap said:

At these press conferences, why does no one ask him why he allowed such a clearly imbalanced squad to be assembled by his predecessor?

Why is he never called out on the fact that each transfer window finds us desperately needing to re-balance the squad in order to accommodate the current incumbent's preferred style of football?

What has happened to the Principles of Play, which were intended to rid us of this wasteful rip-it-up-and-start-again mentality?

Do you really think it would be right for CL to tell either RN what players they should or should not sign? Perhaps he should of been picking the team as well.

CL’s job was not to micro manage RN or Cathro.  

48 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Do you really think it would be right for CL to tell either RN what players they should or should not sign? Perhaps he should of been picking the team as well.

CL’s job was not to micro manage RN or Cathro.  

So what do you recall from the notes he continually passed down from the Stand??

On a wider point, any Director is responsible for the Direction of the Company. Finance Directors are responsible for all Monetary matters, Sales Directors for Sales, etc etc - what do you think a Director of Football is responsible for??

49 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

On a wider point, any Director is responsible for the Direction of the Company. Finance Directors are responsible for all Monetary matters, Sales Directors for Sales, etc etc - what do you think a Director of Football is responsible for??

CL had responsibility for all of the clubs football matters, including the youth set up and the first team.

CL is judged on the overall performance of the football side of the club, not just the first team.

RN and Cathro were judge purely on the performance of the 1st Team.

Budge appears to think that hiring RN was a success and that the Youth side of the club has improved.

Cathro is the only area which has been highlighted as a disappointment.

If CL doesn’t do well with the 1st Team now, he will go.  

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Ryder said:

Same old excuses, it’s everyone else’s fault but Jamie’s. It’s the players around him, not Jamie. I’d have Callachan and Cowie in the team every single minute of the year before Walker. 

ATM I'd play all 3 and Djoum.

Nothing better.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

Talk is cheap, heard during the cathro disaster. 

Time for action.

Need to wait, January is after December.

4 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Maybe something to do with not having the opportunity to recruit players during a transfer window yet? 

31 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Maybe something to do with not having the opportunity to recruit players during a transfer window yet? 

He has neglected the problematic areas of the team for years. Previous Transfer Windows were wasted by not recruiting a Left Back, 2 Midfielders and a pacey Winger.

As Director of Football, First team recruitment is the priority. He has been negligent in the extreme over our ongoing debacle of players not fit for purpose on lengthy contracts.

59 minutes ago, McCrae said:

CL had responsibility for all of the clubs football matters, including the youth set up and the first team.

CL is judged on the overall performance of the football side of the club, not just the first team.

RN and Cathro were judge purely on the performance of the 1st Team.

Budge appears to think that hiring RN was a success and that the Youth side of the club has improved.

Cathro is the only area which has been highlighted as a disappointment.

If CL doesn’t do well with the 1st Team now, he will go.  

Tell that to the 13,000 Season Ticket holders, I am sure they are delighted.

5 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Tell that to the 13,000 Season Ticket holders, I am sure they are delighted.

I am one of those 13k, and although I’m far from delighted, I understand that his job remit was enormous and he has been focussing his attention on other parts of the infrastructure up until now. I am now confident he will sort out the first team.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Sorry not accepting that. He's made a mint out of Hearts, he wasn't doing it for nothing and the club stuck by him when he had lengthy injuries, not to mention bans for punching a team mate.

He was quick to run south when the opportunity came as well. There is very little loyalty in football, so I don't see why we should return it to player/manager etc. It's the club that counts.

Figures speak for themselves. His first ten games in charge are worse than Cathro's. AND Cathro was Craigs doing. All Football related matters is his remit, and I'll give praise where its due,

he did well for us in the lower league, perhaps that's his level.

10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I am one of those 13k, and although I’m far from delighted, I understand that his job remit was enormous and he has been focussing his attention on other parts of the infrastructure up until now. I am now confident he will sort out the first team.

Hi Ryder

Sorry my mistake, it was just league goals I was seeing. Cheers

25 minutes ago, D'Jambo said:

Sorry not accepting that. He's made a mint out of Hearts, he wasn't doing it for nothing and the club stuck by him when he had lengthy injuries, not to mention bans for punching a team mate.

