Ross County Dot Count

Footballfirst

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

I kind of get why there isn't a section I but why no U?

Because there is a section V I would think. 

3 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I watched their game on Alba last week.There was a few hundred in the South stand  and empty seats everywhere in the East stand and Famous Five.I could not take in the main Stand.Their figures are massaged to put one over on us.Be in no doubt.

Exactly - looks like Hibs report the number of tickets sold as the attendance, not actual bums on seats. Even hibs.net confirm that from their own dot count threads - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?326049-St-Johnstone-Dot-Count/page6

"There was nowhere near 17,000 actually in the stadium today. The East and FF Lower had thousands of empty seats between them."

"I’m in West Upper and I’m afraid there were a lot of empty seats in the East. Quite a few in FF lower. More than I’ve seen in recent games. On the plus side FF Upper looked almost full. Sad but true and almost makes the dot counts irrelevant to a degree because they only confirm number of seats sold, not what will be actual bums on seats. Clearly ST holders who are not there every game are the cause. It’s the way it goes."

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

I kind of get why there isn't a section I but why no U?

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Because there is a section V I would think. 

There is no Section "O" either

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Exactly - looks like Hibs report the number of tickets sold as the attendance, not actual bums on seats. Even hibs.net confirm that from their own dot count threads - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?326049-St-Johnstone-Dot-Count/page6

"There was nowhere near 17,000 actually in the stadium today. The East and FF Lower had thousands of empty seats between them."

"I’m in West Upper and I’m afraid there were a lot of empty seats in the East. Quite a few in FF lower. More than I’ve seen in recent games. On the plus side FF Upper looked almost full. Sad but true and almost makes the dot counts irrelevant to a degree because they only confirm number of seats sold, not what will be actual bums on seats. Clearly ST holders who are not there every game are the cause. It’s the way it goes."

I think that its more imaginative massaging than that.Tynie has its fair share of non attending STs but there was an awful lot of empty seats at ER.The game is probably still available on Catch up and folk can make up their own minds if they can be bothered.As a club they are clearly seeing us as someone to beat in all aspects.I am not sure that our club has woken up to this.

Our  figure of 16999 tells me something. 

6 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I think that its more imaginative massaging than that.Tynie has its fair share of non attending STs but there was an awful lot of empty seats at ER.The game is probably still available on Catch up and folk can make up their own minds if they can be bothered.As a club they are clearly seeing us as someone to beat in all aspects.I am not sure that our club has woken up to this.

What surprises me at Easter road and Tynecastle is the amount of Season ticket holders who do not turn up.......   Must be 1000 plus

1 minute ago, hueyview said:

What surprises me at Easter road and Tynecastle is the amount of Season ticket holders who do not turn up.......   Must be 1000 plus

Doubt we had over 1000 STs not turn up last Sunday. We've only played one game at Tynecastle this season and the game was in doubt the entire week.

50 minutes ago, kila said:

That explains the ST holders not turning up on the day.

However I believe they have something in the region of 13000 ST holders. If that is the case it means they are claiming almost 4000 walk up sales.

It seems odd that so many people who dont have to pay on the day dont bother turning up yet thousands of fans who have to part with money do turn up.

Very strange situation imo

21 minutes ago, kila said:

Doubt we had over 1000 STs not turn up last Sunday. We've only played one game at Tynecastle this season and the game was in doubt the entire week.

Last weekend I was not at Tynecastle,  but some of the games earlier in the season, folk mentioned on this forum seats being empty which were obviously sold/taken.  This is more clear at Easter road, stands to be fair.

Not a bad thing as the money gets to the club. Its still nice to see full up stands...

25 minutes ago, kila said:

Correct ! Most of the empty seats in the Main/Gorgie stand were unsold hospitality seats. Hardly surprising that people weren't going to part with money for expensive hospitality packages when  the game was in doubt. 

On 22/11/2017 at 19:00, Lambo85 said:

It was only a matter of time before our attendances started to drop.

We have been absolutely dire on the park for almost a year now.

Except there is no evidence our attendances are starting to drop , is there ? 

1 short of 17k at home to Partick is above par by any statistic 

Yet again no ticket sales at the ground from 1pm, no tickets for away fans either.

That's how you get fans in!!!

2 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

The Shite probably went out and bought four or five £25 kids ST each and now can't give them away, in a pathetic attempt to be the "Big Team".

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Yet again no ticket sales at the ground from 1pm, no tickets for away fans either.

I'm not normally one to criticise the club but that is a poor way to run a business. 

I appreciate there are difficulties because of where the ticket office is located at present but it should be possible to set up a kiosk outside the ground to sell to latecomers.

Are people expected to hang around for over two hours after purchasing a ticket.

This needs sorted as it looks as if the club is not interested in increasing sales. Poor customer service and hard to believe Mrs Budge is OK with that.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

The Shite probably went out and bought four or five £25 kids ST each and now can't give them away, in a pathetic attempt to be the "Big Team".

