Billy Davies was right

Sten Guns

Billy Davies may well be an unsavoury, unlikeable welt. He may well not have been the man for us. But that’s completely irrelevant. He was right. Our structure is quite clearly brutal. It needs an overhaul. The sooner the better. Your opinion of him, no matter how low, shouldn’t blinker you from the truth. It’s blindingly obvious.

His quote in full;

“I spoke to Hearts, looked at their structure and gave them a clear plan on how to alter it to improve the club.

“It appears they are not ready to make the internal changes required to achieve greater success.

“It seems to me they just want to change the figure head.

“It’s my belief just changing the manager will not achieve what’s required for success.”

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Section G The Place To Be
1 minute ago, Sten Guns said:

Billy Davies may well be an unsavoury, unlikeable welt. He may well not have been the man for us. But that’s completely irrelevant. He was right. Our structure is quite clearly brutal. It needs an overhaul. The sooner the better. Your opinion of him, no matter how low, shouldn’t blinker you from the truth. It’s blindingly obvious.

His quote in full;

“I spoke to Hearts, looked at their structure and gave them a clear plan on how to alter it to improve the club.

“It appears they are not ready to make the internal changes required to achieve greater success.

“It’s my belief just changing the manager will not achieve what’s required for success.”

I took from his interview he wouldn’t work with Levein and Levein needed to go in order for us to progress. 

As as you said forget who has said it. Doesn’t matter if you like or hate BD he is proving to have been right. 

Just now, jambo19 said:

Who is the great Billy Davies currently managing ? 

Already missing the point. 

You keep those lovely maroon blinkers on though pal. 

Billy Davies was spot on with his comments. Levein is a stumbling block to our progress. He will never win us a trophy because he is not bold, brave or clever enough as a manager.

Billy Davis is a prick and I would rather be in the bottom six with Levein in charge than that rat face ****er. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Billy Davis is a prick and I would rather be in the bottom six with Levein in charge than that rat face ****er. 

Who said he should be manager like? 

:lol:

The point is the problem with Levein / structure. 

:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Billy Davies was spot on with his comments. Levein is a stumbling block to our progress. He will never win us a trophy because he is not bold, brave or clever enough as a manager.

Spot on.

It's sounded suspiciously like wee Billy suggested Mr Levein and his collection of pals from Dundee United hit the road. Just a guess.

Levein being the issue is debatable, but what the feck do the other numerous coaches do with the players week in week out. Remember according to Levein he doesn’t “get” the players until 2 days before the game!!

Just now, Sten Guns said:

Who said he should be manager like? 

:cornette:

The point is the problem with Levein / structure. 

:facepalm:

The day I listen to anything that self centered prick has to say about my club will be the day i give up being a Hearts fan. 

Guy is so up himself and delusional. **** him and his criticism. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

The day I listen to anything that self centered prick has to say about my club will be the day i give up being a Hearts fan. 

Guy is so up himself and delusional. **** him and his criticism. 

First of all you miss the point of the post. Completely.

Now you’re in complete denial. His comments have been proven right. Thems the facts. Full scale blinker mode.

Cringey.

Unemployed for 4 years can’t get any club to give him a job but we were wrong?

We’re not the only ones apparently. Problem was he wanted to bring Tommy Sheridan in as his wing man.... again.

1 minute ago, MMHearts said:

We’re not the only ones apparently. Problem was he wanted to bring Tommy Sheridan in as his wing man.... again.

We’ve been failing on the park and with recruitment for a long long time now.

Yes, Hearts are wrong.

Yes, the comments are right. I don’t care who said them.

4 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

First of all you miss the point of the post. Completely.

Now you’re in complete denial. His comments have been proven right. Thems the facts. Full scale blinker mode.

Cringey.

Craig Leveins a PHM. A club player, a manager twice and director of football who helped steer this club back Into the premiership and the 21st century. 

Billy Davis is a ****ing twat. 

Call me blinkered but I didn't see a performance which merits some of the meltdowns which have proceeded it on here. Bit of bad defending late on aside and we would have won the game today. 

More positives than negatives Imo. 

We are heading In the right direction. Plenty to play for now we have a run of home games. 