He was quick to run south when the opportunity came as well. There is very little loyalty in football, so I don't see why we should return it to player/manager etc. It's the club that counts.

Figures speak for themselves. His first ten games in charge are worse than Cathro's. AND Cathro was Craigs doing. All Football related matters is his remit, and I'll give praise where its due,

That's fine, don't accept it, but then you need to accept that guys like Rudi and Robbo made their money too, as well as both being quick to run south when the opportunity arose.

Craig Levein was one of the best players we've ever had, and over a lot of years at that - he deserves much better than some are giving him just now

27 minutes ago, D'Jambo said:

He did well for is in the top league as well first time around though I wasn’t his biggest fan.

Lot of hope that the youth system has been improved.  No evidence as yet 4 years in.  Nobody has come through and made the impact of say Paterson who had the great combination of physicality, attitude and ability.  All the young players have shown they can do a bit but none as yet looks like a future star.  Same can be said for the group out on loan.

Very little evidence of Levein in the past creating a youth system with a long term return.  Dundee United had a couple of good players and signed a few good young players.  Hearts the first time was mostly a team of transfer inputs with the exception of Gordon, Neilson and Seve.

With the exception of Daly's 1 Scottish Cup I don't think anyone in the coaching staff has won anything in their playing or management career?  Obviously that's not the be all and end all.  But the club has put a lot of faith and money into the model created by someone who was never close to winning anything as a manager.

48 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

He has neglected the problematic areas of the team for years. Previous Transfer Windows were wasted by not recruiting a Left Back, 2 Midfielders and a pacey Winger.

As Director of Football, First team recruitment is the priority. He has been negligent in the extreme over our ongoing debacle of players not fit for purpose on lengthy contracts.

I don’t disagree, but perhaps Levein is guilty of not interfering enough in first team matters. Ironic given that he has been getting hammered for interfering at all, that perhaps his biggest failing as DoF is allowing the head coach to build the squad and not taking a more active role in player recruitment and identification.

1 minute ago, Coco said:

Lot of hope that the youth system has been improved.  No evidence as yet 4 years in.  Nobody has come through and made the impact of say Paterson who had the great combination of physicality, attitude and ability.  All the young players have shown they can do a bit but none as yet looks like a future star.  Same can be said for the group out on loan.

Very little evidence of Levein in the past creating a youth system with a long term return.  Dundee United had a couple of good players and signed a few good young players.  Hearts the first time was mostly a team of transfer inputs with the exception of Gordon, Neilson and Seve.

With the exception of Daly's 1 Scottish Cup I don't think anyone in the coaching staff has won anything in their playing or management career?  Obviously that's not the be all and end all.  But the club has put a lot of faith and money into the model created by someone who was never close to winning anything as a manager.

Craig was close to winning the league and cup in 86 iirc 

4 minutes ago, Coco said:

Never close to winning as a manager or as a player? As a manager maybe, as a player......1986 ring any bells (cue all those who 'know for definite' that he bottled out of playing at Dens)

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He did well for is in the top league as well first time around though I wasn’t his biggest fan.

He did indeed. One of the few managers that had any team coming 3rd 2 years in a row. 

Maybe that's why i was annoyed that he jumped ship when Leicester came calling :).

Since then, and in more recent years especially, I haven't been convinced. I hope he can prove

me wrong because it's a real struggle going along these days.

17 minutes ago, Coco said:

U20s have good prospects but so do other clubs.Same with loanees.The jury is out.

Arnott is in charge of Academy.Leveins energies  should be full time first team not part time..

40 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's fine, don't accept it, but then you need to accept that guys like Rudi and Robbo made their money too, as well as both being quick to run south when the opportunity arose.

Craig Levein was one of the best players we've ever had, and over a lot of years at that - he deserves much better than some are giving him just now

32 minutes ago, DavieG said:

what has Levein's playing record gotvtovdo with his record as DoF or manager? Not all good players become good managers and vice versa.

