Genuine question : are Leveins days numbered?

gavinderbayne

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yes they did. Jordan, Clark, JJ, Levein, Robertson, all divided opinion. Even Burley was openly criticised on here... Valdas, Csaba... all divided opinions... Paulo Sergio... To make out this is unique to Levein is extremely churlish. I can’t think of one manager in our history that didn’t divide opinion. Maybe Doddie, but I was pretty young at the time and there was no online platform for these sort of empty-vessel echo chamber campaigns to gather momentum, so he may have been too.

"Burley"??????   

:stupid_post:

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
scott herbertson
1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Safe, regardless of the eight games before the cup tie?  If he loses these eight games, you think he will still get the cup tie?

In the unlikely event event he lost them all, I concede that he would be under pressure earlier.

the cup tie is so defining for the season though (financially , morale as well as local prestige) that I think that could truly be described as a make or break game

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

In the unlikely event event he lost them all, I concede that he would be under pressure earlier.

the cup tie is so defining for the season though (financially , morale as well as local prestige) that I think that could truly be described as a make or break gam

It cannot be described in any other way Scott

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Why would any Hearts fans be disappointed if Levein was getting results???  That is plain stupid!

Said to you before do Not engage me on any points I have zero interest in your and others inexplicable hatred of Craig Levein now that is stupidity.

I think we'll get enough results that there won't be a crisis.  And the club have put such faith in Levein that it would take a truly terrible run of results for them to bin him.  They allowed him to keep on his choice of Cathro and MacPhee to the start of this season after their horrific run last year.

I would clear him and his coaching staff out but don't think the club have any appetite for that.

3 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Said to you before do Not engage me on any points I have zero interest in your and others inexplicable hatred of Craig Levein now that is stupidity.

Yeah...you always say that when you can't come up with a valid reply to anybody questioning your inane rants!

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

"Burley"??????   

Yep. Accusations about him flashing his ankles at Rangers and insinuations about his personal life and the condition he turned up at training in. It was all talked about on here at the time. Not sure if those threads survived the upgrade to the new Kickback. 

Thanks for calling me stupid though, I guess that’s allowed in the forum rules.

28 minutes ago, Independence said:

It’s new players we need not a new manager!!!!!!! Give the man a chance!!!!

If someone external had come in when CL did I'd agree with you and give him time but the fact CL has been involved in the 49 player turnover over the last 3 windows (with the majority of them being single fish), appointing old pals as our coaches, giving out 3 year contracts to 3 complete duds (we all know who and that has cost us ££££) and spends mon/tues & wed away from the first team he cannot escape a huge part of the blame for the mess we are in on the field just now.  Half the current first team are international players, I'm not saying we have a good squad but a blind man can see the tactics are horrendous. I sat at 3 games on the trot at Murrayfield watching us lump aimless punts towards Laff (with Isma 50 yds away) out on the left wing just over the halfway line thinking wtf is this supposed to be achieving.  CL is a caveman and has not moved with the times, no danger he will take us forward.  

Ann Budge got a real fright when she saw the hostility towards Cathro in the game against Dunfermline. Perhaps if she sat in the Wheatfield more often Levein would be gone. Anger is already in the stands and very soon Ann will have to act as this shambles needs to end.

14 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Results are what matter regardless who is in charge and Craig Levein Will get them as much as that disappoints a number of posters on here.

Firstly your comment about posters not wanting Hearts to get results is just plain stupid. People want Hearts to be successful they just aren't sycophantic pussies scared to say it exactly like it is. Whilst the rot had started well before, 2017 has been a complete disgrace footballing wise.

In terms of results, oh will he indeed. 10 games in he's managed to scrape 3 wins!!!  12 points from 30 available, only 10 goals scored and a minus 2 goal difference. Results: "Craig Levein will get them". Sure he will. His managerial career is dust and has been on a downward trajectory for more than a decade. He's lost all the passion and drive that made him such an imposing character and brought him a degree of success with us first time around. In short we won't go anywhere with Levein in charge but yesterday's draw certainly makes the next couple of months interesting. Some nothing matches in another shitey league campaign frankly will mean very little compared to the cup game in January. Win that and he certainly buys himself time, lose it and he's a deader duck than Cathro before him.

