Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

The draw for the 4th round of the Scottish Cup will take place today at 16:45.

All 12 Premiership sides entering the competition.

Celtic, as is tradition.....?

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs will get Auchenshoogle Rovers at home and we will get Celtic, Huns or Aberdeen away. It is getting boring.

letsalldothebeattie

Said before I would take any of the league 1/2 or non league sides left in the competition at home and get us through but I can see us being drawn against Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs or Rangers away. I hope I’m wrong and we get an easier home game 

Say What Again
Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Hibs at ER. 

If we get Hibs at ER that gives me plenty time to make arrangements to move to another country :lol:

53 minutes ago, Statto said:

DPAcQSUXUAAjZuL.jpg

Original Moments or Unforgettable Memories for me.

At home.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A trip to the Highlands. Elgin Peterhead and Formartine for the 20s already.  Brora next?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Anyone  from top two leagues away from home and we will struggle. Home tie is our best hope.

Our away form is staggeringly better than home 

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Celtic v Heart of Midlothian

Hibs v Formartine Utd

Wouldn't surprise me along with Sevco getting home tie

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Wouldn't surprise me along with Sevco getting home tie

Och, Rangers never get home ties :rolleyes: 

Just now, Gambo said:

They are reserved for Hibs.

Probably right actually.

But, wouldn’t it be wonderful if they did get them and Formartine emptied them at Easter Road?

Thing is, because our league campaign is down the shitter and we were embarrassingly papped out the LC, a good run in the Scottish Cup would buy Levein some time and bring some positivity. 

We really need a couple of nice draws in the 4th and 5th rounds. 

In England, they do the draw on Monday evening before a televised match (normally a non-league v league match in the early rounds).  It's all after most people have finished work.

What's the logic for us doing the draw on a Monday at 4:45pm when all cup matches were on Saturday?

7 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

In England, they do the draw on Monday evening before a televised match (normally a non-league v league match in the early rounds).  It's all after most people have finished work.

What's the logic for us doing the draw on a Monday at 4:45pm when all cup matches were on Saturday?

Logic and Scottish football don't go together

Just now, milky_26 said:

Logic and Scottish football don't go together

Possibly trying to minimise the audience and interest in the draw in case they mess it up again...

38 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Bring on the hibs at tynie. Be good to pump them twice in 30 days

Not seen us play recently type post

We'll get an 'easy' team (L1/2 or non league) at home then get put out away to Motherwell in R5.

Hibs will get a top championship club in R4 then get the easiest draw for the rest of the competition until they get papped out in the semis.

letsalldothebeattie
36 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Considering the second & third round ties were drawn an hour after full time of the first & second rounds. 

The SFA have no logic when it comes to this. That’s why we need change at the top in the game up here 

I'm not confident Hearts will beat anyone in that draw. If we did get one of the non league sides we'd end up playing a very weak side - bareing in mind how weak our first team is this doesn't fill me with any confidence.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Celtic v Heart of Midlothian

Hibs v Formartine Utd

Absolute nap.

Romanov Stole My Pension

In the cup I'm always hoping for an interesting away tie.

Morton v HMFC please.

Please not Motherwell away. I hate Fir Park. How many times did we play there the season that Gretna were up? I seem to remember cup ties, and possibly that season was the semi final against St Mirren at Fir Park too.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Stanley_ said:

Fewer witnesses

Lucille's Thirsty

Over the last few years since we won the SC. We never seem to get a run in the competition we seem to always get a tough draw straight out the bat.

It’s never a Lower League side, lower league side then a top league side.

To be honest people are saying about Hibs getting easy draws and, fair enough, they do sometimes, but they've also drawn us in the Fifth Round in the last two seasons?

For what's it worth, I want the easiest team at home, I want to get back to Hampden this season. We can worry about playing Hibs there if it comes to it, although we don't usually need to worry about playing them at that place :whistling: 

At the moment we'd be a great draw for a smaller team.

Almost guaranteed a good crowd and every chance they'd give us a game !

Archived