Iconic 78 shirt for pre order

Maroon Sailor

21 minutes ago, Different Class said:

It did say 500

Clearly "500" was mentioned, but 'what did it actually say?' is the question. Maybe it said the boxed editions were limited to 500, maybe it said it was limited edition and Umbro had agreed to make 500.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelly Terraces
3 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

The personalised FOH scarfs were meant to be a 1-time only thing...

Yeah mate, but they are pish. I didn't get 1 of these little beauties but no danger can they now release more as unfair to those who purchased under proviso they were Ltd Ed of 500. Agree that maybe more, 1874 natch, shoulda been issued in 1st place.

If they do the white one I'll be onto it like a hobo on a meth filled hypodermic needle.

Different Class
9 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Clearly "500" was mentioned, but 'what did it actually say?' is the question. Maybe it said the boxed editions were limited to 500, maybe it said it was limited edition and Umbro had agreed to make 500.

something along the lines of 'Hearts and Umbro have teamed up to produce 500 limited edition reproductions of the shirt. Each one will come in a presentation box' etc

Midfield Terrier
16 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

I'm very disappointed at not being able to buy one of these tops.

I doubt anyone who has been lucky enough to get one would begrudge a further batch being made available.

I was quick/lucky enough to get a medium one and would have no problem with the club doing another batch, it's more money for the club after all.  Of course the second batch should have iron on badges (and diamonds  for the sleeves) so they don't get mixed up with the more exclusive first batch buyers.

:smug:

Captain America

Find it strange the club have deleted the original news story about it.

I was lucky enough to get one and wouldn't have an issue if more were released.

queensferryjambo

They want to do a long sleeved version as well. 

They also want to do the away version short and long sleeved................Oh and a replica Umbro Alexanders (both seasons versions), Renault and MITA home and away, short and long sleeved.

Not asking too much am I?  

Clearly there is a demand over and above the initial 500. Why not issue another 1374, taking it up to 1874. The new batch doesn’t come in a presentation box thus maintaining the original 500 as “Limited Edition”. The new ones just sold off the hanger. It’s a no brainer. Christmas on the way and easy money in for the Club. They do so many things well off the pitch to have such a shortsighted view on this would be a schoolboy error. 

36 minutes ago, seebeegee said:

Clearly there is a demand over and above the initial 500. Why not issue another 1374, taking it up to 1874. The new batch doesn’t come in a presentation box thus maintaining the original 500 as “Limited Edition”. The new ones just sold off the hanger. It’s a no brainer. Christmas on the way and easy money in for the Club. They do so many things well off the pitch to have such a shortsighted view on this would be a schoolboy error. 

:spoton:

Missed opportunity not to sell more.  Make hay while the sun shines and all that jazz. 

1 hour ago, seebeegee said:

Indeed. If the club are worried about unsold stock then take orders and set a final date for these. After the end of the period, get the supplier to provide the number/sizes that have been ordered. No excess stock, all demand satisfied.

Cory McNamara
21 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

We won't be with Olympic Sportswear afain, and as they are defunct, maybe something that could be tried

I completely forgot that we are not with Puma anymore. I see one thing and call it differently.

1 hour ago, seebeegee said:

I'd imagine that they would be struggling to get more in time for christmas.

I ordered one yesterday and would have no issues at all with more being made available in future. The fact that it was a limited edition wasn't a factor in me buying it, though it did motivate me to ensure that I didn't miss out. I didn't even realise that it came with a box or certificate :laugh: Looking forward to getting the shirt. I used to have an absolute mint condition long sleeve one which I sold on eBay around 2008/9. Always kinda regretted that, so having a retro one that I can actually wear will be nice.

Hopefully this will be the start of better retro ranges being available - shirts, training tops/jackets etc. This release does feel like they were testing the market, so the quick sellout will surely motivate them to do more in future.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

They want to do a long sleeved version as well. 

They also want to do the away version short and long sleeved................Oh and a replica Umbro Alexanders (both seasons versions), Renault and MITA home and away, short and long sleeved.

Not asking too much am I?  

