Genuine question : are Leveins days numbered?

gavinderbayne

Do Hearts play as a team that has shape plays with a system, plays to our players strengths, plays attractive football, scores goals, frustrates it's fans.

I believe the answer is NO TO EVERTHING.

Who is responsible for our team being so bad.

Yes your right it's Ann Budge for letting Craig Levein, McPhee & Daly loose on our team when it's obvious they are out of their depth.

When Ann said after she sacked Cathro the next manager would be an experienced person none of us fans ever thought it would turn out to be a sham.

The job Levein never wanted was fixed.

To come out with a statement that a new manager would have to have McPhee as his assistant, Daly as first team coach ect and all of them being Levein's men was 100% mental. The job of manager us the mist important job in every club but as far as Levein was concerned he is which is mental.

Ann Budge needs help but it looks like she is under Levein's control. 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The way some Hearts fans talk about Hearts legends like Gary Mackay and cup winning captain Steven Pressley is also horrendous eh?

Nothing against pressley- At all

Nothing against Mackay, apart from disagreeing with what he says about Hearts. Great player and servent, but imo talks shite to the press.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well, at least you’re not being totally melodramatic or hysterical about things. :lol:

I think that our current team demonstrates that Levein previously had no say in what players came to the club.

Leveins teams in the past have been strong, defensive minded but always had fast players in wide areas so we could counter attack. Look at what we have now, sappy players who often can't defend and practically no-one that could be considered as fast - the team could not be less Levein like compared to club teams he managed.

There is no danger Levein will be leaving unless we were getting relegated and he resigned. This season was always going to be a transitional one due to financial constraints, however I still expect us to be top 6.

5 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

So on what evidence do you think we will win any of these games?

Ross County (better and more organised than Partick)

Hamilton (beat Rangers and Hibs away and Aberdeen at home)

Motherwell (better than both the above)

Dundee (lost already to them this season but could go either way)

Celtic (no need to comment)

St Johnstone (A) (usually struggle)

Hibs (struggled in every game against them recently)

Aberdeen (can you see us beating them?)

Ross County - already beaten them this season

Hamilton - already beaten them this season

Motherwell - unlucky to lose to them at Fir Park

Dundee - outplayed them at Dens, gave away two shocking goals, should havewon 3/4 - 0

Celtic - someones got to beat them

st Johnstone - already beaten them this season

Hibs - they very rarely win at Tynecastle

Aberdeen - we were by far the better of the two teams earlier this season 

Amazing how facts beat your speculation isnt it?

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Ryder said:

Glad someone started this topic. There was nowhere to discuss this on any other thread before now.

:laugh::laugh:

4 minutes ago, Groatallar said:

I think that our current team demonstrates that Levein previously had no say in what players came to the club.

Leveins teams in the past have been strong, defensive minded but always had fast players in wide areas so we could counter attack. Look at what we have now, sappy players who often can't defend and practically no-one that could be considered as fast - the team could not be less Levein like compared to club teams he managed.

There is no danger Levein will be leaving unless we were getting relegated and he resigned. This season was always going to be a transitional one due to financial constraints, however I still expect us to be top 6.

Levein Mk 1 is very different from Levein Mk 2

This team is as much Leveins as Cathros. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Levein Mk 1 is very different from Levein Mk 2

This team is as much Leveins as Cathros. 

Levein mrk 1 had a bit of fight about him.  He used to punch team mates (well one anyway).

Levein mrk 2 sounds bored and like he's struggling to stay awake during press conferences.  Needs a Redbull or something stronger!

Perth to Paisley

Unless he is immortal..the answer is Yes.

Will gp back upstairs in summer with Daly taking over.

Austin will follow O'Neill unfortunately

3 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Nobody is doubting the loyalty of the Hearts support. No support in the UK has done more for their club. But its already been obvious that throughout 2017 many ST holders pick and choose their games. Even for the opening of the new Main Stand on Sunday there were undoubtably plenty ST holders not in attendance. Anyway, my point was about what would happen by the end of January for the remaining league matches. Whilst the ST money is already in the bank there is no question the financial implications of the Hibs cup tie are massive (as they have been in the previous 2 campaigns) both for the remainder of this season and next. The knock on effect is great. People did "forgive" again last summer, there is not a chance as many will if things go pear shaped again. With a greater capacity its easy to get tickets for games and the ST uptake will suffer without significant change.

