Cum’on the Parisians

Psychedelicropcircle

Lucille's Thirsty
2 minutes ago, Captain Price said:

Mind when we got shafted by Spurs we were an embarrassment to Scottish football :lol:

We got a credible draw at White Hart Lane and Anfield. Better than that mob have managed to do with all their history. I might be showing my age here. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain Price
29 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

We got a credible draw at White Hart Lane and Anfield. Better than that mob have managed to do with all their history. I might be showing my age here. 

Only team that season to keep a clean sheet at WHL that season IIRC

Lucille's Thirsty
5 minutes ago, Captain Price said:

I can’t remember CP, the tie was over before it got to WHL. The draw at Anfield was far better as the tie was 1-0 going into that game and we took a global giant all the way even if it was just the EL.

6 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

:pleasing:The invincibles, my @rse.

Invincibles is no doubt exactly what they are coz the rest of the SPL is utter dog shit. Sure they got spanked last night. But come next few games it will no doubt be 4-0, 5-0, 6-0. Let's try to improve our own league/team before rejoicing in another Scottish European failure

25 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Invincibles is no doubt exactly what they are coz the rest of the SPL is utter dog shit. Sure they got spanked last night. But come next few games it will no doubt be 4-0, 5-0, 6-0. Let's try to improve our own league/team before rejoicing in another Scottish European failure

We can do both, no?

By the way, the SPL is not utter dog shit. It is a league where every team bar one or two is operating on a shoestring budget - wha are you expecting? 

How owe can we criticise the powers that run our game for not promoting it if we fans speak like that. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

We can do both, no?

By the way, the SPL is not utter dog shit. It is a league where every team bar one or two is operating on a shoestring budget - wha are you expecting? 

How owe can we criticise the powers that run our game for not promoting it if we fans speak like that. 

Like it or not the standard of teams in the SPL is very poor indeed. Should we criticize 1 team coz its successful on a national basis? I'm not decrying the players or teams. The players do the best they can. Most games are at least competitive. It's the standard that's poor. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Thank you, PSG, for pumping the club that's sucking the life out of Scottish football.

Up them. 

Tbf, I think they're on the verge of doing the same in France!

2 hours ago, Henroddy said:

:rofl:

Nut, I’m delighted they got beasted. Maybe  when they do win their next domestic game by a score like that, then the media and everyone else will apply a little perspective, and report it in a similar way to the PSG match? Doubt it though.

Despite the difference in squad value, Motherwell HAVE to use something from this on sunday to see this Celtic team are not world beaters. The fact they are so far ahead is an utter farce.

22 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Despite the difference in squad value, Motherwell HAVE to use something from this on sunday to see this Celtic team are not world beaters. The fact they are so far ahead is an utter farce.

The defensive frailties can be exposed

Another physical game perhaps by Motherwell 

Nothing to lose

gorgie rd eh11
3 hours ago, Henroddy said:

:teehee:

1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

Like it or not the standard of teams in the SPL is very poor indeed. Should we criticize 1 team coz its successful on a national basis? I'm not decrying the players or teams. The players do the best they can. Most games are at least competitive. It's the standard that's poor. 

Its like watching the playground bully getting a well deserved kicking. 

Whats not to like?

it doesn’t change anything - they are still streets ahead of us, but football fans thrive on that pettiness. Count me in!

Bazzas right boot

it's funny to watch them get spanked.

Got to say,. Don't like psg, tho-hope juve, Barca , Madrid or even utd/ city knock them out.

Celtic's our bully, psg are France's bully.

Psg are pretty much what is wrong the game, they ofc aren't alone.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, Henroddy said:

I was making the point how the press were gushing over them last season giving them the title " invincibles " as if they were something special. It seemed to filter through to the other teams who were scared of them when in reality they are nothing special and that has been proven by their humiliation in Europe. 

The Gunners are the only true invincibles anyway ;)

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Broony disnae look best pleased.

:pleasing:

_98870548_14451815.jpg

He wasn't in the game. To me showed no leadership on the pitch whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I was making the point how the press were gushing over them last season giving them the title " invincibles " as if they were something special. It seemed to filter through to the other teams who were scared of them when in reality they are nothing special and that has been proven by their humiliation in Europe. 

The Gunners are the only true invincibles anyway ;)

Preston North End the originals.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Preston North End the originals.

That is a club that should be back in the top flight given their history with Sir Stanley Matthews and the like. It must be hard on their supporters seeing clubs like Blackburn Rovers, Wigan and even Bolton at one point making it ahead of them.