All of these shirts would sell in sizeable volumes and I agree that the club should seriously consider putting them into production. The sale of these should be restricted to one per season in generous (but still limited) numbers. That way, the club doesn't cannibalize sales of current season shirts and also ensures that it doesn't end up with 'dead stock'.  If they adopt this strategy, they could reap a nice additional earner for the next few years.

queensferryjambo
10 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

All of these shirts would sell in sizeable volumes and I agree that the club should seriously consider putting them into production. The sale of these should be restricted to one per season in generous (but still limited) numbers. That way, the club doesn't cannibalize sales of current season shirts and also ensures that it doesn't end up with 'dead stock'.  If they adopt this strategy, they could reap a nice additional earner for the next few years.

Absolutely agree on numbers per season.

Think there is a huge market for retro shirts and up until now it has always been somebody else other than Hearts profiting. 

The fact Hearts are currently with Umbro helps immensely for some of our nice 1980s shirts. 

Managed to order 1 for my dad's Christmas and thinking of getting Busby's number on the back, what number did he mainly wear?

I bought 30 yesterday.  I will be furious if the limited edition promise isn’t kept as I’m planning to sell them for £100 each.  

Will be be cancelling my FoH DD and suing the club if a new batch is released.

I don’t understand why anyone would be so precious about denying a fellow fan the chance to own some fantastic memerobilia 

of the 500 bought, how many were honestly bought because they wanted to be in a select group of owners of this top? And how many were because it’s an absolute beauty ?

ive missed out but it’s not the end of the world, if there’s a second wave I will do my utmost to be a part of it, if not, thems the breaks.

what is abundantly clear is there is a high demand for Hearts retro tops. And rather than toffs or similar outlets (retroshirtcity is another)  raking in the profits, Hearts have the opportunity and the facility to do these as official as possible.

that Umbro are our supplier is great news and even if each top was limited to the 1874 As suggested, there could be a quick and easy buck to be made.

it was before my time, but imagine a long sleeved version, a short and long sleeve away version of this one, the Alexander’s sponsor and (whisper it) a silver 86 style top.

would be a win win for both Umbro and the club.

leeds currently have 21 retro tops/track tops and if hearts could tap into this with some of our historical shirts it’s easy moneyZ 

(Leeds https://www.lufc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/browse02.aspx?group1=Retro&page=3&order=0 )

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, Nikoliunas said:

Managed to order 1 for my dad's Christmas and thinking of getting Busby's number on the back, what number did he mainly wear?

10 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

I don’t understand why anyone would be so precious about denying a fellow fan the chance to own some fantastic memerobilia 

of the 500 bought, how many were honestly bought because they wanted to be in a select group of owners of this top? And how many were because it’s an absolute beauty ?

ive missed out but it’s not the end of the world, if there’s a second wave I will do my utmost to be a part of it, if not, thems the breaks.

what is abundantly clear is there is a high demand for Hearts retro tops. And rather than toffs or similar outlets (retroshirtcity is another)  raking in the profits, Hearts have the opportunity and the facility to do these as official as possible.

that Umbro are our supplier is great news and even if each top was limited to the 1874 As suggested, there could be a quick and easy buck to be made.

it was before my time, but imagine a long sleeved version, a short and long sleeve away version of this one, the Alexander’s sponsor and (whisper it) a silver 86 style top.

leeds currently have 21 retro tops/track tops and if hearts could tap into this with some of our historical shirts it’s easy moneyZ 

(Leeds https://www.lufc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/browse02.aspx?group1=Retro&page=3&order=0 )

There is definitely a market for it. One of the main differences between the range that Leeds have is price - their tops are all around £25. If all of ours are going to be £50, we can't really have loads of different styles available at one time unless the limited edition component was removed. The Leeds ones do look a bit cheap, where our 1978 one looks really good quality. Hopefully we'll see the Alexander and Mita Umbro shirts released over the course of the Umbro deal. If the were to do a long sleeved version I'd prefer to see the 75-77 shirt (same collar but no sleeve diamonds and no badge) rather than a long sleeved 78 one - I think that would look really smart.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, jambo1980 said:

There is definitely a market for it. One of the main differences between the range that Leeds have is price - their tops are all around £25. If all of ours are going to be £50, we can't really have loads of different styles available at one time unless the limited edition component was removed. The Leeds ones do look a bit cheap, where our 1978 one looks really good quality. Hopefully we'll see the Alexander and Mita Umbro shirts released over the course of the Umbro deal. If the were to do a long sleeved version I'd prefer to see the 75-77 shirt (same collar but no sleeve diamonds and no badge) rather than a long sleeved 78 one - I think that would look really smart.