More than capable odd that when asked three separate questions each a different topic All were ducked.Stick to your glazing at least it's a subject like your hatreds you're  decent at.

scott herbertson

Some people were also annoyed with Burley’s  team selection for the Livingston League Cup game we lost. Mind you Four days later we were beating Rangers so tha was quickly forgotten 

Yep. Accusations about him flashing his heels at Rangers and insinuations about his personal life and the condition he turned up at training in. It was all talked about on here at the time. Not sure if those threads survived the upgrade to the new Kickback. 

Its a bit more original than deluded which seems to be the calling card of the Levein out campaign group.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Its a bit more original than deluded which seems to be the calling card of the Levein out campaign group.

True. Or “head in the sand”... zzzzzz

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yep. Accusations about him flashing his ankles at Rangers and insinuations about his personal life and the condition he turned up at training in. It was all talked about on here at the time. Not sure if those threads survived the upgrade to the new Kickback. 

Do what you normally do try and get him an infraction

7 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Rumours over alleged antics off the pitch is entirely different to a massive section of our support wanting a manager emptied because of his eye bleeding, unsuccessful football philosophy!

I can't remember many complaints on here over the way Burley had us playing football.

PS suggest you cut out the derisory 'laughing boy' stuff and we can both cut out the petty stuff.  :thumbsup:

Just now, sairyinthat said:

Speaking as someone who’s just returned from a suspension, I’ll call bullshit on that one. I’m not forcing him to call people “stupid”, that’s entirely up to him.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Rumours over alleged antics off the pitch is entirely different to a massive section of our support wanting a manager emptied because of his eye bleeding, unsuccessful football philosophy!

I can't remember many complaints on here over the way Burley had us playing football.

Ah right... so it’s only when they divide opinion and you don’t like them? Cheers.

9 minutes ago, Coco said:

I think we'll get enough results that there won't be a crisis.  And the club have put such faith in Levein that it would take a truly terrible run of results for them to bin him.  They allowed him to keep on his choice of Cathro and MacPhee to the start of this season after their horrific run last year.

I would clear him and his coaching staff out but don't think the club have any appetite for that.

Time will tell but he faces the biggest match of his Hearts managerial career in the cup game. Lose that and wait and see how many empty seats there are for the Motherwell home game on 27th January. At the end of the day Budge needs bums on seats an whilst she has received the ST money this season walk ups and next seasons increased capacity need taken into account. For me they will be under massive pressure should we not get through the cup tie, however it is achieved. There will still be those who back him but the worm will very much have turned. Absolute must win game for him.

5 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

There you go - go for the double!  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Almost a full house now chaps. Just one more needs to pop along.

Yours

A Ned.

And I quote :rofl:

"Some people really need to find other things to do during the day to keep themselves busy".

"Some people really need to find other things to do during the day to keep themselves busy"

"Some people really need to find other things to do during the day to keep themselves busy".

"Some people really need to find other things to do during the day to keep themselves busy"

Just now, Hendricks said:

And I quote :rofl:

If you would like to tell me how many posts I have made today that would be just super.

Still not meeting for a pint before the game on Saturday that I kindly offered? Very rude to not even reply.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would say if the turgid football continues after the window then his days should be numbered as not many fans would suffer what we are now witnessing long term. If we are at least winning playing ugly it isn't so difficult to stomach but playing like we are and not winning will see large crowds drift away. He has to produce soon certainly.

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Ah right... so it’s only when they divide opinion and you don’t like them? Cheers.

Not sure if you are intentionally missing the point.

The Hearts support is massively divided over Levein's football strategy for our Club - some really don't like it - some do.  This is causing a very unhealthy atmosphere, over and above normal differing opinions on past Managers.

Hope that's clear.

19 minutes ago, Coco said:

What are we on just now if not a "terrible run of results"?

20 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

What were you saying..........:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

If you would like to tell me how many posts I have made today that would be just super.

Still not meeting for a pint before the game on Saturday that I kindly offered? Very rude to not even reply.

I have no idea how many posts you have made. The content of them is as usual a complete waste of time though. Trolling the board looking for bites with no opinion on anything related to the topics being discussed. If you disagree with whats being said fair enough, slagging the poster because of their viewpoint without offering one of your own is well.......

I appreciate the offer, maybe another time  :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Firstly your comment about posters not wanting Hearts to get results is just plain stupid. People want Hearts to be successful they just aren't sycophantic pussies scared to say it exactly like it is. Whilst the rot had started well before, 2017 has been a complete disgrace footballing wise.