4 hours ago, Captain Price said:

Spurs did too ;)

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

That is a club that should be back in the top flight given their history with Sir Stanley Matthews and the like. It must be hard on their supporters seeing clubs like Blackburn Rovers, Wigan and even Bolton at one point making it ahead of them.

Stanley Matthews never played for them. Stoke City and Blackpool were his clubs. I think you are thinking of Sir

Tom Finney. Who many would say was a better player than Matthews.

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Stanley Mathews played for Blackpool in his prime and then moved to Stoke. You are probably thinking of Tom Finney who was also an all time great who played at the same time for Preston North End

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, John Findlay said:

Stanley Matthews never played for them. Stoke City and Blackpool were his clubs. I think you are thinking of Sir

Oops. I knew one of their players was given a knighthood and for some reason it was SSM that sprung to mind. Still a club I would like to see in the top flight and we have played them in friendlies in recent times so a bit of an added link there with ourselves.

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I was in Preston a couple of weeks back and saw they had a stand named Bill Shankly Kop, didn't realise PNE had any connection to him. 

Edit - wiki's just told me he ended his playing career with them, well you live and learn :) 

Further edit, on topic, I'm delighted that Timothy got a pumping dernier soire.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, smiler said:

I was in Preston a couple of weeks back and saw they had a stand named Bill Shankly Kop, didn't realise PNE had any connection to him. 

Edit - wiki's just told me he ended his playing career with them, well you live and learn :) 

I checked as well and I see he won the FA cup with them in 1938. Cup winning players will always be honoured in some way by their clubs and that is why a stand is named after him I imagine. 

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I checked as well and I see he won the FA cup with them in 1938. Cup winning players will always be honoured in some way by their clubs and that is why a stand is named after him I imagine. 

We need a Steven Pressley stand mate ;)

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, smiler said:

We need a Steven Pressley stand mate ;)

As he splits the support so much half the seats wouldn't be occupied. :smile:

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

As he splits the support so much half the seats wouldn't be occupied. :smile:

Surely the bitter bunch wouldn't be so petty!

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, smiler said:

Surely the bitter bunch wouldn't be so petty!

We can have a Steven Pressley corner (when we fill in the corners) where the fans can honour him by thumping on their chests.;)

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We can have a Steven Pressley corner (when we fill in the corners) where the fans can honour him by thumping on their chests.;)

surely the rows that are sunk under the pitch level would be more appropriate, slithering along the ground easier

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

:smile:

20 minutes ago, smiler said:

Further edit, on topic, I'm delighted that Timothy got a pumping dernier soire.

Tommy Docherty also spent most of his career with Preston. He played alongside Sir Tom Finney in the 1954 FA cup final losing to West Bromwich Albion. Most neutrals wanted Finney to emulate Stanley Mathews who won  a cup medal in the famous 1953 final. It was the first game I watched on TV courtesy of my parent,s rich neighbor Mrs Bourne 

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

surely the rows that are sunk under the pitch level would be more appropriate, slithering along the ground easier

Those in the front row, watch your feet. :smile:

21 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Tommy Doherty played for PNE too. Preston the first team to do the English double in the same season. Also very strong links with Scotland. Evenjoy on occasion fielding a team of 11 Scots. Long overdue a place at the top table.

10 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Tommy Docherty also spent most of his career with Preston. He played alongside Sir Tom Finney in the 1954 FA cup final losing to West Bromwich Albion. Most neutrals wanted Finney to emulate Stanley Mathews who won  a cup medal in the famous 1953 final. It was the first game I watched on TV courtesy of my parent,s rich neighbor Mrs Bourne 

PNE seem like a right decent club, bit dissapointed I couldn't make the friendly a couple of years back.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tommy Doherty played for PNE too. Preston the first team to do the English double in the same season. Also very strong links with Scotland. Evenjoy on occasion fielding a team of 11 Scots. Long overdue a place at the top table.

Roughly two and half hours by train from Edinburgh. Quite handy if anyone wanted to take in a game especially if they were to reach the Premier league.

20 minutes ago, smiler said:

PNE seem like a right decent club, bit dissapointed I couldn't make the friendly a couple of years back.

I was there. Highlight. Finding out at half-time I had become a grandad for the second time. They are quite rightly one of England's most famous clubs.

I find Celtic and their fans quite pathetic.

While some are unhappy at results like last night most seem to be just wallowing in their dominance over Rangers. 

While there is a place for that its no great achievement on its own. 

Scottish football has reached this place through the dominance of the Old Firm. A most unhealthy state. 

Psychedelicropcircle

When you laugh at them

online your rangers & viceversa genuinely think when all’s said & done they believe the supporters of all other teams will pick a side. Simply obsessed with each other that much. When I’m asked for a preferable outcome I tend to suggest a meteor strike!

Archived