Intriguing...

slashishere

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It looks like it as the hobbits seem to be sitting on the benches on the left of the photo. No where else had benches then apart from Aberdeen and it is not there for sure.

East of Scotland Shield game in 78

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still remember the 77/78 top was class to look at but bloody itchy as........also my first top...

:sterb032:burn rashes galore lol....

10 hours ago, kila said:

It'll be the cup strip with white Umbro diamonds down the sleeves like the '78 one.

3463654.png.b99822cecbe49d5bc804fb3eb40346eb.png

Is that not a photo of Malaury Martin?

11 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

The one I had when I was young which must have been from 82 (ish) has a different shinier material. Almost like the material they used on the next seasons Alexanders shirts. 

Anyone have an idea why mine is different to the flat looking material?

Still have it and also have tracksuit bottoms pictured here. 

DSC03527.JPG

image1 (1).jpg

For some strange reasons there may have been alternate versions, daft as it may seem.

for Christmas one year my brother got the white away version of this, and the tracksuit above from Topsport in Gorgie Road.

The top had in fact an open v-necked collar, ala Derby County and the tracksuit had a hooped design roll necked collar.

10 hours ago, argyjambo said:

That team photie, Bob Paterson,  I have absolutely no recollection of him. Did he ever play?

It’s actually Ian Paterson, played a few first team games, but was a regular goal scorer for many years with Brechin City, that picture was taken at Easter Road at the 1978 EOS final.

13 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Could surprise us with 3 points ya useless *****

Let's not be unrealistic here

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

For some strange reasons there may have been alternate versions, daft as it may seem.

for Christmas one year my brother got the white away version of this, and the tracksuit above from Topsport in Gorgie Road.

The top had in fact an open v-necked collar, ala Derby County and the tracksuit had a hooped design roll necked collar.

There was a change in the design early 80's I think.  It was the same with Scotland.  The overall design of the shirt remained the same but the white 'V' panel was replaced by a thinner, v-neck style but with a similar big collar.  The shiny material also replaced the Airtex material that JJ is wearing in that pic eventually.  It's a classic design they could probably afford to play about with. 

20 hours ago, Marvin said:

My very first strip was around then. Not like the shirts of today which are too comfortable.

Mine too.  That Umbro one with the white diamonds down the sleeves was the first one I had.  I think I even had the tracksuit (training gear, I believe the kids call it these days) to go with it!

12 minutes ago, Haken said:

Mine too.  That Umbro one with the white diamonds down the sleeves was the first one I had.  I think I even had the tracksuit (training gear, I believe the kids call it these days) to go with it!

Yeah, there's photo of me in my parents garden in taken in mid-seventies in the Umbro track suit. No Facebook or such like in those days :laugh:

Anyone actually ITK about this?

I just want the club to reveal what it actually is!  Hate these ****ing teasers that we've been doing recently.

19 hours ago, Outlander said:

I was thinking Love Street.

Mibbies that's why JJ is holding Zico's hand!

image.png.997c22a2122a854aa6feeb1fdb7b485d.png

Initial impression is that it’s lovely

overiding emotion is that the club has slightly lost touch and that at £50 and a 4th kit of the season (will it be worn? Didn’t read that it will be but I may have missed it) they are beginning to milk it a bit much.

but I do really like it 

Going against public opinion on this one it seems, I am not a fan of the diamonds.

During childhood the only Diamond gear I can think I owned was a Scotland shellsuit in 1986

Wasn't a huge fan of the roseberry either, even this seasons stip buttoned up collar I think could have been better.

Loved the memorial shirt and the FoH one.

Weird for me not to like a Hearts strip.....Honest.

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Initial impression is that it’s lovely

overiding emotion is that the club has slightly lost touch and that at £50 and a 4th kit of the season (will it be worn? Didn’t read that it will be but I may have missed it) they are beginning to milk it a bit much.

but I do really like it 

Limited to 500 so won't be a huge moneyspinner.

But I'm just going through a mid-life crisis!

Ordered one for my old mans Christmas, he’lol love it but probably never wear it, but hey, better than some Fat Face polos or a M&S jumper!!