Watching Edinburgh games since 1970s...  Having 16,000 plus at each home game is excellent.

Bee to New year derbies with less....

7 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Watching Edinburgh games since 1970s...  Having 16,000 plus at each home game is excellent.

Bee to New year derbies with less....

I know, I've been going to Tynecastle since the begining of 1972.

Apert from Hearts being crap, the violence didn''t help the Derby attendences from the mid 70s onwards.

16K is decent at both grounds, guys, but most of the sub-16K attendances have been at ER, and not that long ago either. Quite common for years to go to ER and the home ends half empty.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm not normally one to criticise the club but that is a poor way to run a business. 

I appreciate there are difficulties because of where the ticket office is located at present but it should be possible to set up a kiosk outside the ground to sell to latecomers.

Are people expected to hang around for over two hours after purchasing a ticket.

This needs sorted as it looks as if the club is not interested in increasing sales. Poor customer service and hard to believe Mrs Budge is OK with that.

Isn't that what pubs are for? :pleased:

31 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Maybe we are skint and can't afford the wages/OT

Elias Henry Furst

People can attempt to dress it up all they like...

That the Rugby is on and that we used to get sub 10k crowds regularly is irrelevant.

The fact is to not sell out on our return to Tynecastle last week and then follow that up with a lesser crowd the week after (Saturday 3pm) is concerning.

Attendances are on the slide and it’s a direct consequence of what the first team have been producing.

Had it not been for the New Stand would we be looking at 14k?

4 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

People can attempt to dress it up all they like...

That the Rugby is on and that we used to get sub 10k crowds regularly is irrelevant.

The fact is to not sell out on our return to Tynecastle last week and then follow that up with a lesser crowd the week after (Saturday 3pm) is concerning.

Attendances are on the slide and it’s a direct consequence of what the first team have been producing.

Had it not been for the New Stand would we be looking at 14k?

No...probably 15/15 and  a half. My pants are still dry in this respect.

Elias Henry Furst
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

No...probably 15/15 and  a half. My pants are still dry in this respect.

As are mine.

The club will have been expecting sell outs however and they’ll be caring more about it than you appear to.

2 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

As are mine.

The club will have been expecting sell outs however and they’ll be caring more about it than you appear to.

Away, man. You think the club would have been expecting sell outs at your average Ross Co fixture ?

Don't think so. Maybe more than what will be there but not filling the place.

3 hours ago, hueyview said:

As mentioned, Hibs apparently have hundreds of under 12's £25 season tickets in the Famous Five lower bought by adults because it gives you priority for away games regardless of the fact the holder is not under 12.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

We ended up with a cash gate last week. It could be the same again this week.

3 hours ago, kila said:

Average 1,000 unused season ticket seats every home game. Sometimes more eg Celtic. Just phone ticket office and ask if you don’t believe me. 

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We ended up with a cash gate last week. It could be the same again this week.

Wasn't aware of that. Was it at Wheatfield ?

Elias Henry Furst
20 minutes ago, Boab said:

Away, man. You think the club would have been expecting sell outs at your average Ross Co fixture ?

Don't think so. Maybe more than what will be there but not filling the place.

Read Mrs Budge’s comments re the New stand build. 

To paraphrase ‘why wouldn’t the Hearts fans want to fill Tynecastle when there’s a new stand here?’

And yes, given that, I fully expect the board thought we'd sell out last week and be able to replicate the same for the first Sat 3pm game.

1 minute ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Read Mrs Budge’s comments re the New stand build. 

To paraphrase ‘why wouldn’t the Hearts fans want to fill Tynecastle when there’s a new stand here?’

And yes, given that, I fully expect the board thought we'd sell out last week and be able to replicate the same for the first Sat 3pm game.

Well she's dreaming if she thinks it would be full, new stand or not !

The specifics of last week negate a sell out argument in my opinion. The way we're playing at the minute will dictate how many walk ups there are.

Again, only my opinion, but if we can pick up points, most Cat B game will be up towards 17 and a half/18. Full Roseburn for Cat As and you're talking 19+. 

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

Except there is no evidence our attendances are starting to drop , is there ? 

1 short of 17k at home to Partick is above par by any statistic 

There was no chance there was 17k at the game last weekend. There were massive gaps in the new stand and the Roseburn. Maybe 17k sold but certainly not 17k in attendance.

Game would have been and should have been a complete sell out if it hadn’t been for the absolute drivel that is being served up on the park.

The new stand is a novelty, which is great, but will soon wear off. And, the promise of youngsters coming thru is also great, but won’t sustain crowds. The fans want results, to beat hibs, to finish above hibs, a good cup run and preferably attacking, entertaining football. Until they start achieving some of these I don’t expect many sell outs.

Footballfirst
29 minutes ago, Boab said:

Wasn't aware of that. Was it at Wheatfield ?