Johnny Sandiego
2 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

Haha, its most shocking to think Davies would want less people involved.

To be fair Owen Coyle said something similar. Both wanted to bring in their own coaching staff which would mean the likes of Macphee and Daily leaving. Budge and Levein want to keep them. Our structure is stopping us from getting an experienced manager in. Hence why we ended up with Levein. 

Quote from Coyle in Evening news. When jobs come up, agents put your name in. You know the structure at Hearts,” he continues. “Myself and Sandy Stewart, my assistant, work everywhere together. Wherever I go, Sandy is with me. Hearts were always going to keep their same structure in place. That’s all I would say.

Section G The Place To Be
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Craig Leveins a PHM. A club player, a manager twice and director of football who helped steer this club back Into the premiership and the 21st century. 

Call me blinkered but I didn't see a performance which merits some of the meltdowns which have proceeded it on here. Bit of bad defending late on aside and we would have won the game today. 

We are heading In the right direction. Plenty to play for now we have a run of home games. 

Has Billy Davies pumped your missus? 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Are you for real? We are absolutely no better than we were under Cathro and are heading nowhere fast. The football is dire and the team are shapeless.  The only positive was the performance of Brandon. I couldn't care less if Levein is a PHM or not, he needs emptied.

He wanted MacPhee to go.  That is the MacPhee who survived Cathro's sacking.  And perhaps the worst ever senior coach record at Hearts?

20 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

His quote in full;

Billy Davis is a cheque book manager, he can go out and buy a team - but it won’t last, it’s no more than a quick fix, and he’ll leave a club with crap on the park, and a financial black hole.

He demanded a player budget massively more than we were willing to give - he wanted to try to buy success, not build it via the Youth Acadamy.

That’s the changes he wanted to make - nothing to do with people or personalities - he wanted us to go back to the old tried and tested (and failed) business model of spending money now, based on hoping to earn more later - that’s why no club will touch him.  :rolleyes:

Sorry AlimOzturk, but the levels of straw clutching and delusion is frightening mate.

Saddens me. Genuinely.

Owen Coyle comments make uncomfortable reading. :(

I'll be bumping this thread in a few months. 

Absolutely certain Levien gets us back to winning ways. 

35 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He's also got no bottle 

Something he's demonstrated all through his career 

We get a draw at home to PTFC and BD is the  peoples poet, better off with Sheridan,  there was one in the bed and the one said roll over

Some fans just don’t want to see it. Levein has Ann wrapped round his little finger and he has created himself the safest job in European football. I firmly believe he’s blaming the current fiasco on poor recruitment lead by the old manager and how things will get better after the next transfer window. Failure to beat Thistle at home in such a huge occassion for the club speaks volumes for where we are as a club. Budge may know business but she knows nothing about football and it shows. Under 17k for the opening of the new stand. Will be less than 16k with performances like today. 

We where in admin x amount of season ago blah blah blah blah blah blah.......

45 minutes ago, Sten Guns said:

His quote in full;

So... what is it that is so wrong with the "Structure"?

Remember of course that the people are the people in the structure, not the structure.

MacDonald Jardine
46 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Really?

I'd rather be successful with a manager Who's a prick than chronically bad with a "good guy".

MacDonald Jardine
37 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You are joking.

We might just hold on for a laboured 1-0 win against Partick Thistle at home but don't. 

It says it all about how low We've sunk that you see this as heading in the right direction. 

Bristol jamboree 10

Ann and Craig have a plan.Get out championship build new stand and go back to championship.We have lost to Kilmarnock drawn with thistle.If we lose next 2 games Ross and Hamilton that would set us up for crunch game v Dundee lose that and 1 point from bottom  sides. Is a disgrace. .Davis said what he said Jack Ross left Robbie got out at first chance..

"Heading in the right direction".

Jesus ****ing Christ there are some delusional numpties in our support. We are total gash. A shambles of a squad overseen (I won't say managed as that would blatantly be bullshit) by a guy who has lost all his passion and hunger. We are a club who have made significant positive steps off the park but are as poor on it as we have been since the early 80's. Nothing will change without a total cull of the footballing staff both on and off the pitch. We are most certainly not "heading in the right direction".