Is 78 the relegation or promotion season? I started watching Hearts when they were in the first division I think in 78. My credit card is at the ready - I need to know!

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Is 78 the relegation or promotion season? I started watching Hearts when they were in the first division I think in 78. My credit card is at the ready - I need to know!

77-78 promotion

78-79 relegation

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, John said:

heartofmidlothian_retro2.jpg

heartofmidlothian_retro.jpg

heartofmidlothian_retro1.jpg

I have to say that is stunning. 

12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

77-78 promotion

78-79 relegation

Ok, will choose the promotion season version.

18 minutes ago, John said:

heartofmidlothian_retro2.jpg

heartofmidlothian_retro.jpg

Looks cotton, wary about losing colour after a couple of washes.

nice piece of nostalgia tho, however I’ll probably pass, had a long and short sleeved version of this when I was a kid.

I actually think it’s not a patch on this seasons kit.

probably too many bad memories and crap players associated with this kit.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Ok, will choose the promotion season version.

Good choice. :thumbsup:

The other one isn't worth a sook.

CornhillHearts

Ordered, nostalgia rules.....

I had a players issue (Willie Gibson) of this top that my dad managed to get a hold of when I was a kid.

Wore it all the time, to my bed  as a kid then playing 5s etc when I eventually grew in to it. 

Was a bit threadbare, diamond strip coming off, ripped collar. My mum chucked it out, was devastated.  

Delighted Umbro have produced a re-make

I will almost certainly order one for myself.   Will check my bank balance first.   Hopefully I can.  I think they will go fast.  

I think I actually prefer it to the current strip (material aside - based on original).  Partly because, if you are going to have a collar, you have a proper collar.   And I love that badge.  

It may be limited at the moment, but if there is demand, we would be nuts not to release more.   

Does not mention any release date though.   I want it now. 

...a bit disco

Hearts fans face race to land limited edition iconic 78 jersey

The classic design is beloved by the Jambos faithful and the club are releasing 500 replicas in the build-up to Christmas.

Hearts fans will get the chance to get their hands on a limited edition version of their iconic 1978 jersey.

The classic design is beloved by the Jambos faithful and the club are releasing 500 replicas in the build-up to Christmas.

It's been a hectic spell for Hearts after the race against time to open their main stand ahead of Sunday's draw against Partick Thistle .

The game was given the thumbs up and now the club will hope they can push on after a tumultuous season, both on and off the park.

The club have been widely praised for their relationship with fans since chairwoman Ann Budgetook charge in 2014.

Supporters have the chance to pre-order now with the jersey costing £50.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-fans-face-race-land-11567786

Shanks said no
21 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

The whole day was mayhem!

”we’re going to celebrate”

pomagne everywhere.

the antics on the grassy hill outside the ground before the game.

The dug getting carried out upside down ?

Carnage when Bannon scored.

On topic, I loved that white away shirt?

Was that the police dog? Even though I was at the game I was never sure if that story was true or an urban myth

2 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Must be selling like hot cakes only small and medium options left . :mad:

Any ITKers know if they will be getting XL in?

There was that option twenty minutes ago but by the time my mrs decided she'd get it for my xmas it was gone. And only small and medium available.

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, John said:

I know it is being a bit picky but wish they had done a better job on the badge. They seem to have put a good bit of effort into the sleeve diamonds.

Will still sell out and good cash in for the club. I personally think they should extend the edition of these shirts to satisfy demand. 500 is far too small.  

10462627_10204198695110468_3203068425935780191_n (2).jpg

17 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Any ITKers know if they will be getting XL in?

I ordered an XL straight away. Would imagine at 500 its maybe 100 in each size some sold out already? Hopefully the club have an option for more to be made available for those that have missed out. 

Worthing Jambo
27 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Was that the police dog? Even though I was at the game I was never sure if that story was true or an urban myth

I was at the south(?) sea side corner and remember Agnes from Currie (white fluffy hat!! :) ) going ballistic at how cruel it was.

im sure it was 4 policemen with a leg each!!!

It was so bizarre but then a lot of things at the games were back then :)

Archived