Accounts and AGM 2017 ( Merged )

2205ian

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, oh ah grantona said:

Shareview have sent the email but I didn’t see on Hearts site 

It's on the bar above Main Topics on website...for the want of a better description:thumbsup:

Turn over increased by £1.3m to £11.3m

Net Assets £11.5m.  £6m capitalised from Stadium redevelopment. 

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:drummer:.

Many thanks redjambo.

I was confident someone would dig me out of my "less than adequate PC skills" hole:laugh:

PS. I will leave the comments to the "qualified" financial experts on here.........awaiting Greenginger's contibution with interest:rolleyes5:

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I am waiting for FF to summarise ?? 

I am waiting for Hibs.net to summarise as they are the experts on our accounts.

:fth:

2 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

I am waiting for Hibs.net to summarise as they are the experts on our accounts.

:fth:

Snap.  I fully expect that we are on the verge of bankruptcy but on the credit side our charity theft income is up on previous years.

46 minutes ago, Spencer said:

CL remuneration down from £154k to £135k 

I assume that means his remuneration is performance related. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume that means his remuneration is performance related. 

Presume so. £154k would've probably had some incentive element following promotion 

Just now, Spencer said:

Presume so. £154k would've probably had some incentive element following promotion 

Indeed. Will be more interesting next year to see how his remuneration varies now he is manager. 

Total remuneration of key management personnel, including directors is £497,000 up from £415,000 the year before. hard to tell what it all means. Just had a quick glance, but a few interesting things. Will look more closely later on.

Footballfirst

The headline profit was only achieved by means of the £2.5m donation (I assume this is the benefactors contribution to the stand funding)

The "Assets in the course of construction" figure has gone up to £6.207m which reflects the amount spent on the new stand.

£1.4m of those have now been transferred to "Land and Buildings freehold " which is the Wheatfield undercroft development.

A footnote states that a total of £6.9m has been spent so far.

One little surprise (although I suspected it was the case) is that Bidco has been charging an ongoing "Arrangement Fee" which amounts to £22k over the year in respect of the £2.4m loan.  I haven't seen any reference to any arrangement fee other than the initial £110,000 which was mentioned in the original loan agreement.  I suspected that this had been going on because I couldn't reconcile the amount of interest (and arrangement fee) charged (£172K) in previous years, by doing an interest calculation on its own.

Ann also acknowledges a family connection with one of the contractors.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, ejbh said:

Trying to work out if the £2.5m donation is part of the £3m total, or in addition. Any idea FF?

I think it is but I will have to look in more detail.  It's not helped by the club using an image based PDF file instead of a text based one as you can't search for anything.  I will convert the file into a text format later.

I note that a £1.75m loan facility was arranged in October 2017.

Elias Henry Furst
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think it is but I will have to look in more detail.  It's not helped by the club using an image based PDF file instead of a text based one as you can't search for anything.  I will convert the file into a text format later.

(excel is the best - much easier to use than PDF's)

Footballfirst

We have a lease that will cost £292k during this financial year.  I assume that this is the cost of renting Riccarton.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Yes I saw that, which is interesting.

Footballfirst
Just now, ejbh said:

It looks like we have plans to spend a further £5.878m on the stand this financial year. (note 30)

Elias Henry Furst
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It looks like we have plans to spend a further £5.878m on the stand this financial year. (note 30)

giphy.gif

Footballfirst

A sign of the good health of the club is a reduction in the amount of cash deposit retained by the club's credit card merchant in respect of ticket sales , down by £839k on last year. (note 16)

Footballfirst

Looks like we spent £466k on acquiring player registrations (transfer fees and agents fees).  (note 12)

How much of that was Cathro's signings I don't know.

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, ejbh said:

Trying to work out if the £2.5m donation is part of the £3m total, or in addition. Any idea FF?

It's confirmed as being a donation towards the main stand development in Note 6

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So £5.9m intended spend this financial year plus £6.2m already spent only takes us to £12.1m.

As it's acknowledged that the cost will be greater than this what do you think the reason for this being on the low side is? 

4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

So £5.9m intended spend this financial year plus £6.2m already spent only takes us to £12.1m.

As it's acknowledged that the cost will be greater than this what do you think the reason for this being on the low side is? 