1 hour ago, Sten Guns said:

His quote in full;

Billy Davies is an unsavoury unlikable welt who should never even have been spoken to re the Hearts job. Give me Levein any day. 

45 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Has Billy Davies pumped your missus? 

More likely to have been Tommy, with Billy clearing up afterwards.

50 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

To be fair Owen Coyle said something similar. Both wanted to bring in their own coaching staff which would mean the likes of Macphee and Daily leaving. Budge and Levein want to keep them. Our structure is stopping us from getting an experienced manager in. Hence why we ended up with Levein. 

I'm sorry is Levein not an experienced manager. Just coz you don't like him does not mean he has no experience!

30 minutes ago, Spencer said:

He's also got no bottle 

Something he's demonstrated all through his career 

How's that. Explain. genuine question

1 hour ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

I took from his interview he wouldn’t work with Levein and Levein needed to go in order for us to progress. 

As as you said forget who has said it. Doesn’t matter if you like or hate BD he is proving to have been right. 

I think you took it wrong then.

The problems Davies and Coyle highlighted aren't just the role of Levein but the fact that we wouldn't be changing anything in regards to the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

Who is the great Billy Davies currently managing ? 

Your right Davies is damaged goods and he'll find it hard t get a decent job but he knows his football and he was right about Hearts management of our team. I was sitting behind Levein and his coaches and believe me the lot of them are clueless and out of their depth.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

We've played the first team in that run and dropped two points. Can you list your positives to show your reasoning. I'm not having a pop but, for me

Positives. New stand, Brandon, Djoum, Hughes, Milinkovic (first half) nice goal from Isma

Negatives. 2nd to every ball, again. Slow. poor distribution throughout, aimless lumps up the park Very little sign of the Lafferty/Isma partnership working. Callachan, again. 

Strange substitutions, again. 

I wasn't as put out as some by Levein's appointment but I have to say he has not, thus far done anything I thought he would. We're not harder to beat. We're not more combatative or physical. We are weak in the challenge, when we make a challenge and a long way short of where I thought we'd be. I din't think we'd be winning in style but I thought we'd at least be winning

Having said all that I'd rather have Sharon Davies as a manager than Billy Davis

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think you took it wrong then.

The problems Davies and Coyle highlighted aren't just the role of Levein but the fact that we wouldn't be changing anything in regards to the coaching staff.

Which I think is the real problem, not Levein but that the coaches are all ****ing shite. 

MacDonald Jardine
16 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Billy Davies is an unsavoury unlikable welt who should never even have been spoken to re the Hearts job. Give me Levein any day. 

Right. 

So winning football matches is no longer a criterion for managing a football team?

As long as you're not unsavoury or unlikable.

2 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

I'm sorry is Levein not an experienced manager. Just coz you don't like him does not mean he has no experience!

He is out of his depth. This bootroom system worked at Liverpool from the 1960's till the 80's but it had exceptionable backroom staff which no club has ever been able to copy. Ann Budge really needs to get a grip and employ a manager who knows what he is doing. We have signed players that are useless, we are sending out teams that play like an unorganised shambles which will drive fans away and make our better players want to leave.

MacDonald Jardine
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We've played the first team in that run and dropped two points. Can you list your positives to show your reasoning. I'm not having a pop but, for me

Positives. New stand, Brandon, Djoum, Hughes, Milinkovic (first half) nice goal from Isma

Negatives. 2nd to every ball, again. Slow. poor distribution throughout, aimless lumps up the park Very little sign of the Lafferty/Isma partnership working. Callachan, again. 

Strange substitutions, again. 

I wasn't as put out as some by Levein's appointment but I have to say he has not, thus far done anything I thought he would. We're not harder to beat. We're not more combatative or physical. We are weak in the challenge, when we make a challenge and a long way short of where I thought we'd be. I din't think we'd be winning in style but I thought we'd at least be winning

Good post.

It is a criteria for a football manager, absolutely. Levein needs given time to turn things round. If we are still as gash as this in a years time there will be no debate, nowhere to hide and I trust that he would do the right thing before he was sacked. After all, according to most on here, he doesn't want to do the job anyway, so surely it will be an easy decision for him to walk.   But Billy Davis, come on... He is orrible. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic

Archived