They opened a cash gate at the Gorgie turnstiles.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

They opened a cash gate at the Gorgie turnstiles.

Good news. Hopefully same for Ross Co. game.

I now remember why away games were so enjoyable, win, lose or draw.

Those who travelled were there faithfully and, I didn't have to put up with all the fans who never turned up at Tynecastle!!!

The curse of the www.

32 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

There was no chance there was 17k at the game last weekend. There were massive gaps in the new stand and the Roseburn. Maybe 17k sold but certainly not 17k in attendance.

Game would have been and should have been a complete sell out if it hadn’t been for the absolute drivel that is being served up on the park.

Looked about 17,500 to me at the game so i wasn't far out. 

Elias Henry Furst
11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I now remember why away games were so enjoyable, win, lose or draw.

Those who travelled were there faithfully and, I didn't have to put up with all the fans who never turned up at Tynecastle!!!

The curse of the www.

You should have introduced yourself in Elgin, Peterhead and Dingwall.

You number one fan you??

44 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I thought it looked more and was surprised when only 16,999 was announced.

20 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

You should have introduced yourself in Elgin, Peterhead and Dingwall.

You number one fan you??

Where did I lay claim to being number one fan!  I'm just a fan, who criticises, tears my hair out at times but, cannot abide the sick negativity that is spouted on here from the serial offenders, some with very personal agendas, some of doubtful lineage and some who wouldn't know a hard time if it bit them on their arse!.

I speak from a position where I struggle to get into town because of serious health issues and, I was attending grounds all over this fair country every single week, with every home game being an 160 mile round trip, for 30 years, including a period that was so much worse than you poor pampered, entitled "fans" are going through, so your smart arsed comments just betray your total lack of sensitivity and foot in mouth default position.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Good news. Hopefully same for Ross Co. game.

Having a gate in front of Gorgie end .front door makes sense...  

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

tLooked about 17,500 to me at the game so i wasn't far out. 

I thought the same, was surprised it was below 17k

we won't sell out until we win more games, in that respect nothing has changed. 

What has changed , at least medium term is we won't fall below 14k

3/4 wins in our next games will see Celtic and Hibs sold out before you can say "dry your pants, pet"

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Where did I lay claim to being number one fan!  I'm just a fan, who criticises, tears my hair out at times but, cannot abide the sick negativity that is spouted on here from the serial offenders, some with very personal agendas, some of doubtful lineage and some who wouldn't know a hard time if it bit them on their arse!.

I speak from a position where I struggle to get into town because of serious health issues and, I was attending grounds all over this fair country every single week, with every home game being an 160 mile round trip, for 30 years, including a period that was so much worse than you poor pampered, entitled "fans" are going through, so your smart arsed comments just betray your total lack of sensitivity and foot in mouth default position.

Sorry to hear you can't get along these days Colin.

For those of us who can its a bit season 80/81; with the amount of dross being served up for 90 minutes each week.

3 hours ago, JCR said:

As mentioned, Hibs apparently have hundreds of under 12's £25 season tickets in the Famous Five lower bought by adults because it gives you priority for away games regardless of the fact the holder is not under 12.

Cheers

Knew they varmints were at it,

10 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

We quote actual attendance NOT tickets sold. Why can't some fans get that through their skulls

10 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

You think that there was more than 3000

empty seats ?

As far as I could see the empty seats were all in areas reserved for hospitality.

That raises another question. If not all the hospitality lounges are available yet

why don't they put the extra seats on public sale ? Last week there was people having to buy seats in Roseburn who would have liked to sit in the new stand but couldn't. Which probably means some people might just have decided not to bother.

Again I'm afraid to say poor customer service.

MacDonald Jardine
8 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Sorry to hear you can't get along these days Colin.

For those of us who can its a bit season 80/81; with the amount of dross being served up for 90 minutes each week.

It's nothing like that.

80/81 was the worst season I can remember. 

9 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

It's nothing like that.

80/81 was the worst season I can remember. 

I know I was there home and away.

Its the season though that all shiteness should be compared against, which is why I said a bit.

Less than a goal a game now in the League this season....LOL.

13 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

They should have a vendor, standing out in the plaza if need be, until kick off. 

I think there's something very wrong about not being able to buy a ticket from two hours before kick off.

MacDonald Jardine
5 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

I know I was there home and away.

Its the season though that all shiteness should be compared against, which is why I said a bit.

Less than a goal a game now in the League this season....LOL.

I think We've scored about the same number of goals at Tynecastle this season as we had at the same time in 80/81.

IIRC our first home league goal was in October. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

They should have a vendor, standing out in the plaza if need be, until kick off. 

I think there's something very wrong about not being able to buy a ticket from two hours before kick off.

I'm sure they decided to do a cash gate last minute for the partick game.  Can't see why they can't just do it for every game, open a couple turnstyles. 

Archived