TYpically around 750- 1000, If not more, season ticket holders miss every game. Been that way as long as i can remember. Just email Hearts and ask them. Work, holidays, family commitments, golf, bowls, timing of matches, matches on tv, weather, opposition(Celtic in particular) all factors in season ticket holders not making games at times.  My grandson misses games due to his pals birthday parties etc. Season ticket holder but only attends approx 50% of games. Lots of others in same boat. 

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Dundee - outplayed them at Dens, gave away two shocking goals, should havewon 3/4 - 0

Here's an actual fact. We took 10pts from the 8 games you seem so proud about and scored a grand total of 7 goals. 

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Agreed Hendricks. I think that teams quite often reflect the personality of their manager and Pressley would certainly be more vocal and animated on the touchline than Levein seems to be.

But his style has so far brought zero success as a manager/ head coach. Why would it be different with us? You are suggesting we take a guy that no-one else in football wants to hire. 

Footballfirst

Craig Levein will be hoping that Ann Budge doesn't give him an Advent calendar. If she does then his days will be numbered. :smiliz23:

38 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ooo, a puppet master controlling a supposed puppet master. The plot thickens...

How many levels of puppetry can we put up with! I demand puppet-related answers.

4 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

How many levels of puppetry can we put up with! I demand puppet-related answers.

FOUR!! A-AAH-AH-HA!

2C3D3706-DFA3-4EEB-8E5C-8222433E7802.png

17 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Here's an actual fact. We took 10pts from the 8 games you seem so proud about and scored a grand total of 7 goals. 

Did I say I was proud of them? For the record I didn’t. I was merely responding to Bob’s post predicting why we won’t win any of our upcoming matches. 

I didn’t  realise that he is  as perfect a predictor as yourself and that I shouldnt have the temerity to suggest he could be wrong. 

I see Hendricks has popped up again but still not accepted or declined my offer of a pint before the game on Saturday.

Come on pal it's just a yes or no. Ive got plans to make as I'm sure you do.

I am no fan of Levein and cannot see us moving forward under him. As someone who followed Scotland home and away during his tenure, it was frankly awful. I'd never been so turned off by football and when I think about it, haven't been to a Scotland game since. I'm now starting to feel that same dread about Hearts games. His entire experiment hasn't delivered and the footballing side of things is a joke. Whatever the problem is and has been the last two seasons, it's been Levein's job to fix it and he's not done it. 

On the flipside, I don't think he's done yet unfortunately. We've a run of winnable home games and if he  manages to deliver a few wins in that, it'll get some fans off his back. Failure there, he then will be given the window and if we win the cup derby, then a lot more people are going to be happy. Regardless, he'll get until the end of the season. If we haven't a top six finish, he should be removed from his role as manager and director. The Hearts job is an attractive one - nice city, relative decent wage budget, low expectations (we'd judge 3rd and a decent cup run a succesful season, decent club facilities) - we should get someone with a proven track record and let them clean house. 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Well, at least you’re not being totally melodramatic or hysterical about things. :lol:

Lol

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
3 hours ago, Gambo said:

I disagree, I think it shows he has had a hand in how we go about our games. I can't see any real difference in style under Neilsons last year, Cathro and Levein.

Really? I think there is a clear difference in the way Cathro tried to get us to play and the way Levein wants us to play. Unfortunately the clear problem with both is that the tempo is far too slow.

Neilson was more than capable of mixing things up when he wanted to and wasn't scared of trying something new. The style of football in the Championship was significantly different from what we are seeing now. Yes it changed when we get promoted but we still played decent stuff when we wanted to.

47 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Nothing against pressley- At all

Nothing against Mackay, apart from disagreeing with what he says about Hearts. Great player and servent, but imo talks shite to the press.

Fair enough BDH.  Other fans however are less respectful to 2 of our biggest legends. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Ann is really a bond villain and the new stand is her lair.

Cl is her number 1 henchman.

Cathro was actually fed to the sharks that she keeps- anyone seen him?

Tynecastle will open up and a rocket will be launched to hide the sun and bring the whole world to ransom.

