Ross County Dot Count

Footballfirst

Just now, Thomaso said:

I didn't chuck it in the 70's either - unfortunately others did - we were playing in front of 8,000 crowds and less!  

Sometimes a lot less than that mate ?. I think the lowest point was losing at home to East Stirling, only about 2,000 of us that day , very grim . I don’t think our current team is anywhere near as bad as that ......yet 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

You are spot on!  That atmosphere was entirely due to the team getting on the front foot, piling forward, and attacking the Sheep from the get go!

THAT is the answer to promoting a great atmosphere at Tynecastle - not singing sections, safe standing or stupid card displays!

this guy gets it !! :clap:

:spoton:

50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I totally accept your point - but we really should not be having this debate.  3 years down the track from 'Budgement day' we should be playing a brand of football that fans want to see - selling two and a half sections of the Roseburn should be a gimmie - unfortunately right now it's not.

Of course it should, and I agree.

If we don't pick it up onfield, I can see the club giving up the whole Roseburn for Cat As. Financially, hard to argue against, but a pretty dangerous double-edged sword with an already uneasy support.

Don't mess about....announce a two section total for old firm and sheep games keep the support onside.

Captain America

Although the run of games at Tynecastle should be good for us footballing wise ( I emphasise the should) I think it will impact on ticket sales.

Those who just go to home games will more than likely pick and choose which games in this run to attend for number of reasons i.e finances, Childcare etc.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, gerryjambo41 said:

Sometimes a lot less than that mate ?. I think the lowest point was losing at home to East Stirling, only about 2,000 of us that day , very grim . I don’t think our current team is anywhere near as bad as that ......yet 

Agree - my worst game ever

when they came out the tunnel a ripple of laughter went around the sparsely populated terraces, when we saw their team of balding fat semi- pro players 

getting beat by them at home in a  league game was an all time low that I fear would be fatal for a good proportion of the sensitive people on this forum were it to happen today

1 hour ago, gerryjambo41 said:

I was there and I think that was an all time low. 

23 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

Although the run of games at Tynecastle should be good for us footballing wise ( I emphasise the should) I think it will impact on ticket sales.

Those who just go to home games will more than likely pick and choose which games in this run to attend for number of reasons i.e finances, Childcare etc.

Thst’s a good point. 

31 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

Yip.

The Dundee game next month is a good example. Tuesday night, wedged between two Saturday games, Motherwell and Celtic, which will be well attended.

It's not unreasonable to suggest there will be 15K max at that, which is still amazing in Scottish terms. Even 14K would be decent in my opinion.

Simply, the new set up will have capacities...just not all the time.

We are still the envy of most teams in that regard.

Appreciate the work that goes into these "dot counts" but does anybody have a stadium map that shows the location of all these lettered sections?

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Appreciate the work that goes into these "dot counts" but does anybody have a stadium map that shows the location of all these lettered sections?

A is the start of the Wheatfield (looking at it from the pitch A is on the left corner) 

Then just read round from there with Z being the right corner of the Gorgie

6 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

The lowest was under that - already relegated. Last home game v St Mirren in 1982. 1900ish. Only the Main stand open. Horrific times.

6 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

Won 2-0 against East Stirling on the 27th April 1982 at tynecastle in front of 4300 fans in the old division 1, mind you earlier in the season did lose 1-0 to them at tyne on 31st oct 1981 in front of 5093 fans, could never remember us having a crowd of 2000.  

Footballfirst
20 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

16d5b0d95255b899cf77c7def3d87fa2.png

Many thanks.  Exactly what I wanted to see.

So, there are only 12 seats left in the new stand apart from the "Premium" section that still has 62 left.  Any idea of the background to that number?

It was only a matter of time before our attendances started to drop.

We have been absolutely dire on the park for almost a year now.

19 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Many thanks.  Exactly what I wanted to see.

So, there are only 12 seats left in the new stand apart from the "Premium" section that still has 62 left.  Any idea of the background to that number?

Which number? 

There will.should still be plenty empty seats in the new stand as only the directors suite and one other are open for business. 

1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

Keep one for me this Friday.....is the ticket office in the new stand?

No, not yet. Still under the Wheatfield. 

Just now, SUTOL said:

Which number? 

There will.should still be plenty empty seats in the new stand as only the directors suite and one other are open for business. 