I got the Leeds 78 admiral shirt a few years back from ScoreDraw. It's pretty decent quality

10 minutes ago, jambo1980 said:

Tbh I only said leeds because a friend put a photo from their club shop and they were in the background so I looked online and found that page 

loads of clubs have them

32 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

I bought one because it is a lovely strip.  

Nothing to do with limited edition or nostalgia.    It was a crap season, Ingatber.  

I wouldn’t object to more getting released.  

Perhaps there are advertising rules that will be breached if we do.   I don’t know.  No objections from me though. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

£50 for a retro football top when there’s people starving in the world.

I don't see what difference it being retro makes? I get if it wasn't the original manufacturer but in this case it is so would reckon it should be priced similar to this season's kits.

I get your point though but you could day that about almost anything we buy.

On 22/11/2017 at 18:45, been here before said:

"Pre ordering" though. Does anymug actually fall for that pish? 

Classic :):):)

4 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

People smoke and drink mate and some eat too much. 

6 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

Will someone please think of the children!!!!

WorldChampions1902
9 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

Starting with the employee somewhere in the third world, that stitched said garment together.

I've still got my original away version of this in long sleeves. The material that kits were made of back in 1977 was somewhat different from today so it will be interesting to see if it more than just the design that is being replicated. 

19 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I've still got my original away version of this in long sleeves. The material that kits were made of back in 1977 was somewhat different from today so it will be interesting to see if it more than just the design that is being replicated. 

I'm guessing you have a kid size? Did they even sell adult replica kits in those days? I can't remember any adults wearing or collecting strips. It was a kid's thing. But then I was a kid so didn't pay a lot of attention to what old folk in their 20s and 30s did. 

8 hours ago, Midfield Terrier said:

I was quick/lucky enough to get a medium one and would have no problem with the club doing another batch, it's more money for the club after all.  Of course the second batch should have iron on badges (and diamonds  for the sleeves) so they don't get mixed up with the more exclusive first batch buyers.

:smug:

The second batch should have a number 2 iron-on-transferred onto the back.

(I'm only Kidding ;)

Auldreekie1874
8 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

The second batch should have a number 2 iron-on-transferred onto the back.

(I'm only Kidding ;)

Zico agrees 

1981%20-%20Walter%20Kidd.jpg

I got one because I was fast. If they release more I will be taking legal action against hearts. I was promised only 500 would be available which I why I bought one. I will be looking to sell mine to some schmuck that didnt get there in time for £300+ #dolladollabillsyo 

special agent oso
8 minutes ago, HMFCNial said:

I got one because I was fast. If they release more I will be taking legal action against hearts. I was promised only 500 would be available which I why I bought one. I will be looking to sell mine to some schmuck that didnt get there in time for £300+ #dolladollabillsyo 

Let's hope no buys it from you

15 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

Having a computer or a smart phone, when there is people starving in the world.  

Mrs JH tried to buy one for me as a surprise Xmas present. She failed and will be looking for a new husband shortly. Good with cats and a decent cook.

For all those that missed this but still have 50 jumping around in their wallet .... take a look here ;) some decent stuff available to buy

https://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/search/?search=Hearts&x=0&y=0

including the 88-90 Bukta home and one of my personal favourites the 06-07 Hummell home

More here

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/scottish-clubs/hearts.html?p=2

Including some match worn shirts, much better to collect

4 minutes ago, Jamos said:

For all those that missed this but still have 50 jumping around in their wallet .... take a look here ;) some decent stuff available to buy

https://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/search/?search=Hearts&x=0&y=0

including the 88-90 Bukta home and one of my personal favourites the 06-07 Hummell home

That 98-99 Olympic Sports one was a horrific effort.  Still seemed to remember buying it though. 

20 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

There is a clear demand for more of these strips to be made, so it should happen.

No it shouldn't, fast or last and I'm supprised this place wants to be associated with a kit worn by supporters who used to kick other fans up and down the place in the late 70s and early 80s. 

Archived