Meanwhile, on the pitch we still can't get a left back.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Fair enough BDH.  Other fans however are less respectful to 2 of our biggest legends. 

I agree.

Cl, Elvis, Robbie get it tight.

Mackay only gets it because he mouths off at the press, don't think anyone has a go at him - football wise.

Never thought it would be a job defending such legends against other Hearts fans.

Who needs enemies....

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Ann is really a bond villain and the new stand is her lair.

Cl is her number 1 henchman.

Cathro was actually fed to the sharks that she keeps- anyone seen him?

Tynecastle will open up and a rocket will be launched to hide the sun and bring the whole world to ransom.

Meanwhile, on the pitch we still can't get a left back.

Good flight?

12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I see Hendricks has popped up again but still not accepted or declined my offer of a pint before the game on Saturday.

Come on pal it's just a yes or no. Ive got plans to make as I'm sure you do.

I suggest you read the thread properly as I replied hours ago. Kinda sad that all that interests you on JKB is trolling me and waiting till I pop on to reply and set the numnuts straight. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Morgan said:

Good flight?

Nope, delayed by about 50 minutes, delayed my work at Edinburgh, missed my 2140 train so on a bus, which is reeking of pish.

The pilot, cl Could have got us there earlier, but he was too cautious and picked the wrong co pilot, cost us 2 mins 39 seconds. Mad pilot boy oot.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I suggest you read the thread properly as I replied ours ago. Kinda sad that all that interests you on JKB is trolling me and waiting till I pop on to reply and set the numnuts straight. 

Mumnuts, not heard that in ages. I like that one.?

Underused put down imo.

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Nope, delayed by about 50 minutes, delayed my work at Edinburgh, missed my 2140 train so on a bus, which is reeking of pish.

The pilot, cl Could have got us there earlier, but he was too cautious and picked the wrong co pilot, cost us 2 mins 39 seconds. Mad pilot boy oot.

Bloody delays.

Ten minutes earlier and we’d have beaten them 2-0.

There would have been none of this ‘Hibernian, SC Winners 2016’ shit.

4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I suggest you read the thread properly as I replied ours ago. Kinda sad that all that interests you on JKB is trolling me and waiting till I pop on to reply and set the numnuts straight. 

Sorry buddy missed your reply.

Hopefully your reply was asking what time we will meet in the pub before the game?

If so I will be there about one o'clock. Just look for the guy who looks like a ned. I look forward to hearing your confirmation ?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Bloody delays.

Ten minutes earlier and we’d have beaten them 2-0.

There would have been none of this ‘Hibernian, SC Winners 2016’ shit.

Could have been us skelping tje Huns in the final.

Next time, apparently we have another chance to put that right, that's unless we have forfeited the game due to hibs being the best team in Scotland, Europe and the milky way galaxy.

Sorry boys. Had a little scoot back on the thread and have seen that Hendo won't be meeting me for a pint.

I'm sure its not very often that he misses games so hopefully there will be another opportunity to catch up.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Sorry boys. Had a little scoot back on the thread and have seen that Hendo won't be meeting me for a pint.

I'm sure its not very often that he misses games so hopefully there will be another opportunity to catch up.

:lol:

Missed all this. What’s a brief synopsis of Notts v Hendricks?

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

:lol:

Missed all this. What’s a brief synopsis of Notts v Hendricks?

He thinks im a ned is the latest Mothy.

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He thinks im a ned is the latest Mothy.

Based on what? Bit of an odd thing to assume about a stranger on the Internet. 

7 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

So on what evidence do you think we will win any of these games?

Ross County (better and more organised than Partick)

Hamilton (beat Rangers and Hibs away and Aberdeen at home)

Motherwell (better than both the above)

Dundee (lost already to them this season but could go either way)

Celtic (no need to comment)

St Johnstone (A) (usually struggle)

Hibs (struggled in every game against them recently)

Aberdeen (can you see us beating them?)

Bet you were one those who were predicting we would have no points after the first five games. You were wrong then and wrong now. Incidentally there isn't a manager in the country who would not be in danger of the sack if he lost eight games on the bounce.

A pretty stupid post from you actually.

Just now, Ryder said:

Based on what? Bit of an odd thing to assume about a stranger on the Internet. 