No, not yet. Still under the Wheatfield. 

Cheers for that.

north wales jambo

I realise I’m probably being thick here, but how does football first get 16,484 as capacity, when only section m which is for away fans is not counted. Thought capacity was around the 20,000 mark. Thanks for any replies. 

11 minutes ago, north wales jambo said:

I realise I’m probably being thick here, but how does football first get 16,484 as capacity, when only section m which is for away fans is not counted. Thought capacity was around the 20,000 mark. Thanks for any replies. 

Anyone who does a 'dot' count bases that on the number of individual seat dots as shown on the E=ticketing website, and counts the number of dots available to buy. 

That does not include hospitality or wheelchair spaces (and their helpers) or other reserved sections such as players family, directors or other guests etc. 

3 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

The lowest was under that - already relegated. Last home game v St Mirren in 1982. 1900ish. Only the Main stand open. Horrific times.

Jeez...I think I was at that, in the South Enclosure. Was it that game ? Can't have been, sure it was a Cup.

LondonHearts here we come...! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Anyone who does a 'dot' count bases that on the number of individual seat dots as shown on the E=ticketing website, and counts the number of dots available to buy. 

That does not include hospitality or wheelchair spaces (and their helpers) or other reserved sections such as players family, directors or other guests etc. 

Did we count these people last year 

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Did we count these people last year 

Not in the dot count, but obviously they are included in the published attendance.

16,484 does seem well short of 20,000. Do we really use up 3,500 seats for hospitality, wheelchair spaces, players' families, directors and other guests?  

Quite tricky trying to estimate attendance via a dot count.

There are loads of hospitality seats in the main stand which are unavailable on the e tickets site. As was evident in Sunday these were not sold and probably won't be until all the hospitality  lounges are in operation.

I predict 16800 on Saturday.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, north wales jambo said:

A - 22 lost to poor sightlines on the gable wall

D - 24 lost to the tunnel

G - 22 lost to poor sightlines on the gable wall

L - 250 lost due to segregation

M - 758 reserved for away fans

N - 212 lost to poor sightlines on the gable wall and the back row.

P - 240 Big Match hospitality

Q - 156 Executive Hospitality

Central - 87 for players/ coaches, 52 for the media, 107 Directors, 75 Private boxes, 150 Skyline.

R - 80 Private Members hospitality

S - 212 Pals in the Pub hospitality

T - 280 lost to poor sightlines on the gable wall and the back row

X - 422 Gorgie hospitality

All stands - 200 or so wheelchair spaces

Total 3,349 not included in the dot count, because we don't know how many of these places will be taken up.

Footballfirst

I'm sure that the above figures may be out a little, but my calculated total capacity based on eTickets, and photographs of areas not included online is currently19,677 + approx 208 wheelchair/carer spaces (plus 28 in the dugouts if you really want to go that far).

PeterintheRain
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Jeez...I think I was at that, in the South Enclosure. Was it that game ? Can't have been, sure it was a Cup.

LondonHearts here we come...! 

Season 1980-81 and the crowd was 2,649.    According to LondonHearts we had larger crowds at both home games against the hooped daemons than for  their lice infested terrorist rallies in shite city. 17,169 & 14,596 v 14,070 & 13,228. TGFITW of course.  Also the last home game against rangers(died2012)  was 11,500 the last away match saw 9770 swamp ipox.  That's in a season where we won 6 games and they were 1st and 3rd.   Which begs the obvious question as to how many people would turn up to watch either of the gruesomes if they went 10 years without winning a title, never mind 30,40,50,100 years? 

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

How do the back rows of N & T have poor sightlines?  Shouldn't they have the same view as the penultimate row?

I don't know, but they weren't made available when STs were on sale, nor have I seen them released for the current crop of home matches.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't know, but they weren't made available when STs were on sale, nor have I seen them released for the current crop of home matches.

Perhaps someone can take a stroll up and have a look on Saturday? ?

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Perhaps someone can take a stroll up and have a look on Saturday? ?

I've no doubt that there will be a few people sitting in some of the excluded seats.  There were maybe 20 or more sitting in the wing section of N and maybe the same again in the wing section of T on Saturday past. Whether or not they bought seats there or simply moved to get more space, I don't know.  from the photos it looks like some in N wanted to stand (in the back row) so may have moved there deliberately.