I think “intended spend” is what we are already contracted to pay in this financial year. I guess there will be other costs which we haven’t yet contracted to pay yet, if that makes sense?

As per previous year the £1.5m received  from foh is not included in the headline turnover figure of £11.3m.  It is capitalised against other reserves with the note stadium redevelopment reserve.

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

There was another £700k spent in a previous year (for planning and acquiring on site buildings to be demolished)

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, ejbh said:

Ann stated in the last stand update that we had agreed a loan facility should it be required to complete the stand.. However was confident that it would not be required 

Footballfirst

One negative - Looking at the increase in the staff costs and numbers in each functional area of £364K, I think we can take it as read that the football budget is being constrained because of the current capital spending, i.e. the increase in turnover (£1.288m) is being mainly spent on non football activities. 

That situation is likely to continue at least for the current season, and will probably continue until the £1.75m loan facility (if used) is paid off.  The FOH money will also be directed to repaying the Bidco loan from May 2018 onwards and will take 20 months to pay off, so there will be no direct benefit to the club for that period.

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

One negative - Looking at the increase in the staff costs and numbers in each functional area of £364K, I think we can take it as read that the football budget is being constrained because of the current capital spending, i.e. the increase in turnover (£1.288m) is being mainly spent on non football activities. 

That situation is likely to continue at least for the current season, and will probably continue until the £1.75m loan facility (if used) is paid off.  The FOH money will also be directed to repaying the Bidco loan from May 2018 onwards and will take 20 months to pay off, so there will be no direct benefit to the club for that period.

Thanks. More or less what I thought would be the case. A bit of pain for long term gain. 

WorldChampions1902

I just want to say a big "thank you" to FF for his significant contributions to this forum on these important financial issues. Your explanations, interpretations and insights are clear, concise and perfectly comprehensible.

Kind regards

WC1902

Footballfirst

Looking at the Lease figures once again. it seems we have 10 years left on the Riccarton lease, based on the £292k a year figure.

Footballfirst

Here is the text of the family connection between Ann and one of the contractors:

During the year, the company purchased construction services from JB Contracts (Scotland) Limited amounting to £1,465,000 (2016 - £248,000). At 30 June 2017, the company owed JB Contracts (Scotland) Limited £200,000 (2016 - £240,000). Whilst there is a family connection between Dr A Budge and the director and controlling shareholder of this company, there are no shared business interests. The construction services were procured by our independent 3rd party Construction Manager, who was responsible for the evaluation, selection and appointment of suitable trade contractors, via a structured tender process. The Board are satisfied that the services were purchased on an arm's length basis.

25 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Thanks. More or less what I thought would be the case. A bit of pain for long term gain. 

Yeah, come 2020/21 we may see some progress. Good times. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Finance bods - please translate into simple words. Are we doing ok? Anything to worry about? Any surprises? 

Generally pretty positive, but don't expect much in the way of increased investment in the team for another couple of years at least.

Just as long as the club performs reasonably well on the park so that revenue levels remain buoyant, then its looking positive for the medium term.

Footballfirst

I'm pleased to see that FOH has been able to sustain the £125k a month donation throughout the last financial year, despite all the doom merchants and those who stopped contributing because of the results under Cathro.

FOH's own accounts are due to be published soon, so we will get a full picture of total donations made by pledgers and the amount used by FOH for its own administration and running costs.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Here is the text of the family connection between Ann and one of the contractors:

During the year, the company purchased construction services from JB Contracts (Scotland) Limited amounting to £1,465,000 (2016 - £248,000). At 30 June 2017, the company owed JB Contracts (Scotland) Limited £200,000 (2016 - £240,000). Whilst there is a family connection between Dr A Budge and the director and controlling shareholder of this company, there are no shared business interests. The construction services were procured by our independent 3rd party Construction Manager, who was responsible for the evaluation, selection and appointment of suitable trade contractors, via a structured tender process. The Board are satisfied that the services were purchased on an arm's length basis.

I had previously been told that it is her brother in law and relates to the work in the Wheatfield undercroft.

33 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I just want to say a big "thank you" to FF for his significant contributions to this forum on these important financial issues. Your explanations, interpretations and insights are clear, concise and perfectly comprehensible.

Kind regards

WC1902

Seconded, big thanks from us laymen.

Archived