EFL vs Champions League

N Lincs Jambo

N Lincs Jambo

Tonight 3 British teams are in action (ok I use that term lightly with Celtic) but I have noticed that Sky Sports are screening the Ipswich v Sheffield Weds game live with kick-off at 7.45pm, ie the same time as Celtic and Man U are kicking off in the CL.

I thought that the reason the replay of our Scottish Cup ties against the vermin the last two year could not be televised live was because UEFA will not permit live televised coverage of any game which co-incides with a Champions League game. Am I right or has something been changed regarding this? OR, is it that UEFA will turn a blind eye towards certain countries like England??

Bridge of Djoum

I thought it was only a particular countries ''top league'' that couldn't be televised? I could be absolutely mistaken though.

Yeah it's never been made entirely clear. I think the rule has since been changed, if it ever really existed.

N Lincs Jambo
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah it's never been made entirely clear. I think the rule has since been changed, if it ever really existed.

Possibly not however it was the reason given for neither replay being televised the last two seasons. As much as I hate double standards it was probably for the best...

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

i'm sure uefa have removed the rule about showing other games at the same time a CL games

MacDonald Jardine
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Possibly not however it was the reason given for neither replay being televised the last two seasons. As much as I hate double standards it was probably for the best...

Yep. You have no idea how lucky you were to miss the replays.

N Lincs Jambo
36 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I followed them here on JKB so I'm pretty sure you're right!!

39 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Especially the second one.

N Lincs Jambo
51 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Agreement with Uefa was scrapped from this season.

Cheers for that John. I wasn't aware of that.

7 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Cheers for that John. I wasn't aware of that.

If the Hibs Cup game goes to a replay and the CL’s on the same night, I’m not sure that’s a good thing....

N Lincs Jambo
1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

If the Hibs Cup game goes to a replay and the CL’s on the same night, I’m not sure that’s a good thing....

We're due them a doing. I reckon they will struggle to hold onto McGinn in the window so hoping to feck we can do them 1st time of asking this time.

12 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

We're due them a doing. I reckon they will struggle to hold onto McGinn in the window so hoping to feck we can do them 1st time of asking this time.

We all hope for that. You could be right about McGinn. It all depends on what they do with the proceeds, although I believe St Mirren are due a sell on fee.

Archived