9fTxcba.jpg

Pj8Rhl5.jpg

AlphonseCapone
On 22/11/2017 at 13:17, C-3PO said:

Even as a season ticket holder I am struggling for a couple just because normally you can plan things around games we are away normally but not this year. December is a ridiculously busy time of the year for folk in general.

Captain America
6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Even as a season ticket holder I am struggling for a couple just because normally you can plan things around games we are away normally but not this year. December is a ridiculously busy time of the year for folk in general.

Im the same.

Missing this weekend, Motherwell and possibly Dundee they way things have fallen.

scott herbertson

ST holder and will not see a game until after 4December . My brother took my ticket for the Partick game but he’s in Germany this weekend so it will probably be empty

On 22/11/2017 at 21:55, Footballfirst said:

A - 22 lost to poor sightlines on the gable wall

D - 24 lost to the tunnel

G - 22 lost to poor sightlines on the gable wall

L - 250 lost due to segregation

M - 758 reserved for away fans

N - 212 lost to poor sightlines on the gable wall and the back row.

P - 240 Big Match hospitality

Q - 156 Executive Hospitality

Central - 87 for players/ coaches, 52 for the media, 107 Directors, 75 Private boxes, 150 Skyline.

R - 80 Private Members hospitality

S - 212 Pals in the Pub hospitality

T - 280 lost to poor sightlines on the gable wall and the back row

X - 422 Gorgie hospitality

All stands - 200 or so wheelchair spaces

Total 3,349 not included in the dot count, because we don't know how many of these places will be taken up.

Are there any plans to improve sightlines at the School End of the Main Stand? It's bizarre including 212 seats that can't even see the penalty area.

3 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Are there any plans to improve sightlines at the School End of the Main Stand? It's bizarre including 212 seats that can't even see the penalty area.

That’s because they’ve been in the pub I assume. 

5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Looking like lowest gate for a while, I'm sure FF will confirm figures later

Deservedly so. If we lose to Hibs in January we might soon be at 12,000.

On 11/22/2017 at 21:49, luckydug said:

Quite tricky trying to estimate attendance via a dot count.

There are loads of hospitality seats in the main stand which are unavailable on the e tickets site. As was evident in Sunday these were not sold and probably won't be until all the hospitality  lounges are in operation.

I predict 16800 on Saturday.

A bit optimistic I think when you consider we didn't have that many for the first game with the new stand. There is the rugby on at 2.30pm which I am sure a lot will be tempted to stay at home and watch especially with the weather so cold and of course it's getting closer to Xmas. 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

A bit optimistic I think when you consider we didn't have that many for the first game with the new stand. There is the rugby on at 2.30pm which I am sure a lot will be tempted to stay at home and watch especially with the weather so cold and of course it's getting closer to Xmas. 

We had ONE PERSON short of 17k last week. The doubt over the game taking place had an impact on the crowd especially the hospitality sales.

When did 17k become a poor crowd ?

54 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Looking like lowest gate for a while, I'm sure FF will confirm figures later

Are Scotland not playing Australia at Murrayfield at the same time?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, neiljb said:

Are Scotland not playing Australia at Murrayfield at the same time?

The Scotland game kicks off at 2.30pm, so anyone looking to find a place to park is going to find it difficult.

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We had ONE PERSON short of 17k last week. The doubt over the game taking place had an impact on the crowd especially the hospitality sales.

When did 17k become a poor crowd ?

Who said it was a poor crowd?  I certainly didn't I was suggesting that it would be less than your estimate that's all. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fail to reach 17k Hibs will be laughing. Are we going to fall behind Hibs for crowds?

Footballfirst

Latest count. -  103 sold since the last one with an estimated 14,319 sold.  Based on last week's final attendance, compared to the dot count, we would be looking at around 15,500 at the moment.  I'd expect hospitality sales to be better this week and we still have over 20 hours until kick off, so 16,000 should be achievable.

G2lPZxT.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fail to reach 17k Hibs will be laughing. Are we going to fall behind Hibs for crowds?

I watched their game on Alba last week.There was a few hundred in the South stand  and empty seats everywhere in the East stand and Famous Five.I could not take in the main Stand.Their figures are massaged to put one over on us.Be in no doubt.

Archived