In terms of results, oh will he indeed. 10 games in he's managed to scrape 3 wins!!!  12 points from 30 available, only 10 goals scored and a minus 2 goal difference. Results: "Craig Levein will get them". Sure he will. His managerial career is dust and has been on a downward trajectory for more than a decade. He's lost all the passion and drive that made him such an imposing character and brought him a degree of success with us first time around. In short we won't go anywhere with Levein in charge but yesterday's draw certainly makes the next couple of months interesting. Some nothing matches in another shitey league campaign frankly will mean very little compared to the cup game in January. Win that and he certainly buys himself time, lose it and he's a deader duck than Cathro before him.

And in comes the first of the attack dogs.Not interested in You're hatreds chief

31 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Results are what matter regardless who is in charge and Craig Levein Will get them 

Based on What?

I wouldn't think so. 

There seems to be too much ambiguity about the DoF role and his oversight of first team affairs. I think the press where very keen to push a 'Levein is picking the team' narrative which implies that he was also picking the players that were signed. I don't believe this is the case, did he discuss things with Neilson and Cathro? 100% but I believe that they were given autonomy to conduct first team affairs as they saw fit with advise given when requested. 

Therefore, I think Levein deserves January to try and fix the mess he's been left with. I genuinely think he put too much trust in both Neilson and Cathro to sign the sorts of players required. The ridiculously high turnover of staff (IMO) should highlight their inexperience in managing players. They signed players they thought they needed and got rid of players they thought they didn't need - Who gets rid of crucial first team players without back ups ready to sign/have already signed? - rookies!

We have the foundations of a good team. Isma and Lafferty are goal scoring strikers. Berra is a 'true' captain and McLaughlin seems a solid enough keeper. Sorting out the midfield in January will make us a completely different team going into Feb. (Just lets hope its not Cathro's version of different :sick:)  

47 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Only stupid people think Levein will take us forward, I will be right again, he's done.

Forget January windows, we only need this we only need that, it's all bullshit he needs to go.

I rest my case re my first point. 

Just now, Thomaso said:

Not sure if you are intentionally missing the point.

The Hearts support is massively divided over Levein's football strategy for our Club - some really don't like it - some do.  This is causing a very unhealthy atmosphere, over and above normal differing opinions on past Managers.

Hope that's clear.

It was the same with Jordan, Jefferies, Csaba, Robbo, Sergio etc, their “football strategies” all divided opinions. I actually think you just dislike the current incumbent so much, you are blinded to this fact.

Also, this unhealthy atmosphere you speak of goes back to before Levein’s return. Gary Locke? Billy Brown? McGlynn? If we started launching managers because they divide opinions and it causes an unhealthy atmosphere, then this place will be picking the team each week and we will be in League 2 in no time.

You clearly just block out the negativity when it is directed at a manager who you like. Either that or you live in a bubble.

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What are we on just now if not a "terrible run of results"?

It is a terrible run of results, but we are ****ed if we start sacking managers after three losses and a draw. Even through your hatred of Levein you must be able to see that?

Mir is a terrible run of results, but we are ****ed if we start sacking managers after three losses and a draw. Even through your hatred of Levein you must be able to see that?

4 games? We have been horrendous all his games 1hr v Aberdeen apart.

His football will drive fans away, we can't afford that.

Just now, Gambo said:

4 games? We have been horrendous all his games 1hr v Aberdeen apart.

His football will drive fans away, we can'

So not a run of results then? A run of your perception of his team’s performances?

4 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

And in comes the first of the attack dogs.Not interested in You're hatreds chief

Lol. Great response. :rofl:

"Levein will get results". 3 wins in 10 and only 10 goals scored. No justification whatsoever for such a comment, gets called out gets all defensive. 

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

If he can’t beat Hibs in either of the two up coming games he will be gone. 

I don't really understand that argument.

If he is that bad that it comes down to games v 1 club then does that not say he is bad and needs to go.

So not a run of results then? A run of your perception of his team’s performances?

What is your perception of our performances?

3 wins out of 10 is a terrible return.

Just now, Hendricks said:

Lol. Great response. :rofl:

"Levein will get results". 3 wins in 10 and only 10 goals scored. No justification whatsoever for such a comment, gets called out gets all defensive. 

I would say he deserves longer than two weeks of a summer transfer window to build his own team. As has been pointed out before, he was not the man who picked Cathro and Robbie’s signings for them.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I don't really understand that argument.