I didn't say they were linked, I've only said that someone who's one of the best hearts players I've ever seen and who has dedicated many years of his life to our club deserves more respect than he's getting just now. 

Someone else said "yeah but he got paid and went south as soon as he could" and I replied to say that this also applies to robbo and rudi - if that's a stick to beat Levein with, it must apply to others too

All Out Attack
9 hours ago, GloriousHeartz said:

Granted it is frustrating but do people honestly the CL isn't hurting. He will be giving nothing short of 110% as he always has done. Let's stand behind him and let him know we're with him. The players will come good.

Come on, you know that's not going to happen. The Levein appointment unfortunately split the fans. 

I'm afraid I can't buy this CL isn't hurting stuff either. It didn't affect him the slightest when we were enduring a years worth of pain under Cathro. Don't forget if Levein had his way, Cathro would still be in place now. 

As for this 110% effort you suggest, that's not true either. He is only part-time on the training ground now, leaving it to his trainees. This may actually be part of the problem we have with the first team. 

I really hope we pick up soon in the park, as it looks like a slow apathy is taking hold and may gradually impact our attendances. 

3 hours ago, Ryder said:

So as Director of Football, what percentage of his energies should be devoted to the First Team?  Surely this should be his priority, as without a successful First team everything else is secondary. No one is going to sing his praises for winning the Development League....

2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

I don’t disagree, but perhaps Levein is guilty of not interfering enough in first team matters. Ironic given that he has been getting hammered for interfering at all, that perhaps his biggest failing as DoF is allowing the head coach to build the squad and not taking a more active role in player recruitment and identification.

Not interfering in First team matters - what about his note passing from the stand?

11 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

So as Director of Football, what percentage of his energies should be devoted to the First Team?  Surely this should be his priority, as without a successful First team everything else is secondary. No one is going to sing his praises for winning the Development League....

I know you are smarter than this, and just being churlish.

10/10

:thumbsup:

Totally this. Nobody will be hurting more than CL and nobody will work harder to fix it than him. 

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I know you are smarter than this, and just being churlish.

No need to be patronising Ryder, ask any Season Ticket holder where their priority lies. Without a First Team, nothing else matters. I suspect you know this.

An argument is not necessary, as time will be the judge of Craig Levein.

3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

No need to be patronising Ryder, ask any Season Ticket holder where their priority lies. Without a First Team, nothing else matters. I suspect you know this.

An argument is not necessary, as time will be the judge of Craig Levein.

The first team is essentially the premium product. However, when Levein returned, he had a lot more to fix than that. The rest appears to be fixed now, and he turns his attention to the first team. You know this though, it’s annoying when people play the daft laddie card with things like this.

21 minutes ago, Ryder said:

The first team is essentially the premium product. However, when Levein returned, he had a lot more to fix than that. The rest appears to be fixed now, and he turns his attention to the first team. You know this though, it’s annoying when people play the daft laddie card with things like this.

There is only one daft laddie, and on this occasion it is you. It is becoming more obvious Craig Levein does not want to be the Manager. It is my belief he is doing it under duress. His demeanour in the dugout shows this. The teams performances have been pedestrian, lacking urgency, energy and passion.

His previous mantra was "You have to win the battle before the game". What has happened to that idea now - because the lack of fight is glaringly obvious. You carry on thinking otherwise if you want. In a few months time one of us will be right.

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

There is only one daft laddie, and on this occasion it is you. It is becoming more obvious Craig Levein does not want to be the Manager. It is my belief he is doing it under duress. His demeanour in the dugout shows this. The teams performances have been pedestrian, lacking urgency, energy and passion.

His previous mantra was "You have to win the battle before the game". What has happened to that idea now - because the lack of fight is glaringly obvious. You carry on thinking otherwise if you want. In a few months time one of us will be right.

I just love it that people can read Craig Levein's mind. I give up.

22 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I just love it that people can read Craig Levein's mind. I give up.

Body language experts. :lol:

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

Not interfering in First team matters - what about his note passing from the stand?

Read what I said again. :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Oh, I don’t think you are daft. You are just playing the daft laddie card.

Archived