Iconic 78 shirt for pre order

Maroon Sailor

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bringonthesevco

500 tops at £50 , say £5 a top profit will raise is the grand sum of £2500 .

surely with everything going on at the club we have better / bigger  things to be focusing on ! 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, bringonthesevco said:

surely with everything going on at the club we have better / bigger  things to be focusing on ! 

Giving something back to the fans while the club benefits modestly.

Win-win surely?

2 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

A small profit, but a profit.   And perhaps it is a teaser.  

If they get snapped up, we would be mad not to release more. 

If I am in time, I will order one.   Not because it is limited edition, but because it is lovely.  As far as I am concerned, they can release as many as people want. 

Craig Gordons Gloves
1 minute ago, bringonthesevco said:

It's not always about profit though. I'm pretty sure the commercial dept don't have much say in the team....

2 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

The price of everything, the value of nothing. 

bringonthesevco
2 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

It's not always about profit though. I'm pretty sure the commercial dept don't have much say in the team....

Fair point , but I’d have thought the commercial department would have bigger things to be focussed on than this ....

been here before

Ill check it out in teal life first but looks the dugs.

"Pre ordering" though. Does any mug actually fall for that pish? 

Bazzas right boot

If I still played 5's I'd get one.

Sadly I have no use for a football top.

The silver one might tempt me tho.

12 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Iconic top limited edition top. Profit for the club. I’m not sure how any negatives can be found in this 

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Surely we are making more than 10% per top now we have the club store in house

WorldChampions1902

If this shirt is as popular as many posters on various threads have been suggesting, I reckon the 500 tops will sell-out quickly.

1 minute ago, campbell said:

Can assure you they will be making more than £5 profit on the top 

They will make more than 500 as well, if the demand is there.  Which is a good thing. 

Just now, Paolo said:

They will make more than 500 as well, if the demand is there.  Which is a good thing. 

I would imagine so, they will have a deal in place with Umbro as well to get the second batch produced at a lower rate or at bare minimum the same rate as the first as long as we decide within a certain timeframe

Francis Albert

Iconic seems to be out PR/ marketing  people's favourite word. A forty year old shirt design associated with no great football achievements (rather the opposite). Iconic? Jubilee? Overlapping with our ongoing celebration of an actual great achievement (iconic event in Hearts PR speak) 10 years later it seems a bit OTT to me. For as someone has said for £2500 or so.

I think the teaser approach to marketing is also a bit tacky and certainly overdone .

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Iconic seems to be out PR/ marketing  prople's favourite word. A forty year old shirt design associated with no great football achievements (rather the oppsite). Iconic? Jubilee? Overlapping with our ongoing celebration of an actual great achievement (iconic event in Hearts PR speak) 10 years later it seems a bit OTT to me. For as someone has said for £2500 or so.

I think the teaser approach to marketing is also a bit tacky and certainly overdone .

Imagine giving fans the option to buy or not buy something. Mad Budge out!

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Iconic seems to be out PR/ marketing  prople's favourite word. A forty year old shirt design associated with no great football achievements (rather the oppsite). Iconic? Jubilee? Overlapping with our ongoing celebration of an actual great achievement (iconic event in Hearts PR speak) 10 years later it seems a bit OTT to me. For as someone has said for £2500 or so.

Not saying you are entirely wrong, but even by my standards, as a frequent defender of you, this is a little depressing, even if factually correct.  

Cannot speak for others, but I will order one because I like it.   I actually prefer it to the current top.  

It it is one frequently harked back to on here, so if this has been identified and raises a few quid, then all good. 

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Love that top but my 'fuller' figure is not being offered in the sizes.:sob:

Not referring to Ricardo Fuller are you ? :thumbsup:

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not sure about the logic criticising a 'modest' £2500 profit on a single item that will literally fly off the shelves? I bet our Retail manager wishes the shop could return this sort of margin on every line in the shop in such a short space of time. That stand would soon be fully paid for if that were the case.

24 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Ask any successful businessman if they think a product which is pretty much guaranteed to make any profit and also be popular with your client base is a waste of time.

I think 100% would disagree with you.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Iconic seems to be out PR/ marketing  people's favourite word. A forty year old shirt design associated with no great football achievements (rather the opposite). Iconic? Jubilee? Overlapping with our ongoing celebration of an actual great achievement (iconic event in Hearts PR speak) 10 years later it seems a bit OTT to me. For as someone has said for £2500 or so.

The shirt is iconic to me. My first ever Hearts kit and it reminds me of Busby, Bannon, Gibson, Prentice, Jefferies, Zico etc ......

Also reminds me of the Airdrie game when the Incredible Hulk, Frank Liddell scored the winner to clinch the First Division.

MacDonald Jardine
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It appeals to folk my age though, who may have a bit of money to spend. 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Not saying you are entirely wrong, but even by my standards, as a frequent defender of you, this is a little depressing, even if factually correct.  

Cannot speak for others, but I will order one because I like it.   I actually prefer it to the current top.  

It it is one frequently harked back to on here, so if this has been identified and raises a few quid, then all good. 

Not sure why anyone should be depressed. Just my opinion and a concern about the impact of over hyping relative trivia if we get round to marketing something that makes a real dent in the stand funding gap.

17 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Love that top but my 'fuller' figure is not being offered in the sizes.:sob:

I don't know if it's just me but the photo on the website looks a mite unnatural - as if some thin-waisted person had used steroids to over-bulk their shoulders and chest area. Do people actually have bodies like that? :)

9ded3c52011e14403b1e0737737cb9ec.png

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't know if it's just me but the photo on the website looks a mite unnatural - as if some thin-waisted person had used steroids to over-bulk their shoulders and chest area. Do people actually have bodies like that? :)

9ded3c52011e14403b1e0737737cb9ec.png

Nice jugs too.

Would.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not sure why anyone should be depressed. Just my opinion and a concern about the impact of over hyping relative trivia if we get round to marketing something that makes a real dent in the stand funding gap.

I respect your opinion.   I even said you are factually correct.  

Personally though, I am not buying it for nostalgia reasons though.  I was only about two or three years olds   I know it was a crap season though.  

Despite that, I love the top, and the old badge.    That is why I am buying this.  

I agree, though, that nostalgia only goes so far. 

48 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If they get snapped up, we would be mad not to release more. 

Looks like they have, too late to order a larger size.  Why bother with only 500? they surely know its going to sell. Oh well.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Looks like they have, too late to order a larger size.  Why bother with only 500? they surely know its going to sell. Oh well.

Testing the market probably. Looks like they have flown off the shelves so that points to producing more.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

FA in having a pop at the club shocker.

Time he finished his post some sizes had sold out. Not an iconic shirt though because we were shit in that era

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Time he finished his post some sizes had sold out. Not an iconic shirt though because we were shit in that era

Weren't enough strips in those sizes, bad management etc....

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Testing the market probably. Looks like they have flown off the shelves so that points to producing more.

Hopefully, and then following it up with the 1982-83 shirt.

Archived