If he is that bad that it comes down to games v 1 club then does that not say he is bad and needs to go.

Its a valid point you are making but, and I think you also know this yourself, there needs to be a 'moment' where the catalyst for change becomes self evident. It should of course have come a lot earlier for Cathro but everyone knew after the Dunfermline match he was done. For Levein a significant amount of people will think the same IF he loses the cup game to Hibs. Budge will be well aware of this as will Levein himself. Some say its overboard to suggest his Hearts career is over if he loses that cup tie but there will be no coming back from it for him even if he sees out the rest of the league campaign.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

What is your perception of our performances?

3 wins out of 10 is a terrible return.

Varied so far. Up and down really. I will give him time to build his own team though. Was extremely disappointed n our performances v hibs and Rangers. Thought we were good against St Johnstone and Aberdeen. Shite v Partick first time around, decent v County. Second time v Partick he made an absolute clanger by bringing off our two best players at the same time. As i said, I’m not convinced either way yet, but I’ll have a better idea after he gets a chance to bring in his own players.

1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

Football doesn't really work like that though does it but I'll play along. 

Hamilton and Ross county (beaten both away already this season) 

Motherwell (narrow loss away) 

Dundee (should have won, more than enough chances) 

Celtic (you are indeed correct here but that's the same for everyone) 

St Johnstone (beaten them already and they looked worse than us at murrayfield) 

Hibs (obviously I'm not looking forward to that) 

Aberdeen (probably won't beat them as things stand) 

Hamilton and Ross Co have settled and are playing much better than when we played them previously.  If truth be told Hamilton were a bit unlucky to lose against us and Coyle has improved County.

Motherwell we were well beaten at Fir Park and although they have had a wee blip they seem to be back on track again.

Dundee are the only team that we might think we can beat.

Celtic no comment.

St Johnstone they beat Hibs at Easter Rd and have improved since we last played them when they were on a bad run.

Hibs no comment

Aberdeen agree with you.

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

He’s only just started, so no (although if you are picky everyone’s days are numbered)

There is is a clear milestone coming up in the Hibs cup game. Lose that then yes, I would say the peg his jacket is on will be wobbly to say the least. Before then I think he’s fairly safe. 

A factor to be consider given his contract length is it will cost a fortune if you want himout of the club altogether 

To my mind, the games we should be winning are a better gauge of progress. The cup game will get a lot of attention but defeat would not be hugely surprising even if Hearts play well.

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Varied so far. Up and down really. I will give him time to build his own team though. Was extremely disappointed n our performances v hibs and Rangers. Thought we were good against St Johnstone and Aberdeen. Shite v Partick first time around, decent v County. Second time v Partick he made an absolute clanger by bringing off our two best players at the same time. As i said, I’m not convinced either way yet, but I’ll have a better idea after he gets a chance to bring in his own players.

Your idea of good/decent differs from mine and a lot of others.

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I would say he deserves longer than two weeks of a summer transfer window to build his own team. As has been pointed out before, he was not the man who picked Cathro and Robbie’s signings for them.

He deserves **** all. If he wanted the job he should have been in the dugout and not Cathro in the first place. He (and the board) then fannied about throughout the window even though it was obvious to all and sundry how short of quality we were. He deserves absolutely no sympathy for the state of the squad. He oversaw countless appalling signings and at best allowed them to happen. If he was showing even a degree of hunger for the role he might get some leeway but the fact is Levein's managerial career has been and gone, the guy isn't interested in a day to day training ground role. Which we most definitely require. There will be no team "built" under his watch.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I am happy to give him more time. I know he has it in him to turn things round (although not convinced his heart is in it).  At this stage however it may as well be Ian Cathro in charge as that is how awful we are.

Nope, hard to see but we have improved since the LC debacle, where we lost, lost to Peterhead.

We've won as many away games as the whole of last season ( beaten more teams) already.

We need to improve further, of course.

If we pick up 3/4 wins in the home run then we hit saints/ Celtic/ hibs/ Aberdeen confident.

Do that and continue to improve he'll be hear until the summer.

No Hearts manager is getting sacked if sitting 5th or above, particularly given the start we had and the mess Cathro left.

I think there will be a change In the summer, but if anything has to be learned from last season changing everything in January can make things allot worse, we do not need that.

Cl has been tasked to steady us after Cathro. We can then hand over to someone with the club in a decent way on the pitch.

Archived