I want take is any further off topic Mothy but there is certainly a wee group who don't like me even though they don't know me from Adam.

Thought I would put my hand out to meet on common ground but it seems he can't make it to the team he spends all his day talking about.

At least I tried.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I want take is any further off topic Mothy but there is certainly a wee group who don't like me even though they don't know me from Adam.

Thought I would put my hand out to meet on common ground but it seems he can't make it to the team he spends all his day talking about.

At least I tried.

Cool. I was just being nosey. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Cool. I was just being nosey. :thumbsup:

No problem Mothy.

Strange he wouldn't meet for a pint though.

For much too long under his watch we seem incapable of scoring.  From comments I read on here, there's nothing much wrong with our forwards but we seem incapable of mounting sustained pressure and creating chances.

If anything, all that seemed even worse under Cathro.  Our entire support is sick of it and if we don't see a huge improvement by the end of January including at least one win over Hibs, Levein will have to go.

29 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Invite me for a half a dozen pints when you've been to 900+ Hearts first team games. Pints will be £20 each by the time that happens but I'm sure the social will increase for you too. 

There's a good lad.

12 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Invite me for a half a dozen pints when you've been to 900+ Hearts first team games. Pints will be £20 each by the time that happens but I'm sure the social will increase for you too. 

There's a good lad.

Not coming for a pint on Saturday then?

I'm disappointed. Imagine trying to take money at increased rates off a fellow Hearts fan then chucking a wee social media dig in there as well .

You guys really are very aggressive. Maybe there is a reason for that.

Actually its not a social media dig its because he's implying I'm on the dole. Another pathetic dig.

R

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I'd expect us to take at least 12 points from those games. As you've pointed out we are certainly capable, which is why it would be even more galling if we failed to accumulate 12 points from those games. 

Certainly big improvements are needed in a number of areas most notably in defence and the concession of late goals, which cost us points at Dundee and at home vs Killie & *Thistle. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

TYpically around 750- 1000, If not more, season ticket holders miss every game. Been that way as long as i can remember. Just email Hearts and ask them. Work, holidays, family commitments, golf, bowls, timing of matches, matches on tv, weather, opposition(Celtic in particular) all factors in season ticket holders not making games at times.  My grandson misses games due to his pals birthday parties etc. Season ticket holder but only attends approx 50% of games. Lots of others in same boat. 

If you watch highlights of games on TV in both Scotland and England you will see lots of empty seats yet games are reported as sell outs in some cases.

Some examples Man City,Arsenal,West Bromwich , West Ham and many more in England.  In Scotland Hibs,Celtic Rangers all reporting big crowds with half empty stadiums.

Yet because we have a few hundred ST seats not used it's a big drama , fans are dropping away etc etc.

I wish Hearts fans would stop talking our club down . With friends like some JKB posters who needs enemies.

12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not coming for a pint on Saturday then?

I'm disappointed. Imagine trying to take money at increased rates off a fellow Hearts fan then chucking a wee social media dig in there as well .

You guys really are very aggressive. Maybe there is a reason for that.

I responded to your bizarre assumption that I don't or haven't been a supporter that goes to games. I've been to over 900+ Hearts first team matches so that should set the record straight there. I won't be at the game this Saturday as would have been delighted to meet you for a pint and teach you a few things about the game! Another time. 

For what it's worth you are the aggressive individual. I come on here to discuss Hearts, the good and the bad. You come on here to troll me and a few others with literally no football input whatsoever. I'll leave others to decide, whether they agree with my opinions or otherwise who is more interested in HMFC.

Notts 1874 is a poster I always pay attention to.  He very often is on the mark with information about signings etc.

He also seems to share my view that Hearts supporters should support the club not tear it to bits .

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Notts 1874 is a poster I always pay attention to.  He very often is on the mark with information about signings etc.

He also seems to share my view that Hearts supporters should support the club not tear it to bits .

Agree with all of that. Especially the desire to tear the club to bits part. It’s odd.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Funny how people see things differently. Hendricks comes across as a real honest Hearts man, who cares deeply for his team, sorry, don’t see that as tearing it to bits.

Just tells it like it is, top poster for me, knows his stuff and is bang on about Hearts football wise.

Archived